- loveladyelectric +1
- ekeavney +1
- Java (WHO?!?!)
- CoffeeMate
- K00L
- kylemittskus +1

Regrets:
- anyone who misses this

Post your thoughts and suggestions on where, when, etc.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
loveladyelectric wrote:If we've semi-settled on Not Temecula (aka Santa Barbara), can we start suggesting places? Here are a few I'd really like to visit:

1. Clos Pepe. Wes Hagen is an awesome dude and is active on reddit. I'm sure it would be easy to bring him here. He'd be an instant favorite up there with Stillman, Peter, and Clarke.

2. Core. You've seen them on here a lot. I like them.

3. Melville. Good stuff, especially their whites. I want to try their higher end stuff.

4. Laetitia. I've heard nothing but good things, good prices, and apparently the best value sparkling in CA.

FYI, loveladyelectric also noted in another post: "Clos Pepe and Core are one mile apart, but the other two are very far north."

Also mentioned by PSquishy is: Tercero, Dragonette, Stolpman, & Qupe.

Tercero is a definite must stop.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Financially committed to The Garagiste Festival, this may be difficult to fit to in and make work.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Don't know if we can make this also, but we'll try. We've wanted to visit Paso/Santa Ynez for ages. Buttonwood is a must-visit for me!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Count me in.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Mark forgot my post in the original thread! We are Buttonwood, Curtis, and Lincourt members and have pick ups. maybe visit these three (or two) then add Tercero and Melville? There are a few other good ones in los Olivos (Andrew Murray). Are most of you thinking of staying overnight?

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

klezman wrote:Don't know if we can make this also, but we'll try. We've wanted to visit Paso/Santa Ynez for ages. Buttonwood is a must-visit for me!

PM for you.

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:Mark forgot my post in the original thread! We are Buttonwood, Curtis, and Lincourt members and have pick ups. maybe visit these three (or two) then add Tercero and Melville? There are a few other good ones in los Olivos (Andrew Murray). Are most of you thinking of staying overnight?

I didn't forget, I just didn't care!

Actually, I only posted a few of the posts, figuring people would chip in with others.

And yes, I think we need to plan for an overnight visit!!! Anyone know a central spot that's not too expensive to stay?

Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton?

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Don't know if we can make this also, but we'll try. We've wanted to visit Paso/Santa Ynez for ages. Buttonwood is a must-visit for me!

Paso is further north ... maybe 1 to 2 hours depending on traffic. And Paso has so many good wineries, that'll be another weekend!!!

losthighwayz

MarkDaSpark wrote:I didn't forget, I just didn't care!

Actually, I only posted a few of the posts, figuring people would chip in with others.

And yes, I think we need to plan for an overnight visit!!! Anyone know a central spot that's not too expensive to stay?

Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton?

We stay at the Pea Soup in Buellton about 50% of the times we visit. Clean and inexpensive. Great idea.

losthighwayz

MarkDaSpark wrote:Paso is further north ... maybe 1 to 2 hours depending on traffic. And Paso has so many good wineries, that'll be another weekend!!!

Agree! Plenty of good wineries in both areas that deserve plenty of time to visit. We know a few great palces for dinner in Solvang/Santa Ines if that is something anyone wants to do. Pricey but WAY worth it.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
MarkDaSpark wrote:Paso is further north ... maybe 1 to 2 hours depending on traffic. And Paso has so many good wineries, that'll be another weekend!!!

The weekend before! Nov 9th is the Garagiste Festival. You guys are crazy to miss it.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

We're out.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

losthighwayz

Pea Soup has rooms for $102 with AAA for the 16th. I suggest y'all book now before they are gone. Im almost positive you can cancel at no charge up until 24 hours before arrival. So who is in?

redhead11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redhead11
losthighwayz wrote:Pea Soup has rooms for $102 with AAA for the 16th. I suggest y'all book now before they are gone. Im almost positive you can cancel at no charge up until 24 hours before arrival. So who is in?

Time2testit and I are heavily leaning towards a yes.

MarkDaSpark

redhead11 wrote:Time2testit and I are heavily leaning towards a yes.

Lean on him harder!!!

losthighwayz

Bumping this gathering. Is anyone planning on going? It is less than two weeks away! I just booked our room for $89 at Pea Soup Andersens's Inn. You can cancel up to 24 hours before arrival at no charge for those on the bubble. Please let me know so I can contact Larry from Tercero as well as Buttonwood, Curtis, and other wineries to give them the heads up for group tastings. We get free tastings at many wineries in the area so that should not be an issue.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

We're a no go. We have a wedding during the day and my niece's 2nd birthday in the evening. Great idea for a gathering though.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

rjquillin

Paso this weekend makes SB a miss next weekend.

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Well, we had reservations but there are just too many things we have to do that entire weekend that can't be pushed. Hopefully we can do this again and we'll do our best to join up then.

losthighwayz

Looks like Lost + 1 will be flying solo. If anyone decides to go last minute the plan is to drive up Saturday morning, hit up 5 wineries, nap, then dinner. Leaving for LA Sunday morning.

losthighwayz

shameless bump.

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:Looks like Lost + 1 will be flying solo. If anyone decides to go last minute the plan is to drive up Saturday morning, hit up 5 wineries, nap, then dinner. Leaving for LA Sunday morning.

Which 5 you thinking about? Have an appointment Sat morning, but thinking hard about Sat afternoon.

losthighwayz

MarkDaSpark wrote:Which 5 you thinking about? Have an appointment Sat morning, but thinking hard about Sat afternoon.

We are planning on visitng the following:

1. Curtis
2. Tercero
3. Lincourt
4. Buttonwood
5. TBD

Let us know if you can make it!

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:We are planning on visitng the following:

1. Curtis
2. Tercero
3. Lincourt
4. Buttonwood
5. TBD

You could always stop by Core and taste the plus offering for us

CT

MarkDaSpark

losthighwayz wrote:We are planning on visitng the following:

1. Curtis
2. Tercero
3. Lincourt
4. Buttonwood
5. TBD

Not likely at this point. zTimBz and I evidently have way too many boxes in receiving, and need to move them into the locker. Somewhere.

Say "Hi" to Larry at Tercero for me. I'll make it back one day (have to see the finished tasting room).

rjquillin

x-post

losthighwayz wrote:Hi dave. Heading out to santa ynez tomorrow. How far are you from los olivos?

perhaps really not all that close
core in Orcutt
mapquest
Went right by them last weekend on the way home from Paso.

CT

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

So this gathering never twas. How about Lompoc?

Yeah yeah, quit your snickering. My wife and I went to Buelton/Solvang last weekend for a friend's retirement party. We hung out with him and his wife the day after and they took us to the Lompoc Wine Ghetto. It's this industrial looking lot with a bunch of wineries (19 tasting rooms to be exact) all in their own dinky buildings. Seems like a perfect spot for wooters.

http://www.lompoctrail.com/index.php/info/maps/lompoc-wine-ghetto

Any interest sometime in December?

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

losthighwayz

Go UCLA!