3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare

G. Debbas Coffin Wine-Filled Chocolates 6-Pack - (36 Pieces Total)
$29.99 $̶7̶2̶.̶0̶0̶ 58% off List Price
Dracula Blood Cabernet Filled Chocolates 2-Pack
Vampire Potion Pinot Noir Filled Chocolates 2-Pack
Zombie Spiked Punch Filled Chocolates 2-Pack

Website

Previous offers:
1/24/13
1/29/10
1/29/09

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

shortman

quality posts: 55 Private Messages shortman

I had G. Debbas chocolate truffles a couple years ago and loved them. I'm a teatotaller, but not completely against a bit of the stuff. Would I be wasting my time with these in terms of enjoyment? Or should I go for it?

Edit: Ok, you all convinced me, I'm in for three! Good job all.

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

Previous woot 1/24/2013. Same price.
Was in for 3. Suggest the same this time around.

blaxthos

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blaxthos

The G. Debbas video is worth it just to hear him pronounce his name, and to find out he cares about each piece.

In for 3, they make great gifts.

/blaxthos

GlassShard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlassShard

Ahh, I would love some of these but I'm in Florida, and I'm sure they'd melt on their way here.

lifesucksmedead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lifesucksmedead

^_^ I think I will purchase these, my mother will love em.

V'Owl Proud!!

7/11/14 Birthday Random Crap and Shirt Crap
5/23/14 Skemmis Apology Crap
4/30/14 Random Crap
4/22/14 (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanlieness
3/24/14 Pet Crap -_- Joy
2/17/14 Shirt.woot Crap
1/16/14 Shill Game Crap
12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
12/10/13 Day 8 Blackboard of Cleanlienessmas
8/22/13 Blackboard of Cleanlieness
3/22/12 Blackboard of Cleanlieness LXXIII: Crapvengers!
First Purchase- 3/9/11 SOG Multi-tool

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

These are amazing. Got them last time and I'll be getting them again.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham

Just curious. Overall description says "Filled with premium California wines; Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Port"

On the individual descriptions the port is spiked punch?

yduras

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yduras

These are food items but have alcoholic content... are they affected by the laws about shipping booze to certain states?

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester
yduras wrote:These are food items but have alcoholic content... are they affected by the laws about shipping booze to certain states?

I'm in PA (which has that stupid restriction), but I was able to get them the last time around. I guess because they are considered a confection vs. alcohol, they can be shipped.

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
GlassShard wrote:Ahh, I would love some of these but I'm in Florida, and I'm sure they'd melt on their way here.

First, thank you, Woot!

I stored my last batch in the fridge for four months and they held up. They're definitely fine for 3 months in the fridge (or, better still, wine cellar!).

Last, for the teetotaler, you won't get drunk off these, but they definitely taste a bit like wine and have the same heat (alcohol) on the tongue. So, whether you should buy them or not depends on your reason for avoiding alcohol. If you don't like the taste, don't buy these. If you don't like the effects, you can buy these without problem.

compgirl70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages compgirl70

These look amazing! I would buy these for sure if I hadn't lost my job due to budget cuts yesterday. Can't justify this now. :-(

rs187195

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rs187195

I ordered these last time they showed up - I think for Valentines day. They indeed are very very good. But for me personally I feel that spending $1 for one piece is just too much. If you buy them I'm sure you will enjoy them.

zyria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zyria

Why is tax being added to WA State?

ThunderThighs

Staff

zyria wrote:Why is tax being added to WA State?

Woot is required to collect sales tax on orders shipped to WA state.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

The wife hates when I buy candy, but the great reviews made me do it. In!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Any thoughts on when these will ship? I'll be out of town for a week soon and wouldn't want them sitting on the porch.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

webwidejosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webwidejosh
mstern20878 wrote:The wife hates when I buy candy, but the great reviews made me do it. In!

Hopefully you've found a loophole.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
Bione wrote:First, thank you, Woot!

I stored my last batch in the fridge for four months and they held up. They're definitely fine for 3 months in the fridge (or, better still, wine cellar!).

Last, for the teetotaler, you won't get drunk off these, but they definitely taste a bit like wine and have the same heat (alcohol) on the tongue.

But, they may make you "blow" positive on a breathalyzer if RECENTLY consumed, heed that caution! (Same as alcohol containing mouth wash, etc.)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

GlassShard wrote:Ahh, I would love some of these but I'm in Florida, and I'm sure they'd melt on their way here.

i think you'll be ok. We time this stuff pretty well.

Been eating these around the office. So good.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

coynedj wrote:Any thoughts on when these will ship? I'll be out of town for a week soon and wouldn't want them sitting on the porch.

These will arrive in time for Halloween. hope that helps in your decision.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
zyria wrote:Why is tax being added to WA State?

Cuz Amazon is HQ there.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Winedavid39 wrote:i think you'll be ok. We time this stuff pretty well.

Been eating these around the office. So good.

Your life is awesome.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

81prelude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages 81prelude

Adult candies for parents trick or treating with their kids on Halloween. FTWoot!

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

How many can you eat before falling off of the barstool??

Not a wine drinker, but these sound interesting!

ThunderThighs

Staff

daveinwarshington wrote:How many can you eat before falling off of the barstool??

Not a wine drinker, but these sound interesting!

Let's see....

One
Two
Three
.... to be continued

FORUM MODERATOR

shortman

Bione wrote:Last, for the teetotaler, you won't get drunk off these, but they definitely taste a bit like wine and have the same heat (alcohol) on the tongue. So, whether you should buy them or not depends on your reason for avoiding alcohol. If you don't like the taste, don't buy these. If you don't like the effects, you can buy these without problem.

I'm really not sure whether I will like the taste of the wine or not, but I went ahead and ordered, so I guess I'll find out soon. Thanks for your input.

djkid1974

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djkid1974

Was considering buying 2 but after seeing that I had to pay taxes in TN, I changed my mind! An additional $3.76 in taxes kills the deal of not paying additional shipping costs. :-(

idealreptiles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages idealreptiles

Mine arrived melted.
Box was actually leaking

shortman

idealreptiles wrote:Mine arrived melted.
Box was actually leaking

That's no good. Mine was originally scheduled for delivery today, but it changed today to delivery on Monday. So it's going to sit in the post office all weekend. I hope it doesn't get too warm there. I don't want chocolate wine soup. Fingers crossed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

idealreptiles wrote:Mine arrived melted.
Box was actually leaking

I'm so sorry. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR

shortman

Mine arrived today. No leakage! But the first package I pulled out was ripped and covered in sticky. I opened it and inspected the goodies and they are intact. I'm not sure what the sticky is or where it came from but it doesn't appear to be from the candies. A couple other packages have a little bit of sticky but most are clean. I'll forgive the sticky and torn package because I sampled a Zombie Spiked Punch Port filled candy and Wow! Yum! I thought sure the wine would be a bit of turn off, but it was quite a yummy combination. This teatotaller is so glad he purchased. Does this mean I'm not a teatotaller? Ha. Nah. I still am. This doesn't count. It's more chocolate than wine. G. Debbas you have impressed me again.

Update 10-29-2013: I found the cause of sticky. One of my "clean" packages had a completely shattered chocolate in it. Odd that it wasn't at all evident from looking at the package. Still yummy chocolate even broken. I'm surprised how little the wine bothers me. I hardly notice it's there to be honest.

speddlysmitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speddlysmitt

Well this will be a test of Woot's customer support. 3/6 boxes are in good shape.
1 Box had 3 chocolates with holes so the wine leaked out over the rest.

1 box had 2 chocolates with holes.

Then the worst was 1 box that had all seals broken inside and outside. The chocolates are not in a nice row either.

Makes me wonder if these were returns from the seller.

Hopefully woot will do what is right.

zyria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zyria

OK, so I pulled the trigger and bought 3 even though la.me-o tax was added.

Mine arrived in perfect shape and I had my first taste today which was the Zombie Spiked Punch Filled Chocolates because it was the first one my hand touched.

YUM!!! I am making a REAL effort not to go back downstairs and eat another individual chocolate as I could probably eat a whole package in a short period of time. As of this writing I have had two chocolates and I can really taste the cocoa butter which makes all the difference.

I'm glad I bought 3 (total 18 packages of 6 chocolates each) and I hope I can moderate my snacking over the next few months so these will last a while.

Fortunately for me, my wife does not like dark chocolate and as such, I have not told her about this purchase and have them hidden on a shelf well outside of her reach, mu-wa-ha-ha-ha!

SCranmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SCranmer

2 of 6 broken boxes here. A piece or two pieces broken in transit in each, really making for an awful sticky mess of the entire box. I let Woot know, hopefully get some good news come Monday. Those two boxes not withstanding, the pieces in the good boxes were out of this world good! A little bit more padded shipping may be in order with candies like this.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

SCranmer wrote:2 of 6 broken boxes here. A piece or two pieces broken in transit in each, really making for an awful sticky mess of the entire box. I let Woot know, hopefully get some good news come Monday. Those two boxes not withstanding, the pieces in the good boxes were out of this world good! A little bit more padded shipping may be in order with candies like this.

That stinks, I'm sorry for the mess! Keep us posted on how things turn out.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.