$29.99 $̶4̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 25% off List Price
Promontory, 1 lb.
Ipanema, 1 lb.
RUSK Crackers, 4 oz. Box

We bsite

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Kapil

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Kapil

Plant or animal rennet?

--
www.kapilville.com

CruelMelody

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CruelMelody

Mmm looks good. Might get this to satiate my wine.woot withdrawls here in minneapolis

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160
CruelMelody wrote:Mmm looks good. Might get this to satiate my wine.woot withdrawls here in minneapolis

You and me both :-(
On the bright side, those with too much wine on their hands can start putting a dent in their collection rather than acquiring wine faster than they can consume it.

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden
Kapil wrote:Plant or animal rennet?

The specs page says vegetarian rennet.

lnljuly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly

Has anyone tried the Ipanema? I love the Promontory, and have already hit the big button, but am curious about the Ipanema.

unavaca

quality posts: 6 Private Messages unavaca

I haven't tried this variety, but I just picked up their Barely Buzzed at Whole Foods last weekend and really liked it.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Anyone know how long you can keep these cheeses (sealed and refrigerated) before consuming. Would they hold until Thanksgiving?

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

When will we see some Vella cheese? Hopefully in time to enjoy before Thanksgiving. Please? Pretty please??

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar

We use several varieties of Beehive cheese at work all the time for charcuterie boards - they're very good.

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm

Perfect timing! We have one of our big dinners coming up and we love to put out a nice block of cheese or two. I really like the Promontory. I would love to have some TeaHive and Barely Buzzed though. Our guests always love those--as do we!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

Yes! Been waiting to see these cheeses up again. Love the Barely Buzzed and Sea Hive. Always wanted to try their Promontory, and the Ipanema with Sierra Nevada cultured butter and cocoa sounds pretty darn great. Can't wait to try em!

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

I have to say, I was thinking this sounded pretty good until I saw the picture. Of the cheese. With bees on it. Now, not so much.

Does it come with the bees?

rachaar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rachaar

Beehive Cheese is AMAZING. Highly recommended. I haven't tried either of these varieties yet but that's not gonna stop me from buying.

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

sunnyx0r wrote:I have to say, I was thinking this sounded pretty good until I saw the picture. Of the cheese. With bees on it. Now, not so much.

Does it come with the bees?

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

every beehive cheese option i've tried has been absolutely delicious--you won't be disappointed if you take advantage of this offer. i'm lucky enough to get multiple varieties locally, or i'd definitely be in for three. the promontory is fantastic in a grilled cheese sandwich. <=)

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
blaculadave wrote:

Awesome.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kahuna75

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kahuna75
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Anyone know how long you can keep these cheeses (sealed and refrigerated) before consuming. Would they hold until Thanksgiving?

These will stay a very very very long time in the fridge so long as the vacuum pack is not compromised.

I have stored vacuum packed Parm from Italy for several years in the fridge and it was super when opened.

When I bought Vella Mezzo Secco Dry Jack Cheese from woot - I did not open it for 6 months after receiving and it was fantastic.

www.kahunasfoodandwine.com on Twitter @kahunasfoodwine

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

yay! beehive and point reyes are my fave cheese "brands". wish i'd know this was coming up before i wasted my money on the igourmet cheeses; would have held off on those.

that being said, count me in! beehive, show me your love!

TCayer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

When I first looked at the picture, I read the crackers as "RISK!" I thought to myself "Self: WHY are they making cheese and crackers based on the classic board game?"

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo
TCayer wrote:When I first looked at the picture, I read the crackers as "RISK!" I thought to myself "Self: WHY are they making cheese and crackers based on the classic board game?"

Not gonna lie, I totally thought they were selling some kind of "buy 2 cheeses, get a board game free" kind of deal.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Not generally one to quibble on pricing and discounts, but from the Beehive website this would $47 for product and $15 to ship to SoCal; $62. $35 from Woot!

Great to see the red all over the map for a change.

CT

beehivecheesekatie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages beehivecheesekatie
Kapil wrote:Plant or animal rennet?

Vegetarian rennet :-) ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Anyone know how long you can keep these cheeses (sealed and refrigerated) before consuming. Would they hold until Thanksgiving?

Hi 98! If kept in the original packaging, your cheese will be good until Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas. Thanks for the inquiry. ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

ciarlar wrote:We use several varieties of Beehive cheese at work all the time for charcuterie boards - they're very good.

[Blushing] Thanks! ^Katie

sftbll10

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sftbll10

How could I NOT buy this? Fatty gold right here! I hope you offer more during the holidays!

beehivecheesekatie

blaculadave wrote:

SOLID! We love Oprah. By the way, Utah is the Beehive State. ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

stinawargo wrote:Not gonna lie, I totally thought they were selling some kind of "buy 2 cheeses, get a board game free" kind of deal.

Thanks for the feedback. Next Woot! we'll offer a side of Life. ^Katie

lnljuly

beehivecheesekatie wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Next Woot! we'll offer a side of Life. ^Katie

Can you also offer the TeaHive? I've been waiting very (im)patiently for it to show up again.

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn
beehivecheesekatie wrote:Hi 98! If kept in the original packaging, your cheese will be good until Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas. Thanks for the inquiry. ^Katie

I just have to say, I discovered an unopened package of Promontory in the back of the "cheese area" of my fridge (that a package of Promontory could escape notice tells you how large and full that area is) that was much older than from now until Christmas. With a tear in my eye, I opened it, knowing it would be ruined...and it was GREAT! I don't plan to keep my current order waiting that long, for sure, but I could hardly have been more pleased with how well it keeps.

stormoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormoi

Excited about my first Woot! cheese purchase! How is this shipped? Standard, 2-day? Freezer pack, dry ice?

beehivecheesekatie

lnljuly wrote:Can you also offer the TeaHive? I've been waiting very (im)patiently for it to show up again.

I will make a note of that and tell the higher-ups. ^Katie

kfujita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

sweet! missed out on the beehive cheese the last time they were offered. can't wait to try them!

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

I live in Utah and enjoy all the Beehive cheeses on a regular basis (habanero curds - u have to try) this is an excellent price as it generally sells in our stores for 18.95LB / I've seen it on sale as low as 15.95 lb but that's it.

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk

Love being able to buy Beehive cheese online.....instead of heading to Utah where the mother-in-law lives! whoo hoo!

mrsrun2live2day

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsrun2live2day

Bring forth the cheesy goodness. This is some stellar cheese. If you don't woot you're missing out.

beehivecheesekatie

stormoi wrote:Excited about my first Woot! cheese purchase! How is this shipped? Standard, 2-day? Freezer pack, dry ice?

Hi Stomoi! We will pack it with ice packs in an insulated container to arrive perfect. ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

lamcjunk wrote:Love being able to buy Beehive cheese online.....instead of heading to Utah where the mother-in-law lives! whoo hoo!

LOL! No comment. ^Katie

lnljuly

My cheese is here! My cheese is here! (Chicago) The Ipanema is really delicious. Well done, cheesemakers.