Tessa Marie Cal-Italian Sangiovese Blend 3-Pack
$66.99 $̶1̶2̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 45% off List Price
2007 Tessa Marie Coquette
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I'm interested anyone taste this?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

This is certainly a few bucks cheaper than Wine Spies who had it 10/12/2012 for $23.99 a bottle. Any rats out there on this one? It's tweaking my interest!

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
jmdavidson wrote:This is certainly a few bucks cheaper than Wine Spies who had it 10/12/2012 for $23.99 a bottle. Any rats out there on this one? It's tweaking my interest!

How do you figure "a few bucks cheaper"? With $5 shipping this offer is also $24/bottle, and that doesn't include the tax that many have to pay.

This has my interest as well (even at $24 each), but I don't see how it is a better deal.

I would also like to see some tasting notes.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

I too would love to hear from someone at the winery or better, someone who has had this.

I can buy some superb chianti classico or even Vino Nobile at this price point.

Will need some convincing....

Is it broke or just fractured?

klinemic

quality posts: 3 Private Messages klinemic

Quality review at http://whatsworthdrinking.com/2011/10/04/post-175-tasting-a-fantasy-with-tessa-marie-wines/

Tessa Marie 2007 Santa Barbara County Sangiovese
Tessa Marie’s take on Italy’s most planted varietal, this Sangiovese is a blend of fruit from two vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley. 90% of the fruit comes from Honea Vineyard, a family owned and operated property devoted entirely to Italian varietals (and a little Merlot). The remaining 10% comes from Camp 4. To develop complexity, this wine was aged 18 months in French oak barrels.

An intriguing aroma of chocolate, black pepper, and a faint hint of bacon introduce this wine. Vanilla and dark cherries mix with caramel and crème de violet, creating a tantalizing fragrance.

Ripe and rich with dark cherries and berries, the palate is beautifully tempered by faint, powdery tannins and an earthiness reminiscent of suede and vineyard dust. This wine’s juicy acidity, fresh fruitiness, and subtle terroir elements come together to create a truthful expression of the varietal and a very enjoyable pour.

Worth Trying. 91 points.

gastrognome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gastrognome

Tessa Marie Parker is Fess Parker's grand-daughter.
http://www.independent.com/news/2011/jun/13/tessa-marie-parker-debuts-wine-brand/

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia
rlmanzo wrote:I too would love to hear from someone at the winery or better, someone who has had this.

I'll throw my voice into this din...hoping for some tasting notes.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
klinemic wrote:Quality review at http://whatsworthdrinking.com/2011/10/04/post-175-tasting-a-fantasy-with-tessa-marie-wines/

Tessa Marie 2007 Santa Barbara County Sangiovese
Tessa Marie’s take on Italy’s most planted varietal, this Sangiovese is a blend of fruit from two vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley. 90% of the fruit comes from Honea Vineyard, a family owned and operated property devoted entirely to Italian varietals (and a little Merlot). The remaining 10% comes from Camp 4. To develop complexity, this wine was aged 18 months in French oak barrels.

An intriguing aroma of chocolate, black pepper, and a faint hint of bacon introduce this wine. Vanilla and dark cherries mix with caramel and crème de violet, creating a tantalizing fragrance.

Ripe and rich with dark cherries and berries, the palate is beautifully tempered by faint, powdery tannins and an earthiness reminiscent of suede and vineyard dust. This wine’s juicy acidity, fresh fruitiness, and subtle terroir elements come together to create a truthful expression of the varietal and a very enjoyable pour.

Worth Trying. 91 points.

This woot offer is for the Coquette blend. Fortunately, it is reviewed at the same link (Wine #3), and given the same score. Also, according to their website, http://www.tessamariewines.com/product/2007-Coquette, Wine Enthusiast gave this a 90.

jmdavidson

Cyradia wrote:I'll throw my voice into this din...hoping for some tasting notes.

Neil?

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

Can anyone explain to me why WOOT no longer ships to OH? I've looked at the ship compliant blog and the only entries this year relate to updated sales tax rates. As far as I know no laws have changed.

tessamariewines

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tessamariewines

I have! More of a fuller bodied red. Very cal-Italian. Ever had a Sangio/Syrah blend? Very tasty to say the least.

tytiger58 wrote:I'm interested anyone taste this?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tessamariewines wrote:I have! More of a fuller bodied red. Very cal-Italian. Ever had a Sangio/Syrah blend? Very tasty to say the least.

Thanks for jumping in with us. Can you tell us who you are? Your favorite color? Pets? Social security number?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tessamariewines

rlmanzo wrote:I too would love to hear from someone at the winery or better, someone who has had this.

How can I help? Tessa Marie here...

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Cyradia wrote:I'll throw my voice into this din...hoping for some tasting notes.

No rodent sightings for this offer. I've asked the winery to chime in.

overall, very high vineyard pedigree, great care and investment in making the wine. Great price for this wine, IMHO.

edit: welcome Tessa Marie !

tessamariewines

kylemittskus wrote:Thanks for jumping in with us. Can you tell us who you are? Your favorite color? Pets? Social security number?

My name is Tessa and I am the winemaker for Tessa Marie Wines or in other words 100% responsible for the Coquette ha!

tessamariewines

Winedavid39 wrote:No rodent sightings for this offer. I've asked the winery to chime in.

overall, very high vineyard pedigree, great care and investment in making the wine. Great price for this wine, IMHO.

edit: welcome Tessa Marie !

Hello!

Very good pedigree indeed! We pride ourselves on our vineyards sources here in the Santa Ynez Valley. I am a small producer so playing around with different sources makes it more exciting. After all, it all starts in the vineyard! New AVAs are being created as we speak.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dalylink wrote:Can anyone explain to me why WOOT no longer ships to OH? I've looked at the ship compliant blog and the only entries this year relate to updated sales tax rates. As far as I know no laws have changed.

There are.... issues. This thread might help.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

jmdavidson wrote:Neil?

..I don't see any bottles, otherwise I would! (I do it for you.. not me).

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

dlvb1013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlvb1013

I am interested to know why you don't ship to VA when I know that VA has shipping abilities...I belong to a wine club that ships to me monthly?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
dlvb1013 wrote:I am interested to know why you don't ship to VA when I know that VA has shipping abilities...I belong to a wine club that ships to me monthly?

See the above link posted by TT.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
dlvb1013 wrote:I am interested to know why you don't ship to VA when I know that VA has shipping abilities...I belong to a wine club that ships to me monthly?

Look here: http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5235552. Way back in Nov. 2012 something happened to change 3rd party shipping. So make sure you write a complaining letter to our state representatives and keep on it!!! I don't kow if this is the right post- if not just search for "no Va shipping" on the Woot site.

jmdavidson

neilfindswine wrote:..I don't see any bottles, otherwise I would! (I do it for you.. not me).

I would gladly try any of the italian/italian style wines. (hint, hint)

jetensley1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jetensley1

You should try her Olive Oils!!!

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

With the Great Wine Embargo still in place, I feel like I should take advantage of as many of these offers as I can, since I am in a free state. This sounds like it might be tasty, but I think I need to wait for the next best thing that comes along.

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

Thanks for the link Thunder Thighs. I have to hope sanity reigns at some point...