MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away Folks!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of September 30
Fall foliage is starting. Time to transition from summery whites to toasty reds. Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
October
10/5: Seattle: Distillery Tour and Wine Tasting
Late Oct: October Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal

November
11/2: DFW: Dinner at Eden Please RSVP by Oct 26.
11/29: NoVA/DC #30: Annual Leftovers Feasting

Pending
TBD: Atlanta #1
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Good morning.

Fingers crossed that this week is less frantic and disorganized than last week.

Ahem!! Not a good start!

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

Seems like this pending shut-down also closed the pub...

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Bad day so far. Em dipped my iPhone in the toilet (it's currently sitting in a bag of rice). She's also 2.5 hours past nap time with no signs of slowing down.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Bad day so far. Em dipped my iPhone in the toilet (it's currently sitting in a bag of rice). She's also 2.5 hours past nap time with no signs of slowing down.

High proof alcohol is good too. It goes into solution with the water and with some warm evaporates nicely. We clean circuit board assemblies with 190 proof ethanol all the time.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ahem!! Not a good start!

Sigh. Took me a long time and InFrom's post to figure out what you meant.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Sigh. Took me a long time and InFrom's post to figure out what you meant.

I think it's time you went back to bed and got up all over again!!!

MarkDaSpark

So is Costco the best deal for 4 new tires?

First time in forever that I need 4 at the same time. I blame all those trips the past two years up to NoCal!!!

MarkDaSpark

For bahwm, d-dog, Mommadeb, and other teachers out there ...

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:So is Costco the best deal for 4 new tires?

First time in forever that I need 4 at the same time. I blame all those trips the past two years up to NoCal!!!

Or Discount. You can do price matching too. Be sure to consider all the "add on" fees and junk they try to sell, like the replacement rubber stems they wanted to sell me, for my steel ones; not!

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
rjquillin wrote:High proof alcohol is good too. It goes into solution with the water and with some warm evaporates nicely. We clean circuit board assemblies with 190 proof ethanol all the time.

Low proof alcohol (25-35 proof) may be in order as well, especially if the phone does not survive.

I have also had success with the little silica packs that come in shoe boxes and other stuff.

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Bad day so far. Em dipped my iPhone in the toilet (it's currently sitting in a bag of rice). She's also 2.5 hours past nap time with no signs of slowing down.

LOL

Mason pulled my unprotected ipad down from the kitchen counter onto the tile floor, my momentary freakout only netted a dented corner. We have to keep all bedroom doors closed aside from his room, the family room and the kitchen otherwise he can get into all kinds of stuff.

I put him down in his room after changing him on sat. night, he ran ahead of me out of the room. I found him five seconds later trotting across the living room with my wife's 1/2 full glass of white wine in his hand. He magically only spilled a small amount on the wood floor but lots of things could have gone wrong there.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

eww what a way to start the day...as far as Em... dare I say it... might not "need" naps, or as many? mine went thru that... one day naps... then at the blink of an eye.. no naps needed... what I did do was give them "quiet" time.. or reading time... I would put a huge stack of books on their bed and tell them they couldn't get off the bed. but could look at all the books... they usually fell asleep after a few books.... lavender oil also helps!!!

mommadeb1

crazy day... hadn't even left the house and I had teachers texting me to fill in for them..... got to work.. someone didn't show for their morning duty.. did that...went to what I was susposed to be doing.. got pulled from that... teacher had to leave..kids were all coughing and sneezing...ewwwwwww......here is to a better tomorrow!!

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:So is Costco the best deal for 4 new tires?

Most likely. I have done the comparison 3 times over the last 5 years and Costco always ended up the least expensive for the quality of tire. Be sure to take advantage of the $70 off bridgestone or michelin when it rolls around.

The reason I have always tried for somewhere other than Costco is the turnaround time on rotations, which can take all Saturday sometimes. In one case I took the Costco quote to my local tire shop and they matched it, which was awesome because they would get me in for a rotation and back on the road in 20 minutes.

On a side note, consider yourself fortunate you don't have to replace all 4 tires every time. If I get a thrashed tire that can't be repaired, I have to replace all 4 tires due to all wheel drive (messes up the synchro's to have different tread heights)

kylemittskus

mommadeb1 wrote:eww what a way to start the day...as far as Em... dare I say it... might not "need" naps, or as many? mine went thru that... one day naps... then at the blink of an eye.. no naps needed... what I did do was give them "quiet" time.. or reading time... I would put a huge stack of books on their bed and tell them they couldn't get off the bed. but could look at all the books... they usually fell asleep after a few books.... lavender oil also helps!!!

She still needs naps. She's only 13 months old. She has put herself on a one nap per day schedule now, but she generally takes it before 10. Today, noon. She's way happier now. My phone is still in rice, however.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

As for tires, it helps to have a son working at the tire store. Get them for less than cost, no add ons, and when I go in to switch summer to winter, I am always "next in line". Is it selfish to hope he just keeps working there as long as I drive?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
kylemittskus wrote:She still needs naps. She's only 13 months old. She has put herself on a one nap per day schedule now, but she generally takes it before 10. Today, noon. She's way happier now. My phone is still in rice, however.

Around my son's second birthday he began "fighting" naps. I don't mean he became combative, he just did everything to resist falling asleep. He would be so tired and if he started to nod off, he would start shaking his head to stay awake. It got to where I would feed him dinner by 4:00 because if I waited until even 5:00 or 5:30 he would fall asleep in his highchair, sometimes with a bite of food in his mouth!

Now that he is a teenager he has no inclination to fight sleep in 3rd period Algebra (so I hear). Still fights going to sleep at night...

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
cortot20 wrote:LOL

Mason pulled my unprotected ipad down from the kitchen counter onto the tile floor, my momentary freakout only netted a dented corner. We have to keep all bedroom doors closed aside from his room, the family room and the kitchen otherwise he can get into all kinds of stuff.

I put him down in his room after changing him on sat. night, he ran ahead of me out of the room. I found him five seconds later trotting across the living room with my wife's 1/2 full glass of white wine in his hand. He magically only spilled a small amount on the wood floor but lots of things could have gone wrong there.

You do know that they make a a protective case to put on your ipad, right?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:She still needs naps. She's only 13 months old. She has put herself on a one nap per day schedule now, but she generally takes it before 10. Today, noon. She's way happier now. My phone is still in rice, however.

good to hear she finally took a nap...if I am remembering correctly...around 13 months is when mine started the no nap thing.. or maybe it was if they didn't get it early, I had to make sure they were awake the rest of the day as they would try to fall asleep around 4 and then would be up all night...who am I kidding? they were always up thru the night!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Around my son's second birthday he began "fighting" naps. I don't mean he became combative, he just did everything to resist falling asleep. He would be so tired and if he started to nod off, he would start shaking his head to stay awake. It got to where I would feed him dinner by 4:00 because if I waited until even 5:00 or 5:30 he would fall asleep in his highchair, sometimes with a bite of food in his mouth!

Now that he is a teenager he has no inclination to fight sleep in 3rd period Algebra (so I hear). Still fights going to sleep at night...

Speaking of which . . . during my 3rd period class this morning, one of my 7th grade boys complained of being sooooo tired. I said, "Don't know about that. I'm really tired today." He told me that he had an hour and a half of sleep. I asked why? He said that he had been watching ESPN until 5:30 AM! I commented on how kids of their age need to get good sleep. Asked where the TV is. It's in his room, of course! I then commented that my children would not have a TV in their bedrooms. Next, one of the girls said that she texts all night. Me: If you were my daughter, your phone would be on the charger in the kitchen. I was thinking "If you even had a phone at that age!" Not sure about that one.

I go to bed somewhere between midnight and 1 AM usually and the alarm goes off at 6 AM. Agreed. I need more sleep. However, one of my other girls commented on how bubbly and awake I am! I said, "Yeah, it's all a façade!"

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

Happy 7 year Anniversary to Brandini Toffee!!

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

Masons on 2 naps still. 10am and 3pm. 2 hours each and if they go short or he misses one hes a disaster. But he is in general a good sleeper.

CT

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Speaking of which . . . during my 3rd period class this morning, one of my 7th grade boys complained of being sooooo tired. I said, "Don't know about that. I'm really tired today." He told me that he had an hour and a half of sleep. I asked why? He said that he had been watching ESPN until 5:30 AM! I commented on how kids of their age need to get good sleep. Asked where the TV is. It's in his room, of course! I then commented that my children would not have a TV in their bedrooms. Next, one of the girls said that she texts all night. Me: If you were my daughter, your phone would be on the charger in the kitchen. I was thinking "If you even had a phone at that age!" Not sure about that one.

I go to bed somewhere between midnight and 1 AM usually and the alarm goes off at 6 AM. Agreed. I need more sleep. However, one of my other girls commented on how bubbly and awake I am! I said, "Yeah, it's all a façade!"

my kids don't have tv's in their room.. and they are not allowed to stay up all night, on school nights..If they are caught with their phones out after they are in bed... they are taken away...

MarkDaSpark

Bummer! That was a quality post ... It was about opening a wine bottle! Granted, it was a NSFW way of opening the bottle, but still!

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bummer! That was a quality post ... It was about opening a wine bottle! Granted, it was a NSFW way of opening the bottle, but still!

I saw it

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Bummer! That was a quality post ... It was about opening a wine bottle! Granted, it was a NSFW way of opening the bottle, but still!

When someone tattles.....

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

You said a NSFW way of opening the bottle, and I was curious. I was expecting something very interesting. Meh.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:When someone tattles.....

Ban them! Ban them NOW!!!

Sheesh! Some people are way too sensitive. I thought at least they wouldn't be here in the Pub.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:You said a NSFW way of opening the bottle, and I was curious. I was expecting something very interesting. Meh.

I meant the video wasn't safe for work.

But when I first saw the posted link, I too, thought it would be "interesting". As in I thought she was going to use a non-standard way of opening the bottle using female appendages that aren't hands or feet.

And then she broke out the opener.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:I meant the video wasn't safe for work.

But when I first saw the posted link, I too, thought it would be "interesting". As in I thought she was going to use a non-standard way of opening the bottle using female appendages that aren't hands or feet.

And then she broke out the opener.

While google doesn't find this, it's duckduckgo's first hit when searching for
"Eevie Suicide opens a bottle of wine"

jus'sayin'

CT

mommadeb1

long day at work...some people.....never grew up... I didn't play these silly games in high school ....and I sure am not going to start now.....

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Where did everyone go????

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:Where did everyone go????

FORUM MODERATOR

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
otolith wrote:Where did everyone go????

Furlough.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

Off to Vegas this weekend. My first time away from Em for more than 8 hours in 6 months. I'm very excited for Vegas. I'm very anxious to be away. :/

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Off to Vegas this weekend. My first time away from Em for more than 8 hours in 6 months. I'm very excited for Vegas. I'm very anxious to be away. :/

I wanna go back to Vegas...like yesterday.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013