WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Scott Harvey One Last Kiss Red Blend (5)

Speed to First Woot:
1m 19.337s
First Sucker:
mill
Last Wooter to Woot:
michaelchristianlind
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 37% of Wine Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 43% of Wine Woots
Top 29% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 4% first woot
  • 1% second woot
  • 8% < 10 woots
  • 17% < 25 woots
  • 70% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 9% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 89% bought 1
  • 7% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

7%
3%
4%
2%
0%
3%
3%
4%
3%
8%
11%
3%
4%
5%
8%
3%
5%
4%
3%
6%
6%
3%
2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Scott Harvey Wines One Last Kiss Red Blend 5-Pack
$62.99 $̶1̶0̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 42% off List Price
2011 One Last Kiss, Red Wine Blend
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

paryb

quality posts: 17 Private Messages paryb

Is the description just creative writing or did Scott Harvey really diss his own wine?

189 Bottles of wine from Woot so far!
$3319.36or a mere $17.56 per bottle.

wine.woot Keeping Paryb in the red(and sometimes white) since 5/9/2007

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu

Interesting blend. According to Wine Searcher, it's comprised of Syrah, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, and (they say) Port.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-112892-2011-scott-harvey-one-last-kiss-red-california-usa

It's $18 per bottle everywhere, so this is some decent savings, even after the shipping and tax.

{After reading the description of the specs, I see that the port components are indeed true. I'm really looking forward to this.}

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

We tried some "One Last Kiss" red blend at the Scott & Jana Harvey winemaker's dinner in Wooster, OH this past April. It's very similar to his InZinerator except that it has about 2x as much Port, making it a bit sweeter than the InZin.

A solid wine at a great price, yet more money saved here due to recent shipping restrictions. Fortunately I have a couple '09s in the cellar and a bottle of its alter-ego wine "Ultimo Beso" on the way via Scott's wine club.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
paryb wrote:Is the description just creative writing or did Scott Harvey really diss his own wine?

Reread, that's why the port is in there. Now its what he wanted. Scott really seems to enjoy making a wine for the back patio on a nice brisk night and cigar. Which, is why we love Scott. I love port, but it's one glass and I'm done. Wine like this, I could drink all night.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:We tried some "One Last Kiss" red blend at the Scott & Jana Harvey winemaker's dinner in Wooster, OH this past April. It's very similar to his InZinerator except that it has about 2x as much Port, making it a bit sweeter than the InZin.

A solid wine at a great price, yet more money saved here due to recent shipping restrictions. Fortunately I have a couple '09s in the cellar and a bottle of its alter-ego wine "Ultimo Beso" on the way via Scott's wine club.

Agreed. This is very similar to the inzinerator, but slightly sweet due to the extra port. I recall liking this slightly more the latest inzinerator, and IIRC, this is more like what the 06 and early inzerinerators were blend wise. I am glad that I too have a bottle of this (which I paid $16 for) so I am not as tempted to track down other methods of obtaining it due to the lack of Ohio shipping.

As a side note, for those who can buy it, take the opportunity while you can. I'm pretty sure there was not enough of this wine for a woot offering, so I am guessing it is only being offered because of the shortened state list.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

nniesen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nniesen

First time I've ever been denied shipping to Minnesota and on a Scott Harvey none the less. What a buzz kill, was looking forward to trying this.

kara52783

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kara52783
nniesen wrote:First time I've ever been denied shipping to Minnesota and on a Scott Harvey none the less. What a buzz kill, was looking forward to trying this.

I was denied in Michigan too for the first time with Scott's wines. They are my favorite, can this be right? I don't see the list if approved states in the listing...

CONNIE1150

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CONNIE1150

There has been many denials of shipping to Missouri that I have bought before. WineWoot is losing big bucks from whatever scam is going on. They need to fix this ASAP before they start losing Wooters!

CONNIE SEABAUGH

chipgreen

CONNIE1150 wrote:There has been many denials of shipping to Missouri that I have bought before. WineWoot is losing big bucks from whatever scam is going on. They need to fix this ASAP before they start losing Wooters!

It's not a scam but yes they are losing wooters due to the recent shipping woes. It appears to have started with a reinterpretation of NY state law, which led to a NY shipping ban that was followed a week or two later with an additional 18-20 states being taken off the ship-to list.

We haven't received a lot of information but there are some reasonable assumptions being made based on limited news and speculation.

HERE is a discussion thread about the shipping issues. Note that it starts off with all the NY stuff before branching out into a discussion covering other states.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

this is super YUMMY! I bought some when I was there for the wootception...trying to decided if I should get some more....it IS Scott Harvey and it IS yummy! yes, it is a bit sweeter... but I still liked it...

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Is this wine noticibly sweet?

Is it broke or just fractured?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
rlmanzo wrote:Is this wine noticibly sweet?

Yes. It's not cloying, but it will not come off as dry.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

rlmanzo wrote:Is this wine noticibly sweet?

The sweetness is definitely noticeable but I would still call it "off-dry".

lamcjunk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lamcjunk

I'm a little scared, but I'm going to give it a try! Sounds interesting.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Hi Everyone,
I am sitting at a truck stop on highway 80 with 5 tons of Barbera on my truck. Traffic is bad and I won't get home for a while. So I'm on my kindle trying to figure out how this thing works. The Kiss starts out as the same blend as the InZinerator. To make it with 2% RS instead of .8% like in the InZinerator, some of the Zinfandel is replaced with our Forte. The wine taste like an off dry wine with a not high but noticeable sweetness. It is still lower than a Rombauer or Lodi New World style Zinfandel.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

This wine style is superb! All I can tell you is that the addition of the port gives this wine a delicious depth, in my humble opinion. I bought this before on Woot and would buy again.

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu
lamcjunk wrote:I'm a little scared, but I'm going to give it a try! Sounds interesting.

+1

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
North316 wrote:I'm pretty sure there was not enough of this wine for a woot offering, so I am guessing it is only being offered because of the shortened state list.

I suppose that could account for the lack of a matching offer (for us unfortunate ones living in embargoed states) from the winemaker. That, and the fact that he's stuck out on the road with a truckload of Barbera grapes.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
ddeuddeg wrote:I suppose that could account for the lack of a matching offer (for us unfortunate ones living in embargoed states) from the winemaker. That, and the fact that he's stuck out on the road with a truckload of Barbera grapes.

I'm finally back. Just before it started to rain. The total number of cases allotted for this offering is 100 cases. After that and as soon as harvest is over, I'll need to get to work on the next blend.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
lamcjunk wrote:I'm a little scared, but I'm going to give it a try! Sounds interesting.

Don't be scared....Scott makes GREAT wine!!

frogmommy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frogmommy

Love One Last Kiss. Would have been in for three if I lived in one of the few lucky states. I have to say, that it is getting to the point where I don't even bother looking at winewoot most days anymore

rocksolidcompanies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocksolidcompanies

I agree I'm in Mpls area and cant get woots here anymore, I ship them to my Florida home and then bring it back with me when I can!