Pedroncelli Sonoma County Friends White Wine Blend 6-Pack
$54.99 $91.00 40% off List Price
2012 Friends White Wine Blend, Sonoma County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

TheEndless

quality posts: 14 Private Messages TheEndless

Based on the blend, I'm guessing it's pretty low, but anyone know the RS on this?

TheEndless

Woody1

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Woody1

Let's not overstate the savings woot. Club Ped members which is a free membership, get 25% discount on case orders (which would make 12 bottles, $8.13 a bottle - or 10% off 6 bottles which is $9.75 each.) Yes shipping is higher but a corporate shipping account puts true shipping costs at about $9-$12 for this weight and let's face facts, woot has a contract for much lower rates for shipping.

Anyway, seems like a decent wine and 6 bottles is a fair amount to get to like this blend. You can see their "Technical Sheet"

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Opened a bottle of this Pedroncelli Friends.White ;) the other night. It is a lovely wine. I will post a more detailed review in a few hours. I would like to have some on hand but will probably have to phone a friend. New York, ya know.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

As I said earlier, we popped open a bottle of this very nice, fun wine the other day. We really enjoyed this wine. It is a Pedroncelli—definitely a quality wine at a great QPR. We heard that it is best served well-chilled and so, that is what we did. We poured straight from the fridge and then, later, put the cooler sleeve on it to keep it very cold.

On the nose I found a very pleasant citrus, a bit of bit of grapefruit (probably from the Sauv Blanc) and a hint of something sweeter—maybe some sort of melon. In the mouth, I found the same flavors as in the bouquet. The wine is a well-balanced blend of Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. It went very well with our halibut with citrus sauce. This is a wine to enjoy on the porch or patio with friends or with a nice seafood dinner. ☺

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

For those who like reviews:

Online review from Wine Enthusiast:
82 points, Price $12
Soft, rich and simple, with flavors of lemondrop candy and vanilla. — S.H. (7/1/2013)

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

I had the opportunity to taste a bottle of the 2012 Pedroncelli Friends White

It was well (maybe over) chilled to refrigerator temperature.

I poured three glasses so all assembled could chime in.

Color: Very pale yellow

Nose: Fruity, peachy

Entry: Two of us sensed an effervescence though there were no noticeable bubbles

Slight sweetness on the mid-palate, but otherwise very balanced with a little tartness too. Green Apple - that crisp, slightly tart.

Finish: Initially a little disjointed - it reminded me of Albarino.

While I was letting it warm up a bit, I finally went to the label to see the details. It is a mix of Chard, SB, and Gewurtz, which explained everything but the finish. It is also 13.9% alc. Not enough alc. to account for the sweetness. It is just slightly sweet, so there must be a bit of RS - likely in the Gewurtz.

There was no Chard butter that we noticed, so I guess stainless steel.

As it warms up, there is a bit more fruit and some floral coming through. The finish is more integrated. Now it is more on the flavor profile of the first Triacipedis - but maybe a tad less sweet.

This is an easily accessible white blend that is refreshing, yet with enough complexity to keep it interesting.

Personal Note: I always look forward to all things Pedroncelli. The family has treated the wooters stupendously over many years - it was our very first stop on our very first RPM tour, and we could not have kicked off the first tour anything better than an early morning walk through the vineyard with Jim as our guide. Each time we have visited, we are truly treated as Friends.

mnimmer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mnimmer

Why won't you ship to Wisconsin now? I ordered from WOOT and received wine a month ago.

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
TheEndless wrote:Based on the blend, I'm guessing it's pretty low, but anyone know the RS on this?

Very low. 0.5%. This wine is best just ABOVE refrigerator temp. I actually BOUGHT a case to drink at home! (can you imagine that? I paid for it!)

PedroncelliFamily

Woody1 wrote:Let's not overstate the savings woot. Club Ped members which is a free membership, get 25% discount on case orders (which would make 12 bottles, $8.13 a bottle - or 10% off 6 bottles which is $9.75 each.) Yes shipping is higher but a corporate shipping account puts true shipping costs at about $9-$12 for this weight and let's face facts, woot has a contract for much lower rates for shipping.

Anyway, seems like a decent wine and 6 bottles is a fair amount to get to like this blend. You can see their "Technical Sheet"

shhhh. Club members might be looking. I love offering stuff here...doesn't always make a lot of sense financially, but I'm the son-in-law. Gotta keep the boss on his toes!

PedroncelliFamily

bahwm wrote:Opened a bottle of this Pedroncelli Friends.White ;) the other night. It is a lovely wine. I will post a more detailed review in a few hours. I would like to have some on hand but will probably have to phone a friend. New York, ya know.

If the neo-prohibitionists in your state legislature are preventing you from ordering through wine.woot, send me an e-mail. I'll hook you up!!
ed@pedroncelli.com

PedroncelliFamily

bahwm wrote:As I said earlier, we popped open a bottle of this very nice, fun wine the other day. We really enjoyed this wine. It is a Pedroncelli—definitely a quality wine at a great QPR. We heard that it is best served well-chilled and so, that is what we did. We poured straight from the fridge and then, later, put the cooler sleeve on it to keep it very cold.

On the nose I found a very pleasant citrus, a bit of bit of grapefruit (probably from the Sauv Blanc) and a hint of something sweeter—maybe some sort of melon. In the mouth, I found the same flavors as in the bouquet. The wine is a well-balanced blend of Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. It went very well with our halibut with citrus sauce. This is a wine to enjoy on the porch or patio with friends or with a nice seafood dinner. ☺

Yep. Had this with fish tacos with a chili-lime crema the other night. Yeah, baby!!
I was presenting this wine in the Carolinas and quickly learned that they don't have "Patios" in the Carolinas. They have verandas and porches. So I learned this is a "veranda wine at porch wine prices!"

PedroncelliFamily

mnimmer wrote:Why won't you ship to Wisconsin now? I ordered from WOOT and received wine a month ago.

send me an email. I'll hook you up ed@pedroncelli.com

PedroncelliFamily

Hey Wooters!
Just a quick note to give you the skinny.
This is a whole new product line at Ped. We introduced the Friends.Red about 5 years ago. It met with phenomenal success so we decided to add a white companion.

The Gevurztraminer and Chardonnay are from a grower who has been a source to us for more than 40 years. (we think we might keep 'em!) The Sauv. Blanc is from a personal friend of mine's family. All from the very southern end of the Dry Creek Valley.
We harvested the Gewurz a little before full ripeness to keep it in check. We fermented all three separately and blended after fermentation. The wine is all-but-dry at 05% RS. Great acidity, and incredibly well balanced. I absolutely love this wine. And for those of you who like our Sauv. Blanc and Rose, this wine is in exactly the same style. (I won't be making an SB or Rose offering this year. We ran out!!)
It's a fun project and I'm really excited to share it with all of you. (my job is riding on this product... A little help here?)
For those of you who can no longer order through Wine.Woot because of some myopic legislator in your state, shoot me an email at ed@pedorncelli.com. I'll hook you up. We really appreciate all of your support and want to stay faithful to you. After all, Pedroncelli IS Italian for "Loyalty" you know.
Ed

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs

Is this stainless or oak barrel??? I've been reading comments but still can't get a feel for how sweet/dry this wine is ... really want to push that gold button. I am only a couple of orders away from that special BLACK BOX. Any help would be appreciated!!

PedroncelliFamily

intodogs wrote:Is this stainless or oak barrel??? I've been reading comments but still can't get a feel for how sweet/dry this wine is ... really want to push that gold button. I am only a couple of orders away from that special BLACK BOX. Any help would be appreciated!!

All stainless. We don't even run the hoses past an oak barrel. Crisp, clean, fresh, delightful!

And the sweetness is barely perceptible. 0.5% RS is considered "threshold" by the industry. The RS is left specifically to round the wine out a little. Great balance.

swmbo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swmbo
PedroncelliFamily wrote:send me an email. I'll hook you up ed@pedroncelli.com

Not Kansas, either?

intodogs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages intodogs
PedroncelliFamily wrote:All stainless. We don't even run the hoses past an oak barrel. Crisp, clean, fresh, delightful!

And the sweetness is barely perceptible. 0.5% RS is considered "threshold" by the industry. The RS is left specifically to round the wine out a little. Great balance.

Thanks for prompt reply. Just purchased. Looking forward to trying this with my group of crazy lady friends. We have a road trip coming up and this will be a perfect addition!!!

PedroncelliFamily

swmbo wrote:Not Kansas, either?

Yes, we can ship to Kansas. send me an email. Ed@pedroncelli.com

PedroncelliFamily

intodogs wrote:Thanks for prompt reply. Just purchased. Looking forward to trying this with my group of crazy lady friends. We have a road trip coming up and this will be a perfect addition!!!

I hope you bought two. And sent a gift. 6 bottles is just going to leave your lady friends wanting! (I wanted to name this wine "girl.friends" but got voted down.)

mst3kguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mst3kguy

wow, that's some nice customer service to make up for the crappy shipping issues more and more of us are experiencing. wish more wineries were this willing to help. kudos, Ed!

MiCat05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiCat05

Love me some Pedroncelli reds. Haven't had the pleasure of trying any white. This is SO tempting...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Ed is the man as usual.

Pedroncelli, it's Italian for "QPR".

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

As SWMBO already posted, we had a bottle of this with dinner the other night. Knowing that the winemaker likes this close to fridge temperature, we waited just a few minutes before pouring a glass, and found plenty of aromatics: lovely fresh citrus (grapefruit especially), honeydew melon, some nice floral notes. No alcohol sensation at all. On the palate, just a hint of astringency, more citrus, nicely balanced with what seems like a hint of sweetness, but I think that's just the fruit. Very refreshing. I really enjoyed this wine tremendously, and think it's a good deal at the winery price. At this price, I'd call it a screaming deal.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Dang. My far better half would love this...but no ship to Kansas. Strange, I've wooted several other Pedroncelli wines to Kansas before. Oh, well...

PedroncelliFamily

ddeuddeg wrote:As SWMBO already posted, we had a bottle of this with dinner the other night. Knowing that the winemaker likes this close to fridge temperature, we waited just a few minutes before pouring a glass, and found plenty of aromatics: lovely fresh citrus (grapefruit especially), honeydew melon, some nice floral notes. No alcohol sensation at all. On the palate, just a hint of astringency, more citrus, nicely balanced with what seems like a hint of sweetness, but I think that's just the fruit. Very refreshing. I really enjoyed this wine tremendously, and think it's a good deal at the winery price. At this price, I'd call it a screaming deal.

Screaming-running-with-your-hair-on-fire deal! WineDavid and I are both explaining this to management at this point. (but I'm having a good time. You, WineDavid?)

csg523

quality posts: 2 Private Messages csg523

NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Thanks, Ed! I just placed an order for a case and getting it shipped to Missouri, one of those newly off the chart states. Go ahead people, email him. Ed's cool!

PedroncelliFamily

tonycyndy wrote:Dang. My far better half would love this...but no ship to Kansas. Strange, I've wooted several other Pedroncelli wines to Kansas before. Oh, well...

Give us a call in the office. We'll hook you up! 800-836-3894
The limitation is on Wine.Woot as a third party marketer...not on a humble little producer like me!

PedroncelliFamily

csg523 wrote:NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Thanks, Ed! I just placed an order for a case and getting it shipped to Missouri, one of those newly off the chart states. Go ahead people, email him. Ed's cool!

awe, shucks. Pedroncelli is Italian for "cool" you know.

chahn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chahn

Any chance of delivering to Arizona?

yue2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yue2012

Not New York State either

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
chahn wrote:Any chance of delivering to Arizona?

yue2012 wrote:Not New York State either

Ya gotta read what the man wrote -- he said email him! So email him! (Or call the number he gave.)

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
InFrom wrote:Ya gotta read what the man wrote -- he said email him! So email him! (Or call the number he gave.)

This shipping thing seems to highlight those that don't really read the comments.

Great to see the Ed in Pedroncelli back up on Woot, and as always with your superb customer service..

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
rjquillin wrote:This shipping thing seems to highlight those that don't really read the comments.

True dat.

Great to see the Ed in Pedroncelli back up on Woot, and as always with your superb customer service..

And highly silly sense of humor! I love reading the comments during a Pedroncelli sale, even when I'm not buying. (Um, don't tell Ed I sometimes don't buy Pedroncelli offers...)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
InFrom wrote:And highly silly sense of humor! I love reading the comments during a Pedroncelli sale, even when I'm not buying. (Um, don't tell Ed I sometimes don't buy Pedroncelli offers...)

Pedroncelli, it's Italian for "Ed's a-gunna break-ya legs now!"

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jenner3275

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenner3275

Have you ever had their friends ;) Red blend? If so, I'm wondering how the white compares to it?

bahwm wrote:As I said earlier, we popped open a bottle of this very nice, fun wine the other day. We really enjoyed this wine. It is a Pedroncelli—definitely a quality wine at a great QPR. We heard that it is best served well-chilled and so, that is what we did. We poured straight from the fridge and then, later, put the cooler sleeve on it to keep it very cold.

bahwm

jenner3275 wrote:Have you ever had their friends ;) Red blend? If so, I'm wondering how the white compares to it?

Yes, I have had the Friends.Red and really like it. These are well-made wines but they are totally different--one is a red and one is a white. We tend to drink a lot of reds but enjoy a well-made white as well. So, give it a try. This wine is a great value for its price! I've already placed my order.

Edit: And, congrats on your first post! Welcome to the slippery slope!

PedroncelliFamily

jenner3275 wrote:Have you ever had their friends ;) Red blend? If so, I'm wondering how the white compares to it?

Very similar in an apples and oranges sort of way. Totally enjoyable wine. Push the button!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

PedroncelliFamily wrote:Screaming-running-with-your-hair-on-fire deal! WineDavid and I are both explaining this to management at this point. (but I'm having a good time. You, WineDavid?)

truncated good time (state list..)

now the lunch where we tasted your wines? very good times indeed.