MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away, Folks!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of September 22
Autumnal equinox is here, but it's never to late to...Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September
9/27: Minnesota #??: The Out-Of-Towners
9/28: SoCal #28: Sparky & zTimBz OC Wine Locker Redux
TBD: Atlanta #1

October
10/5: Seattle: Distillery Tour and Wine Tasting
Late Oct: October Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal

November
11/2: DFW: Dinner at Eden Please RSVP by Oct 26.

Pending
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Uh... haro?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

Bad enough everyone is exhausted from watching the Emmys, now the least coasters are reviving the CyberSpud!

We need to get NY back on the Wine List (and not the Whine List!)

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Stone Brewing Wheaton W00tstout!

Gotta get some of that...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Stone Brewing Wheaton W00tstout!

Is it still available? I thought it all sold out?

But you might be in luck.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

I could look around down here, or in Escondido if need be.

CT

kylemittskus

It sucked.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
kylemittskus wrote:It sucked.

Kyle = Grumpy Cat?

kylemittskus

chemvictim wrote:Kyle = Grumpy Cat?

Not at all. It was just a really crappy beer. In my opinion, of course. I bought it because I love Stone and this was new and I saw it.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:It sucked.

It actually wasn't that bad.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:It actually wasn't that bad.

Well, if that isn't the review everyone wants for their products...

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Well, if that isn't the review everyone wants for their products...

As if your review was?

And it was the product of Sheldon's nemesis!

Also, it didn't compare to the sublime Dayman Coffee IPA. Nom, nom, nom!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
kylemittskus wrote:Not at all. It was just a really crappy beer. In my opinion, of course. I bought it because I love Stone and this was new and I saw it.

most beer is crappy beer!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:most beer is crappy beer!

Bite your tongue!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

chemvictim wrote:Kyle = Grumpy Cat?

I was thinking "Debbie Downer," but that works, too.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
kylemittskus wrote:Uh... haro?

Masked Vintner: "I would have gotten away with using that mega-red if it wasn't for those meddling Wooters!"

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

It appears to be that time of month again.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

Oh carp ... a Woot-Off.

rjquillin

$#!T

CT

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:Not at all. It was just a really crappy beer. In my opinion, of course. I bought it because I love Stone and this was new and I saw it.

Huh...guy at work who told me about it called it pure awesomeness in a 1 pint, 6oz bottle. Obviously all I've got to go on is hearsay.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

This explains why so many people in Buffalo are so nice. They have a dept. to rein in the jerks!

Courtesy Headlines on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mommadeb1 wrote:all beer is crappy beer!

IFTFY

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:IFTFY

You need a Scotch Ale then.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

Weird how much not being able to do something (buy wine easily from here), makes you really want to buy it.

--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Does anyone know of anywhere to buy some curragated cardboard wine boxes (ie. case storage boxes) for a price that would be less than $12/box after shipping?
We need more case boxes to put more of our wine into the storage unit, and they charged $12/box. So trying to figure out if I can obtain some cheaper.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Does anyone know of anywhere to buy some curragated cardboard wine boxes (ie. case storage boxes) for a price that would be less than $12/box after shipping?
We need more case boxes to put more of our wine into the storage unit, and they charged $12/box. So trying to figure out if I can obtain some cheaper.

Go to a liquor store and just ask for their extras.

--John Muir

rjquillin

otolith wrote:Go to a liquor store and just ask for their extras.

I find good results too at larger grocery stores, or Bevmo if one is handy.

CT

otolith

rjquillin wrote:I find good results too at larger grocery stores, or Bevmo if one is handy.

I thought you drank your wine.

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Does anyone know of anywhere to buy some curragated cardboard wine boxes (ie. case storage boxes) for a price that would be less than $12/box after shipping?

I'm not sure about curragated boxes, but as otolith pointed out, you should be able to go to anywhere they sell liquor and snag some corrugated wine boxes.

I do it as well, but I will buy a couple of bottles sometimes and have them put them in the box instead of bagging them.

BevMo has them as well, but I find the flat case boxes (lay the bottles flat instead of up/down) more at local wine shops.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I find good results too at larger grocery stores, or Bevmo if one is handy.

BevMo yes, grocery stores not so much. Room is more limited, so they usually break those boxes down quickly.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I thought you drank your wine.

He does, but he buys faster than me too!

And so glad I updated CT with my last Wellington Victory purchase!! I can hold out!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:BevMo yes, grocery stores not so much. Room is more limited, so they usually break those boxes down quickly.

I've actually had very good luck at a local Vons. I find them in the checkuot area under the bagging area.

Also, at Henry's, or whatever they are now called, a chat with the stocking grocery/wine person can net 20~30 boxes in a week. You just have to ask them to not cut them open (may take a time or two, it did for me) and make sure you pick them up. One time they had so many I had to make two trips. I wasn't smart enough to just flatten them...

CT

mommadeb1

Day 2 of heavy all day downpours..not as bad a Colorado..but we r flooded here..in town roads are totally underwater...we are expecting another full night and day of this weather!! Soo miserable...throwing the kids at school off as well...we are expecting minimum of 4 inches..which does t sound lime much ...except when you realize the ground is totally saturated and how flat everything is here!!!

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:$#!T

Is right ... Balsamic is up!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Is right ... Balsamic is up!

I still have a bottle and a half left from my purchase almost 2 years ago. I guess I don't go through the stuff nearly as fast everyone else does...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:I will buy a couple of bottles sometimes

And he wonders why he has so much wine...

Also, No Bevmo here.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

I happened to check my phone... just in time for the balsamic.... too funny... I am almost out, so I had been rationing what I had!

rjquillin

$#!T again!
Why am I working today and why are they keeping me so damn frigging busy?

CT

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

For those who missed the balsamic vinegar, I suggest you try a bottle of this 18 year aged balsamic from Modena. It is thick, smooth, sweet, and at $20 for 375ml, is definitely QPR!