otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Sorry for the short notice, but I'll host a get together as a certain polar person is coming into town. Let's plan on starting at 7pm, and bring an hor d'oeuvre to pass around.

No theme necessary, just bring something you like!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

We might be able to make it. Soren goes to bed at 7, so bringing the kids isn't so much an option, but my mom is coming that weekend, we'll see if she can come out Friday instead of Saturday.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Maybe next time.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Thanks for pulling this together. Look forward to seeing folks again and meeting some new ones.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

I brought a Highway 12 Bordeaux Blend. They were an original woot winery. Made the first Monkey Prize. And a Wellington White Port. Great dessert wine never offerred on woot.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

otolith

I'm not sure what I'll bring.

Just found out I will be kidless and wifeless on Friday night.

Also, there are going to be attendees, and they haven't posted here, but have sent me messages on FB. To the other MN peeps who I have not met, please let us know.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

Now that I think of it, just bring something to eat/share. I have plenty of wine that we can tap into.

--John Muir

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

Thank you so much for hosting otolith! We had a great time, and enjoyed all the great wine and snacks everyone brought. Good to see all of you again.

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

polarbear22

Thanks for hosting, and opening up your cellar. Great time sitting around the fire and drinking wine. A great group of people.

My Cellar

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Man, I was a sad panda when I went to buy the Noceto today only to find that Minnesota is no longer on the Wine Woot ship list. Stupid laws or interpretation of the laws changing.
On a side note, is anyone going to do a holiday tasting? I could check with the wife about having a kid friendly one some mid-afternoon in early December. No reason wine would taste any different at 2PM compared with 8.