Inspiration Vineyards Russian River Estate Chardonnay 4-Pack
$49.99 $̶1̶2̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 59% off List Price
2008 Inspiration Vineyards Estate Chardonnay, Russian River Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

billsklar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billsklar

Looks like this might be buttery. Any tasting notes to validate that?

rboston1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rboston1

We had this wine just 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic!! This is a wine to help show people that white wines CAN LAST.

We actually had this unchilled and it was amazing. We think it would actually be even more fun a little chilled and then warming up to bring out the change of flavors.

We highly recommend this to anyone who would like to try a Chardonnay that is more of a French style, minerality and fruit.

This winemaker does it right. We've had other vintages as well and they all rocked - 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012 barrel.

Wife says BUY IT !!

rboston1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rboston1
billsklar wrote:Looks like this might be buttery. Any tasting notes to validate that?

You posted the question while I was typing our reaction to the wine...

NO, butter is not a major element.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

A bottle of Inspiration Vineyards 2008 RRV Chardonnay landed on my desk at the office, and I decided to try it out Sunday when my GF was making a spicy Asian shrimp dish.

Initially I did a PnP on it, and did not like it at all. Very muted nose, not much going on on the palate.

Fast forward about an hour, dinner is ready, and the wine is more closer to slightly chilled, just a bit below room temp (~70F).

Wow what a difference, completely different, and very, very good!

The color in the glass is a lovely golden yellow. A quick swirl shows lots of long, slow moving legs.

A sniffy sniff provides a beautiful nose of Meyer lemon, and Crème brûlée.

First sip shows a refreshing crispness, a bit of peach/stone fruits, a little butterscotch, perhaps a little bit of butter, but in a well balanced and well rounded way, definitely not a butter bomb.

The finish is a medium finish, creamy, with almost a peaches and cream thing going on.

Overall once the temp raised on this, I really enjoyed it. It drank well solo, and paired very nicely with the spicy Asian shrimp dish, having the acidity to fair well with crunchy Asian spicy sauce. I've enjoyed a number of Jon's wines, he crafts beautiful whites and reds (love, love, love his Zin!!). His Chardonnay's that I've tried (many) have always been delightful, well balanced, and well crafted. If you're a Chardonnay fan, I believe you will enjoy this one very much!

twstdvn

quality posts: 70 Private Messages twstdvn
bsevern wrote:A bottle of Inspiration Vineyards 2008 RRV Chardonnay landed on my desk at the office, and I decided to try it out Sunday when my GF was making a spicy Asian shrimp dish.

Initially I did a PnP on it, and did not like it at all. Very muted nose, not much going on on the palate.

Fast forward about an hour, dinner is ready, and the wine is more closer to slightly chilled, just a bit below room temp (~70F).

Wow what a difference, completely different, and very, very good!

The color in the glass is a lovely golden yellow. A quick swirl shows lots of long, slow moving legs.

A sniffy sniff provides a beautiful nose of Meyer lemon, and Crème brûlée.

First sip shows a refreshing crispness, a bit of peach/stone fruits, a little butterscotch, perhaps a little bit of butter, but in a well balanced and well rounded way, definitely not a butter bomb.

The finish is a medium finish, creamy, with almost a peaches and cream thing going on.

Overall once the temp raised on this, I really enjoyed it. It drank well solo, and paired very nicely with the spicy Asian shrimp dish, having the acidity to fair well with crunchy Asian spicy sauce. I've enjoyed a number of Jon's wines, he crafts beautiful whites and reds (love, love, love his Zin!!). His Chardonnay's that I've tried (many) have always been delightful, well balanced, and well crafted. If you're a Chardonnay fan, I believe you will enjoy this one very much!

Can I hire you to write my tasting notes? Thank you very much for your observations!

twstdvn

So it's 11:15pm and the new press is chugging away working on a wine for one of my clients. In this case, it's pressing some Muscat from Mendocino County.

I was able to press our 2013 Viognier earlier today and I'm thrilled by the flavors.

If you'd like to learn more about my 2008 Chardonnay, please don't hesitate to ask. This wine is not a buttery chardonnay, however if you like caramel apple and balanced acidity, you won't be disappointed.

I plan on staying up late tonight - oh the joys of being a winemaker - so feel free to engage me and I'll be on and off as the night turns to morning.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
twstdvn wrote:So it's 11:15pm and the new press is chugging away working on a wine for one of my clients. In this case, it's pressing some Muscat from Mendocino County.

I was able to press our 2013 Viognier earlier today and I'm thrilled by the flavors.

If you'd like to learn more about my 2008 Chardonnay, please don't hesitate to ask. This wine is not a buttery chardonnay, however if you like caramel apple and balanced acidity, you won't be disappointed.

I plan on staying up late tonight - oh the joys of being a winemaker - so feel free to engage me and I'll be on and off as the night turns to morning.

Hi Jon,

Was very pleased to enjoy a bottle of your 2008 Chardonnay!

How is the 2013 Harvest shaping up? I'm hearing rumors it may be another great year?

twstdvn

bsevern wrote:Hi Jon,

Was very pleased to enjoy a bottle of your 2008 Chardonnay!

How is the 2013 Harvest shaping up? I'm hearing rumors it may be another great year?

Thanks tons for your appreciation of our 08 Chard...

I think 2013 will be an outstanding year if it doesn't kill me. EVERYTHING is coming in all at once. Our Chardonnay is holding out - which is a good thing... however with the Pinot's coming in last week and the Cabs coming in this week, I'm about to drop!

On the upside - I may be completely pressed off by mid-October... CRAZY!

pienka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pienka

Yes, but do you plan to ship to Louisiana? I've bought Inspiration before. If we call the winery directly, can we get it shipped to Louisiana ??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pienka wrote:Yes, but do you plan to ship to Louisiana? I've bought Inspiration before. If we call the winery directly, can we get it shipped to Louisiana ??

Yeah, sorry about that. We're not able to sell wine to some states right now as laws and regulations are continuing to evolve. WD & crew are diligently working through the issues.”

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

SWMBO and myself happened to have a bottle of this on Sunday, and, even though I am told that I cannot buy wine, I was given permission to buy this. Sadly, I'm in a state where I can't.

My tasting notes are at home, so this is from memory, which is a little foggy as I'm under the weather.

Color: pale yellow

Nose: apple/citrus zest, nice

Palate: light to medium body, well integrated and structured. Nice acidity. The wine seems bright and fresh. Palate reveals more apple, citrus type flavors, maybe a little peach hidden in there as well. Then, right at the end, there's a little spiciness that shines through. A pleasant surprise, both she and I thought.

From a stylistic standpoint, I would put this in the class of a French style chablis, although I didn't pick up much minerality. This is not a big, buttery California chardonnay (which I must admit that I do like as well).

Overall, we liked this, and, we'd be in on this offer! And, now that I notice the price, this is fantastic QPR.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
otolith wrote:SWMBO and myself happened to have a bottle of this on Sunday, and, even though I am told that I cannot buy wine, I was given permission to buy this. Sadly, I'm in a state where I can't.

My tasting notes are at home, so this is from memory, which is a little foggy as I'm under the weather.

Palate: light to medium body, well integrated and structured. Nice acidity. The wine seems bright and fresh. Palate reveals more apple, citrus type flavors, maybe a little peach hidden in there as well. Then, right at the end, there's a little spiciness that shines through. A pleasant surprise, both she and I thought.

From a stylistic standpoint, I would put this in the class of a French style chablis, although I didn't pick up much minerality. This is not a big, buttery California chardonnay (which I must admit that I do like as well).

Overall, we liked this, and, we'd be in on this offer! And, now that I notice the price, this is fantastic QPR.

I know we are somewhat neighbors (WI/IL), so Woot it to me in Chicago, if you'd like. We could figure out the logistics of meeting up later.

twstdvn

pienka wrote:Yes, but do you plan to ship to Louisiana? I've bought Inspiration before. If we call the winery directly, can we get it shipped to Louisiana ??

Give me a shout from our website and I'll see what i can do...

twstdvn

otolith wrote:SWMBO and myself happened to have a bottle of this on Sunday, and, even though I am told that I cannot buy wine, I was given permission to buy this. Sadly, I'm in a state where I can't.

Thank you for your kind words and review. My goal is to produce a French style Chardonnay - I love them... some vintages also have more mineral than others.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Another offer that, IMO, is very solid. Again, I'd be in, but I'm not supposed to be buying.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

twstdvn

kylemittskus wrote:Another offer that, IMO, is very solid. Again, I'd be in, but I'm not supposed to be buying.

Thank you VERY much! I'm thrilled that folks out there appreciate unfiltered Chardonnay's

twstdvn

Pienka - just figured out that less states can now woot on my wines.

For you and anyone else out there who find themselves in a pickle and can't buy from woot - PLEASE drop me an email - jon@inspirationvineyards.com and I'll offer you the same deal direct from the winery. I want to help my WOOT friends and WOOT partners - so this is for those who can't buy from WOOT because of the shipping laws. I'll step in and figure it out myself.

Cheers...
Jon

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
jmdavidson wrote:I know we are somewhat neighbors (WI/IL), so Woot it to me in Chicago, if you'd like. We could figure out the logistics of meeting up later.

Actually, oto's in MN (Twin Cities area, IIRC)

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
twstdvn wrote:Pienka - just figured out that less states can now woot on my wines.

For you and anyone else out there who find themselves in a pickle and can't buy from woot - PLEASE drop me an email - jon@inspirationvineyards.com and I'll offer you the same deal direct from the winery. I want to help my WOOT friends and WOOT partners - so this is for those who can't buy from WOOT because of the shipping laws. I'll step in and figure it out myself.

Cheers...
Jon

If we weren't already overflowing in wine and frantically trying to offload MANY cases to a storage facility, this extremely generous offer would have been enough for me to jump in on this. Thank you so much for your willingness to help out we wooters who find ourselves in this predicament!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

I am a big fan of Inspiration Vineyards and always highly recommend Jon's wines. I bought a number of the 2009 Chards during Jon's tax break sale. Even so, I have been debating all day whether to buy this offer. I have a buyer coming over tonight to take a second look at my old car, if he buys it, I will definitely celebrate with a purchase.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

jmdavidson

ddeuddeg wrote:Actually, oto's in MN (Twin Cities area, IIRC)

For some reason I was thinking Milw.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

bsevern;
were there any of these in my P/U from the PS tasting?
I'm not where I can touch that case...

CT

twstdvn

funbunny wrote:I am a big fan of Inspiration Vineyards and always highly recommend Jon's wines. I bought a number of the 2009 Chards during Jon's tax break sale. Even so, I have been debating all day whether to buy this offer. I have a buyer coming over tonight to take a second look at my old car, if he buys it, I will definitely celebrate with a purchase.

Hey there FunBunny - I will have positive thoughts!

drgonzo99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drgonzo99

I love this Chardonnay! Have ordered it twice already- I want more, but now no Vermont!
Jon, I will definitely email you to see if you can ship me some more of this- thanks so much for offering.

Maybe I missed something posted previously; sorry to ask again if it has been addressed already- but what's going on, with so few states being allowed to ship to all of a sudden??

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
drgonzo99 wrote:I love this Chardonnay! Have ordered it twice already- I want more, but now no Vermont!
Jon, I will definitely email you to see if you can ship me some more of this- thanks so much for offering.

Maybe I missed something posted previously; sorry to ask again if it has been addressed already- but what's going on, with so few states being allowed to ship to all of a sudden??

Extensive discussion here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

funbunny

twstdvn wrote:Hey there FunBunny - I will have positive thoughts!

Thanks for the good luck Jon - Sold my car, in for a set!!

Though, it was a little sad watching it drive away.

jmdavidson

funbunny wrote:Thanks for the good luck Jon - Sold my car, in for a set!!

Though, it was a little sad watching it drive away.

Hope you still have a working set of wheels to get to the Chicago get togther Friday!!!

funbunny

jmdavidson wrote:Hope you still have a working set of wheels to get to the Chicago get togther Friday!!!

I have a new baby already. I would skate board there if needed.

twstdvn

funbunny wrote:I have a new baby already. I would skate board there if needed.

Well - now I'm needing a new destemmer - which is as much as a new car... Congrats!

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Jon- Thanks, as always, for dropping in, especially in the middle of harvest and with the de-stemmer going down.

Lots of Inspiration fans here... this chardonnay is an example of an aged chard that's worth trying, confirmed by the tasting notes posted by those who've tried it. Good stuff...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

pienka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pienka

YAY! Thanks Jon. I'll send an email. I love my Inspiration and something is going wacky with woot!

funbunny

twstdvn wrote:Well - now I'm needing a new destemmer - which is as much as a new car... Congrats!

Thanks Jon. You need to have another destemmer fund raiser like you did for the press.

otolith

jmdavidson wrote:I know we are somewhat neighbors (WI/IL), so Woot it to me in Chicago, if you'd like. We could figure out the logistics of meeting up later.

Thanks for the offer, but won't be down there anytime soon.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

twstdvn wrote:Pienka - just figured out that less states can now woot on my wines.

Cheers...
Jon

Thanks for the offer and thanks for the reply to my emails. Placed an order and will await confirmation.

Hope the rest of your harvest goes smoothly!

--John Muir

eluofthenine

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eluofthenine

Big props to Jon for stepping in to pick up the slack on the stupid shipping situation. If only we had such great participation and support on every offer through this moratorium. Just sent my email.

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Jon Rocks and so does his chardonnay, quite delicious!

WineDavid was my Boss!

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
eluofthenine wrote:Big props to Jon for stepping in to pick up the slack on the stupid shipping situation. If only we had such great participation and support on every offer through this moratorium. Just sent my email.

I have entirely too much wine, no storage for more and no budget either for that matter, but I am in a ship-to state.
Grabbed a woot purely in support of Jon and his offer to those less fortunate.

CT

twstdvn

eluofthenine wrote:Big props to Jon for stepping in to pick up the slack on the stupid shipping situation. If only we had such great participation and support on every offer through this moratorium. Just sent my email.

My pleasure - and BTW - the folks in the trenches who make Wine WOOT happen are totally on your side!