$49.99 $̶1̶3̶3̶.̶0̶0̶ 62% off List Price
2009 So Be It Pinot Noir
CT link above

Previous offer:
11/4/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

Nice, $10 less than what I paid on 5/10/13 when it was a WootPlus offer. I would provide notes, but I have not tried any of mine yet. I've been letting it rest for a while after the process of moving. Many have posted positive comments about this being great QPR.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

For the original woot price I really enjoyed this, for this price, this is a no brainer IMHO!

In for a set!

bsevern

Tasting notes posted previously:

Tasted over two nights.

Nose of dark fruit, candied bing cherry, earth, nice floral components.

On the palate the fruit is very tasty, not an old world pinot for sure, but not an over the top fruit bomb either. Lots of dark cherry, forest floor, bit of mushroom typically associated with Sonoma Coast fruit, nice acidity, and a nice spicy finish. The finish was medium plus, and there were nice layers to the wine which is something I really look for in a quality Pinot.

IMHO this is a wine if you paid $30 for at the store or winery you would not be disappointed. For $13 a bottle, if you like Pinot, this is a no brainer.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:Tasting notes posted previously:

Tasted over two nights.

On the palate the fruit is very tasty, not an old world pinot for sure, but not an over the top fruit bomb either. Lots of dark cherry, forest floor, bit of mushroom typically associated with Sonoma Coast fruit, nice acidity, and a nice spicy finish. The finish was medium plus, and there were nice layers to the wine which is something I really look for in a quality Pinot.

IMHO this is a wine if you paid $30 for at the store or winery you would not be disappointed. For $13 a bottle, if you like Pinot, this is a no brainer.

Ugh, you are really tempting me.

I've considered this one seriously each and every time it has been offered. I might be in this time.

*edit* In for one, and combined it with protein powder from Sports.Woot. Weird, I know.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160
bsevern wrote:Tasting notes posted previously:

Tasted over two nights.

It is just after 1am here in MN and I dug out a bottle of this and opened it up. Without reviewing previous tasting notes, I was going to post my own notes of dark cherry and earthy/mushroom tones. I'm far from experienced when it comes to pinpointing flavors, but after seeing bsevern's notes I'm in agreement and feel that's a completely accurate description. Here's an adequate cell phone photo:

I'm a fan of zins and I'm quite new to PN, but I found this to be a very enjoyable wine and I'd recommend it. I'm definitely in for 6 more. Now I'm wondering how much longer these will age before passing their prime...

EDIT: Despite having ordered this previously, now it isn't available to ship to MN?! This is truly disappointing :-(

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Probably the best Pinot Noir at this price point since D'Ontspille Le Black. If I were in a buying phase I'd probably go in for a set.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ego48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ego48

Loved this when purchased in December. Was in for 3 before I discovered that it no longer ships to GA.....

Seems strange but I guess they chose not to re-up their licenses for individual states.

oh well, for those of you lucky enough to have access, LOAD UP. You won't be disappointed.

jcassens5

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jcassens5

STILL NO SHIPPING TO MICHIGAN... DAMNIT!

Doesn't Detroit have enough problems? Now we can't even order good wine!

hpatelmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpatelmd

+1

ego48 wrote:Loved this when purchased in December. Was in for 3 before I discovered that it no longer ships to GA.....

Seems strange but I guess they chose not to re-up their licenses for individual states.

oh well, for those of you lucky enough to have access, LOAD UP. You won't be disappointed.

katincali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katincali
coolchris160 wrote:It is just after 1am here in MN and I dug out a bottle of this and opened it up. Without reviewing previous tasting notes, I was going to post my own notes of dark cherry and earthy/mushroom tones. I'm far from experienced when it comes to pinpointing flavors, but after seeing bsevern's notes I'm in agreement and feel that's a completely accurate description. Here's an adequate cell phone photo:

I'm a fan of zins and I'm quite new to PN, but I found this to be a very enjoyable wine and I'd recommend it. I'm definitely in for 6 more. Now I'm wondering how much longer these will age before passing their prime...

EDIT: Despite having ordered this previously, now it isn't available to ship to MN?! This is truly disappointing :-(

I am in MN too, totally bummed!

tarkshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarkshark

Can't ship to NY either?

Sad

cessna007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cessna007

No NY gain. Is this a W O O T A Z O N thing or just the wineries they are picking. CA wines were almost always good to NY

Savagesam37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Savagesam37

Okay, something is officially amiss in Wootville. Since The 10th, the same 16 states and District of Columbia have been the only places the offerings could be shipped. That's 6 straight days plus the Woot Plus. That's too much of a coincidence considering that they have all been different Vineyards. Anyone in the backroom have an explanation for what's going on

signed

Dry Days in Kansas

rsnyc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rsnyc
tarkshark wrote:Can't ship to NY either?

Sad

I am in NY too and cannot get any wine? Is this a permanent thing going forward? should I stop browsing wine woot?

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

No joy to Georgia again. And still no explanation. I'll check a few more times, then I'm going to have to write off wine.woot. No point in looking at things I can't have.

jackhinrichs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackhinrichs

I am another disappointed GA resident. I would be in for 2...

Savagesam37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Savagesam37
Savagesam37 wrote:Okay, something is officially amiss in Wootville. Since The 10th, the same 16 states and District of Columbia have been the only places the offerings could be shipped. That's 6 straight days plus the Woot Plus. That's too much of a coincidence considering that they have all been different Vineyards. Anyone in the backroom have an explanation for what's going on

signed

Dry Days in Kansas

Seriously! Thunderthighs...I know your out there. Shake those calves and get us an answer. Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

83fxwg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 83fxwg

No NY....what the $#!*?

I'm drowning and monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils...

joliver02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joliver02

Ohio is off the list again...

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie

While I sympathize with all of you living in states this wine will not ship to there has to be some compensation for living in this forsaken state of Illinois with our ridiculous taxes, underfunded pensions and horrible winters. I guess this is it. In for 2

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

State Shipping Discussion

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

In for a set. I have been on the fence the last few offerings, but at <$10 after shipping and tax this is a screaming deal.

And for those having issues with the ship to states, see the linked discussion posted above me. I can sympathize, but I can guarantee that wine.woot wants to ship to you. That's how they make money. They are just hand tied at the moment. And other sites that are shipping to you are probably doing so at risk.

Utbengoan82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Utbengoan82
jackhinrichs wrote:I am another disappointed GA resident. I would be in for 2...

Ditto!! I was looking to max out on this!!
Can we get someone from Woot to confirm why GA was pulled off the list? I just ordered some a couple of weeks ago!!

dmallette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmallette
joliver02 wrote:Ohio is off the list again...

This really bums me out. I have bought many cases from wine.woot over the last several years. Anyone know if we'll be able to ship to Ohio again soon or at all?

lhbhatten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhbhatten

I'm another disappointed GA wine wooter... :-/

jjfahey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jjfahey

So the state list is down to 17, and now doesn't include Georgia, which is where my previous purchase of this juice (5/5/13, 59.99 plus shipping) now resides. What gives? Is this still the "individual winery" deal, or are more states closing the door on us?

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Hmmm....

Since Most states are lacking in shipping and Illinois is lacking in gathering participation, we will just have to set up a big wootleg convention here so we can finally have a big Chicago area gathering.

BTW, bought one so I would be happy to share if you show up sometime.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

For the first time since they stopped shipping to NY (thanks, buzzkill state legislators for muddying the waters enough to make this impossible right now), I really want to buy! Oh, well, guess it saves me a few bucks, but I'm still sad!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

So, this is the part of year that always confuses me. Will wine possibly still be shipped refrigerated even though summer shipping prices aren't in effect?

I didn't realize that until after I placed my order.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

fstopdigital

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fstopdigital

No shipping to NY makes Homer something something

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank
klezman wrote:Probably the best Pinot Noir at this price point since D'Ontspille Le Black. If I were in a buying phase I'd probably go in for a set.

Doing this completely from memory without written notes. I enjoyed D'Ontspille Le Black more than the So Be It. That said, this is a good wine for BYO restaurants (May be a NJ thing) or to open among casual friends. Certainly not the best Pinot out there but meets or slightly exceeds the Price/Quality point. IMO Hope that helps those of you on the fence.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I would be in, except SWMBO and I are drinking far less so we're now buying fewer, more expensive bottles instead of daily drinkers. Nice offer, though (if you can get it).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

deaconbluez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deaconbluez

This shipped to Missouri last November when I last bought it, why not now?

"I prefer a thief to a Congressman. A thief will take your money and be on his way, but a Congressman will stand there and bore you with the reasons why he took it." -Dr. Williams

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink

Well, the button is bouncing at the halfway point so maybe the powers that be are putting out some lower volume offers while waiting for the lawyers and bureaucrats to work out their issues. Had this offer been available to all the usual states it might have sold out by breakfast.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
deaconbluez wrote:This shipped to Missouri last November when I last bought it, why not now?

See link above.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
North316 wrote: State Shipping Discussion

Not to put too fine a point on this, but the ruling in question took place on April 9, 2013. And it only effects New York, as it was a state authority that made the ruling (it seems now that New York and Connecticut are vying with California as to who can have the most oppressive state government, but that is for another day). So, why all of a sudden, in September, is there a huge cut in the number of states available for shipping?

EDIT: I see that Wine Library got a C&D from New York. I understand caution, but this was one regulatory in one power mad state.

bsevern

Donfrank wrote:Doing this completely from memory without written notes. I enjoyed D'Ontspille Le Black more than the So Be It. That said, this is a good wine for BYO restaurants (May be a NJ thing) or to open among casual friends. Certainly not the best Pinot out there but meets or slightly exceeds the Price/Quality point. IMO Hope that helps those of you on the fence.

Interestingly I actually enjoyed the So Be It much more so then I enjoyed D'Ontspille Le Black.

I think So Be It is a bit more new world oriented, and a more complex Pinot. I still have a bottle or two of D'Ontspille Le Black, it would be an interesting combo to compare side by side.

bsevern

UBlink wrote:Well, the button is bouncing at the halfway point so maybe the powers that be are putting out some lower volume offers while waiting for the lawyers and bureaucrats to work out their issues. Had this offer been available to all the usual states it might have sold out by breakfast.

For the unaffected shipping states, this might be a really bad situation... I mean blow out deals on wine (what originally got us hooked on wine.woot)...not sure how much more wine I can take on, but I went in on a case of this!