2 2010 Lot 357 Napa Meritage
2 2011 Lot 352 Cote Du Rhone, France
2 2010 Lot 339 California Field Blend
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rsa2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsa2995

Was excited to buy this. Then no shipping to GA. Maybe next time Woot.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

I love me some Cameron Hughes! Glad to see the reds back. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of GSM, I'm still in for one.

Edit: Arrrrgggg! No Kansas! This has never happened to me before, I swear..... Somebody call Cameron and lets get this sorted out.

nlevake

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nlevake

I really love the Riesling/Chenin Blanc. I buy several bottles whenever I can find it. So different!

melonbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melonbone

Wow! I really wanted to take advantage but there is no love for the land of cheese and beer.
Wisconsin is thirsty.

pienka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pienka

I don't get it but woot removed everyone from shipping. When will this be resolved? How much longer do we have to suffer?

cessna007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cessna007
eluofthenine wrote:I love me some Cameron Hughes! Glad to see the reds back. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of GSM, I'm still in for one.

Edit: Arrrrgggg! No Kansas! This has never happened to me before, I swear..... Somebody call Cameron and lets get this sorted out.

GSM?

No NY, that's a first for me!

toddlamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddlamp

edit: Doh! Woot's "new" cart is confusing me.

threekingsmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threekingsmo

No love for Missouri today?

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

eluofthenine wrote:I love me some Cameron Hughes! Glad to see the reds back. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of GSM, I'm still in for one.

Ship-To states are a little restricted at the moment due to some regulations in-flux. WCC posted the following message on Monday:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551031

Sorry for the inconvenience.

pskemp2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pskemp2

I have never gotten a bad bottle from CH wines. Already have three cases in the closet now for an upcoming wedding.

ajhipius

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajhipius

I do wish that the flavor text is a premonition of future Woot Cellars offerings. I could so go for the "Merlober October", "Very Sherry Christmas" or "Breakfast Gewurztraminer". :-P

(Yes I realize that is unlikely, just saying.)

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
blaculadave wrote:Ship-To states are a little restricted at the moment due to some regulations in-flux. WCC posted the following message on Monday:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5551031

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you all be a bit more detailed? I know this isn't easy, but can you tell us what has changed. I looked over at the shipcompliant blog: the last entry there is from August 9th, and they haven't mentioned any huge changes in the last few weeks or even months.

The only change in my state (Georgia) is that Amazon started collecting sales tax. Since wine.woot had been collecting state sales tax for some time that shouldn't change anything.

In short: please be specific as to what is going on here. It seems we aren't getting the whole story.

I don't think you can make much of a national business when you can only ship to 12 states. Or even six.

svwindom

quality posts: 10 Private Messages svwindom
cessna007 wrote:GSM?

I had to google. "But in the world of wine, the acronym “GSM” is a short-hand reference for a red wine blended from Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvedre. Usually, such wines are from the Rhône valley in the South of France, where blended wines are the norm. These GSM wines are known for their bright fruit, extroverted aromas of ripe fruit, dried sage and herbs, and a grippy, pepper-and-herb finish that echoes the wines’ aroma."

I wooted Cameron Hughes reds before and thought they were quite tasty for the (small amount of) money.

bborozan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bborozan

Add Arizona to the list.

Damn.

bborozan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bborozan
WilfBrim wrote:Can you all be a bit more detailed? I know this isn't easy, but can you tell us what has changed. I looked over at the shipcompliant blog: the last entry there is from August 9th, and they haven't mentioned any huge changes in the last few weeks or even months.

The only change in my state (Georgia) is that Amazon started collecting sales tax. Since wine.woot had been collecting state sales tax for some time that shouldn't change anything.

In short: please be specific as to what is going on here. It seems we aren't getting the whole story.

I don't think you can make much of a national business when you can only ship to 12 states. Or even six.

Checked and nothing has changed in Arizona.

I have noticed Cameron Hughes wines popping up in Costco, World Market, Whole Foods, and Safeway.

My hunch, this delivery restriction is a marketing strategy and has little to do with "stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators".

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

No other details have been provided yet about the shipping issues. WD is working his ass of to fix it, though. I know this because WD is losing money and this is his business.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tangohotel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangohotel
rsa2995 wrote:Was excited to buy this. Then no shipping to GA. Maybe next time Woot.

Hey rsa2995, I'm in SC and get to GA pretty frequently if you want to split a red? One of each?

"I like to drink wine more than I used to ...anyway I'm drinking more..." - Don Vito Corleone

"It's good for you, pop." - Michael Corleone

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
bborozan wrote:Checked and nothing has changed in Arizona.

I have noticed Cameron Hughes wines popping up in Costco, World Market, Whole Foods, and Safeway.

My hunch, this delivery restriction is a marketing strategy and has little to do with "stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators".

This has nothing to do with CH. The list has been short for the last week or so. That said, more information would help us understand the all the flux is about.

melaniestl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melaniestl

No Missouri shipping, rats.

glassglass

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glassglass

What if they gave a winewoot and no states were allowed to buy?

lurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lurkey

No Wisconsin? Sad faces! I've never gotten a bad bottle from CH and I always order some when it comes up!

Can we resolve the shipping issue today?! =)

genewhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genewhite

Is there a way to contact Woot about the order I just placed for this wine deal?
I haven't found a contact us link anywhere

What a fool believes he sees.
No wise man has the power to reason away. Doobie Brothers
Doobi

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
genewhite wrote:Is there a way to contact Woot about the order I just placed for this wine deal?
I haven't found a contact us link anywhere

Support

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

genewhite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genewhite

[quote postid="5555106" user="ddeuddeg"]Support[/quot
Never mind

What a fool believes he sees.
No wise man has the power to reason away. Doobie Brothers
Doobi

xibbumbero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xibbumbero
pskemp2 wrote:I have never gotten a bad bottle from CH wines. Already have three cases in the closet now for an upcoming wedding.

Interesting how tastes vary.
I've bought a few bottles from Costco and have never had anything I liked from CH.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
xibbumbero wrote:Interesting how tastes vary.
I've bought a few bottles from Costco and have never had anything I liked from CH.

Their whites or reds?

Since the last woot, I've been plowing through a lot of their reds and have enjoyed them all. Been avoiding the big napa cabs from them though.

edit - Do have to say that the inconsistencies in woot shipping are starting to get old. They are obviously not connected to winery shipping anymore. Cameron Hughes can ship to me, but woot cant. Wellington cant ship to me, but woot can. I was able to purchase this exact set <3 months ago, but not now.

I'd like to see a straight answer about what the difference is at this point. Is this related to the amazon buyout or something?

CT

strandman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strandman

For the first time ever, Ohio is on the no ship list...

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Sad that over 60% of the 28 comments are about the shipping issues...

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

I've bought many cases of CH wines over the past five years or so; currently have a case of the Lot 359 Riesling/Chenin Blanc & another case of its predecessor, Lot 259 - wonderfully quaffable.

I usually try to buy CH when its on sale or at Sams or Costco.

mattneumeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattneumeyer
bsevern wrote:Sad that over 60% of the 28 comments are about the shipping issues...

That wouldn't be the case if they would shoot us straight on the problem and how quickly (if ever) it will likely be resolved.

pluthe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pluthe

I'm glad I checked back here in hopes that Iowa was back on the list. This afternoon Iowa and a few other states were added back. I'm glad to get both white and red Cameron Hughs.

kylemittskus

mattneumeyer wrote:That wouldn't be the case if they would shoot us straight on the problem and how quickly (if ever) it will likely be resolved.

Arguments like this are kind of stupid. No company tells you about their internal issues. Mostly because, we don't care. And I'm guessing WD doesn't know if/when a solution will be found. And if he says a date and misses, the masses would be more pissed than they are now.

I think bsevern was alluding to the fact that the issue has been posted, explained, reposted, and a thread has been created with everything we know and are guessing. And 20 posts about it occur in every single thread.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
kylemittskus wrote:Arguments like this are kind of stupid. No company tells you about their internal issues. Mostly because, we don't care. And I'm guessing WD doesn't know if/when a solution will be found. And if he says a date and misses, the masses would be more pissed than they are now.

I think bsevern was alluding to the fact that the issue has been posted, explained, reposted, and a thread has been created with everything we know and are guessing. And 20 posts about it occur in every single thread.

If the shipping policy wasn't changing constantly not it wouldn't be a problem.

Good companies DO say if they're having a problem, and certainly should at least give a round idea of what's going on. What's the point of checking a wine site that ships wine if that isn't predictable anymore?

CT

mattneumeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattneumeyer
kylemittskus wrote:Arguments like this are kind of stupid. No company tells you about their internal issues. Mostly because, we don't care. And I'm guessing WD doesn't know if/when a solution will be found. And if he says a date and misses, the masses would be more pissed than they are now.

I disagree completely and am not going to argue with you about it. I buy 75% of my wine from Wine Woot, and I live in GA. If the owners of this business want to risk leaving us in the dark about the shipping issues, I'll likely check back for the next week and then move on. I'll form a "relationship" with a new source and be done with it. My post today was my way of letting them know how one of their customers feels about the lack of disclosure.

kylemittskus

rmm989 wrote:If the shipping policy wasn't changing constantly not it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm not going to argue with you or the poster who followed you because I'm really tired of hearing the same thing over and over. However, I want to address this quote above on defense of W.W. as it applies to the post following yours, as well.

Wine.woot has NO control over shipping laws. None. It's not W.W.'s fault that the laws are in flux so often. They deal with the hands that our law makers hand them. And these laws affect more than just woot.

Anyone can go somewhere else and form a new relationship if he/she so chooses. You still won't be able to get wine. Wine library received a cease and desist order and I imagine W.W. did too.

whocares1500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whocares1500
bborozan wrote:Checked and nothing has changed in Arizona.

It has to be the distributor not shipping to certain states. I just bought wine from wine.woot a week ago to be sent to MO and it went through without a hitch.

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl
kylemittskus wrote:I'm not going to argue with you or the poster who followed you because I'm really tired of hearing the same thing over and over. However, I want to address this quote above on defense of W.W. as it applies to the post following yours, as well.

Wine.woot has NO control over shipping laws. None. It's not W.W.'s fault that the laws are in flux so often. They deal with the hands that our law makers hand them. And these laws affect more than just woot.

Anyone can go somewhere else and form a new relationship if he/she so chooses. You still won't be able to get wine. Wine library received a cease and desist order and I imagine W.W. did too.

Sorry, I basically agree w/ Matt. I've been ordering from wine woot almost from the beginning (first order 2006) and the shipping had gotten unpredictable anyway. So I'm basically looking at this as a blessing. I'll miss the woot offerings, but it's not the end of the world, and yes, I can still get wine. Ordered from wtso last week and got in in three days, not three weeks (yes, I acknowledge the difference in coasts.)

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Wine.woot has NO control over shipping laws. None. It's not W.W.'s fault that the laws are in flux so often. They deal with the hands that our law makers hand them. And these laws affect more than just woot.

...but here, I believe it's not so much the actual laws, but rather how they are being interpreted by others, not WCC, that ultimately control the destinations to which WW/WCC can ship. If those third parties (mother ship?) are not fully communicating back to WD, likely imo, there is nothing but unfounded speculation WW/WD/WCC can pass on to us.

Yes, VERY frustrating, likelymore so for WD/WCC than for us, as their livelihood is DIRECTLY affected by diminished sales opportunities.

Can we dub this "The Troubles-II"? Humm, TT2. Wonder what TT would think of that.

CT