quality posts: 1563 Private Messages Cesare

Spelletich Family Winery Lodi Sangiovese 5-Pack
$69.99 $̶1̶2̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2007 Spellwine Sangiovese, Lodi
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

For the record: Ragù branded pasta sauce is gross.

Hopefully this Sangiovesse isn't the same. Does anyone have any notes and/or experience with this wine?

Thanks in advance.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Argh, SOOOO wish that this could get shipped to NY....

gojets3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gojets3
threemoons wrote:Argh, SOOOO wish that this could get shipped to NY....

at this rate, woot will be shipping wines to...
make that, woot won't be shipping wines anywhere.
sheesh...

dgriff80

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dgriff80

DAAAANGITTTTTT! I guess Missouri is blocked now... no more wine.woot for me It's too bad cuz I would have bought 2x of today's vino!!! sounded delicious!

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
dgriff80 wrote:DAAAANGITTTTTT! I guess Missouri is blocked now... no more wine.woot for me It's too bad cuz I would have bought 2x of today's vino!!! sounded delicious!

Hello Woot Nation!.

Just wanted to say what a treat to have Kristen's wine on the site. Great wine making family and the coolest WINEDIVA you will ever meet!

Cheers,
Drew

jagercola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jagercola

Tn is excluded as well, I'm cursed to never buy a Sangiovese off of Woot!

frogmommy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frogmommy

So Woot has selected wine that the producer can only ship to eleven states and DC? That is a huge bummer, Woot...

sanzam533

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanzam533

It is a shame that this fantastic wine (one of our favorites) can be shipped to so few states. Silver lining: one of those states is Texas! In for 2!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Posted yesterday, and likely true for the foreseeable future:

Winedavid39 wrote:* very limited state list tonight.

No, it's not a mistake. You'll find that the regulatory environment remains in flux and constantly changing. We are purposely taking the high road by being conservative for now.

* stay tuned *

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working hard to increase this list in the short term.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Hope the Michigan no-ship is just this winery and not a trend ..

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy
coolchris160 wrote:For the record: Ragù branded pasta sauce is gross.

Hopefully this Sangiovesse isn't the same. Does anyone have any notes and/or experience with this wine?

Thanks in advance.

Sigh. Take a stroll through authentic Italian cuisine and you'll find that the term "ragu" has been hijacked and branded by a major food producer.

The winemaker is not referring to that yucky stuff in a jar, but rather a complex meat-based sauce, often from the Bolognese region.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

And now no Minnesota?? This is getting sad.
Cheers (for those of you who can buy)!

jaykid007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jaykid007

Looks decent. Will give it a shot.

kspellwine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kspellwine

Thanks in advance.

This Sangiovese goes with everything. Very true to the varietal but has some punch with a little bit of Cab Sauv and tiny bit of Cab Franc. I know you will enjoy

kspellwine

confusedemmy wrote:Sigh. Take a stroll through authentic Italian cuisine and you'll find that the term "ragu" has been hijacked and branded by a major food producer.

The winemaker is not referring to that yucky stuff in a jar, but rather a complex meat-based sauce, often from the Bolognese region.

No...both my parents are chefs...so talking about the homemade kind, but really this wine is really geared for all food!! High acid goes with just about anything!

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff
kspellwine wrote:No...both my parents are chefs...so talking about the homemade kind, but really this wine is really geared for all food!! High acid goes with just about anything!

sold in for 1 or 2 this does sound money

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
kspellwine wrote:No...both my parents are chefs...so talking about the homemade kind, but really this wine is really geared for all food!! High acid goes with just about anything!

Are you the wine maker? Owner? Cellar slave?

Thanks for jumping in.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Thanks for jumping on. To whom are we speaking to?

thanks,

winedrew

How is the current harvest coming?

Have ya'll started picking any reds yet?

kspellwine

Hi Everyone!!

I am Kristen Spelletich!!

This wine is mine..I made it!! We have 4 brands and this is my all mine!! MAUAHHAHHA...just kidding!!

This Sangiovese is amazing!! Super special to me...one of the varietals that changed me as a young adult so when I had the opportunity to make it I jumped.

About us!

We are a small family owned and operated winery in Napa, but we make wine from all over the world!! We have about 4 employees now...and after 20 years finally have a tasting room!

Ask me anything. I will be on here all day!!

kspellwine

winedrew wrote:How is the current harvest coming?

Have ya'll started picking any reds yet?

Yes...grapes are coming like a wild fire...the weather is making everything come in at once!

kspellwine

Winedavid39 wrote:Thanks for jumping on. To whom are we speaking to?

thanks,

Kristen Spelletich, this is my wine.

kspellwine

kylemittskus wrote:Are you the wine maker? Owner? Cellar slave?

Thanks for jumping in.

I am all of the above!! Well I don't do cellar work anymore...I am more business now. but I had my fair share of cold cellar days and lots of forklifting

winky2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winky2

According to the Spelletich website, the 2007 Sangiovese is $22 per bottle, not $25 as is posted on the Woot deal. Therefore, unless I'm missing something, the discount from list is 36.4%, not the 44% that is claimed.

winedrew

kspellwine wrote:I am all of the above!! Well I don't do cellar work anymore...I am more business now. but I had my fair share of cold cellar days and lots of forklifting

Kristen,

Our mutual friend from Ladera thinks that the 2013 vintage will be just like the 2007.

What are your thoughts?

winedrew

stahlc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stahlc

Can't ship to Wisco either... one of the most lackadaisical drinking law states in the country. Bummer, I wanted this!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Neil, please check PMs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

GA denied as well - too bad, this looks good!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

kspellwine

winedrew wrote:Kristen,

Our mutual friend from Ladera thinks that the 2013 vintage will be just like the 2007.

What are your thoughts?

winedrew

I am not sure...I normally don't like comparing vintages...but it's possible...similar temps and time line. 07 was amazing...but looks like 12 & 13 have alot of promise!

kspellwine

Thanks in advance.

I am sorry I missed this one. You can visit our website to see notes www.spellwine.com.

What would you like to know...maybe I can help.

Cheers,
Kristen Spelletich

oncman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oncman

Ws going to give this one a try but.... No Ohio

hiten900

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hiten900

No Ohio. Pity. What's the use of such a limited geographical offering?

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
hiten900 wrote:No Ohio. Pity. What's the use of such a limited geographical offering?

See earlier in the thread - there are some legislative/compliance issues afoot and WD is playing it safe rather than fast and loose. Hopefully for all those in the affected states it will be resolved soon. What you can do to help is pester your legislators to enter the 21st century with their liquor laws.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

gojets3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gojets3
klezman wrote:See earlier in the thread - there are some legislative/compliance issues afoot and WD is playing it safe rather than fast and loose. Hopefully for all those in the affected states it will be resolved soon. What you can do to help is pester your legislators to enter the 21st century with their liquor laws.

sorry, but i don't understand. other companies ship to my state-are laws different for different internet companies? color me confused (at least my wallet is happy these days).

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
gojets3 wrote:sorry, but i don't understand. other companies ship to my state-are laws different for different internet companies? color me confused (at least my wallet is happy these days).

This is complicated stuff. The briefest of summaries is this: for a winery to ship directly to you, they need a permit for each individual state that requires them. This is a distinct license from a retailer who wants to ship wine into the state (think Joe's Online Wine Emporium). Wine.woot operates as an intermediary between a winery and the consumer, and at no point owns the wine. They help the wineries connect to new customers and ship using the winery's own licenses. Recently some states have placed extra restrictions on "third party marketers", which may or may not accurately describe wine.woot, resulting in WD's decision to stay on the good side of all possible legal interpretations and his subsequent post in yesterday's thread about a severely reduced state list. Everybody is hoping it gets resolved soon, not the least is WD - this is his livelihood, after all.

*Note* I am not a lawyer, and this is my summary of my impression of the issues. There's a thread on this under the World of Wine Woot tab. Check there for more info.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
kspellwine wrote:Hi Everyone!!

I am Kristen Spelletich!!

This wine is mine..I made it!! We have 4 brands and this is my all mine!! MAUAHHAHHA...just kidding!!

This Sangiovese is amazing!! Super special to me...one of the varietals that changed me as a young adult so when I had the opportunity to make it I jumped.

About us!

We are a small family owned and operated winery in Napa, but we make wine from all over the world!! We have about 4 employees now...and after 20 years finally have a tasting room!

Ask me anything. I will be on here all day!!

Welcome!! Love the Label!!