noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj

There will be a get-together for wine.wooters here in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday, October 5. The plan is to meet at Oola Distillery at 1314 East Union for their 3 pm tour and tasting. Following that we will relocate two blocks away to a community meeting room for tasting and talking, adjourning by 6 pm.

Please PM me if interested so we can develop a nose count. And big thanks to kittymac for helping with the arrangements.

jimjacks66


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
noslensj wrote:There will be a get-together for wine.wooters here in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday, October 5. The plan is to meet at Oola Distillery at 1314 East Union for their 3 pm tour and tasting. Following that we will relocate two blocks away to a community meeting room for tasting and talking, adjourning by 6 pm.

Please PM me if interested so we can develop a nose count. And big thanks to kittymac for helping with the arrangements.



Will do my best to attend as discussed via email. Do I need to bring any wine? I may be moving that weekend (TBD) but will attempt to join the gathering.

noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
jimjacks66 wrote:Will do my best to attend as discussed via email. Do I need to bring any wine? I may be moving that weekend (TBD) but will attempt to join the gathering.


No need to decide now about bringing wine. It will depend on what the turnout is. If it looks as if we will need some more, I might hit you up.

kittymac


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Should there be a theme? Or a focus on a particular region?

noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
kittymac wrote:Should there be a theme? Or a focus on a particular region?



I don't know. Did you have something in mind?

Left to my own devices, and just because I like to experiment, I might think about focusing on less common varietals or regions.

noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj

Just a reminder/request to send me a PM if you're planning to attend so that we can keep a nose count and plan accordingly.

noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj

Apparently, as per Washington Liquor Control Board rules, Oola can only offer tours by reservation and the names of everyone in the party must be provided in advance.

So if you are planning to join us at Oola, please send a PM with your names and the name of anyone coming with you.

Please use PM for this - I don't think it's a good idea to post your name in a public forum.

noslensj


quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj

Good to see everyone there who made it. For those who were interested but couldn't make it, keep an eye here because I think there's a good chance we'll try to get together again in the not too distant future.