WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

soireehome Wine Gear

You thought you could just drink wine? Oh, are you mistaken. There are the special pourers, the aerators, and, of course, the chilling spheres. Drinking wine is a long and complicated process, and if you don't have all of the supplies you need, you better get yourself started.

Cesare

quality posts: 1695 Private Messages Cesare

soireehome Wine Gear

Soiree Luxury Sport Bottle-Top Glass Wine Aerator with Travel Case
$24.99 $̶3̶9̶.̶9̶9̶ 38% off List Price

Soiree Signature Gift Set
(In-Bottle Aerator, Innovative Wine Preserver, Stand & Drying Rack, Compact Travel Case, Luxury Gift Box)
$29.99 $̶4̶9̶.̶9̶9̶ 40% off List Price

Soiree Stopair All-in-One Bottle Stopper & Vacuum Preserver – 4 Pack
$22.99 $̶3̶9̶.̶9̶9̶ 43% off List Price

Soiree Tilt Twin Beverage Chilling Spheres with Garnishing Sticks – 2 Pack
$24.99 $̶3̶4̶.̶9̶9̶ 29% off List Price

Soiree Tempour All-in-One Perfect Bottle Pourer
$31.99 $̶4̶9̶.̶9̶9̶ 36% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione

I picked up a soiree a year or so ago from Woot! I really like it. It helps to open up reds, probably cutting about 20-30 minutes of breathing time off your first glass. It's easy to use, and looks fantastic - always a good conversation starter at parties. I like the fact that it's glass, not plastic, and easy to clean.

I have limited experience with other aerators but this one is my favorite. It seems a little pricier than I remember here, and there's no doubt that one can easily live without a gizmo like this... but if I didn't have a spare already, I'd pick up another as a handy gift.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

The Tempour looks to be a better product than the competing Vin-O-Chill. The VOC has a plastic chill tube, which cracked and leaked even though I was very careful with it. I wouldn't expect the Tempour to cool the wine more than a few degrees, though, because the tube has to be narrow.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

The first person who says these make a bottle of Two Buck Chuck taste like a first growth Bordeaux gets shot.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

I have the Soiree and have used it for about 3 years. As I have posted before, not only does it do a fabulous job of aeration very easily, but it does it very beautifully as well! I gave these to all the wine drinkers in my family for Christmas one year and every one of them has commented how well they like them. What a great gift, prestented beautifully in the case, for you and/or family and friends.

greyday

quality posts: 55 Private Messages greyday
kylemittskus wrote:The first person who says these make a bottle of Two Buck Chuck taste like a first growth Bordeaux gets shot.

What if they hate Bordeaux?

greyday

quality posts: 55 Private Messages greyday

Also anyone have notes on the Stopair? I really want a good suction/stopper; I've tried several (the most recent being Rabbit) and the next day when I go to drink the wine, the pressure is always equalized and the cops just basically sitting there...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
greyday wrote:What if they hate Bordeaux?

You mean one of those burgundy nuts? Yeah. They're worse. That person gets tortured.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
greyday wrote:Also anyone have notes on the Stopair? I really want a good suction/stopper; I've tried several (the most recent being Rabbit) and the next day when I go to drink the wine, the pressure is always equalized and the cops just basically sitting there...

The Vacu-Vin works well for me and it's inexpensive.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

I agree- I Vac Vin everything with no problems.

Soiree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soiree
NedDawg wrote:The Tempour looks to be a better product than the competing Vin-O-Chill. The VOC has a plastic chill tube, which cracked and leaked even though I was very careful with it. I wouldn't expect the Tempour to cool the wine more than a few degrees, though, because the tube has to be narrow.

agreed. I design all of our stuff and I name them as well. I named tempour, after the word "temper" which means to moderate, but I switched the end of the word to pour, since our products pours as well.

More important is it's modularity. Popular Science gave us a spotlight and called us the multi-tool of wine gadgets, which is apt.

Anyway - none of the in-bottle chillers are going to work as well as a bucket of ice, basic physics. But being all die cast stainless steel, tempour is legit. Will get quite frigid and I love for red wines (region non-specific). Most people drink their reds at +65F which is where you lose viscosity, texture, mouthfeel, and palatial experience. Temperature is everything for wine, as is proper aeration, and even glassware.

Soireehome is designed by a wine geek for wine geeks and people that buy stuff for wine geeks . That is a fact!

Happy imbibing!

[MOD: No advertising pls]

Soiree

chipgreen wrote: The "foreign link removed" works well for me and it's inexpensive.

Coming from a person that drops a foreign brand on another brand's sale always raises a brow. But to respond fairly, the idea of stopair (not our sole design) is that it is simple and convenient. As a rule of design, when something is not convenient, it does not get used. Stopair is small & effective, and will help save wine an extra 2-3 days (wine chemistry, temp, and etc all factors).

From a design standpoint, I like that Stopair eliminates bumbling around the drawer looking for a 2-part system (1) a tiny stopper that inadvertently always disappears. And (2) a large pump that takes more drawer space then a turkey baster. And for the record, many brands sell this outdated 2-part design.

Never the less, Stopair is great for helping save a wine for a few extra days. Also good for oils, vinegars, and so on. It's got nothing on the Egyptians and their preservation abilities - but for the modern kitchen; It's simple, convenient, and effective.

Hope that helps!

chipgreen

Soiree wrote:Coming from a person that drops a foreign brand on another brand's sale always raises a brow.

Thanks for your participation.
Wasn't trying to undermine your sale, just sharing some info with a fellow wooter about a product that I have had good luck with over time.

Soiree wrote:
But to respond fairly, the idea of stopair (not our sole design) is that it is simple and convenient. As a rule of design, when something is not convenient, it does not get used. Stopair is small & effective, and will help save wine an extra 2-3 days (wine chemistry, temp, and etc all factors).

From a design standpoint, I like that Stopair eliminates bumbling around the drawer looking for a 2-part system (1) a tiny stopper that inadvertently always disappears. And (2) a large pump that takes more drawer space then a turkey baster. And for the record, many brands sell this outdated 2-part design.

Never the less, Stopair is great for helping save a wine for a few extra days. Also good for oils, vinegars, and so on. It's got nothing on the Egyptians and their preservation abilities - but for the modern kitchen; It's simple, convenient, and effective.

Hope that helps!

How does the end user go about removing air from the bottle with it? Appreciate that it is simple, convenient, small and effective, but how does it work?

Regarding your flagship product, I own an original Soiree aerator and am very happy with it. Even considering another purchase - the one with the case or the entire gift set. Looks like the travel case in the gift set is hard-shell? Does it also have an attached carabiner? Will the original Soiree aerator that I own fit into both cases?

Soiree

chipgreen wrote:How does the end user go about removing air from the bottle with it? Appreciate that it is simple, convenient, small and effective, but how does it work?

Regarding your flagship product, I own an original Soiree aerator and am very happy with it. Even considering another purchase - the one with the case or the entire gift set. Looks like the travel case in the gift set is hard-shell? Does it also have an attached carabiner? Will the original Soiree aerator that I own fit into both cases?

Very cool. Thanks for your response and sorry if I cam off a little edgy. Just protecting my brand .

Here is a link to a video on the stopair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9szX3WHKt-E Works super easy, just insert and pump the top 10-20 times (head-space of bottle dependent). When the vacuum pressure inside the bottle is ample, the top of the pump will automatically suck back into the stopper. It is not overly scientific, but like I said its a simple solution, for a temporary issue.

As for the travel case version of the Soiree (L/S) that is my favorite version of the Soiree and the one I gift people when I hand them out. Only the L/S comes with the carabiner.

The Signature Series has it's own hard shell case (you were correct) and that case does not have any carabiner. However, it is a high-grade Polypropylene same as shock proof cell-phone plastics.

And yes, either the L/S or Signature Series have cases that will come with their own Soiree (new gasket design). But the cases will fit any version of the Soiree that you have.

So feel free to order either and of course our customer service has your back if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks for the long-time support and open ambassadorship. And most importantly, Cheers!

chipgreen

Soiree wrote:Very cool. Thanks for your response and sorry if I cam off a little edgy. Just protecting my brand .

Here is a link to a video on the stopair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9szX3WHKt-E Works super easy, just insert and pump the top 10-20 times (head-space of bottle dependent). When the vacuum pressure inside the bottle is ample, the top of the pump will automatically suck back into the stopper. It is not overly scientific, but like I said its a simple solution, for a temporary issue.

As for the travel case version of the Soiree (L/S) that is my favorite version of the Soiree and the one I gift people when I hand them out. Only the L/S comes with the carabiner.

The Signature Series has it's own hard shell case (you were correct) and that case does not have any carabiner. However, it is a high-grade Polypropylene same as shock proof cell-phone plastics.

And yes, either the L/S or Signature Series have cases that will come with their own Soiree (new gasket design). But the cases will fit any version of the Soiree that you have.

So feel free to order either and of course our customer service has your back if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks for the long-time support and open ambassadorship. And most importantly, Cheers!

Thanks for the additional information and the video link. Looks like I will be purchasing the L/S edition. I really like the idea of slinging it over the top of the bottle as pictured and it will also be much easier to pack in the suitcase now. Although I have brought the Soiree along with me a few times while traveling, I mostly have left it at home but with a travel case and a spare Soiree, I will be all set for cross-country aeration!

You have a nice lineup of wine accessories. Congrats on making a niche for yourself in what must be an already over-populated marketplace.

True story, I was at the Mt. Pleasant Winery in Augusta, MO this past Spring and the sommelier said he wanted us to taste one of the wines before and after aeration. I mentioned to him that I had a Soiree at home and he replied "you mean one of these?" as he pulled out his own Soiree from behind the counter.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
Soiree wrote:Coming from a person that drops a foreign brand on another brand's sale always raises a brow. But to respond fairly, the idea of stopair (not our sole design) is that it is simple and convenient. As a rule of design, when something is not convenient, it does not get used. Stopair is small & effective, and will help save wine an extra 2-3 days (wine chemistry, temp, and etc all factors).

Hope that helps!

What level of partial pressure do you achieve, and how long are they maintained, assuming a good gadget to neck seal?

CT

Soiree

chipgreen wrote:Thanks for the additional information and the video link. Looks like I will be purchasing the L/S edition. I really like the idea of slinging it over the top of the bottle as pictured and it will also be much easier to pack in the suitcase now. Although I have brought the Soiree along with me a few times while traveling, I mostly have left it at home but with a travel case and a spare Soiree, I will be all set for cross-country aeration!

You have a nice lineup of wine accessories. Congrats on making a niche for yourself in what must be an already over-populated marketplace.

True story, I was at the Mt. Pleasant Winery in Augusta, MO this past Spring and the sommelier said he wanted us to taste one of the wines before and after aeration. I mentioned to him that I had a Soiree at home and he replied "you mean one of these?" as he pulled out his own Soiree from behind the counter.

Thanks so much! You're spot on, the marketplace is getting more and more crowded and most of the major retailers are already down-sizing the "wine accessory aisle". It's stunning to think, but there are always more late adapters than early adapters... luckily they're all chasing the plastic & silicone based products. We'll be focusing on stainless and glass for our materials wherever possible.

I love the story about tasting at Mt Pleasent. I have yet to visit, but glad to know we have supporters there. And a little known fact but Augusta MO was the first designated wine AVA for the USA. Kudos to you for trying wines from all across the country, so many people get stuck in ruts only drinking certain countries, states, or varietals.

I know you'll enjoy your Soiree L/S and you'll be poised to try the great world of wine! I am so glad we could connect on this forum, these are the things that truly make this niche and unforeseen profession a real pleasure, and less of a job .

Cheers & Best!
andrew

Soiree

rjquillin wrote:What level of partial pressure do you achieve, and how long are they maintained, assuming a good gadget to neck seal?

Fair question. I cannot give you a PSI rating of the vacuum pressure the Stopair can achieve (in a proper fit). But the Stopair will vacuum out a strong majority of the air from the bottle (you will notice that you can smell the bouquet of the wine, as you pump the air out).

The stopair will hold the vacuum seal for approx 24-48 hours. It will help preserve the wine (chemistry dependent) for an extra 2-5 days.

It also works on oils, vinegars, port, or any other liquid that will tarnish with exposure to oxygen.

If you really want to protect your wine (or other) you can use a 100% argon gas preserver (vineyardfresh.com) in conjunction with the Stopair.

Hope that helps!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Soiree wrote:Fair question. I cannot give you a PSI rating of the vacuum pressure the Stopair can achieve (in a proper fit). But the Stopair will vacuum out a strong majority of the air from the bottle (you will notice that you can smell the bouquet of the wine, as you pump the air out).

The stopair will hold the vacuum seal for approx 24-48 hours. It will help preserve the wine (chemistry dependent) for an extra 2-5 days.

It also works on oils, vinegars, port, or any other liquid that will tarnish with exposure to oxygen.

If you really want to protect your wine (or other) you can use a 100% argon gas preserver (vineyardfresh.com) in conjunction with the Stopair.

Hope that helps!

Based on his question, you may have guessed that he already has own hand-made argon gas preservation system. He asked the other question because he ran some actual tests to calculate that information on the VacuVin mentioned above and was looking to the campare the two.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

North316 wrote:Based on his question, you may have guessed that he already has own hand-made argon gas preservation system. He asked the other question because he ran some actual tests to calculate that information on the VacuVin mentioned above and was looking to the compare the two.

Spot on North!
Thanks.
I'm actually considering getting a set if for no other reason than to run the same test here I did on the VacuVin, but manufacturers numbers are always appreciated, and reflects as to how diligent they were in their design and ongoing QC.

Just to verify, do the boxes shown contain two devices, for a total of four? Generally woot pics tend to accurately show how many of something we'll receive, and here I see only two, not four.

Thanks.
[edit]
I own a couple of your aerators, and use both them and a Vinturi, both from woot.

CT

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
rjquillin wrote:
Just to verify, do the boxes shown contain two devices, for a total of four? Generally woot pics tend to accurately show how many of something we'll receive, and here I see only two, not four.

It looks like each box contains 2 stoppers (if you zoom in on the photo, along the bottom edge it says "2x Stopair in package"). Hope that helps.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

rjquillin

karenhynes wrote:It looks like each box contains 2 stoppers (if you zoom in on the photo, along the bottom edge it says "2x Stopair in package"). Hope that helps.

I looked, but with tired old eyes; looking again, indeed it does, tnx.

CT

chipgreen

Soiree wrote:Thanks so much! You're spot on, the marketplace is getting more and more crowded and most of the major retailers are already down-sizing the "wine accessory aisle". It's stunning to think, but there are always more late adapters than early adapters... luckily they're all chasing the plastic & silicone based products. We'll be focusing on stainless and glass for our materials wherever possible.

I love the story about tasting at Mt Pleasent. I have yet to visit, but glad to know we have supporters there. And a little known fact but Augusta MO was the first designated wine AVA for the USA. Kudos to you for trying wines from all across the country, so many people get stuck in ruts only drinking certain countries, states, or varietals.

I know you'll enjoy your Soiree L/S and you'll be poised to try the great world of wine! I am so glad we could connect on this forum, these are the things that truly make this niche and unforeseen profession a real pleasure, and less of a job .

Cheers & Best!
andrew

We do enjoy our wine-cations. Next month we're checking out the Monticello Wine Trail in VA. Dave Matthews has a winery there, along with Steve Case (former CEO of AOL) and of course "The Donald". I'll be sure to pack the Soiree!

blainetallons

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blainetallons

Has anyone had theirs ship yet?
Not arrive, but even ship

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

blainetallons wrote:Has anyone had theirs ship yet?
Not arrive, but even ship

Wine shipments (even non-wine items on wine.woot) take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments (even non-wine items on wine.woot) take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

But TT -- this ain't wine! [Oh I just saw you said it also might happen with non-wine. Never mind!]

chipgreen

Received my Soiree shipment today.