Steven Raichlen Grilling Butters BBQ, 3.5 oz
Pepperoni, 8 oz
Cacciatorini Double Sausages, 8-10 oz
Southwestern Style Artisinal Uncured Bacon, 10 oz

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

This is more like Thursdays are supposed to be like..

CT

thenagman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thenagman

Stating that the bacon is uncured, and then adding celery powder (a source of nitrites) is false advertising as far as I'm concerned.

read here http://ruhlman.com/2011/05/the-no-nitrites-added-hoax/

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden
thenagman wrote:Stating that the bacon is uncured, and then adding celery powder (a source of nitrites) is false advertising as far as I'm concerned.

I came here to link to that very same article. I hope this whole "uncured" thing is a quickly passing fad. I like my pink salt!

auxdelices

quality posts: 64 Private Messages auxdelices
thenagman wrote:Stating that the bacon is uncured, and then adding celery powder (a source of nitrites) is false advertising as far as I'm concerned.

(sigh) Welcome to our world on the nitrate nomenclature. The USDA dictates label wording. Under threat of being hog tied, we are required to describe the product as "uncured" and to provide the statement (see last paragraph in the product description).

sassynapoleon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sassynapoleon

The storage instructions says that this needs to be kept refrigerated or frozen, I assume it will be shipped packed in dry ice?

auxdelices

sassynapoleon wrote:The storage instructions says that this needs to be kept refrigerated or frozen, I assume it will be shipped packed in dry ice?

It is shipped in an insulated cooler with ice packs. Does the trick!

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
auxdelices wrote:It is shipped in an insulated cooler with ice packs. Does the trick!

Have you purchased from this company before?

I am friends with the owner and CEO of world wide, Atalanta Foods, in business for at least 40 years. Our fathers went to Cornell together and both got their MBA's. My Dad went into fasteners, zippers, velcro and the like. He went into importing food. This appears to be a newer company trying to follow Atalanta's extreme, long time success.

I can't order these, I get better for free luckily. My order comes fresh into port and is at my door the same day, within a few hours of docking. No ice needed, it is delivered in coolers by an employee who takes care of family and friends. Some of their items are just too cool.

If these are as good, GO FOR IT although I don't know the cost of what's in my fridge right now!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

auxdelices

MichXelle wrote:Have you purchased from this company before?

I am friends with the owner and CEO of world wide, Atalanta Foods, in business for at least 40 years. Our fathers went to Cornell together and both got their MBA's. My Dad went into fasteners, zippers, velcro and the like. He went into importing food. This appears to be a newer company trying to follow Atalanta's extreme, long time success.

I can't order these, I get better for free luckily. My order comes fresh into port and is at my door the same day, within a few hours of docking. No ice needed, it is delivered in coolers by an employee who takes care of family and friends. Some of their items are just too cool.

If these are as good, GO FOR IT although I don't know the cost of what's in my fridge right now!

I'll go for the velcro with a side of White Truffle Butter to garnish that fish you just landed.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

What are you doing to fix the issue with the butter arriving warm from your woot two years ago? Those were shipped in styrafoam with ice packs around the same time of year. Won't this be even more of an issue with the bacon?

auxdelices wrote:Some of you received your Grilling Butters in a melted form. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We assure you that was not our intention!

We understand your concerns about melted butter, and would like to reassure you. The butters are 100% safe to eat. They have not lost their flavor, changed their texture, or gone bad. As mentioned, they should be frozen right away to regain their solid form. You can freeze, thaw, re-freeze as often as you like -the creamy texture and bold flavors will still wow.

We stand behind our products. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the Grilling Butters, please contact us for a replacement.

Happy Labor Day Grilling!

kilbasar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kilbasar

I've ordered from this company off of woot before (the charcuterie and the dried mushrooms), and let me tell you, everything they make is AMAZING. The flavors in the Herb Pancetta pretty much blew my mind, and the Hot Sopressata was to die for.

This is a different set of products, but they have an excellent track record of crafting delicious foods.

killerbyte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages killerbyte

Ah bummer, no duck fat with this offer. Got almost the similar deal last year but that one came with a small container of duck fat. LOVED it. Was hoping to restock again now that I finished it all.
Well guess I'll wait till it's hopefully offered again.

Oh one thing of note, these people from transatlantic foods don't know how to ship very well in hot weather. I live in california, and last year about the same time as now, when I placed my order we were having a heat wave going on. The small styrofoam container, with ONE SMALL ice pack, didn't really cut it. My order arrived melted and spoiled. Woot Customer service was awesome however, they were able to get me a replacement.
Hope this year they learn from their mistakes.

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

Kinda OY here, but another online wine company specializing in flash sales emailed me and said they weren't allowed to ship wine to TX after 9/13. And that I should contact state reps to work towards changing TX law.

Anybody know if this is just them, or if it is going to affect how much money I spend at Woot?????

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

confusedemmy wrote:Kinda OY here, but another online wine company specializing in flash sales emailed me and said they weren't allowed to ship wine to TX after 9/13. And that I should contact state reps to work towards changing TX law.

Anybody know if this is just them, or if it is going to affect how much money I spend at Woot?????

Alot of the sites out there are a retailer in like NJ or CA that have been shipping improperly into Texas(and NY etal).

Producers(wineries) are permitted to ship into Texas. The model we introduced when launching wine.woot is a "producer direct" model.

Overall this is a very very fluid situation.

i personally don't see any interruption in Texas for winery sales (featured on wine.woot).

thanks,

auxdelices

kilbasar wrote:I've ordered from this company off of woot before (the charcuterie and the dried mushrooms), and let me tell you, everything they make is AMAZING. The flavors in the Herb Pancetta pretty much blew my mind, and the Hot Sopressata was to die for.

This is a different set of products, but they have an excellent track record of crafting delicious foods.

er...where did you want us to send that check, again? thanks for the props!

Anyone planning menus yet?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
auxdelices wrote:er...where did you want us to send that check, again? thanks for the props!

Anyone planning menus yet?

Yes, Buffalo Wings, beer-battered grouper and Jalapeno poppers to go with football on Sunday....oh, wait, your meant with this stuff....

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

trickycrayon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trickycrayon

Do one just a bit closer to Christmas, svp...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
trickycrayon wrote:Do one just a bit closer to Christmas, svp...

Closer to Xmas, we have something called gift week where they offer non-wine items for a week that make excellent gifts. I can't remember if these showed up last year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this pop up (or some version of it) during that week. Plus there's AMAZING balsamic vinegar offered.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Plus there's AMAZING balsamic vinegar offered.

+10

CT

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

I would totally buy if it would only be the truffle butters, duck fat, type of thing - the meats do not attract me.
(for price, and also because I can get great meat here locally meanwhile)

auxdelices

andreaserben wrote:I would totally buy if it would only be the truffle butters, duck fat, type of thing - the meats do not attract me.
(for price, and also because I can get great meat here locally meanwhile)

The butters make a great garnish for roasted or grilled fish, hot cooked shrimp, and a vegetable gratin. The meats? Well, they make a great gift...

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
auxdelices wrote:The butters make a great garnish for roasted or grilled fish, hot cooked shrimp, and a vegetable gratin. The meats? Well, they make a great gift...

Not questioning that just stating my preference.
A pure butter/duck fat set - I probably would have been 'in for 3'.

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

I blame my love affair with truffle butter on these people (and Woot! to for providing the opportunity to purchase it). I think I may have to order this.