WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Arcadian Vineyard Designate Syrah (2)

Speed to First Woot:
0m 32.999s
First Sucker:
tytiger58
Last Wooter to Woot:
keste13
Last Purchase:
11 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 33% of Wine Woots
Top 40% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 48% of Wine Woots
Top 35% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 4% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 4% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 69% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 4% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 6% one year old
  • 88% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 67% bought 1
  • 19% bought 2
  • 13% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

9%
4%
1%
0%
1%
0%
4%
1%
9%
6%
7%
3%
0%
3%
6%
0%
6%
7%
3%
6%
1%
6%
6%
7%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1561 Private Messages Cesare

Arcadian Winery Vineyard Designate Syrah 2-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶0̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 41% off List Price
2006 Purisima Syrah, Santa Ynez Valley
2006 Stolpman Syrah, Santa Ynez Valley
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I had a glass of 2006 Arcadian Syrah earlier this year at a restaurant in Solvang. I think it was a different Vineyard designate than these (westerly vineyard) But I recall it being exceedingly good. I am finding more and more that I like Syrah with some age on it.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta


quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Did someone say Stolpman? ... this will be hard to resist

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:Did someone say Stolpman? ... this will be hard to resist



Tri- check the pub

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I am a recent convert to all things Arcadian, after trying a few of the syrahs and an 01 Gary's Pinot which blew me away BTW. I did recently buy some of the 06 westerly Syrah and I agree fantastic bottle.

Easy buy IMHO.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




mistabighed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistabighed

Too bad woot won't ship it to KS or MO. Would love to have some arcadian.

abbieroad


quality posts: 1 Private Messages abbieroad

I visited their tasting room last year in Lompoc and joined their wine club. Arcadian makes some of the best Syrah I've had. Highly recommend!!

knotheadusc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

I LOVE Arcadian wines. This is going to be too tough to resist. Might have to jump on the bandwagon for this one.

dianatkins


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianatkins

Why can some wines be delivered to Illinois but not this wine?

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
dianatkins wrote:Why can some wines be delivered to Illinois but not this wine?



Was kind of surprised at that myself as the winery, Arcadian, direct ships to Illinois consumers.

rjquillin


quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin

I see I have some 05 Westerly! Hopefully well get some comments on the differences. I really don't need more, but..

CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

This is serious wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dianatkins wrote:Why can some wines be delivered to Illinois but not this wine?

Each winery has to obtain a license for each state. Some states have limits on the amount of wine they can ship per year to a state. That and other factors can prohibit a wine from being sold in a state. Check this site for more info.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

srwatters


quality posts: 0 Private Messages srwatters

Holding the '05 so I really want some of this Syrah, but still but really concerned about "summer" shipping to North Texas. Taking a real chance that it won't get cooked in our last blast of summer heat wave.

In for two... (crosses fingers, toes, and eyes...

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
dianatkins wrote:Why can some wines be delivered to Illinois but not this wine?



Bummer! Can't even woot-leg it into Wisconsin, Indiana or Iowa. This was a nasty tease.

webdev511


quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

In for two! Now where do I put them? Oh well better drink some more from the cellar before this shipment arrives. #firstworldproblems

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
cmaldoon wrote:I had a glass of 2006 Arcadian Syrah earlier this year at a restaurant in Solvang. I think it was a different Vineyard designate than these (westerly vineyard) But I recall it being exceedingly good. I am finding more and more that I like Syrah with some age on it.



You are correct it was a 2006 Westerly Syrah which is one of our introductory level Syrah. The two being offered today are what I consider to be our Grand Cru Syrah. These two vineyards rank as two of the top Syrah Vineyards in the country.

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
trifecta wrote:Did someone say Stolpman? ... this will be hard to resist



And 2006 no less we aged these two wines for 28 months in barrel and then put them in the cellar for another three years. You are seeing some top flight Solpman with some age but with a long future in front of it.

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
tytiger58 wrote:I am a recent convert to all things Arcadian, after trying a few of the syrahs and an 01 Gary's Pinot which blew me away BTW. I did recently buy some of the 06 westerly Syrah and I agree fantastic bottle.

Easy buy IMHO.


thanks for the lovely comments I appreciate the support of my wines.
Joe

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
mistabighed wrote:Too bad woot won't ship it to KS or MO. Would love to have some arcadian.



We are working on it and are hoping to have a distributor in the near future. In the meantime we will hold some for you until we get legal stuff in place.

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
abbieroad wrote:I visited their tasting room last year in Lompoc and joined their wine club. Arcadian makes some of the best Syrah I've had. Highly recommend!!



Thank you and we are honored to have you as a Grand Cru Society member

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
knotheadusc wrote:I LOVE Arcadian wines. This is going to be too tough to resist. Might have to jump on the bandwagon for this one.



Please don't resist, I make wines to be shared and to be drunk. Take these to a dinner next week

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
dianatkins wrote:Why can some wines be delivered to Illinois but not this wine?



The truth is that every state requires each winery to pay them for the opportunity to ship wine to their state. Often if you have distribution in place and enough supporters in a given state it makes sense to pay those fees. Sometimes the fees outweigh the sales into that market. I would love to be in Illinois Chicago is a great food town but thus far we have been unable to find distribution there.

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
kylemittskus wrote:This is serious wine.



Thank you so much and I agree these are serious wines worthy of any table.

neilfindswine


quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Thanks for stopping in today Joe- I know you're in the midst of picking/crushing- harvest time is upon us!

I'm an unabashed Arcadian fan. Top shelf, black-tie wines, every one that I've come across- the Fiddlestix and Pisoni Pinots, the Sleepy Hollow Chard... and these here Syrahs.

Shill-Endorsed are these two...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
arcadiansyrah wrote:And 2006 no less we aged these two wines for 28 months in barrel and then put them in the cellar for another three years. You are seeing some top flight Solpman with some age but with a long future in front of it.



Joe thanks for participating on the wine.woot forums, much appreciated.

Can you give some insight into the aging potential/peak of these wines?

jmdavidson


quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
arcadiansyrah wrote:The truth is that every state requires each winery to pay them for the opportunity to ship wine to their state. Often if you have distribution in place and enough supporters in a given state it makes sense to pay those fees. Sometimes the fees outweigh the sales into that market. I would love to be in Illinois Chicago is a great food town but thus far we have been unable to find distribution there.



Your website has Illinois as a state that can be shipped to (see your drop down for "Start an Order," Select your destination.) Can you clarify? I would really like to purchase these wines, but WW has no Illinois.

wnance


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wnance

I really like Arcadian Syrah as well, bought the 4 pack of the 2005 Westerly back on Woot, and only have one bottle left. Well crafted wines.

Question- I'm holding one bottle of the 2005 Stolpman Syrah. How is it drinking now? Worth holding longer? Wish I had two, I'd drink one now and hold the other, but alas only the one.

I'd jump on this deal today, but NY has been locked out of Woot shipping for a few weeks...

McMalbec


quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
jmdavidson wrote:Bummer! Can't even woot-leg it into Wisconsin, Indiana or Iowa. This was a nasty tease.



Plus one!

rc70


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

The last thing I need is more Syrah.... but can't resist these.
In for 2 sets.

funbunny


quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
jmdavidson wrote:Your website has Illinois as a state that can be shipped to (see your drop down for "Start an Order," Select your destination.) Can you clarify? I would really like to purchase these wines, but WW has no Illinois.



A question was going to also ask. So if you ship direct, but have no distribution here, you are not authorized to ship via woot?

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

karenhynes


quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:Your website has Illinois as a state that can be shipped to (see your drop down for "Start an Order," Select your destination.) Can you clarify? I would really like to purchase these wines, but WW has no Illinois.



Looks like that drop-down list has all 50 states, plus DC. I'd assume the list does not list only the states to which they can direct ship. Bummer....I hear their wines are very nice (would love to try some of the pinots if they were to become available on Woot). Other than some of the international offerings, I think this is the first time I've seen IL not on the shipping list.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
bsevern wrote:Joe thanks for participating on the wine.woot forums, much appreciated.

Can you give some insight into the aging potential/peak of these wines?



I think Arcadian has developed a reputation for producing wines that live a long life. I have certainly tried to put them in the best position to age gracefully and by most account 15 years is not out of line here. At seven these are young for us. We are drinking the 1999 and 2001 Garys' Syrah currently.

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
jmdavidson wrote:Your website has Illinois as a state that can be shipped to (see your drop down for "Start an Order," Select your destination.) Can you clarify? I would really like to purchase these wines, but WW has no Illinois.



I have put in a call to our complience person and haven't gotten a response back but if our website says its a go then we should be okay. I will let woot know

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
wnance wrote:I really like Arcadian Syrah as well, bought the 4 pack of the 2005 Westerly back on Woot, and only have one bottle left. Well crafted wines.

Question- I'm holding one bottle of the 2005 Stolpman Syrah. How is it drinking now? Worth holding longer? Wish I had two, I'd drink one now and hold the other, but alas only the one.

I'd jump on this deal today, but NY has been locked out of Woot shipping for a few weeks...



Yes the 05 stolpman is in no danger of going over the hill. If you wish you can get that firectly from us but you should try to get the 06 as well.

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
rc70 wrote:The last thing I need is more Syrah.... but can't resist these.
In for 2 sets.



Thank you so much for the support

arcadiansyrah


quality posts: 3 Private Messages arcadiansyrah
funbunny wrote:A question was going to also ask. So if you ship direct, but have no distribution here, you are not authorized to ship via woot?



This was my mistake I neglected to add Illinois to the woot paper work. Simple error my apologies. I am happy to hear that we have some friends in Illinois. Thanks

rc70


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70
arcadiansyrah wrote:I think Arcadian has developed a reputation for producing wines that live a long life. I have certainly tried to put them in the best position to age gracefully and by most account 15 years is not out of line here. At seven these are young for us. We are drinking the 1999 and 2001 Garys' Syrah currently.



I have been accused of infanticide before That is why I got 2 sets, 1 to sacrifice and 1 to age (hopefully - maybe )

neilfindswine


quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Illinois has been added.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...