renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
draigun wrote:Aww.. come on. I literally check every 30 mins all day, and it gets released while I'm driving home from work.

Also, someone's second woot. I'm sure that's legit. :|



I hear ya on the timing of the video release. I was checking about every 10 minutes yesterday and then it gets released while I am making supper/dinner for the family. Actually the last two were released while I was making supper. Maybe I should stop feeding the family.

Now that I know people are getting tweets when the videos are released, I don't think I have a chance since I am not on Twitter. Would at least be nice to know if the next video is going to be released today. Actually, would be really nice know roughly what time the next video will be released. That way I might have somewhat of a chance.

Also, I often wonder how many people have multiple accounts so they can snag multiple Bandolier of Carrots. Frustrating.

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
renrutnairbwoot wrote:I hear ya on the timing of the video release. I was checking about every 10 minutes yesterday and then it gets released while I am making supper/dinner for the family. Actually the last two were released while I was making supper. Maybe I should stop feeding the family.

Now that I know people are getting tweets when the videos are released, I don't think I have a chance since I am not on Twitter. Would at least be nice to know if the next video is going to be released today. Actually, would be really nice know roughly what time the next video will be released. That way I might have somewhat of a chance.

Also, I often wonder how many people have multiple accounts so they can snag multiple Bandolier of Carrots. Frustrating.



This was the first time that a tweet went out in a timely matter. The previous ones were released and then tweeted way after. Not sure if you've tried twitter, but basically you can "Follow" woot and then when they make an announcement on their twitter account it can be set up to automatically send a SMS to your cell phone.

\

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
jon98gn wrote:This was the first time that a tweet went out in a timely matter. The previous ones were released and then tweeted way after. Not sure if you've tried twitter, but basically you can "Follow" woot and then when they make an announcement on their twitter account it can be set up to automatically send a SMS to your cell phone.



Thanks for the info! Guessing this means I can get a text on my dumb phone via SMS? I haven't used Twitter before. Twitter is blocked at work so I would have to set this up later. If a video is released during the day today, I would just have to get really lucky to find it in time.

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

For those of us counting for fun and for the hunt:

Here are the 4 bags and fun (more than likely not true) facts:


Bag 1

Bag 2
Bag 3
Bag 4

- Each offering appears to be 5 bags
- First offering appears to have spread like the plague in Wisconsin with the main haul spreading there and a single occurence in Pennsylvania. I think Wisconsin enjoys wine to go with their cheese so they were the first to enjoy Fat Gus's bounty
- From there, it seems all of the other craps have traveled strongly to Iowa where it has been strongly festering ever since

- Random Statistics

Wooter Purchasing Power
- 0 first time wooters
- 2 second time wooters
- 5 <= 10 wooters
- 2 < 25 wooters
- 11 25 or greater wooters

Wooter Longevity Veterans
- 1 One Month Old Account
- 19 One Year Or Older

Estimated Wooter Statehood
- 40% from Iowa
- 20% from Wisconsin
- 10% from Floria
- 5% each from California, Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, New York


That was fun. Back to work and good luck everyone else.

\

matthew


quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
dernst_ca1 wrote:Yeah I wonder how many of these are ending up being shipped to the same address frankly



Nobody is supposed to get more than one Bandolier of Carrots from this batch, and we do screen for cheaters. (Not to say someone couldn't outfox us.)



dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
matthew wrote:Nobody is supposed to get more than one Bandolier of Carrots from this batch, and we do screen for cheaters. (Not to say someone couldn't outfox us.)



Thanks Matt!!!

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jalopatin


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jalopatin
jon98gn wrote:
Estimated Wooter Statehood
- 40% from Iowa
- 20% from Wisconsin
- 10% from Floria
- 5% each from California, Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, New York



I'm sorry to say DC doesn't show up on the woot sales stats maps. I snagged one from bag 3 and don't see anything close to me shaded in green. but hey, it isn't the first time we've been underrepresented

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
jon98gn wrote:For those of us counting for fun and for the hunt:

Here are the 4 bags and fun (more than likely not true) facts:


Bag 1

Bag 2
Bag 3
Bag 4

- Each offering appears to be 5 bags
- First offering appears to have spread like the plague in Wisconsin with the main haul spreading there and a single occurence in Pennsylvania. I think Wisconsin enjoys wine to go with their cheese so they were the first to enjoy Fat Gus's bounty
- From there, it seems all of the other craps have traveled strongly to Iowa where it has been strongly festering ever since

- Random Statistics

Wooter Purchasing Power
- 0 first time wooters
- 2 second time wooters
- 5 <= 10 wooters
- 2 < 25 wooters
- 11 25 or greater wooters

Wooter Longevity Veterans
- 1 One Month Old Account
- 19 One Year Or Older

Estimated Wooter Statehood
- 40% from Iowa
- 20% from Wisconsin
- 10% from Floria
- 5% each from California, Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, New York


That was fun. Back to work and good luck everyone else.



Cool data!

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
jon98gn wrote:For those of us counting for fun and for the hunt:

Here are the 4 bags and fun (more than likely not true) facts:


Bag 1

Bag 2
Bag 3
Bag 4

- Each offering appears to be 5 bags
- First offering appears to have spread like the plague in Wisconsin with the main haul spreading there and a single occurence in Pennsylvania. I think Wisconsin enjoys wine to go with their cheese so they were the first to enjoy Fat Gus's bounty
- From there, it seems all of the other craps have traveled strongly to Iowa where it has been strongly festering ever since

- Random Statistics

Wooter Purchasing Power
- 0 first time wooters
- 2 second time wooters
- 5 <= 10 wooters
- 2 < 25 wooters
- 11 25 or greater wooters

Wooter Longevity Veterans
- 1 One Month Old Account
- 19 One Year Or Older

Estimated Wooter Statehood
- 40% from Iowa
- 20% from Wisconsin
- 10% from Floria
- 5% each from California, Missouri, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, New York


That was fun. Back to work and good luck everyone else.



Thanks for putting that together! I was also thinking there were 5 bags for each video. However, I was a little confused on bag 4 having 5 states shaded with 3 of them being dark green. Wouldn't that mean that those 3 states had more bags than the 2 lighter shaded states?

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Thanks for putting that together! I was also thinking there were 5 bags for each video. However, I was a little confused on bag 4 having 5 states shaded with 3 of them being dark green. Wouldn't that mean that those 3 states had more bags than the 2 lighter shaded states?



Not sure that's why it's estimated. I'm sure the calculations are whacky. For instance, Bag 3 having a DC sale. Not sure where it goes or if its accounted for, hence the "probably not true" warning.

\

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
matthew wrote:Nobody is supposed to get more than one Bandolier of Carrots from this batch, and we do screen for cheaters. (Not to say someone couldn't outfox us.)



Should also note that it's one per person so Woot! has been fine when a husband and wife has received one or even roommates. It's kind of hard for them to police unless it's the same account. I think someone grabbed 3 total (2 for themselves, 1 for their significant other) during the copy/paste contest. They then notified Woot! that they ordered too many and instead did a 1 + 1.

\

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

The tail end of that video Ol Gus looks like he is about to hurl.. Hopefully he will lean over the side of the tub as not to fill the tub again..

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

sanctusreal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanctusreal



4 loose golf balls, flu supplies, kids size 12 shirt, bag, lighted slippers, a casing for a hard drive, a slap bracelet, 8 AA batteries and drywall cutting blade cartridges

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
sanctusreal wrote:

4 loose golf balls, flu supplies, kids size 12 shirt, bag, lighted slippers, a casing for a hard drive, a slap bracelet, 8 AA batteries and drywall cutting blade cartridges



Cool stuff

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Welp - time to head out for my 2 hour commute.. setting myself up to miss any opportunity at seeing more of Gus... Oh well, I have been watching him all day.. my eyes could use the break anyway.

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jthebird1977


quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

it's up, cant figure it though

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

draigun


quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

Yeah. None of these are working for me. The one time I'm here when it changes. ;-;

lichme


quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

Seems like there is an extra letter in this one, normal URLS are 7 characters

Edit: Gone: bit.ly/1a0srFM

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Thee days o watching and waiting... I knew it would come when I was sitting on a train with no access

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

draigun


quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

http://bit.ly/1a(O/0)srJF(A/H)

I'm not understanding. The first has to be a 1, if you compare with the "l" in the bit.ly part, assuming they're the same font. I'm still lost because none of those work.

draigun


quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
lichme wrote:Edit: Gone: bit.ly/1a0srFM



WHAT!? Can someone please explain?

jthebird1977


quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977
draigun wrote:WHAT!? Can someone please explain?



Looks like the 2nd hump of the M is smudged.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

draigun


quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

It's not even about the M. How does this:


Make a singular F?

gti87


quality posts: 4 Private Messages gti87
draigun wrote:WHAT!? Can someone please explain?



Dude I'm right there with you. I'm all about a challenge but this is absolutely ridiculous! The F is crazy fancy, but sure, maybe I can see that. But the M??!! In no way is that M visible.



shortman


quality posts: 43 Private Messages shortman

I never would have guessed that to be an M. Oh well. I tried a million things, but no M there.

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

I knew this was going to happen so I shouldn't be surprised...

Watch and refresh and keep my twitter feed open for three days straight through work and evenings....

Didn't really stand a chance, just like the bday event and the last wootoff.. living on the west coast there is a definite disadvantage of latency.. and when you're dealing with 5 offers, they will be gone 99.9 times out of 100 before the page refreshes on the west coast.. Latency will kill the west coast every time there is a trickle sale with super limited quantities...

Here is a great article that explains how folks on the west coast are simply at a disadvantage..

http://www.serviceassurancedaily.com/2008/06/latency-and-jitter/

And here is a great blurm from the same article..

Distance Delay is simply the minimum amount of time that it takes the electrical signals that represent bits to travel down the physical wire. Optical cable sends bits at about ~5.5 µs/km, copper cable sends it at ~5.606 µs/km, and satellite sends bits at ~3.3 µs/km. (There are a few additional microseconds of delay from amplifying repeaters in optical cable, but compared to distance, the delay is negligible.)

Distance delay can have a significant impact on application performance for applications that require a large number of network round trips in order to complete a transaction – for example, custom transactional based applications, database queries, and VoIP, which begins do degrade when one-way end-to-end latency exceeds 200-220 milliseconds.

That said, I did like the bday game, as well as the code flash during the last wootoff - I think it was a good start, however, simply plopping a link on the page without making folks at least search a bit does in fact give the west coast wooters a significant disadvantage...

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

I am predicting a screeching halt to the Phat Goose wine sales now that Fat Gus is no more.

The last 3 videos were released when I was busy spending time with my family. I guess I should be proud of myself for not letting this contest get in the way of what is really important. Still would have liked to get a Bandolier of Carrots. Congrats to all that did!

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
renrutnairbwoot wrote:I am predicting a screeching halt to the Phat Goose wine sales now that Fat Gus is no more.

The last 3 videos were released when I was busy spending time with my family. I guess I should be proud of myself for not letting this contest get in the way of what is really important. Still would have liked to get a Bandolier of Carrots. Congrats to all that did!



Quality post!!

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Mine shipped. Should arrive sometime early next week.

3.7 lbs - 13x10x8 in.

I just cross my fingers that it's not what I got in the copy paste which was 3.9 lbs 14x10x8 in. Actually the contents were pretty good last time. Not mind blowing but pretty happy.

\

tanios


quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios

Okay, so Rhode Island allows direct shipping now. When is it going to be added to the shippable states list so I can get me some Fat Gus... I mean, Phat Goose?

Shut up and SHIP ME WINE!

stev2424


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stev2424

I guess I have a life can't check all day. May be next time. I have 2 Bandolier of Carrots from 1 1/2 years ago.

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
tanios wrote:Okay, so Rhode Island allows direct shipping now. When is it going to be added to the shippable states list so I can get me some Fat Gus... I mean, Phat Goose?

Shut up and SHIP ME WINE!



I don't know the specifics of Rhode Island, but just because it allows it does not mean that the winery has a license to ship there. RI may have set it up so it is uber expensive for the winery. Check back as the ships to list varies based on each offer.

wishywashy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wishywashy

Received "Bag" today.

1 Crab Bag
1 Flu & Germ Protection Face Masks
1 Yellow Slap Bracelet with "Faith"
1 Kids 12 shirt with boba fett puppy(see sanctus' post above)
2 loose titleist golf balls (refinished)
1 3m Fuel System Tune-Up Kit #08963

great bag, ThankS! woot!

connorbush


quality posts: 2 Private Messages connorbush

YAY! 12 pack of fat gus in transit! I am so impressed that it shipped asap. My last order took over a week to ship!

brettbear72


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brettbear72

More Fat Gus? I'll drink to that!

lmensor


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor

Received my bag, it was from the first round of the video. Very similar to sanctusreal's and wishywashy's:

1 crab bag
1 flu & germ protection face masks
1 black slap bracelet
1 kids 12 shirt with boba fett puppy (Boba Fetch)
1 dark blue bath mat (who at woot has a camera in my home to know what color to send? it matches the upstairs hall bath perfectly!)
1 regulation size basketball

Thanks woot!!!

jthebird1977


quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977



1 Crab Bag
1 Moss Green Bath Mat
1 Flu & Germ Facemasks
1 Zombie Motel Shirt Size K10
1 First Aid Kit

It's funny, I was just saying how we needed a first aid kit at the house. Once again, WOOT! reads minds...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jon98gn


quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

I'll have to come back and update later because TT loves photos/videos, but my 3.7 lb brick of chocolate.

- 6 Bags of Texas Air
- 1 Crabby Bag
- 1 Slap Bracelet
- 1 Pair of Tupak Section 8 Buds
- 1 Red Insulated hot/cold cup
- 1 HoHoHo Santa Hand Painted Christmas Glass Cup
- 1 Size 12 Kids Triage Shirt (Penguin with Orca eating him)
- 1 5-in-1 Emergency Safety Survival Kit
- 1 Flu & Germ Kit
- 1 Incipio iPhone 5 Case (Yay for no new size changes)
- 1 Zebra Print Towel

I made out like a bandit with tons of goodies. Thanks Woot!

\

thumperchick


quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Aww yeah, my Fat Gus Booty of Cheer arrived today!


My haul:
J&J First Aid Kit
Flu & Germ protection supplies
Crab Bag
Slaplet (pink slap bracelet, minus the sharp metal edges of doom)
Accessories pack for the Slaplet
Kids sized woot shirt, AA, size 10 (Always Leave a Note)
Lancaster Pen (I think it's THIS ONE)

ryancorlew


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryancorlew

How long is it taking this Phat Goose to ship? I ordered mine on the 5th and still have not received tracking info...