WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot Cellars Phat Goose Party

Drain the Phat Goose to see more of Fat Gus...

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1595 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars Phat Goose Party

Woot Cellars Phat Goose With Shirt 3-Pack
$39.99
2011 Woot Cellars Phat Goose Red Blend, Central Coast

Woot Cellars Phat Goose With Shirt 6-Pack
$59.99

Woot Cellars Phat Goose With Shirt Case
$99.99

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I think this video might just be more disturbing than Sexy Arbor Day.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Case, shipped for $9.50 per bottle. Very tempting. I might have to pop another bottle this weekend and see if this thing has mellowed a bit since my last taste.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

My CT note (from 12/26/12):

I have very limited experience with Grenache, but if you had asked me what the majority of this blend was made of, I would have guessed Cab Franc, not Grenache. To me it seemed to have the body of a grenache or pinot noir, but the flavor profile of a cab franc. Medium to lighter bodied, with peppery, vegital notes (green pepper) on the palate. I think some of the more prominent green notes blew off after being opened for a little while and more fruit started showing through. I didn't get a lot of oak on this, but often-times I taste that more as a peppery note than an oak note, so it could be present here.

I definitely liked this better after some air time, and in the future will decant before drinking. This was a nice easy drinker and solid QPR. I'm sure this will be fine for a few years, but I don't see this evolving much over that time.

My CT

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:I think this video might just be more disturbing than Sexy Arbor Day.

I still have nightmares about maple syrup. +1 for Sexy Arbor Day as more disturbing.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Can we sell you back our Phat Goose to get the level back up? Please???

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

And if we want two shirts, we need to order 2 sets, right?

Or is it only one shirt per offer?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:And if we want two shirts, we need to order 2 sets, right?

Or is it only one shirt per offer?

One shirt per quantity ordered. So if you buy two sets, you'll get two shirts.

North316

blaculadave wrote:One shirt per quantity ordered. So if you buy two sets, you'll get two shirts.

Then it should let you pick two different shirt sizes...which it does not.

My CT

North316

Btw, I would definitely be in on the case if there was a deal offered without the shirt at $12 less (cost of shirt.woot?). I don't need more woot.shirts....

My CT

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

North316 wrote:Then it should let you pick two different shirt sizes...which it does not.

That's a side effect of the shopping cart. If you need two different sizes, add the 1st size to your cart, then go back, change the size, and add the 2nd to your cart.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
blaculadave wrote:That's a side effect of the shopping cart. If you need two different sizes, add the 1st size to your cart, then go back, change the size, and add the 2nd to your cart.

Side effect is a kind term to use. I would choose something a little more on point. Poor design comes to mind.

And the wine. I ended up with two bottles of this. The 1st I didn't get a drop of. The 2nd I enjoyed but not enough for a repurchase though. The shirts pretty cool though.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
ThunderThighs wrote:I think this video might just be more disturbing than Sexy Arbor Day.

After seeing the pictures, I felt no need to actually watch the video

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Wow.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Closed down the wootception with a bottle of this shared by other wooters, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I cannot say that my taste buds were in prime shape by the end of the night but still 99 bucks a case is a killer deal if you like GSM's. It's not going to compete with France but it's a pretty good Tuesday night wine for the price!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Do you have woot Counseling available for those of us that watched the video?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsevern wrote:Do you have woot Counseling available for those of us that watched the video?

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Just wait. From the description of what's coming, it's going to get more disturbing as the wine sells. I think Sparky might have a good idea:

MarkDaSpark wrote:Can we sell you back our Phat Goose to get the level back up? Please???
"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:

I think we need something more like this ...

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Just wait. From the description of what's coming, it's going to get more disturbing as the wine sells. ...

That's what I'm afraid of ....

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid

Fire the marketing guy behind this idea.

MarkDaSpark

Geniekid wrote:Fire the marketing guy behind this idea.

Fire? Firing is too good for him/her!!!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I had to buy this because I love this wine. I don't really need to see Fat Gus in the tub any more, but he seems like a fun-loving guy so he should come to a woot gathering - fully dressed.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

whoa.

sanctusreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanctusreal

I cant make out the bit.ly URL

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor
sanctusreal wrote:I cant make out the bit.ly URL

I think I made it out fine, I just can't get it to work, not sure what's wrong.

sanctusreal

lmensor wrote:I think I made it out fine, I just can't get it to work, not sure what's wrong.

Ok, so maybe youre having issues too

sanctusreal

Is the first letter a 1 or an I

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
bsevern wrote:Closed down the wootception with a bottle of this shared by other wooters, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I cannot say that my taste buds were in prime shape by the end of the night but still 99 bucks a case is a killer deal if you like GSM's. It's not going to compete with France but it's a pretty good Tuesday night wine for the price!

Yeah, that bottle was solid. Quite enjoyable at the end of a night of partying, even with a shot palate.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

lmensor

sanctusreal wrote:Is the first letter a 1 or an I

I thought it was a 1 but I've tried them both and a lower case l but nothing seems to work.

sanctusreal

lmensor wrote:I thought it was a 1 but I've tried them both and a lower case l but nothing seems to work.

Frustrating

sanctusreal

Come on woot, im begging for some Hi-Def Fat Gus!

sanctusreal

http://bit.ly/1DRQMS7

thats what my non robot eyes are seeing

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

It is a 1 (one). Let me also go ahead and tell you: Capitalization matters in bitly links, and the differentiation is subtle in the near-illegible font we used here.

lmensor

sanctusreal wrote:http://bit.ly/1DRQMS7

thats what my non robot eyes are seeing

That is exactly what it looks like to me too.

lmensor

matthew wrote:It is a 1 (one). Let me also go ahead and tell you: Capitalization matters in bitly links, and the differentiation is subtle in the near-illegible font we used here.

Thanks!! I figured it out! Woo hoooooooooo!! WOOT WOOT!!

sanctusreal

lmensor wrote:Thanks!! I figured it out! Woo hoooooooooo!! WOOT WOOT!!

Me too...Thanks Woot! Im gonna love me my Box of Chardonnay

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
lmensor wrote:Thanks!! I figured it out! Woo hoooooooooo!! WOOT WOOT!!

So you did! All gone now.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

I still can't even figure out the link. My eyes.... my eyes...

\