mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:Hmmm, pickup party in Paso or Amador. Could do Paso, but enjoyed Amador and would have liked more time for Calveras. Decisions, decisions.

You better go, I'll be in town on the 2nd and again on the 8th. ;)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Hmmm, pickup party in Paso or Amador. Could do Paso, but enjoyed Amador and would have liked more time for Calveras. Decisions, decisions.

Oh so now it won't be so hard to get people out to Calaveras again?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

cheron98 wrote:Oh so now it won't be so hard to get people out to Calaveras again?

No, I'll be in LA on the 2nd and 8th (and SD in between). Therefor Mark should plan to leave town lest he leaves it up to the universe to do something to one of us to prevent whatever it is would happen if our paths crossed.

I still don't have time to get up to wine country :/

Edit: Actually that's not 100% true, I might have half a day free while I'm up in Sacramento next month... Where to sneak off to...

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink
mother wrote:
Edit: Actually that's not 100% true, I might have half a day free while I'm up in Sacramento next month... Where to sneak off to...

Lodi is close. We had a good time tasting there between Calaveras and Napa.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, the airlines will only take it if it is tightly packed in the packing used for shipping by UPS/FedEx/etc. I pretty much always make sure to utilize a foam box, and not just one of the ones with the cardboard inserts just to make sure (don't want them saying the cardboard isn't enough). And even then, depending on who you deal with at the counter, you still often have to spend time trying to convince them you do this ALL the time, and this is an appropriate packing useable for wine.

Perhaps it's time to change your signature?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
cheron98 wrote:our wine at my parents house may no longer be safe. i got a text followed by a call from dad asking if petite sirah would work with chicken kebabs. i intervened and downgraded the tannins...

my parents are drinking wine without me and unprompted by me.

And perhaps your sig needs updating, too.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:No, I'll be in LA on the 2nd and 8th (and SD in between). Therefor Mark should plan to leave town lest he leaves it up to the universe to do something to one of us to prevent whatever it is would happen if our paths crossed.

So it was a good thing I missed the Clambake??

Besides, we need to have a gathering to celebrate "Clash of the Titanics"!

One question ... Mud or Jello?

Edit: Plus, it's not like I can go to the Amador one on Nov. 2nd, and Paso on Nov. 9th. It's one or the other dude!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Oh so now it won't be so hard to get people out to Calaveras again?

Of course it will!! I just need to pick a hotel not in Sutter Creek, so I haz cell reception!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
mother wrote:No, I'll be in LA on the 2nd and 8th (and SD in between). Therefor Mark should plan to leave town lest he leaves it up to the universe to do something to one of us to prevent whatever it is would happen if our paths crossed.

If you're around we can hold a gathering in your honour! OR we could do the long-awaited gathering at Ron's while you're in SD.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:You couldn't just repost your whole thing, rather than redirecting people to the old Pub? What if someone then replies to your post there? They'll yet again be bumping the old pub. For shame....

But bumping the old pub can be so much fun!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg

It won't be hard to get mommadeb and bahwm and me out there. We have more trails in the Calaveras Big Tree State Park to cover. And unlike Sparky, I don't mind the peacefulness of no cell reception.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:It won't be hard to get mommadeb and bahwm and me out there. We have more trails in the Calaveras Big Tree State Park to cover. And unlike Sparky, I don't mind the peacefulness of no cell reception.

Yes, it is peaceful. But then again, so is the grave!

And it wasn't peaceful when receiving a dozen (so it seemed) notifications when passing thru Jackson everytime!

Edit: ThunderThighs!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:But bumping the old pub can be so much fun!

MarkDaSpark

And is anyone following the Shirt Woot-Off?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
cheron98 wrote:my parents are drinking wine without me and unprompted by me.

Having a married daughter can have that affect.

My MIL started drinking after my wedding...

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:

The pot or the kettle; we kept your B-day week pub alive, how long?

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:
Edit: Plus, it's not like I can go to the Amador one on Nov. 2nd, and Paso on Nov. 9th. It's one or the other dude!

So what's your excuse for skipping Vegas this weekend again?

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:So what's your excuse for skipping Vegas this weekend again?

I haven't been home for several weekends in a row, and my house misses me.

Edit: And if I go, it will miss me two more weekends in a row!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:And is anyone following the Shirt Woot-Off?

I like the one that's up now with kitty atop a pile of bones. But I think it's a bit much, I'd probably never wear it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, it is peaceful. But then again, so is the grave!

And it wasn't peaceful when receiving a dozen (so it seemed) notifications when passing thru Jackson everytime!

Edit: ThunderThighs!!!!!

Took you long enough to notice. You had 3-4 posts before you said anything. Sheesh.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:I like the one that's up now with kitty atop a pile of bones. But I think it's a bit much, I'd probably never wear it.

I was tempted, especially with the Unicorn Horn sold with it, but those sold out, and just the shirt wasn't worth it.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:

Took you long enough to notice. You had 3-4 posts before you said anything. Sheesh.

Because why would I need to read my own posts?

And it wasn't like I was making those posts in the same place! Was trying to find the post from the RPM Tour last year for the main thread.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Because why would I need to read my own posts?

And it wasn't like I was making those posts in the same place! Was trying to find the post from the RPM Tour last year.

Pffffft. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

Wines in Movies!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Pffffft. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

chemvictim

Umm...weren't all the woot shirts $15 earlier today, and now there is a $3 coupon but the shirts are now $18? lol

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
chemvictim wrote:Umm...weren't all the woot shirts $15 earlier today, and now there is a $3 coupon but the shirts are now $18? lol

It's a deal!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ddeuddeg wrote:Dinner tonight with Jeff and Mary Stai, mommadeb, and bahwm at Alchemy in Murphys, after an afternoon of hiking (strolling) amongst the giant sequoias in Calaveras Big Tree State Park. We are so happy that we decided to spend an extra day here. Food was great, beer and wine excellent, but the company made it all so much better. Alas, heading home tomorrow. We'll be back.

was a very awesome time!! thanks again for letting me tag along!

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, the airlines will only take it if it is tightly packed in the packing used for shipping by UPS/FedEx/etc. I pretty much always make sure to utilize a foam box, and not just one of the ones with the cardboard inserts just to make sure (don't want them saying the cardboard isn't enough). And even then, depending on who you deal with at the counter, you still often have to spend time trying to convince them you do this ALL the time, and this is an appropriate packing useable for wine.

I got extra luck this time... told the guy at Southwest curbside check in wine was in Styrofoam, and the Styrofoam is in a plastic bag... he didn't even open it to check..

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:It won't be hard to get mommadeb and bahwm and me out there. We have more trails in the Calaveras Big Tree State Park to cover. And unlike Sparky, I don't mind the peacefulness of no cell reception.

I was just going to reply...I would love to go back!

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:Umm...weren't all the woot shirts $15 earlier today, and now there is a $3 coupon but the shirts are now $18? lol

Says it's $12 for the Woot-Off shirts ....

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
MarkDaSpark wrote:And is anyone following the Shirt Woot-Off?

Do they offer Cab?

chemvictim

MarkDaSpark wrote:Says it's $12 for the Woot-Off shirts ....

Yeah, this $3 off code was a detour. Or something.

mommadeb1

we got a call that a company we shop online with (credit card company wouldn't tell us who). had been hacked and our cc might be compromised.. so once again we will be getting new cards... good thing this didn't happen during this past weekend!!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
joelsisk wrote:Having a married daughter can have that affect.

My MIL started drinking after my wedding...

My older sister was married 13 years ago, so it's not that. The shocker is that these are the parents to whom alcohol is the devil. Or was.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

molarchae

quality posts: 4 Private Messages molarchae
cheron98 wrote:My older sister was married 13 years ago, so it's not that. The shocker is that these are the parents to whom alcohol is the devil. Or was.

They just saw the light. That's all.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:we got a call that a company we shop online with (credit card company wouldn't tell us who). had been hacked and our cc might be compromised.. so once again we will be getting new cards... good thing this didn't happen during this past weekend!!

Are you sure it didn't happen this past weekend?

MarkDaSpark

mother

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Are you sure it didn't happen this past weekend?

don't think so.. they said an online merchant..at least that's what I think mr. Mommadeb told me