jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

We will be hosting a Wine & Appetizer gathering on Friday, September 20th, starting at 7pm. All wine wooters are welcome. Send me a PM for more information. Location: Lemont.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes

Hi JMD-

I popped you an e-mail earlier...I am hoping to make it. The only thing that will hold me back is if I have a work-related social commitment (retirement party), which I should know about relatively soon. Please let me know if I can bring anything. Hope to see you then. I'll probably need your address again. I know I have it, I'm just not sure where...

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:We will be hosting a Wine & Appetizer gathering on Friday, September 20th, starting at 7pm. All wine wooters are welcome. Send me a PM for more information. Location: Lemont.

Only a little over 2 weeks to this event. Are there any wine wooters left in Chicago?

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
jmdavidson wrote:Only a little over 2 weeks to this event. Are there any wine wooters left in Chicago?

Anniversary party for parents is on the 22nd but I still have to get confirmation on a birthday dinner, I am so close to coming. Should know this week.

Are you going to Binny's tasting at Arlington next week? Unfortunately the list isn't too impressive, mostly low cost wines, but I'm to taste some vino and play the ponies. Should be fun anyway.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

jmdavidson

funbunny wrote:Anniversary party for parents is on the 22nd but I still have to get confirmation on a birthday dinner, I am so close to coming. Should know this week.

Are you going to Binny's tasting at Arlington next week? Unfortunately the list isn't too impressive, mostly low cost wines, but I'm to taste some vino and play the ponies. Should be fun anyway.

No, we have a wedding that day. We did sign up for the Mainstreet VIP tasting in November.

funbunny

jmdavidson wrote:No, we have a wedding that day. We did sign up for the Mainstreet VIP tasting in November.

Wow..those tickets are already up for sale. Time is a flying.

karenhynes

funbunny wrote:Wow..those tickets are already up for sale. Time is a flying.

I know!!! I think they posted a bit earlier than previous events. The Spring tasting sold out (VIP) about 10 days before the event, if I recall correctly. I think that's the first time I'd seen it sell out more than a day or so before the event. It looks like it is gaining a lot of popularity!

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier

Not sure if this event is on everyone's radar so I thought I would mention it.
Waterleaf Food and Wine Festival at the College of Dupage, Sept. 14th.
http://www.cod.edu/w/food_wine.htm

funbunny

dlschier wrote:Not sure if this event is on everyone's radar so I thought I would mention it.
Waterleaf Food and Wine Festival at the College of Dupage, Sept. 14th.
http://www.cod.edu/w/food_wine.htm

I checked out the gallery for last years event and it looks rather swanky. Thanks for posting.

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:We will be hosting a Wine & Appetizer gathering on Friday, September 20th, starting at 7pm. All wine wooters are welcome. Send me a PM for more information. Location: Lemont.

Still looking for Chicago wine wooters to attend. C'mon, I know you're out there.

funbunny

jmdavidson wrote:Still looking for Chicago wine wooters to attend. C'mon, I know you're out there.

I'm definitely in +1. We will be there with wine and apps in hand!!!

funbunny

I put a link in the Lake County/Chicago interest thread, it seemed to still reside in the general world of wine woot area so it bumped up on that board.

Also, this is officially #17 from what I had counted.

jmdavidson

funbunny wrote:I'm definitely in +1. We will be there with wine and apps in hand!!!

Because we had so many app's last year, I am asking that you bring either an app or a bottle, your choice, instead of both. Glad you can make it.

Thanks for putting the link in the Lake County thread.

jmdavidson

This event will still take place this Friday, just like the one we hosted last year. As of today, 30 friends and friends of friends are coming. So, a great turnout is expected. Only limited Wine Woot participation sofar. Last minute deciders are still welcome.

funbunny

jmdavidson wrote:This event will still take place this Friday, just like the one we hosted last year. As of today, 30 friends and friends of friends are coming. So, a great turnout is expected. Only limited Wine Woot participation sofar. Last minute deciders are still welcome.

I've been trying to rally the troops but I guess shame doesn't work.

I even threw out a few PM's to people mentioning Illinois residency but again, no response.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Definitely can't make this, but as I mentioned in a previous Chicago thread, I always keep my eye out for something that works with our schedule and is feasible given the 4 hour trek from Toledo.

I may even need some wootlegging if something I can't live without comes up for sale.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

karenhynes

jmdavidson wrote:This event will still take place this Friday, just like the one we hosted last year. As of today, 30 friends and friends of friends are coming. So, a great turnout is expected. Only limited Wine Woot participation sofar. Last minute deciders are still welcome.

I'm 95% sure I'll be there...and may bring Sheila along too!

jmdavidson

karenhynes wrote:I'm 95% sure I'll be there...and may bring Sheila along too!

Looking forward to drinking some good wine with you and the funbunny and her +1.

jmdavidson

North316 wrote:Definitely can't make this, but as I mentioned in a previous Chicago thread, I always keep my eye out for something that works with our schedule and is feasible given the 4 hour trek from Toledo.

I may even need some wootlegging if something I can't live without comes up for sale.

Wootleg any time.

funbunny

North316 wrote:Definitely can't make this, but as I mentioned in a previous Chicago thread, I always keep my eye out for something that works with our schedule and is feasible given the 4 hour trek from Toledo.

I'd be more than happy to wootleg.

karenhynes

karenhynes wrote:I'm 95% sure I'll be there...and may bring Sheila along too!

I am 100% in...and I am 99% sure Sheila is coming, too. We'll see you tomorrow, wine in hand!!

jmdavidson

karenhynes wrote:I am 100% in...and I am 99% sure Sheila is coming, too. We'll see you tomorrow, wine in hand!!

Great. Glad you can make it. You really don't need to bring a bottle. There will be plenty.

karenhynes

jmdavidson wrote:Great. Glad you can make it. You really don't need to bring a bottle. There will be plenty.

Sooooooo....you're saying I shouldn't bring all 15 of the bottles I've narrowed my selection down to???

jmdavidson

karenhynes wrote:Sooooooo....you're saying I shouldn't bring all 15 of the bottles I've narrowed my selection down to???

Really, just come and no wine is necessary.

funbunny

karenhynes wrote:Sooooooo....you're saying I shouldn't bring all 15 of the bottles I've narrowed my selection down to???

I'm excited about the wine I'm bringing because I bought it with a gathering in mind. Now I'm worried it will suck because I have not tried it myself but have heard nothing but rave reviews.

jmdavidson

funbunny wrote:I'm excited about the wine I'm bringing because I bought it with a gathering in mind. Now I'm worried it will suck because I have not tried it myself but have heard nothing but rave reviews.

Here's what I do "alot" when I am taking wine somewhere...decant. My drinking groups all know that I preach decanting, so they expect me to come with a decanted wine. Little do they know that in doing so I can see if the wine is any good and/or if I think they will like it. Pop it back in the bottle, recork it and all is good.

funbunny

JM -

Thank you so much for the great evening, we really had a nice time and it was also nice to see your friends, plus Michelle and Mark again. BTW - your deck is to die for and sorry if Dave used up all your kindling, as you can see he loves tending fires.

Karen, it was great to hang out with you and Shelia, I really had a nice evening.

Thanks Again!

jmdavidson

Karen, Sheila, Funbunny and +1, thanks for coming, for bringing wine and for the nice gifts. I hope everyone had enough to eat and drink. For the night, the following were opened:
2005 McClean Syrah
2006 Piazzano Rio Camurato Chianti Rsv
2009 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barbera D’Alba
2008 Diamond Ridge Cab Franc
Cooper’s Hawk Syrah/CF
Cooper’s Hawk Malbec
2009 West Hill Vyds Petite Syrah, Paso Robles
2010 Ridgeline CS AV
2009 Beaulieu Vyd CS Rutherford
2007 Twisted Oak PS
2010 Raised by Wolves Bad Moon Rising
2010 Bench CS AV
2006 Roy J. Maier CS
Tess Red/White Blend
2010 Tilenis Bierzo Mencia
2004 Muir Hanna CS NV
2011 Corte Gardoni Bardolemo Charetto
2009 I Giusti & Zanza Dulcamara Toscana IGT
1995 Le Lion D’Or Vin de Pays

+1 and I are hoping to make this an annual event. Maybe next year some additional Chicago WW'ers will make it.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:Karen, Sheila, Funbunny and +1, thanks for coming, for bringing wine and for the nice gifts. I hope everyone had enough to eat and drink. For the night, the following were opened:
2005 McClean Syrah
2006 Piazzano Rio Camurato Chianti Rsv
2009 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barbera D’Alba
2008 Diamond Ridge Cab Franc
Cooper’s Hawk Syrah/CF
Cooper’s Hawk Malbec
2009 West Hill Vyds Petite Syrah, Paso Robles
2010 Ridgeline CS AV
2009 Beaulieu Vyd CS Rutherford
2007 Twisted Oak PS
2010 Raised by Wolves Bad Moon Rising
2010 Bench CS AV
2006 Roy J. Maier CS
Tess Red/White Blend
2010 Tilenis Bierzo Mencia
2004 Muir Hanna CS NV
2011 Corte Gardoni Bardolemo Charetto
2009 I Giusti & Zanza Dulcamara Toscana IGT
1995 Le Lion D’Or Vin de Pays

+1 and I are hoping to make this an annual event. Maybe next year some additional Chicago WW'ers will make it.

But where are the pics!?

PM for ya

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:But where are the pics!?

PM for ya

No pictures in order to protect the innocent and those in the witness protection program.

funbunny

jmdavidson wrote:No pictures in order to protect the innocent and those in the witness protection program.

In other words everyone was having too much "fun" to remember a camera.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
funbunny wrote:In other words everyone was having too much "fun" to remember a camera.

You mean you couldn't focus on it?
Most newer cameras will actually do that for you...

CT

karenhynes

funbunny wrote:In other words everyone was having too much "fun" to remember a camera.

Indeed!!

Thanks again to jmd and his lovely wife for including us in a lovely evening of great wine, food, and friends. I look forward to seeing you all again in November at the Mainstreet tasting event, if not sooner!

funbunny

rjquillin wrote:You mean you couldn't focus on it?
Most newer cameras will actually do that for you...

The only thing that would have helped is if the camera magically jumped out of someone's pocket and started taking pictures. I believe everyone was too busy chatting to remember to snap pictures. We will notate for next time.

burrnini

quality posts: 10 Private Messages burrnini

I completely missed it! That's what I get for not reading the comments I hope you guys all had a great time.