WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Seeing Red

What separates red wine from white wine? Red wine's red, of course! Seriously, you should've known that, and if you didn't, here's plenty of red wine that you can place in a glass and observe for awhile. Or drink. Your choice.

Cesare

quality posts: 1695 Private Messages Cesare

Bodegas el Angosto, Spain 6-Pack
$69.99 $̶1̶0̶4̶.̶0̶0̶ 33% off List Price
2010 Barranc Del Rei Monastrell
2010 La Tribu Grenache Blend

Brack Mountain Enos Girasole Red Blend 4-Pack
$62.99 $̶1̶1̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 47% off List Price
2008 Enos Girasole, Dry Creek Valley and Chalk Hill

Martian Ranch 2009 Santa Ynez Syrah 6-Pack
$67.99 $̶1̶6̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 58% off List Price
2009 Martian Ranch Syrah, Santa Ynez Valley

Woot Cellars 2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber 4-Pack
$54.99
2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

The Brack Mountain sounds delicious.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I'd like to see Red ............as in Cabernet

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:The Brack Mountain sounds delicious.

have you had it? the combo looks good

kylemittskus

fredrinaldi wrote:have you had it? the combo looks good

I haven't. I like the blend, I like the numbers, and I like the production practices. If I weren't already in trouble for buying one of the mailers (Halcon), I'd be in for a set.

texacaliali

quality posts: 137 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Hi everyone. Yes, this is a really delicious offering. It's a blend of our 41 year old Cabernet Sauvignon along West Dry Creek (hillside vineyard facing NW) and a very small block of Sangiovese from Chalk Hill we found. The Girasole has been a staple for us at the winery - in terms of what we drink weekly at home! It's a true labor of love sprung from our fascination of Super Tuscans - a deep dark wine with a perfect and beautiful balance of fruit and acid. This is a serious red!

Happy to offer these on Woot Plus for the first time! Cheers - Ali

WineDavid was my Boss!

kylemittskus

kylemittskus wrote:I haven't. I like the blend, I like the numbers, and I like the production practices. If I weren't already in trouble for buying one of the mailers (Halcon), I'd be in for a set.

Plus it's Ali's wine. I'd call this a definite buy.

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:Plus it's Ali's wine. I'd call this a definite buy.

blushing! thank you!

WineDavid was my Boss!

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
kylemittskus wrote:The Brack Mountain sounds delicious.

It is! I bought 4 bottles of this directly from the winery and they disappeared (never happens in my house - that usually takes years). I looked in my CT to see which vintage and they were all consumed so I'll be restocking. This is also a great price. My earlier purchase was at a discount from the winery and they were $19 a bottle so this is a no-brainier.

I also wish I hadn't missed the Fable Rose of Charbono during the woot off. I definitely would have bought that as well.

I've been really impressed by the Enos/Brack Mountain labels. I haven't found much I don't like. And some are actually available in Texas thanks to Ali's roots here!

Fred - if you have a chance, try the Bench Cabernet. Complex and beautiful for a very reasonable price. Excellent QPR.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

kylemittskus

pcuccaro wrote:I also wish I hadn't missed the Fable Rose of Charbono during the woot off. I definitely would have bought that as well.

It never showed so stay tuned (maybe?).

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
kylemittskus wrote:It never showed so stay tuned (maybe?).

I thought I did see it when I was reviewing the list of wines I couldn't buy. I'll take a look.

Edit: now that I've read the discussion, I see what you mean.

pcuccaro

kylemittskus wrote:It never showed so stay tuned (maybe?).

It was in the middle of the night and none were sold. I think folks would have purchased if it had been during the day when people who know the wine could have provided some info. I've had it and it's a beautiful rosé. I have 2008 in my cellar and would have been happy to add 2009.

Maybe WineDavid will offer it again as a deal of the day.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

fredrinaldi

pcuccaro wrote:It is! I bought 4 bottles of this directly from the winery and they disappeared (never happens in my house - that usually takes years). I looked in my CT to see which vintage and they were all consumed so I'll be restocking. This is also a great price. My earlier purchase was at a discount from the winery and they were $19 a bottle so this is a no-brainier.

I also wish I hadn't missed the Fable Rose of Charbono during the woot off. I definitely would have bought that as well.

I've been really impressed by the Enos/Brack Mountain labels. I haven't found much I don't like. And some are actually available in Texas thanks to Ali's roots here!

Fred - if you have a chance, try the Bench Cabernet. Complex and beautiful for a very reasonable price. Excellent QPR.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1073458

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson
fredrinaldi wrote:http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1073458

At $13, a nice price. But, shipping for 4 to IL is $20, or $72 + tax. This deal is $63 + $7, or $70 + tax, so slightly better. Thanks Fred for trying though.

fredrinaldi

jmdavidson wrote:At $13, a nice price. But, shipping for 4 to IL is $20, or $72 + tax. This deal is $63 + $7, or $70 + tax, so slightly better. Thanks Fred for trying though.

Different wine, the one I responded to was a Cab Pcuccaro referenced in an earlier post, "Bench Cabernet"

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

fredrinaldi wrote:http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1073458

no idea why that's up on the K&L site...that was 3 vintages ago. Currently selling the 2011 - http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1134622

Bench - chard, pinot noir and cabernet have all been best-sellers for them, at zero discount.

Also - yes, the Rosé of Charbono was not scheduled correctly, so an encore appearance should be on the way...soon. I flippin' love this Rosé too.

WineDavid was my Boss!

pcuccaro

texacaliali wrote:Also - yes, the Rosé of Charbono was not scheduled correctly, so an encore appearance should be on the way...soon. I flippin' love this Rosé too.

That's excellent news! I'll keep my eyes open for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Italian proverb

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
texacaliali wrote:no idea why that's up on the K&L site...that was 3 vintages ago. Currently selling the 2011 - http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1134622

Bench - chard, pinot noir and cabernet have all been best-sellers for them, at zero discount.

Also - yes, the Rosé of Charbono was not scheduled correctly, so an encore appearance should be on the way...soon. I flippin' love this Rosé too.

Maybe Bench can make on appearance on woot?

"The older I get the better I was"

spcjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spcjones

I've ordered wine from Woot once and had no issues shipping it to NV. Why is it that the Woot Cellars wine won't ship to NV now?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spcjones wrote:I've ordered wine from Woot once and had no issues shipping it to NV. Why is it that the Woot Cellars wine won't ship to NV now?

Woot Cellars wines are made for us by a winery. Shipment of that wine depends on the licensing of that winery. They must have a license for each state they ship to.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

My brief CT notes on the Woot Cellars Pour, Pour Me Fruit Bomber Zin;
"In your face heat, fruit and spice. Big jammy zin with grippy tannins."

I gave it a score of 87 because I enjoy big jammy zins. Otherwise it would have been closer to 84.

EDIT: Pushed the big orange button on the Enos Brack Mountain Girasole to get combined shipping with the Clary Ranch Syrah. Looking forward to trying this one and will be keeping an eye out for the Rosé of Charbono.

chipgreen

The winery info tab on the Martian Ranch Santa Ynez Syrah is still incorrectly showing Greg Martellotto as the winemaker, just as it has the last several times this wine was offered.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

Re; 2008 Enos Girasole, Dry Creek Valley and Chalk Hill

A brown monkey did not mysteriously drop off a bottle of this. No, I was in a Whole Foods looking over their wine selection and I was somewhat surprised to see this on their shelves. Price: $18. I could not resist buying a bottle of this, as well as a bottle of 2010 Bench CS (but that is another review in the making).

PnP: noticed a little oak and some fresh berries, perhaps strawberry or raspberry. Color: light magenta, with more lightness around the edges. After swirling, legs form and decend slowly down the sides of the burgundy wine glass. First taste reveals cherry and pepper, with a tart finish. Overall, very light flavors. Not surprising that this is sangio and CS.

After an hour in the decanter, I revisit this with dinner, which includes bbq chicken, corn on the cob and broccoli. The flavor profile is pretty much unchanged; i.e. cherry, berry and pepper. But what has changed is that the wine is now very much smoother and the tart finish from before has mellowed. The finish is dry, somewhat like when you have a glass of tea without sugar.

Overall, +1 and I really enjoyed this with dinner and after dinner. The bottle is now empty. If I hadn't picked up four bottles, this would have been a WW buy for me.

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

jmdavidson wrote:Re; 2008 Enos Girasole, Dry Creek Valley and Chalk Hill

A brown monkey did not mysteriously drop off a bottle of this. No, I was in a Whole Foods looking over their wine selection and I was somewhat surprised to see this on their shelves. Price: $18. I could not resist buying a bottle of this, as well as a bottle of 2010 Bench CS (but that is another review in the making).

PnP: noticed a little oak and some fresh berries, perhaps strawberry or raspberry. Color: light magenta, with more lightness around the edges. After swirling, legs form and decend slowly down the sides of the burgundy wine glass. First taste reveals cherry and pepper, with a tart finish. Overall, very light flavors. Not surprising that this is sangio and CS.

After an hour in the decanter, I revisit this with dinner, which includes bbq chicken, corn on the cob and broccoli. The flavor profile is pretty much unchanged; i.e. cherry, berry and pepper. But what has changed is that the wine is now very much smoother and the tart finish from before has mellowed. The finish is dry, somewhat like when you have a glass of tea without sugar.

Overall, +1 and I really enjoyed this with dinner and after dinner. The bottle is now empty. If I hadn't picked up four bottles, this would have been a WW buy for me.

Right On! Thank you for the review, I am showing it in the West Texas market this week and making a ton of new placements each day. A true beauty.

WineDavid was my Boss!

enosvineyards

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enosvineyards

Thank you everyone for your support! This is a wine that is close to our hearts...and lips! When our family is all together, we love to pick as much as we can from our garden, (ask Texacali Ali about our famous purple potatoes) turn on the grill, and grab a bottle of wine...Girasole is frequently the wine of choice for these occasions. I hope you enjoy!
Jason Enos

chipgreen

pcuccaro wrote:It was in the middle of the night and none were sold. I think folks would have purchased if it had been during the day when people who know the wine could have provided some info. I've had it and it's a beautiful rosé. I have 2008 in my cellar and would have been happy to add 2009.

Maybe WineDavid will offer it again as a deal of the day.

...and so he has