0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Wellington Cab can't ship to NY...Now I'm having a real upset!

kevlarklh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevlarklh

FINALLY some Wellington. Ahh yeah! gimme 3

kennyg1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kennyg1

WE makes it a Cellar Selection with a score of 89, saying the highly tannic structure suggests great potential if you lay it down for a couple of years.

shohei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shohei

Seems like one of the better woot offs in a bit. Of course I live in NY so...

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

This makes it a 3 or 4 year vertical. (Need to update CT.)

Can't pass on Wellington, Kent Rasmussen, Scott Harvey, ... WD you are pulling back in big time.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

svwindom

quality posts: 12 Private Messages svwindom

Between the Scott Harvey yesterday and the Wellington today, my credit card is getting a serious workout. Please don't tell my husband.

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

I was doing such a great job holding out during this wootoff, but I can't pass up Mr. Wellington's wines. I would have a three year vertical but I think I may have drunk the 2006 last week . . .

Unfortunately no notes on the 2006 (large dinner party), but it was great. Solid tannin but has mellowed a bit since I first tried it a year or so ago. Unfortunately cannot provide much more detail as we'd been drinking for a while. . .

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

I would like to buy this but I'm stuffed to the brim with wine. I'm making room but probably can't purchase any more reds until September.

CT

oncman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oncman

Interesting stats. 98%> 1 year
76% >25 woots
25% more than 1

That ought to tell you something!
In for two.

pienka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pienka

I haven't bought off of a wootoff in a long time. Do we no longer get free shipping once we've bought once? I bought some wine earlier thinking I'd get free shipping all day....what happened? Did that change?

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

Wellington wines are an autobuy for me. In for 3.

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

enigmaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos

What happened to NY? :'(

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I'm in

tanios

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios

Rhode Island finally has direct shipping. Can we please get Wine.Woot updated so I don't have to keep jumping through hoops to get my wine. In other words, what does it take to get Rhode Island listed as a legitimate shipping location?

fredrinaldi wrote:I'm in

mproulx49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mproulx49

I'm in too. Always happy to add to my Wellington stash

Merlynxlii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Merlynxlii
pienka wrote:I haven't bought off of a wootoff in a long time. Do we no longer get free shipping once we've bought once? I bought some wine earlier thinking I'd get free shipping all day....what happened? Did that change?

This changed a few months ago when Woot implemented their 'Cart' program. See details at: http://www.woot.com/blog/post/the-art-of-cart-your-guide-to-the-new-woot-shopping-cart

The extra shipping for same day orders reduces some of the highs of a Woot-off, unfortunately.

azn137

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azn137

Dude, this problem with shipping to NY is driving bananas.

rwinerr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwinerr

I thought everyone (well pratically)shipped to NY
Huh!?!

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
oncman wrote:Interesting stats. 98%> 1 year
76% >25 woots
25% more than 1

That ought to tell you something!
In for two.

^^^ Truth.
But what's the deal with this at oh-dark-thirty for the left coast?

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
tanios wrote:Rhode Island finally has direct shipping. Can we please get Wine.Woot updated so I don't have to keep jumping through hoops to get my wine. In other words, what does it take to get Rhode Island listed as a legitimate shipping location?

Each winery needs a license to ship to your state, so unless the winery has a license to ship to the Ocean State, you're still out of luck. Given that it's a woot-off, there may not be time to ask Peter if it's an oversight.

we New Yorkers are SOL until such time as wine.woot gets clarification of some state regulatory question marks that recently became known. So who knows. It's been a heckuva wootoff to have to watch from the sidelines.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
tanios wrote:Rhode Island finally has direct shipping. Can we please get Wine.Woot updated so I don't have to keep jumping through hoops to get my wine. In other words, what does it take to get Rhode Island listed as a legitimate shipping location?

It's not a Wine Woot problem. Each winery has obtain their own license. If RI is not listed as a ship-to-state, it is because the winery has not obtained a license to ship there, not because of anything WW has done.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
InFrom wrote:Each winery needs a license to ship to your state, so unless the winery has a license to ship to the Ocean State, you're still out of luck. Given that it's a woot-off, there may not be time to ask Peter if it's an oversight.

we New Yorkers are SOL until such time as wine.woot gets clarification of some state regulatory question marks that recently became known. So who knows. It's been a heckuva wootoff to have to watch from the sidelines.

Beat me to it.

As for your last sentence, everyone keeps saying this has been a great woot-off, but I still disagree. There have been offers from great wineries, but it is nothing new, all re-hashes from very recent offerings so not much tempting.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cashflowdh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cashflowdh
randysanders wrote:Wellington Cab can't ship to NY...Now I'm having a real upset!

It doesn't say it can't ship to NY? I am in NY and order from woot regularly.
Dave

InFrom

North316 wrote:Beat me to it.

As for your last sentence, everyone keeps saying this has been a great woot-off, but I still disagree. There have been offers from great wineries, but it is nothing new, all re-hashes from very recent offerings so not much tempting.

I feel better -- I guess...? I suppose you're right, it's just the cumulative effect. My friends at work love to split a case of that Copa cab, and they've been know to scarf up that Tasi as well, so it's disappointing not to be able to pick some up for the gang, and some of the better-quality stuff as well. That, coupled with with the excellent side deal this week (though the winery is working that one out with interested NYers), and some of the deals from last week when this business all started, has left me with an overall feeling of deprivation. There have been a number of tempting things.

InFrom

cashflowdh wrote:It doesn't say it can't ship to NY? I am in NY and order from woot regularly.
Dave

Please read my post above yours.

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith
North316 wrote:It's not a Wine Woot problem. Each winery has obtain their own license. If RI is not listed as a ship-to-state, it is because the winery has not obtained a license to ship there, not because of anything WW has done.

Here is an interesting situation. I would love to buy wine directly from Wellington but I live in Tennessee and Wellington does not have a license to ship to my state; however, I can buy Wellington wines from Woot.com. How is this possible??

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

gmcdonne16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmcdonne16
rjquillin wrote:^^^ Truth.

Well, I'm in Afghanistan (+9.5 hours) shipping to Louisiana and stocking up for when I get back (and years down the road). My wife is not thrilled with having to figure out what to do with all the boxes of wine that keep coming, even though I tell her she can drink some of it. Ah well.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
rjquillin wrote:^^^ Truth.

Agreed!! Curses!

1ltkls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 1ltkls

This woot came late last week and I just pulled the first cork. Has some coffee grounds looking stuff on the bottom of the cork and the sides of the neck (actually lots.) Doesn't have a non-winey smell and feels more like skins than crystals that I've seen discussed here as posing no concern. No off taste right off the bat. What's it? Anybody?

I see now that two of the three reviews in CT also note this.

kls

11/17/2006 RANDOM CRSorry, we're sold out of this item or don't have enough blah blah blah.
11/17/2006 RoboRaptor Platinum Robo Dino
11/17/2006 LeakFrog (3!)
10/17/2006 jWIN AM/FM Radio Headphones: 2-fer
10/13/2006 HP Premium Plus 4×6 Photo Paper
08/18/2006 SanDisk 256MB MP3/WMA, FM, Voice Rec.