bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Yep, you read it right, Sept. 8th, the day after the Petite Sirah Tasting Party in Sunnyvale, CA.

I signed up for the email list on Halcón Vineyards site and noticed their address is in Sunnyvale so I emailed them and asked if they had a tasting room in Sunnyvale, and Paul from Halcón Vineyards replied and said no, it was their home, but they'd be happy to host a tasting on their deck.

UPDATE:

Halcón Vineyards is a go for Sunday, September 8th at noon at their Sunnyvale address listed on their website.

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Yep, you read it right, Sept. 8th, the day after the Petite Sirah Tasting Party in Sunnyvale, CA.
Considering we have a group of folks up for the Petite Sirah Tasting Party on Sept 7th, I thought it would be nice to do the tasting the next day so they can participate it as well.

Sooooo.......I'm throwing it out as a tentative date. If we have enough interest, I'll confirm with Halcón Vineyards that it's a go, if not, let's hear some other potential dates.

This definitely has the potential of making Monday a non-work day, not that that's all that bad a thing.

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

We're out. We'll be heading to Candlestick park for the 49ers v. Packers game.

bsevern

CAGrl wrote: We're out. We'll be heading to Candlestick park for the 49ers v. Packers game.

Doesn't have to be this date just throwing it out there to see if it sticks please throw some other suggestions out there.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Doesn't have to be this date just throwing it out there to see if it sticks please throw some other suggestions out there.

We're locked in on the 8th, noon, correct?

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:We're locked in on the 9th, noon, correct?

I think the plan is the 8th... Sunday. And we are tentative, but hopeful.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I think the plan is the 8th... Sunday. And we are tentative, but hopeful.

8th, I say 8th, see... Oh, it was the 9th, me bad.

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:8th, I say 8th, see... Oh, it was the 9th, me bad.

We're confirmed for the 8th @ noon.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bsevern wrote:We're confirmed for the 8th @ noon.

So breakfast around 10 or 10:30?

Edit: And where?

Bill's Cafe in San Jose or Bobbie's in Cupertino and The Table have been mentioned.

Although The Table sounds good, depends on how busy they get.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

Heading out to the kitchen table, 142 Castro, Mountain View.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bsevern wrote:We're confirmed for the 8th @ noon.

I'll be there and my gal too!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

So? Reports? Do I want to re-up some of my order that's coming down with the SoCal folks?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:So? Reports? Do I want to re-up some of my order that's coming down with the SoCal folks?

I'd say yes, but we'd already left at 2:00.

All good, looking forward to bottling.

-- MdS

CT