bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:Write a letter. I've been surprised at the response I've gotten the times I've written. Whether it made a difference, however...

Last time I wrote a letter, I got one back that said "Summons."

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I'm all for a letter, and will sign it. I will echo d-dog and everyone else. This is a great community and even though I cannot buy any wine from here for now (its a very good thing though, I can maybe actually drink my stash down), I will continue to read the forums and look forward to more gatherings

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda
ddeuddeg wrote:Cross-posted from What are you Drinking Tonight:
'07 Iron Horse Unoaked Chardonnay
'03 Iron Horse LD Brut
'05 Wellington Victory
'06 Wellington Victory
NV Wellington White Port
'06 Wellington Port
Toasting wkdpanda and his incredibly gorgeous bride with some truly wonderful wine. Thanks to the groom for treating us to very special wine to celebrate with a couple who truly deserve the best.

Have to correct you - the Iron Horse is their 2010 "rued clone" Chardonnay. We liked it even better than the Heritage. It went really quick, pairing very well with the appetizers they were passing.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
wkdpanda wrote:Have to correct you - the Iron Horse is their 2010 "rued clone" Chardonnay. We liked it even better than the Heritage. It went really quick, pairing very well with the appetizers they were passing.

At the time we were drinking it, I knew that. Subsequent consumption may have dulled my memory a bit. Thanks for setting me straight.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:Last time I wrote a letter, I got one back that said "Summons."

Hah!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

Insert tumbleweeds here...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:Insert tumbleweeds here...

Amazing what a wootception, and recovery, will do for the Pub.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Amazing what a wootception, and recovery, will do to the Pub.

IFTFY

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
otolith wrote:Insert tumbleweeds here...

polarbear22 wrote:Amazing what a wootception, and recovery, will do for the Pub.

otolith

mother--awesome

--John Muir

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

So for everyone who did not go to wootception, what has been going on?

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
tiger7610 wrote:So for everyone who did not go to wootception, what has been going on?

Moving. Blech.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Tres amigos departing the Pig Stai for the big metropolis to the south.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

full article
Wine Library vice president Brandon Warnke was unavailable for comment, but the NYSLA's letter is already making waves among the online wine retailer community. Online retailer Wine.Woot has changed its policy this week and is no longer shipping wine to New York. "Wine Library is a member of the National Association of Wine Retailers, so it's a concern for us. I'm concerned for our own store. I'm concerned for wine consumers in this country. This is not the direction we should be heading," Posner said. "We want to be opening up doors, not closing them."

CT

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
rjquillin wrote:full article
Wine Library vice president Brandon Warnke was unavailable for comment, but the NYSLA's letter is already making waves among the online wine retailer community. Online retailer Wine.Woot has changed its policy this week and is no longer shipping wine to New York. "Wine Library is a member of the National Association of Wine Retailers, so it's a concern for us. I'm concerned for our own store. I'm concerned for wine consumers in this country. This is not the direction we should be heading," Posner said. "We want to be opening up doors, not closing them."

It's true. Wine woot will not let me purchase any wine, since I live in NY.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?