klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:Looking for suggestions for dinner in San Francisco tonight....

We were supposed to discuss this over the weekend. Must have been busy with other things...

Where did you end up going? Slanted Door is delicious, of course. And if you have another evening in the city, check out Chez Maman on Potrero Hill for tiny awesome French bistro. Killer Soup a l'Onion.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mother wrote:Oh My.

HA!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:We were supposed to discuss this over the weekend. Must have been busy with other things...

Where did you end up going? Slanted Door is delicious, of course. And if you have another evening in the city, check out Chez Maman on Potrero Hill for tiny awesome French bistro. Killer Soup a l'Onion.

Facebook has the answer you are looking for.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:HA!

I would have figured if I left the MCA off that it would have garnered that response.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Doc O - PM for you.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
wkdpanda wrote:...I have crazy stuff all next week in CA...
Lets just say, next week will be great!

Sounds like a very happy groom-to-be. We're very happy for you, too. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
wkdpanda wrote:Not sure what to put for count down type stuff. Not something I would do normally, but I have crazy stuff all next week in CA.

Don't normally post - here, there or anywhere. But...

What number should I post?

7 days to being in Sonoma again? Tuesday night farmers market downtown.

9 days to getting married in Calistoga?

10 days to dining in Yountsville at a once in a lifetime place?

11 days to seeing a bunch of Wooters again?

Lets just say, next week will be great!

Congratulations on what is shaping up to be an incredible next couple of weeks!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to bkarney!!

Happy Birthday to bkarney!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Facebook has the answer you are looking for.

Yup..saw it. Never heard of that place
If you're still in the city tonight (I don't remember) then an excellent Thai place right by GG Park is called Marnee Thai, 7th/Irving. Then in the Richmond (north of the park) there's a fantastic French place called Chapeau! and a famous Burmese place called Burma Superstar.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
klezman wrote:Yup..saw it. Never heard of that place
If you're still in the city tonight (I don't remember) then an excellent Thai place right by GG Park is called Marnee Thai, 7th/Irving. Then in the Richmond (north of the park) there's a fantastic French place called Chapeau! and a famous Burmese place called Burma Superstar.

We're going to Forbes Island tonight.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

I know there are lots of Petite Sirah afficianados here so I have a question. A friend just gifted me a well-cellared 1999 Lolonis PS Orpheus for my birthday. Do I drink now or continue to cellar. I know you can hold PS for a good while but that is already almost 15 years. Advice?

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
pseudogourmet98 wrote:I know there are lots of Petite Sirah afficianados here so I have a question. A friend just gifted me a well-cellared 1999 Lolonis PS Orpheus for my birthday. Do I drink now or continue to cellar. I know you can hold PS for a good while but that is already almost 15 years. Advice?

Simple, bring it to THIS and we'll let you know!

CT

klezman

pseudogourmet98 wrote:I know there are lots of Petite Sirah afficianados here so I have a question. A friend just gifted me a well-cellared 1999 Lolonis PS Orpheus for my birthday. Do I drink now or continue to cellar. I know you can hold PS for a good while but that is already almost 15 years. Advice?

It's probably just getting out of its potential "dumb phase". If you really want to be safe, give it a couple more years. I think rpm said he doesn't even look at PS until it's in its third decade of life.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
rjquillin wrote:Simple, bring it to THIS and we'll let you know!

I'll have to pass. A few thousand miles too far. Sounds like fun though.

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen

Belated congrats to Cat and HAK and early congrats to wkdpanda!

So... anyone know what's going on with NY shipping? From the tone of WD's message, it seems there will be no wine.woot shipping to NY until further notice. At least, I think that's what he means when he says "For now, NY is temporarily off the overall wine.woot state list."

I think the key word there is "overall". Here's hoping he can work it out...

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
UBlink wrote:Need some geek type help. Any thoughts on the Buffalo AirStation Extreme AC Gigabit router and bridge package over on woot plus? One of the users on my home network thinks it may be time for a router upgrade. Thoughts on this bundle or alternatives?

Anyone have any thoughts? The reviews I've seen are mostly over my head.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:Belated congrats to Cat and HAK and early congrats to wkdpanda!

So... anyone know what's going on with NY shipping? From the tone of WD's message, it seems there will be no wine.woot shipping to NY until further notice. At least, I think that's what he means when he says "For now, NY is temporarily off the overall wine.woot state list."

I think the key word there is "overall". Here's hoping he can work it out...

Not sure what he meant by that, since all the woot plus wine offers have NY on the ship to list. Still not the current Ty offer, though. Guess I'll head off to bed without any. Sigh.
If I really needed it, I'm sure I know a wootlegger or two who could help out.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:Not sure what he meant by that, since all the woot plus wine offers have NY on the ship to list. Still not the current Ty offer, though. Guess I'll head off to bed without any. Sigh.
If I really needed it, I'm sure I know a wootlegger or two who could help out.

Send it to me and I'll bring it to the wootception

ddeuddeg

klezman wrote:Send it to me and I'll bring it to the wootception

Thanks for the offer, but I think this is just the Almighty's way of helping me enforce my SIWBM. At least until I get to Cali next week, that is.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
ddeuddeg wrote:Belated birthday wishes to ZTimBz. Sorry it's late, but coincidentally, on TB's birthday, I was en route to NJ for a very important wedding, and stopped off in East Stroudsburg, PA to pick up 11 bottles of Madeira for the birthday boy. I'll bring it to CA with me next week.

Thank you for the wishes. Eleven? I'd guess that means the other Franklins weren't at the store at all. Thanks for doing the pickup!

This wedding you mentioned - Day 5: Still married

By the way, the Home Woot Plus has a "Schott Zwiesel Tritan Congresso Burgundy 24oz Glass 6-Piece Set" for $40. Any opinions? 24oz is almost an entire bottle.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

IIRC, 10 to 15 years is when PS can have a dumb phase. So you might want to wait another year or so before opening.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to rjquillen!!

Happy Birthday to rjquillen!!!

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★

rjquillin

zTimothyBz wrote:Thank you for the wishes. Eleven? I'd guess that means the other Franklins weren't at the store at all. Thanks for doing the pickup!

This wedding you mentioned - Day 5: Still married

By the way, the Home Woot Plus has a "Schott Zwiesel Tritan Congresso Burgundy 24oz Glass 6-Piece Set" for $40. Any opinions? 24oz is almost an entire bottle.

Recently got some Schott Zwiesel glasses from Lot18, while the bowls were decent the stems had an annoying seam that was quite distracting; very disappointed.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Happy Birthday to rjquillen!!

Happy Birthday to rjquillen!!!

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★

HHHAAPPYYY HHAAPPYYY!!

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:HHHAAPPYYY HHAAPPYYY!!

"... Birthday greetings bottle of wine ..."
Thanks all.
Wondering if MdS could customize that video?
This one only happens once, wait, that's true for all of 'em, but this one is kinda special for here.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Birthday, RJQ! Pull out that real special bottle for this real special birthday. Enjoy!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

zTimothyBz wrote:Thank you for the wishes. Eleven? I'd guess that means the other Franklins weren't at the store at all.

Yeah, they hadn't arrived yet. Sorry about that. I'll bring a refund check with me next week.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Happy bday, Ron!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Happy day Ron...drink well and post about it

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:"... Birthday greetings bottle of wine ..."
Thanks all.
Wondering if MdS could customize that video?
This one only happens once, wait, that's true for all of 'em, but this one is kinda special for here.

Are you going to stay out 'til quarter to three?

rjquillin

FedEx...

They know to let me know if a single arrives, just in case it needs immediate attention, so I get this email;

One is the loneliest (number)
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

They so know how to get me there, so I dutifully make an appearance and...

and '...a bottle of wine'

Doesn't get much better.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:FedEx...

They know to let me know if a single arrives, just in case it needs immediate attention, so I get this email;

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

They so know how to get me there, so I dutifully make an appearance and...

and '...a bottle of wine'

Doesn't get much better.

And now it all makes sense. You buy so much wine so you can share it with your FedEx Harem.

Happy Birthday Ron.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

The fun at work begins!! due to our higher ups totally messing up the budget....then getting fired, new people are in.. and they are trying to fix the #%!@ that the old admin. left....I will be volunteering again tomorrow and so will my kids... to straighten up some stuff.. then monday I start work... don't know for how long... but they were trying to bribe me not to miss the days for the wootception!! ha ha is what I said to that!! it's going to be a long year!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:The fun at work begins!! due to our higher ups totally messing up the budget....then getting fired, new people are in.. and they are trying to fix the #%!@ that the old admin. left....I will be volunteering again tomorrow and so will my kids... to straighten up some stuff.. then monday I start work... don't know for how long... but they were trying to bribe me not to miss the days for the wootception!! ha ha is what I said to that!! it's going to be a long year!

Oooooo, sounds nasty! Good luck with all of that! We just found out that our Asst. Principal will now be our new Principal. I think this is good. However, we do not know who will be the new Asst. I emailed him yesterday to find out which rooms I will be teaching in this year and he has not yet gotten that figured out! I am also trying to figure out how to organize and decorate my new cart and how to manage traveling to different rooms and having everything set up and ready to go almost immediately upon arrival!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Oooooo, sounds nasty! Good luck with all of that! We just found out that our Asst. Principal will now be our new Principal. I think this is good. However, we do not know who will be the new Asst. I emailed him yesterday to find out which rooms I will be teaching in this year and he has not yet gotten that figured out! I am also trying to figure out how to organize and decorate my new cart and how to manage traveling to different rooms and having everything set up and ready to go almost immediately upon arrival!

school starts monday.. one of my sons teachers was just hired yesterday....the school I work at still hasn't figured out some of the scheduling...... I am hearing rumors that some of the higher up who just got hired and we (county paid to move them)have quit!!!
keeping fingers crossed it all works out!!

what happened to your principle?

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:school starts monday.. one of my sons teachers was just hired yesterday....the school I work at still hasn't figured out some of the scheduling...... I am hearing rumors that some of the higher up who just got hired and we (county paid to move them)have quit!!!
keeping fingers crossed it all works out!!

what happened to your principal? (LMFTFY--bahwm)

He took a job in the upper realms of the district as Asst Super of Students with Special Needs (or something like that).

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
rjquillin wrote:FedEx...

Doesn't get much better.

That is great. You clearly treat them right.

Hope you had a great birthday.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
North316 wrote:Not that it makes anything better, but this has been their policy for quite some time now (not changing order quantities or addresses). Also, the non-wine.woot plus sale items very often ship before the sale ends as they are going through the fullfillment center and being shipped directly from vendors.

FWIW
-The day after the Plus offering ended they sent a shipping notice
-Just today they finally sent electronic shipping info to the USPS

So I think they still don't even start the fulfillment process until after the Plus offerings end, even for non Wine stuff.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mother wrote:FWIW
-The day after the Plus offering ended they sent a shipping notice
-Just today they finally sent electronic shipping info to the USPS

So I think they still don't even start the fulfillment process until after the Plus offerings end, even for non Wine stuff.

I've physically received items from plus sales prior to the sale even ending. So it likely depends on the situation and quantities on hand and various fullfillment centers.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013