Cat winery, and Cat and Hak

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Hooray to the newlyweds! Or, the two enablers.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
otolith wrote:Hooray to the newlyweds! Or, the two enablers.

Agreed, Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear whether they got a wine pre-nup.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Big congrats to Cat and HAK! HAK, all your wines are belong to Cats.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Need some geek type help. Any thoughts on the Buffalo AirStation Extreme AC Gigabit router and bridge package over on woot plus? One of the users on my home network thinks it may be time for a router upgrade. Thoughts on this bundle or alternatives?

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Birthday to rpm!!

Happy Birthday to rpm!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Interesting: Blender wine
I would not even consider doing this with an "old" wine! They deserve care!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bahwm wrote: Happy Birthday to rpm!!!

Happy Birthday, rpm! Great seeing you the other day.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote: Happy Birthday to zTimBz !!!

Belated birthday wishes to ZTimBz. Sorry it's late, but coincidentally, on TB's birthday, I was en route to NJ for a very important wedding, and stopped off in East Stroudsburg, PA to pick up 11 bottles of Madeira for the birthday boy. I'll bring it to CA with me next week.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:Happy Birthday, rpm! Great seeing you the other day.

I'll add to that, except for seeing him. And a nice B-day bottle too!

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Happy Birthday RPM!!!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Interesting: Blender wine

this just seems soo wrong!

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Happy Birthday, rpm! Great seeing you the other day.

+1!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:

Happy Birthday to rpm!!

Happy Birthday to rpm!!!

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★

+1

And Thanks!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.
New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of August 11

As the summer winds, down, it's time to...Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

August
8/24: The Wootception!!!

September
Labor Day Weekend: Visiting Vegas for the Weekend!
9/7: NorCal #20: NorCal + SoCal -- PS Night
9/7: Dallas/Fort Worth--September 7th -- Please RSVP by Sept 3 for accurate headcount!
9/28: SoCal #28: Sparky & zTimBz OC Wine Locker Redux

October
Late Oct: October Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bahwm wrote:Interesting: Blender wine

mshauber posted about this a while ago, interesting concept, but I don't think I would ever be in that much of a hurry. Speaking of, haven't seen mshauber around in quite some time, he took a beating for a couple posts he made in a wine.woot fantasy baseball league and haven't heard from him since.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bahwm

Happy Birthday to tiger7610!!

Happy Birthday to tiger7610!!!

╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
bahwm wrote:

I wondered about that "Swedish Chef Birthday" clip; it just didn't seem right. No sync between actions and music. So I searched and found the original:

Much better! And it's a cover of Popcorn by Hot Butter.

(as of 2011-03-02)

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:this just seems soo wrong!

But it works. This idea has been around for a long time - an engineer friend of mine who likes wine told me about it a good 10 years ago. He used an immersion blender, and I tasted the results.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:I wondered about that "Swedish Chef Birthday" clip; it just didn't seem right. No sync between actions and music. So I searched and found the original:

I used that one because the one I was using (which was so much better!) won't work anymore here. Stupid Youtube limiting it to only working on their site. No linkies.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Looking for suggestions for dinner in San Francisco tonight....

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:Looking for suggestions for dinner in San Francisco tonight....

As I unfortunately discovered 2 weeks ago, the really good places (Keiko, Gary Danko, etc.) tend to be booked a few weeks out.

The good news is there are a lot of just pretty good places around... I'd figure out what area you want to eat in and then hit Zagat and crossref that with Yelp until you find something you like that has a table open!

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:I wondered about that "Swedish Chef Birthday" clip; it just didn't seem right. No sync between actions and music. So I searched and found the original:

OK, it's arguably better. But it doesn't say Happy Birthday.

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Looking for suggestions for dinner in San Francisco tonight....

A friend of ours recommended this restaurant: The Stinking Rose
OK, so it doesn't sound so romantic, but he says that the bagna calda was a great substitution for butter. And, if you're both garlic-fied, what difference does it make?

Edit: It looks like they have space available for this evening per their website and Open Table!

JOATMON

bahwm wrote:A friend of ours recommended this restaurant: The Stinking Rose
OK, so it doesn't sound so romantic, but he says that the bagna calda was a great substitution for butter. And, if you're both garlic-fied, what difference does it make?

Edit: It looks like they have space available for this evening per their website and Open Table!

I was less than impressed with Stinking Rose the one time we went.

Zuni Cafe has an opening at 8:30 tonight; if you do get in, go for the roasted chicken for two, with the Sancerre. It's worth the wait.

Cha Cha Cha in the Haight is a good lower end place, but they do not take reservations at all; show up at opening time and you might get seated immediately. Go for the Fried New Potatoes with Chili Pasilla Aioli, Warm Spinach Salad, and the Cajun Shrimp, and make sure to get extra bread to sop up all the extra sauces. I also like their rendition of Sangria.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

JOATMON wrote:I was less than impressed with Stinking Rose the one time we went.

Zuni Cafe has an opening at 8:30 tonight; if you do get in, go for the roasted chicken for two, with the Sancerre. It's worth the wait.

Cha Cha Cha in the Haight is a good lower end place, but they do not take reservations at all; show up at opening time and you might get seated immediately. Go for the Fried New Potatoes with Chili Pasilla Aioli, Warm Spinach Salad, and the Cajun Shrimp, and make sure to get extra bread to sop up all the extra sauces. I also like their rendition of Sangria.

I almost forgot: Slanted Door! Not sure if they have room tonight, though.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

JOATMON wrote:I was less than impressed with Stinking Rose the one time we went.

1300 on Fillmore is a great place for a new take on soul food. Somewhat high end, but the fried chicken is to die for. And it looks like they have space.

(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

I'd recommend Fog City Diner, but they closed for extensive renovation and retooling of their menu, and we haven't had the heart to go back yet.

(as of 2011-03-02)

ddeuddeg

JOATMON wrote:I almost forgot: Slanted Door! Not sure if they have room tonight, though.

Open Table shows nothing between 5 and 10. Our experience is that if they get us a reservation, it's good, but if they say there's nothing available, call the place directly, and you may have better luck.

mother

[grump]
I really hate ordering from Woot now, I really don't know why I still do it.

Today I wanted 3 of something on one of the Juvie plus sales. I went to place the order and oddly in the final screen it gives me an error message right above the one product saying they're OOS. (Not the big "Something sold out you slobbering Vista" message) after screwing around for a few minutes I finally went from 3 to 2 and the order took, and I had to run out to a meeting.

2 hours later I get back and send an email asking them to up the order to 3 (there were more, I've no idea what the problem was) and they come back and say "Oooh sorry, no, now that we do this super fast fulfillment it's too late to change the qty."

And I'm all like ... (When is the last time they shipped a plus item before the plus sale ended? Hmm? NEVAAR)

Only thing worse than bad CS is stupid and bad CS.

[/grump]

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mother wrote:[grump]
I really hate ordering from Woot now, I really don't know why I still do it.

Today I wanted 3 of something on one of the Juvie plus sales. I went to place the order and oddly in the final screen it gives me an error message right above the one product saying they're OOS. (Not the big "Something sold out you slobbering Vista" message) after screwing around for a few minutes I finally went from 3 to 2 and the order took, and I had to run out to a meeting.

2 hours later I get back and send an email asking them to up the order to 3 (there were more, I've no idea what the problem was) and they come back and say "Oooh sorry, no, now that we do this super fast fulfillment it's too late to change the qty."

And I'm all like ... (When is the last time they shipped a plus item before the plus sale ended? Hmm? NEVAAR)

Only thing worse than bad CS is stupid and bad CS.

[/grump]

Not that it makes anything better, but this has been their policy for quite some time now (not changing order quantities or addresses). Also, the non-wine.woot plus sale items very often ship before the sale ends as they are going through the fullfillment center and being shipped directly from vendors.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mother

North316 wrote:Not that it makes anything better, but this has been their policy for quite some time now (not changing order quantities or addresses). Also, the non-wine.woot plus sale items very often ship before the sale ends as they are going through the fullfillment center and being shipped directly from vendors.

1) Considering that almost all the "plus" buying I've done has been none w.w, that doesn't jive with my experiences.

2) Haven't run into this particular issue before, but we've ALWAYS been told to email support to increase quantities. I've never been told otherwise, and it seems like a pretty stupid move considering I've cancelled the entire order because they wouldn't increase it and it hasn't shipped yet.*

Regardless, I think I've finished my wooting except for the occasional wine deal that I want...

*BTW don't you worry what Woot's policy is, if I cancel my order before you box and ship, it's a free gift from you.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I really hate going to the YMCA, but must admit I feel pretty good afterwards.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

wkdpanda

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wkdpanda

Not sure what to put for count down type stuff. Not something I would do normally, but I have crazy stuff all next week in CA.

Don't normally post - here, there or anywhere. But...

What number should I post?

7 days to being in Sonoma again? Tuesday night farmers market downtown.

9 days to getting married in Calistoga?

10 days to dining in Yountsville at a once in a lifetime place?

11 days to seeing a bunch of Wooters again?

Lets just say, next week will be great!

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

mother

otolith wrote:I really hate going to the YMCA, but must admit I feel pretty good afterwards.

Oh My.

bahwm

wkdpanda wrote:Not sure what to put for count down type stuff. Not something I would do normally, but I have crazy stuff all next week in CA.

+1!

mother

wkdpanda wrote:Not sure what to put for count down type stuff.

Hey wk, good to see ya post no matter what it is!

And have fun with all of the above!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
wkdpanda wrote:Not sure what to put for count down type stuff. Not something I would do normally, but I have crazy stuff all next week in CA.

That sounds wonderful, all around!!! Congrats!!!

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20

Damn it Ty, the one wine of yours I was willing to buy year after year and you took it out of my price range. I'm done.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the 24th!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT