quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Terroir 95470, a Chance Creek SangioRosso
$79.99 $̶1̶3̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 41% off List Price
2010 Terroir 95470 SangioRosso Red Wine, Redwood Valley
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Works out to roughly $15.80 a bottle shipped here in SoCal. I wish there was some actual data in the specs tab though.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
Cesare wrote:Terroir 95470, a Chance Creek SangioRosso
$79.99 $̶1̶3̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 41% off List Price
2010 Terroir 95470 SangioRosso Red Wine, Redwood Valley
CT link above

Glad you guys made it home ok! We just left the newlyweds with the last half bottle of Iron Horse Brut Rose.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chancecreeklou

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chancecreeklou
cortot20 wrote:Works out to roughly $15.80 a bottle shipped here in SoCal. I wish there was some actual data in the specs tab though.

you mean like french oak barrels, yes cellered for a year there also was a sheet of specs and tasting notes sent in several days ago. I will look and see why it is not there... This is all redwood Valley fruit and is basically a low ph and high acid area. Blends in Mendocino are usually the best wines much like spain or parts of tuscany.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

A bottle of this showed up on Thursday, so I let it settle and planned on sharing it with a dinner group of Saturday. Chilled it for twenty minutes before opening. PnP and found the bouquet to be quite light but aromatic. Color a medium magenta with average legs. Initial tasting revealed plum, cherry and berry (maybe strawberry) with a lingering either citrus or cranberry finish. The tannins were soft and no acid-like finish. For dinner we had salmon and steak and this wine paired well with both. An hour later we found that the tasting profile had not changed. Without knowing the price, we guessed (WW) price should be $12 - 15. Overall, this is a good table wine or everyday drinker. Not complex, but simple in a good way. If you are looking for a wine to serve guests or to have any day of the week, this will fit the bill.

Label: ...is made with a sangiovese base, with zinfandel, pinot noir and viognier.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
chancecreeklou wrote:you mean like french oak barrels, yes cellered for a year there also was a sheet of specs and tasting notes sent in several days ago. I will look and see why it is not there... This is all redwood Valley fruit and is basically a low ph and high acid area. Blends in Mendocino are usually the best wines much like spain or parts of tuscany.

From the Bock site I found:
Sangiovese base, with Zinfandel, Pinot Noir and Viognier
[edit] a label and a taste, yes, much better.

The Chance SB we had earlier had enough uniqueness that is makes this one interesting as well.

CT

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink

So late last week a FedEx driver apparently felt sorry for a bottle of wine riding around in his truck in triple digit heat so he dropped it off at a local FedEx store in the hopes that it might find a good home. Fortunately for me said store thought I might be a good foster parent.
When I saw this wine on offer at Wine Woot today I felt compelled to taste it and share my thoughts.
On opening and initial pour the wine had a nice, medium scarlet color. On the nose was cherry with a little spice that I identified as Serrano pepper.
On tasting the flavor moved more towards darker fruit, maybe red plum. I didn't detect the spice on the palate, but nice acidity with mild but noticeable tannins.
The finish was medium length, again with noticeable acid as well as moderate tannins.
Lunch time pairing was chicken lettuce wraps and Szechuan green beans. It held up well to the spices.
Overall we liked it and I look forward to tasting again later this evening.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Here's a little more tech data that missed the presses:

Bottled on 9/24/2012
339 Cases Produced
TA = .54
PH = 3.56
RS = .05g/100ml

sorry for the omission...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
neilfindswine wrote:Here's a little more tech data that missed the presses:

Bottled on 9/24/2012
339 Cases Produced
TA = .54
PH = 3.56
RS = .05g/100ml

sorry for the omission...

Thanks Neil.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

this looks like something I would like... and hope to see again... I have to save for my upcoming trip.....

nfurlong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong

I am now quite convinced that my local FedEx delivery man collects bottles of wine and waits until I go on vacation to deliver them. When I returned Saturday from a week-long cruise, sure enough, there was a the telltale notice stuck to the door.

On PnP, the wine displays a magenta hue, which turns to brick after an hours in the glass. The nose is quite pleasant -- strawberry, red raspberry with a hint of something spicy, red pepper perhaps. Given the fragrant nose, the dryness surprised me. The fruit nestled 'neath a façade of wet cement. It's a light-bodied wine with soft tannins, high acidity, well integrated for drinking in the next year or so. The short finish on PnP lengthened over time, but I wouldn't call it lingering,

Taco night had been pre-ordained, but 95470 (the zip code for Redwood Valley, in case anyone was still wondering :-) performed admirably, cutting the fatty meat with ease. I would drink this with duck, porterhouse steak and deep river salmon.

Oh, by the way, my next vacation is at the end of the year. So FedEx guy, start saving up those bottles!