$49.99 $̶9̶2̶.̶0̶0̶ 46% off List Price
2011 At Last, White Rhone Blend
2009 Heart of Glass, Red Rhone Blend
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Rhone blends?
GSM and a Vio, Roussanne, Grenache Blanc blend.
Paso.
Nice numbers too.
Got my attention.
This may take more control than I can muster, and the + deal ends tomorrow too; I sense impending doom.

At least I can pass on the Dyson and aftershave.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Rhone blends?
GSM and a Vio, Roussanne, Grenache Blanc blend.
Paso.
Nice numbers too.
Got my attention.
This may take more control than I can muster, and the + deal ends tomorrow too; I sense impending doom.

At least I can pass on the Dyson and aftershave.

I think you could use the after shave.

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Well it has been quite a while since I've posted in the main area and also a while since we have bought an entire Wine Woot offering (rather than splitting) since the cellar is truly beyond overflowing BUT the 2009 Heart of Glass is actually one we tasted at the winery in December (based on the suggestion of the famous Larry of Tercero) with Jennifer and Victor and enjoyed it enough to buy it there. Whatever that means at this point, we are in for at least 1 set of these. Not to mention, the story of how Victor got into winemaking at a nunnery in Culver City and chose the winery name is an interesting one that maybe one of them will share on here.
(And first time as first sucker! What are you waiting for?!)

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I like this deal but feel it would have better served as a 2X2 at $60. Interested in a bottle of the red if anyone in SoCal wants a split.

CT

vinesonthemarycrest

quality posts: 12 Private Messages vinesonthemarycrest
time2testit wrote:Well it has been quite a while since I've posted in the main area and also a while since we have bought an entire Wine Woot offering (rather than splitting) since the cellar is truly beyond overflowing BUT the 2009 Heart of Glass is actually one we tasted at the winery in December (based on the suggestion of the famous Larry of Tercero) with Jennifer and Victor and enjoyed it enough to buy it there. Whatever that means at this point, we are in for at least 1 set of these. Not to mention, the story of how Victor got into winemaking at a nunnery in Culver City and chose the winery name is an interesting one that maybe one of them will share on here.

Hey, thanks, and cheers! Also wanted to mention that both these wines are current offerings at the winery so this is a pretty good deal for award-winning, hand-crafted wines!

Victor & Jennifer Abascal
Vines on the Marycrest
www.vinesonthemarycrest.com

Making wine the old fashioned way since 2005.

vinesonthemarycrest

cortot20 wrote:I like this deal but feel it would have better served as a 2X2 at $60. Interested in a bottle of the red if anyone in SoCal wants a split.

It is always a bit tricky how to format the offering. The fact is, we are getting low on the 2011 At Last so could only offer one bottle--The 09 Heart of Glass goes down pretty easy... Just sayin'.

Vines on the Marycrest

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to zTimBz and Cathy Corison!!

Happy Birthday to zTimBz and Cathy Corison!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I know this doesn't add much to the discussion, but I love the screw caps, not a fan at all of the label.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

vinesonthemarycrest

North316 wrote:I know this doesn't add much to the discussion, but I love the screw caps, not a fan at all of the label.

Hello Noth316! Good morning from Victor at VOTM. I am glad you like that we close our bottles under screw cap--it works for us and we believe it is the best seal for the wine. On the subject of labels, we get a lot of feedback-mainly positive, but some negative for sure. But what it boils down to is what is INSIDE the bottle, right? These wines are layered and complex fermented on all native yeast and made in very small lots...by my hands. Cheers!

Vines on the Marycrest

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
vinesonthemarycrest wrote:Hello Noth316! Good morning from Victor at VOTM. I am glad you like that we close our bottles under screw cap--it works for us and we believe it is the best seal for the wine. On the subject of labels, we get a lot of feedback-mainly positive, but some negative for sure. But what it boils down to is what is INSIDE the bottle, right? These wines are layered and complex fermented on all native yeast and made in very small lots...by my hands. Cheers!

I certainly agree. I don't base my buying decisions on the labels. Some of my favorite wines have fairly hideous labels. With that said, feedback is a key to business so I thought I would provide some.

The numbers on these wines look very good. Was there any modification done, de-alc, acidulation, etc to bring these numbers to where they are at? The PH just seems pretty low for a Paso wine without some technological assistance, unless growing conditions were perfect? I am also surprised on the 14.1% alc on the white blend, very low for Paso fruit.

Any residual sugar in either of these?

Any idea on drinking window as well? Both look like they can be held for a number of years based on the stats.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Pas0Girl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pas0Girl
North316 wrote:I certainly agree. I don't base my buying decisions on the labels. Some of my favorite wines have fairly hideous labels. With that said, feedback is a key to business so I thought I would provide some.

The numbers on these wines look very good. Was there any modification done, de-alc, acidulation, etc to bring these numbers to where they are at? The PH just seems pretty low for a Paso wine without some technological assistance, unless growing conditions were perfect? I am also surprised on the 14.1% alc on the white blend, very low for Paso fruit.

Any residual sugar in either of these?

Any idea on drinking window as well? Both look like they can be held for a number of years based on the stats.

Now we're talkin. When you get the best grapes, the wine basically makes itself. With that said, the At Last blend did require minor acid adjustments to bring the numbers to where we wanted them. We ferment until dry. so there is no determinable R/S on either of these wines. As for drinking window on AT LAST we say good to go for the next three years (but it won't be around that long) and HEART OF GLASS is drinking great now and will for the next several years. Thanks for asking! VA

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

These guys will be at the Garagiste Festival in Paso Robles later this year! I've posted the information in the Gatherings tab.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Thanks for dropping in Victor and Jennifer from VOM! Discovered these wines at the first Paso Garagiste festival and have been a fan ever since.

The Heart of Glass is drinking nicely right now (enjoyed it at the Sonoma Farmer's Market last week. I didn't take notes, but the bottle emptied quickly, enjoyed by some Sonoma wine folk!).

I may have to open the "At Last" this evening...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

Pas0Girl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pas0Girl
neilfindswine wrote:Thanks for dropping in Victor and Jennifer from VOM! Discovered these wines at the first Paso Garagiste festival and have been a fan ever since.

The Heart of Glass is drinking nicely right now (enjoyed it at the Sonoma Farmer's Market last week. I didn't take notes, but the bottle emptied quickly, enjoyed by some Sonoma wine folk!).

I may have to open the "At Last" this evening...

Hi neilfindswine! Sonoma wine folks know wine and so do Paso wine folks. I've seen these wines around town at a couple of different wine bars. Good stuff!

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

time2testit wrote:Well it has been quite a while since I've posted in the main area and also a while since we have bought an entire Wine Woot offering (rather than splitting) since the cellar is truly beyond overflowing BUT the 2009 Heart of Glass is actually one we tasted at the winery in December (based on the suggestion of the famous Larry of Tercero) with Jennifer and Victor and enjoyed it enough to buy it there. Whatever that means at this point, we are in for at least 1 set of these. Not to mention, the story of how Victor got into winemaking at a nunnery in Culver City and chose the winery name is an interesting one that maybe one of them will share on here.

EDIT: I opened the "At Last" for a little 'Friday afternoon White'. First poured out of the fridge bug was too cold. Light color, closed nose with hints of stone fruit; on the palate stone fruit and lemon, but again, cold and closed.

Revisited after letting it warm up. Much better. Honey on the nose and a touch on the palate as well. Still has a bit of lemon, but stone fruit (nectarine is about right) takes the front seat with a hint of apple. I find it to be refreshingly lighter-bodied I'm not opposed to the more viscous mouthfeel that vio often brings, but this one is lighter bodied with a nice acidity. Wondering if I should try some food with it...

...so what is the story with the winery name? (no one's ever told me...)

vinesonthemarycrest

neilfindswine wrote:EDIT: I opened the "At Last" for a little 'Friday afternoon White'. First poured out of the fridge bug was too cold. Light color, closed nose with hints of stone fruit; on the palate stone fruit and lemon, but again, cold and closed.

Revisited after letting it warm up. Much better. Honey on the nose and a touch on the palate as well. Still has a bit of lemon, but stone fruit (nectarine is about right) takes the front seat with a hint of apple. I find it to be refreshingly lighter-bodied I'm not opposed to the more viscous mouthfeel that vio often brings, but this one is lighter bodied with a nice acidity. Wondering if I should try some food with it...

...so what is the story with the winery name? (no one's ever told me...)

At Last is good as a sipper, but also works well with food. Could you try it with a brie quesadilla?

Our name... well, long story short, we are named after an old folks home in Culver City, CA called Marycrest Manor run by the Carmelite Sisters. In my misguided early home-wine making days I planted about 100 vines on one of their south-west facing slopes...The nuns assumed it was pot and were not at all pleased. I had a lot of 'xplaining to do. We remember those days fondly, hence, the name. That's my story.

Vines on the Marycrest

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

vinesonthemarycrest wrote:At Last is good as a sipper, but also works well with food. Could you try it with a brie quesadilla?

Our name... well, long story short, we are named after an old folks home in Culver City, CA called Marycrest Manor run by the Carmelite Sisters. In my misguided early home-wine making days I planted about 100 vines on one of their south-west facing slopes...The nuns assumed it was pot and were not at all pleased. I had a lot of 'xplaining to do. We remember those days fondly, hence, the name. That's my story.

That's a pretty good story. I have yet to try a wine from the Culver City AVA.

I'm fresh out of brie quesadillas, but I'm heading over to the Fig Cafe in Glen Ellen for dinner; I may try to smuggle in my bottle of 'At Last', though admittedly as I wait for my wife to get ready the bottle is getting lighter by the minute.... as it evolves, the texture is getting nicer and nicer...

OoWillz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz
neilfindswine wrote:That's a pretty good story. I have yet to try a wine from the Culver City AVA.

I'm fresh out of brie quesadillas, but I'm heading over to the Fig Cafe in Glen Ellen for dinner; I may try to smuggle in my bottle of 'At Last', though admittedly as I wait for my wife to get ready the bottle is getting lighter by the minute.... as it evolves, the texture is getting nicer and nicer...

What is this talk of Brie Quesadillas. This must be an elaborate plot to make me really hungry and thirsty!!! In for one because of these hunger and thirst inducing comments.

Speed to first woot: 26m 7.883s
First sucker:time2testit
Last wooter to woot:OoWillz
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

ayttocs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayttocs

My girlfriend and I visited Vines on the Marycrest and met the Abascal's a couple of years ago on a trip to Paso. She immediately joined the club and we've been cherishing the wines ever since. Great people make great wine!

vinesonthemarycrest

OoWillz wrote:What is this talk of Brie Quesadillas. This must be an elaborate plot to make me really hungry and thirsty!!! In for one because of these hunger and thirst inducing comments.

Speed to first woot: 26m 7.883s
First sucker:time2testit
Last wooter to woot:OoWillz
Last purchase:a few seconds ago

Try some dried figs on top of the brie quesadilla. Ummm. Cheers! We hope you enjoy the wines.

Vines on the Marycrest

vinesonthemarycrest

ayttocs wrote:My girlfriend and I visited Vines on the Marycrest and met the Abascal's a couple of years ago on a trip to Paso. She immediately joined the club and we've been cherishing the wines ever since. Great people make great wine!

Awww. Thanks for the kind words! Come see us again. Have you seen the new tasting room?

Vines on the Marycrest

vinesonthemarycrest

loveladyelectric wrote:These guys will be at the Garagiste Festival in Paso Robles later this year! I've posted the information in the Gatherings tab.

Hey there! How great that you are promoting The Garagiste Festival--It is going to be the best fest yet!

Vines on the Marycrest