joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

The DW and I will be in Vegas over Labor Day weekend. Sans kids for my bday.

Anyone interested in getting together to drink wine? Would prefer not the Friday night, but either Sat or Sun eve would work for us. We're staying just off-strip and won't have a car, though could find one if need be.

Let the interest/planning commence!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Off-strip neighborhood? So those of us who might drop by Vegas said weekend might plan on a hotel close by said neighborhood.

Nearest Strip hotel would be fine.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Gotta be at a wedding in Malibu Sunday, so that kind of messes up the weekend. It would be great to see you though! Any plans on being in LA for the holidays?

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Gotta be at a wedding in Malibu Sunday, so that kind of messes up the weekend. It would be great to see you though! Any plans on being in LA for the holidays?

What time Sunday? You know it's only a 45 minute flight! Or 4 hour drive.

You can stay Saturday night!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk

We're staying ... just behind Harrahs, off Flamingo.

We get in around 5pm on Friday and leave around 5 pm on Monday.

joelsisk

klezman wrote:Gotta be at a wedding in Malibu Sunday, so that kind of messes up the weekend. It would be great to see you though! Any plans on being in LA for the holidays?

Not these holidays. Probably won't be back in LA until Pesach.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Ahh Vegas...I want to go back already.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I'll be in Tonopah, NV that weekend....hmmm...

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Might be around that weekend, will let y'all.

CT

joelsisk

BUMP.

So? any other interest? Just 10 days or so away.

Since no one has really stated a preference of any consequence, let's make this Saturday evening, 8/31.

Thoughts on exactly where? We only have a 1 bedroom condo...

aces219

quality posts: 6 Private Messages aces219

We are there that weekend for our anniversary! Sunday night to Tuesday night. How about Monday during the day?

joelsisk

aces219 wrote:We are there that weekend for our anniversary! Sunday night to Tuesday night. How about Monday during the day?

Happy to meet up regardless!

But, our flight out on Monday is just after 6 pm, so it would have to be a normal-ish (not late) lunch time.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:BUMP.

So? any other interest? Just 10 days or so away.

Since no one has really stated a preference of any consequence, let's make this Saturday evening, 8/31.

Thoughts on exactly where? We only have a 1 bedroom condo...

So tempted to go ... but with the Wootception this weekend, and then heading up to NoCal for the 7th, not sure I can swing it.

joelsisk

MarkDaSpark wrote:So tempted to go ... but with the Wootception this weekend, and then heading up to NoCal for the 7th, not sure I can swing it.

At least you actually said you were going to ditch us this time.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:At least you actually said you were going to ditch us this time.

No choice last time. And IIRC, it was only a Maybe!

joelsisk

With the Wootception now but a memory, and Labor Day weekend coming up in 5 days... Is anyone going to be around?

Aces - PM for you