2007 Casa de la Cruz Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
9/10/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

I've certainly enjoyed Keller's wines in the past, but don't recall tasting this one. The La Cruz Syrah (I last had a 2004) was delicious! Pinots were out of my price range at the time, but I recall them being tasty as well.

Anybody have notes on this one?

Edit: Not buying wine is kind of hard sometimes. SIWBM must stand.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

I ended up with two bottles the last time this deal came up. Here's my nots from CT.

11/22/2012: nose is of mainly raspberries with some muted cherries and earth in the background. Not a light pinot, medium/light bodied and feels slightly watery on the back of the tongue. A good value at the woot price, but way overpriced by the winery. Solid in the $15-18 range.

18.25 a bottle shipped this time. 16.75 a bottle shipped last time. So a $1.50 a bottle increase over last time. $2 is summer shipping, is the rest my stupid states sales tax that used to be averaged?

CT

rpm

quality posts: 177 Private Messages rpm
cortot20 wrote:I ended up with two bottles the last time this deal came up. Here's my nots from CT.

11/22/2012: nose is of mainly raspberries with some muted cherries and earth in the background. Not a light pinot, medium/light bodied and feels slightly watery on the back of the tongue. A good value at the woot price, but way overpriced by the winery. Solid in the $15-18 range.

18.25 a bottle shipped this time. 16.75 a bottle shipped last time. So a $1.50 a bottle increase over last time. $2 is summer shipping, is the rest my stupid states sales tax that used to be averaged?

Good notes. I've had this and enjoyed a bottle at a ~$17 price, but I think it's overpriced at winery list of $25 + shipping. However, it's typical of new wineries to vastly overprice wines. At this point I'm undecided - I've got a fair amount of Pinot for current drinking, and SWMBO prefers the lighter ones.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

scantar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scantar

Um. Am I missing something here? It's $16.75 a bottle shipped... :/

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
scantar wrote:Um. Am I missing something here? It's $16.75 a bottle shipped... :/

Yes, you are missing the sales tax.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

At woot prices, I've yet to have a Keller Estate wine that I haven't really enjoyed. They make very nice Pinot for the price, it's not easy to find a decent bottle of Pinot in this price range IMHO.

scantar

North316 wrote:Yes, you are missing the sales tax.

Well apparently so did whomever charged me for the 4 I ordered.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
scantar wrote:Well apparently so did whomever charged me for the 4 I ordered.

You may be in one of the states that doesn't get tax collected on Woot (yet).

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

scantar

bolligra wrote:You may be in one of the states that doesn't get tax collected on Woot (yet).

Well...if that's the case, you can't really blame woot or the wine seller.

anakeller

quality posts: 25 Private Messages anakeller

Hi! Any questions I cna answer about the wine?

anakeller

quality posts: 25 Private Messages anakeller

Just a small note: this wine is 100% from Estate grown fruit. So all La Cruz Vineyard and all Pinot Noir, sometimes people like to sneak in some Syrah!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
anakeller wrote:Just a small note: this wine is 100% from Estate grown fruit. So all La Cruz Vineyard and all Pinot Noir, sometimes people like to sneak in some Syrah!

Do you think that's still happening? I remember when PN became huge, people didn't "get" that PN comes in a bit lighter than what most are used to (CS, maybe Syrah) but they wanted to drink PN. I think the PN hype has died. I thought the Syrah additions had along with it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
scantar wrote:Well...if that's the case, you can't really blame woot or the wine seller.

Not necessarily - final price after taxes and shipping is the most relevant price to use for comparisons. I do this with all wine sellers, both brick/mortar and internet.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT