WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bodegas Paso Robles Rosé de Garnacha (3)

Speed to First Woot:
37m 48.333s
First Sucker:
dsvo
Last Wooter to Woot:
mill
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 22% of Wine Woots
Bottom 45% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 22% of Wine Woots
Bottom 43% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 8% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 12% < 10 woots
  • 8% < 25 woots
  • 71% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 4% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 21% one year old
  • 75% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 75% bought 1
  • 17% bought 2
  • 8% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
4%
4%
0%
4%
8%
8%
8%
8%
4%
0%
4%
4%
4%
0%
8%
0%
8%
0%
4%
0%
0%
4%
8%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1627 Private Messages Cesare

Bodegas Paso Robles 'Rosado' Rosé de Garnacha 3-Pack
$49.99 $̶8̶6̶.̶0̶0̶ 42% off List Price
2012 Bodegas Paso Robles Rosado
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CruelMelody


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CruelMelody

Just biked for a couple hours, and the tasting notes really sounds delicious right now. Is it pretty sweet? I've never had a wine recommended ice cold before.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark



MarkDaSpark wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area.

New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of August 05

Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

August
8/10: Omaha #1: Is there critical mass?
8/10: zTimBz's Bday / SoCal #27 - If we open them, he will come
8/10: Chicago: Cocktails in the Garden
8/24: The Wootception!!!

September
9/7: NorCal #20: NorCal + SoCal -- PS Night
9/7: Dallas/Fort Worth--September 7th
9/28: SoCal #28: Sparky & zTimBz OC Wine Locker Redux

October
Late Oct: October Trip to Taldeschi, Hawley & Handal

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room


No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.




So join or create a WW Gathering!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

coolchris160


quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160
CruelMelody wrote:Just biked for a couple hours, and the tasting notes really sounds delicious right now. Is it pretty sweet? I've never had a wine recommended ice cold before.


The nose is sweet, but on the palate this wine is very dry. It is smooth, well balanced, and a great summer sipper.

chipgreen


quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
coolchris160 wrote:The nose is sweet, but on the palate this wine is very dry. It is smooth, well balanced, and a great summer sipper.

Sounds like a sneak preview of a more detailed post to come, hopefully? I hesitate to pay ~ $20/bottle (shipped) for a Rosé but I really enjoyed their Albariño and there were only 90 cases produced of this Rosé which makes it pretty exclusive.

hcgray3


quality posts: 20 Private Messages hcgray3

Hi Everyone!

I am Heather and I am the winery representative. Sorry it took me a bit to get on the boards! I am available to answer any questions.

hcgray3


quality posts: 20 Private Messages hcgray3
chipgreen wrote:Sounds like a sneak preview of a more detailed post to come, hopefully? I hesitate to pay ~ $20/bottle (shipped) for a Rosé but I really enjoyed their Albariño and there were only 90 cases produced of this Rosé which makes it pretty exclusive.



The nose is a fruity, almost sweet nose but the finish is extremely dry. It's very refreshing for hot Summer afternoons.

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

2012 Bodegas Paso Robles Rosado
Color is light strawberry. The nose is fresh and light with mild strawberry and a hint of citrus maybe. Was a bit surprised by the palate as it didn't quite match the nose. A bit heavy and viscous on the mouthfeel. Initially tried serving quite chilled as recommended on the bottle, but found that it was far more enjoyable after a warmup. Got more fruit when it was warmer, which was a mix of strawberry, watermelon, and some caramel notes. My notes say I had the impression it was off dry based on the front palate, but the finish was dry. Medium acid. Tried on day 2, but it had fallen apart a bit. I think it could benefit from a bit of bottle age, but wouldn't wait more than 2 or 3 years.

woopdedoo


quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

Not unlike many of my posts - this is (sort of) unrelated to this offering -

The question:

Can we still "gift" wines or has this option gone away?

neilfindswine


quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

hcgray3 wrote:Hi Everyone!

I am Heather and I am the winery representative. Sorry it took me a bit to get on the boards! I am available to answer any questions.



Thanks for joining us today Heather! Always good to see Bodegas here on Woot!

Can you tell us a little about the fruit source for the Grenache? Also, any comment on the mixture of stainless and neutral oak? Lastly, I know Dorothy has made Rosado with Tempranillo in the past- does she still? and/or why the switch to Garnacha?

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

akacy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages akacy

help, is this a sweet or dry wine?

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Hey, I've got notes on this.

To start out with, this is a dry wine.

It's a pale colored Rose. Somewhere between an orange clementine color and pinkish salmon color.

I drank it chilled initially, and I'd tend to agree with Trifecta that it showed a little bit better after it warmed up, but given that it's hot in Texas, I still preferred to drink it chilled.

Based on the color, I expected this to be a bit lighter feel than the actual wine turned out to be. It had flavors of strawberry and watermelon candy.

It didn't have quite the acidity hit that I like from my Roses, and there was a carmel note on the finish that was a little different for me and took me a minute to adjust to.

My girlfriend enjoyed it. I thought it was decent: 87.

I'll admit to being a sucker for the Bodegas bottle labels though.


"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

hcgray3


quality posts: 20 Private Messages hcgray3
neilfindswine wrote:Thanks for joining us today Heather! Always good to see Bodegas here on Woot!

Can you tell us a little about the fruit source for the Grenache? Also, any comment on the mixture of stainless and neutral oak? Lastly, I know Dorothy has made Rosado with Tempranillo in the past- does she still? and/or why the switch to Garnacha?



Fruit is from Paso Robles, just on the east side of the Salinas River. Dorothy decided to use Grenache (Garnacha) last year because the vineyard was only 15 minutes away and she could check on it all the time. She also thinks the French have it right with using this grape for rose. She used a little stainless for the crispness it provides and the neutral French to give it some roundness in the middle.

hcgray3


quality posts: 20 Private Messages hcgray3
redwinefan wrote:Hey, I've got notes on this.

To start out with, this is a dry wine.

It's a pale colored Rose. Somewhere between an orange clementine color and pinkish salmon color.

I drank it chilled initially, and I'd tend to agree with Trifecta that it showed a little bit better after it warmed up, but given that it's hot in Texas, I still preferred to drink it chilled.

Based on the color, I expected this to be a bit lighter feel than the actual wine turned out to be. It had flavors of strawberry and watermelon candy.

It didn't have quite the acidity hit that I like from my Roses, and there was a carmel note on the finish that was a little different for me and took me a minute to adjust to.

My girlfriend enjoyed it. I thought it was decent: 87.

I'll admit to being a sucker for the Bodegas bottle labels though.



Thank you for those fantastic notes! (And for being a sucker for the labels:-))