WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We Found Some More!

We were recently scrambling for some loose change, so we checked the first place we could think of: under the sofa cushions! But all we found was a bunch of wine. We still need that loose change, though, so want to buy some of that wine from us? We've got a vending machine trip to make!

Quality Posts

aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin

All I can say re the Ardente is Squee!!! In for 3, and so glad I decided to wait till 10 AM to buy the Geyser Peak daily wine woot to combine shipping. So much for not buying wine while taking the meds that won't allow drinking. Now really sorry I didn't get the RBW Malbec from last week.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

This wine was offered July 9th

http://wine.woot.com/offers/geyser-peak-winery-red-wine-2

why the comment:

"The 2007 Geyser Peak Winery Red Wine is a rare wine that has never been released and is now available to the Wine.Woot community".

fredrinaldi

Down to 36 bottles of Ardente got 2 (6) in the cart, most likely will go for 3 and get some of the Merlot offered today

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

How much more life are giving the Ardente? I loved every bottle I had, but wondering if I can drink through another three prior to this baby going dull. Any thoughts? I know a lot of this stuff has been tasted by the community...

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:This wine was offered July 9th

why the comment:

"The 2007 Geyser Peak Winery Red Wine is a rare wine that has never been released and is now available to the Wine.Woot community".

Just as it says, this was never publically released. It's basically a woot-exclusive.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20

My notes on the mcclean Viognier

10/5/2012
Viognier was interesting, muted yellow with fresh cut peaches on the nose and smelled crisp. The palate was a whole different deal. Much softer than I was anticipating and but continued with the peaches. Finish was medium and tart/sour. I would not pick it up again.

CT

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy
cortot20 wrote:My notes on the mcclean Viognier

10/5/2012
Viognier was interesting, muted yellow with fresh cut peaches on the nose and smelled crisp. The palate was a whole different deal. Much softer than I was anticipating and but continued with the peaches. Finish was medium and tart/sour. I would not pick it up again.

Are you a viognier fan and basing this review on other viogniers, or is this one of your first forays into the varietal?

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

Ah. Skimmed past offerings and came up with the fact that the Viognier sat in oak for 24 months.

Data offered in case it is important to anyone else; it's a auto-buy killer for me.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

I did not take formal notes on the '97 Ardente but it was enjoyed by all who tried it after the Scott Harvey wine dinner in Ohio this past April.

Here are my CT notes for the Woot Cellars Triacipedis;
Nose of apples, grapefruit, pears and honeysuckle. Crisp, steely entry with green apples, pears, guava and petrol on the palate. Heavy, slightly viscous mouthfeel and tart citrus on the finish with some lingering petrol.

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20
confusedemmy wrote:Are you a viognier fan and basing this review on other viogniers, or is this one of your first forays into the varietal?

I'm not super picky with white wine and like a pretty wide variety of styles. This just didn't do it for me and your right on the oak. The oak didn't necessarily come out in the flavor of the wine but definitely impacted the feel. I quite liked the flavor actually.

My wife is much pickier and didn't care for it at all but I have no notes from her other than don't buy that again. Chardonnay fans may like this quite a bit. It's not buttery but the mouth feel is similar to an Oaked chard.

CT

zhedenvalarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhedenvalarin

So, I really want to get the Ardente but I am still kind of confused about how the shipping works. Indiana is a state that allows shipping, but I've never seen or at least, haven't noticed, the list on Wine.Woot get updated.

So...if I order, is it checked against a current list and it will be shipped? Or if I order, will it just be cancelled and there's something else going on?

I've been missing out on lots of wine woots since I can't find any clarification on that. It's all because I decided to move here when I came back to the US, haha.

chipgreen

zhedenvalarin wrote:So, I really want to get the Ardente but I am still kind of confused about how the shipping works. Indiana is a state that allows shipping, but I've never seen or at least, haven't noticed, the list on Wine.Woot get updated.

So...if I order, is it checked against a current list and it will be shipped? Or if I order, will it just be cancelled and there's something else going on?

I've been missing out on lots of wine woots since I can't find any clarification on that. It's all because I decided to move here when I came back to the US, haha.

Indiana? It's complicated... kind of. My understanding is that in the past you could only have wine shipped to you in IN from wineries that you physically visited but they have opened that up to where you can now order wine direct from a winery without the requirement of having visited said winery in person. However, IN legislators are still not amenable to having wine shipped to you via a third party. Wine.woot is a third party.

HERE is a page with relevant information pertaining to laws affecting direct shipment of wine to IN.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:Indiana? It's complicated... kind of.

A bit like which counties observed Daylight time which year; what a mess that was.

CT

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

CT URLs

2011 McClean Vineyards Viognier
1997 Ardente Estate Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Espressione
2007 Geyser Peak Winery Red Wine
2011 Woot Cellars Triacipedis in the Dominion of the Flower-King

In for Ardente and 2007 Geyser Peak and the Geyser Peak Merlot!!

edit: It's a great day on woot to buy wine! Now it's time to drink some...

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

Anyone try their Geyser Peak Red Wine from the last appearance on Woot yet? Love to get in on some if there were favorable reviews.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
jcarlton03 wrote:How much more life are giving the Ardente? I loved every bottle I had, but wondering if I can drink through another three prior to this baby going dull. Any thoughts? I know a lot of this stuff has been tasted by the community...

IMO, you should be good, assuming proper storage, for another year, easily. I'd guess 2 years wouldn't be an issue.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Are you guys decanting the Ardente?

Will it hold up recorked (without RJ's fancy AR gassing) overnight, or does it fall apart on the second night?

I'm definitely in for the generically labeled Geyser Peak!! It sold out before I managed to pull the trigger last time around.

kylemittskus

bsevern wrote:Are you guys decanting the Ardente?

Will it hold up recorked (without RJ's fancy AR gassing) overnight, or does it fall apart on the second night?

I'm definitely in for the generically labeled Geyser Peak!! It sold out before I managed to pull the trigger last time around.

I decanted about an hour. Can't comment on day two. We finished the bottle.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Are you guys decanting the Ardente?

I found a misplaced bottle a couple months after the house was tented, that was opened before.
It hadn't held up.
Even with the Ar.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:I found a bottle a couple months after the house was tented, opened before.
It hadn't held up.
Even with the Ar.

Hahahah.

chipgreen

kylemittskus wrote:I decanted about an hour. Can't comment on day two. We finished the bottle.

I slow-ox'd the '97 for a few hours. We also finished the bottle that night, so no day 2 but day 1 was delicious!

Some people have commented on corked bottles. My thinking is that whatever is already corked is beyond worrying about, and whatever isn't corked should hold up just fine.

agushike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushike

I guess this is just a general board question...and most likely already talked to death, but why can't I get wine here in virginia? According to the wine institute and freethegrapes I can get up to two cases a year from a proprietor.

rjquillin

confusedemmy wrote:Are you a viognier fan and basing this review on other viogniers, or is this one of your first forays into the varietal?

I went in on this last time, and pulled a cork a couple of days ago and we drank with sushi/sashimi; it actually worked. This doesn't seem to be a typical Vio, at least from what I've had. It has a definite spice component I find pleasing I'm not accustomed to noting in a Vio, and it lacks much of the floral components I normally associate as well.

I'm really pretty tempted and have one in my cart, just waiting for a daily to bundle with. The PicoPico could have been it, but not for just four.

CT

jcassens5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcassens5

Oh goodness... 1997 Ardente... I don't know if I can resist.

I already have about 20 bottles of Ardente in my cooler...

I had vacuumed sealed this wine before for an extra day and it was still good on day-two for me! I don't have any notes for it though.

jcassens5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcassens5
fredrinaldi wrote:This wine was offered July 9th

why the comment:

Thanks 'Fredente'! Haha did you buy this last go-around? What did you think of it?

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

I three am looking for nods on the Geser Peak.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

eluofthenine wrote:I three am looking for nods on the Geser Peak.

This help?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nathanbsmith

ThunderThighs wrote:This help?

hahahaha

My CT

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

chipgreen

agushike wrote:I guess this is just a general board question...and most likely already talked to death, but why can't I get wine here in virginia? According to the wine institute and freethegrapes I can get up to two cases a year from a proprietor.

HERE is your answer.

fredrinaldi

jcassens5 wrote:Thanks 'Fredente'! Haha did you buy this last go-around? What did you think of it?

lol.
yes I did and 6 more this time around

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

pfffft!

bsevern

I'm surprised none of these have sold out....hmmm....

jenrizzo79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenrizzo79
bsevern wrote:I'm surprised none of these have sold out....hmmm....

Same here! I watched this for a few days, hemming and hawing as I've never tried the Ardente but all the comments finally pushed me over the edge. I keep coming back in hopes that it's sold out, so I can feel better about my purchase. :D

nathanbsmith

jenrizzo79 wrote:Same here! I watched this for a few days, hemming and hawing as I've never tried the Ardente but all the comments finally pushed me over the edge. I keep coming back in hopes that it's sold out, so I can feel better about my purchase. :D

I too am surprised the 1997 ardent is still available. There were 1050 cases produced for the 1997 vintage and this wine is still available on the winery web site at $55 per bottle. Interesting...

My CT

bsevern

nathanbsmith wrote:I too am surprised the 1997 ardent is still available. There were 1050 cases produced for the 1997 vintage and this wine is still available on the winery web site at $55 per bottle. Interesting...

Not to mention that the Geyser Peak Winery Red was an early sell out on it's initial woot offering.

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
nathanbsmith wrote:CT URLs

In for Ardente and 2007 Geyser Peak and the Geyser Peak Merlot!!

edit: It's a great day on woot to buy wine! Now it's time to drink some...

Well I'm in good company because I bought the same trifecta. Sure hope it gets delivered in good shape.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

nathanbsmith

Anyone know the drinking window for the 2007 Geyser Peak Winery Red Wine?

My CT