WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Malbec Grenache Cab Blanc Noir

What happens when a Malbec, a Pinot Noir, a Grenache Blanc, and a Cabernet get together to be in the same plus sale? We don't know, but we're sure there're gonna be a lot of WACKY results!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Holey Moley Copa Cab again ????? How much of the **** did they produce?

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
fredrinaldi wrote:Holey Moley Copa Cab again ????? How much of the **** did they produce?

More than you can possibly drink.

CT

fredrinaldi

BTW why do they show RBW's "bad Moon Rising" in the main page of the "woot plus" and Malbec in the offer, I'd jump all over the BMR.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cortot20 wrote:More than you can possibly drink.

Throws down the challenge glove.

PS: I'm asking about the banner art.
Update: Little bit of cropping and the problem is solved. LOL

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
fredrinaldi wrote:Holey Moley Copa Cab again ????? How much of the **** did they produce?

Same could probably be said about the 2009 Martian Grenache Blanc. That one just won't run out.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

SBI PN is a great daily drinker at a great price for PN.

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

redwinefan wrote:Same could probably be said about the 2009 Martian Grenache Blanc. That one just won't run out.

I don't think it sells that well. Thus repeat offers to move it. My wife enjoyed the flavor profile but found the wine to be too heavy on the tongue. I enjoyed it more. But she drinks most of the whites so it is not a rebuy.

CT

fredrinaldi

ThunderThighs wrote:Throws down the challenge glove.

PS: I'm asking about the banner art.
Update: Little bit of cropping and the problem is solved. LOL

Bummer was hoping it was the Bad Moon Rising being offered. Might try the Malbec, got time to think about it. thanks

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt
fredrinaldi wrote:Bummer was hoping it was the Bad Moon Rising being offered. Might try the Malbec, got time to think about it. thanks

Try it you will like it! If not ship it to me and I will drink it.

It's like whoa!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
fredrinaldi wrote:Bummer was hoping it was the Bad Moon Rising being offered. Might try the Malbec, got time to think about it. thanks

I thought you've bought this Malbec a couple of different times now?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

North316 wrote:I thought you've bought this Malbec a couple of different times now?

Your right it was called Winter Reds in the Jan woot off. I do like it,
not really in it this morning just got the results of an MRI this week and it seems I have torn my achilles now waiting for a Ortho appointment,
so much for golf and possibly my trip to Austin in august.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
fredrinaldi wrote:Your right it was called Winter Reds in the Jan woot off. I do like it,
not really in it this morning just got the results of an MRI this week and it seems I have torn my achilles now waiting for a Ortho appointment,

Ouch sorry to hear that

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
fredrinaldi wrote:Your right it was called Winter Reds in the Jan woot off. I do like it,

Bummer Fred. Hope you recover as quickly as possible. I grew up around Austin - not to be missed! I remember reading you were thinking about retiring there. Awesome choice

fredrinaldi

tdedek wrote:Bummer Fred. Hope you recover as quickly as possible. I grew up around Austin - not to be missed! I remember reading you were thinking about retiring there. Awesome choice

thanks

Your right were going to look at houses, c/o the weather and all around, My son was interviewed for the Austin FD last week and Daughters are about 10 hrs away. see the Ortho today so I'll know more after that, really want to make the trip

edit bad news
moving to
Deals on Other Wines and Accessories III

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

The Grenache Blanc is well worth the money if you even remotely like whites.

The Copa Del Rey is decent for steak marinades or if you want to start your own homemade balsamic bucket. Or perhaps degrease a submarine.

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I like the copa for a good everyday wine. I drink it a couple of times a week. I am getting low so will probably buy. Can't beat a steady, solid wine for under 10 bucks a bottle shipped. Plus I can cook with it, and marinate meats, and not break the bank!!!

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
greyday wrote:The Grenache Blanc is well worth the money if you even remotely like whites.

The Copa Del Rey is decent for steak marinades or if you want to start your own homemade balsamic bucket. Or perhaps degrease a submarine.

Do you have any tasting notes for the Grenache Blanc? I have considered this offer before but never seen to get much from those who have tasted it. I did see one wooters notes on CT but would appreciate additional feedback.

Regarding the "balsamic bucket" idea for the Copa. Sound interesting. What do you do?

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Hows the pinot? Compared to Mirrisou?

aprilbolin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aprilbolin

Hey Fred, I'm in Austin right now visiting friends. It's too.damned.hot. Postpone till October and its a perfect place to visit.

As for the Malbec, its awesome. I'm sorry to see it offered right now because I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore wine until I'm off the meds that don't allow any alcohol. (And believe me, I tested that one with more than a little regret).

fredrinaldi

aprilbolin wrote:Hey Fred, I'm in Austin right now visiting friends. It's too.damned.hot. Postpone till October and its a perfect place to visit.

As for the Malbec, its awesome. I'm sorry to see it offered right now because I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore wine until I'm off the meds that don't allow any alcohol. (And believe me, I tested that one with more than a little regret).

I'm thinking of retiring there, so I want to go at the worst weather time to see if I can handle it.

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

I haven't been around in a while, so I might've missed previous offers -- but this Grenache Blanc looks fantastic.
There aren't a ton of stats, but the alc % looks manageable and the farm appears to be bio (cue nasty comments from Kyle, etc).
CT notes aren't glowing, but reading btw the lines, it sounds like a white rhone that's more to my palate than the tasters. Looks like a buy.

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

greezyg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg

Living in Austin, where it will be around 100° for the next week. Should I hold off on buying any wine due to the heat related with shipping?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greezyg wrote:Living in Austin, where it will be around 100° for the next week. Should I hold off on buying any wine due to the heat related with shipping?

WD just posted this in the daily thread:

Winedavid39 wrote:Hello. Special care is given when shipping wine during this time of year.

We've become really good at it.

Focus on timing, reefer trucks, packaging, all work together to ensure wine is delivered safe and sound. if there is a (rare) problem, contact support@woot.

thanks,

WD

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
beefytaco wrote:farm appears to be bio (cue nasty comments from Kyle, etc).

I, uh, yeah. Guilty.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
kylemittskus wrote:I, uh, yeah. Guilty.

hahah! Too easy.

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

cortot20

beefytaco wrote:I haven't been around in a while, so I might've missed previous offers -- but this Grenache Blanc looks fantastic.
There aren't a ton of stats, but the alc % looks manageable and the farm appears to be bio (cue nasty comments from Kyle, etc).
CT notes aren't glowing, but reading btw the lines, it sounds like a white rhone that's more to my palate than the tasters. Looks like a buy.

It's heavier than I thought it would be but had a nice flavor profile. My wife didn't want it again but I thought it was an interesting style and liked it more than she did.

CT

schaeferr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages schaeferr

We are running low on Pinot, so, since I pulled the trigger on the SH Syrah, I went in for one of the "So Be It"s.

Is there anything better than good-quality $11.50/bottle (w/tax & shipping) Pinot?

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

had some of the malbec a few days ago while "crafting" (drinking wine and sewing). really my friend just made me taste it to see if she had really let it skunk. she left it in her car for 3 weeks in hot and humid florida.

moral of the story: like milk gone bad, when someone says "hey try this i think it's skunked," it's a trap! do not try it; it really is skunked.

i'm sure it's a good wine when not skunked (i had the RBW cab and that's pretty good).

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

Damn. I would have jumped on that Malbec.

I'm curious about the Grenache. I haven't seen it here before, but I don't check in often. I have, however, seen the Copa about 12 times.... can't believe that stuff it still hanging around.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
greezyg wrote:Living in Austin, where it will be around 100° for the next week. Should I hold off on buying any wine due to the heat related with shipping?

I live in Austin, and Woot summer shipping generally works. Just make sure you get your delivery sent to a UPS Store or Fedex location so that it isn't driving around all day in the heat.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
slicey wrote:Damn. I would have jumped on that Malbec.

I'm curious about the Grenache. I haven't seen it here before, but I don't check in often. I have, however, seen the Copa about 12 times.... can't believe that stuff it still hanging around.

It's been offered at least 20 times, no exaggeration. WD said it was the best-selling woot-off wine ever.

And as many wines as I have bought here and as long as I've been around these parts, I have never bought it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

I'm very bummed I missed a chance to grab more of the Malbec. If you find extra bottles, I volunteer to give you money for them!

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey
kylemittskus wrote:It's been offered at least 20 times, no exaggeration. WD said it was the best-selling woot-off wine ever.

And as many wines as I have bought here and as long as I've been around these parts, I have never bought it.

I've never bought it, either. I've been tempted by the price point, but kept away by the sheer number of times I've seen it up for grabs.