MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
merbill wrote:I like those distributions. Much better than last year, especially the top 25. I like seeing some TE's up there (oh wait, that didn't come out right...).

Seems like we still have too many WRs in the top 25 and not enough RBs.

Last year was around the same numbers, this year it seems we just moved them from the QB to the WR.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
chipgreen wrote:I wish we could use TE as a Flex play, is that a possible option for next season? I've tried repeatedly to land a low-end WR1/high-end WR2 for Jordan Cameron but nobody seems to be interested, so I have to choose between him and Jimmy Graham each week.

I agree with you on the flex request. If we keep it a full PPR league next year, I'll add TE to the flex position. More options are always better than fewer.

As for Cameron, you could always lower your standards and trade him for a WR2/3 who is better than your normal flex-play (Amendola or Heyward-Bey). At least then your team might score more points overall, since Cameron won't see your line-up unless Graham gets hurt.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:I agree with you on the flex request. If we keep it a full PPR league next year, I'll add TE to the flex position. More options are always better than fewer.

As for Cameron, you could always lower your standards and trade him for a WR2/3 who is better than your normal flex-play (Amendola or Heyward-Bey). At least then your team might score more points overall, since Cameron won't see your line-up unless Graham gets hurt.

+1

An alternative could be to just combine the WR and TE positions, eliminating the TE slot. The league I started in used to do that, not sure if it was because the software wouldn't let us or another reason.

I used to like having the TE as a separate slot, but each year we seem to have 3 or 4 super TE's, and the rest are hit or miss. It might be easier if we just combine the two, and not worry about the TE slot.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Need to break this year's curse.

Lose 2 games, win 1. Repeat. Twice.

Hopefully, the next 3 games won't be a repeat!!

MarkDaSpark

A big Ouch for HaK this week!!

He scored more than projected (around 30+ more) for himself and his opponent (chipgreen), who also proceeded to score more (around 35 pts.) than projected.

Ouch! And HaK had the #1 QB this week too!

Double Ouch for using his Optimal Lineup as well!

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

In unrelated news, who knew it'd be so damn hard to get a Basketball league going?!?!?! We've been stuck at 5 managers for weeks and can't get the autodraft going.

Someone jump on this grenade!

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/wine_wooters

If that doesn't work, search for league # 96601. No password needed.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:In unrelated news, who knew it'd be so damn hard to get a Basketball league going?!?!?! We've been stuck at 5 managers for weeks and can't get the autodraft going.

Someone jump on this grenade!

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/wine_wooters

If that doesn't work, search for league # 96601. No password needed.

See, if they made it so that you'd only need to worry about a weekly lineup, I'd be in!

But until then, I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:See, if they made it so that you'd only need to worry about a weekly lineup, I'd be in!

But until then, I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

You can set your lineup as far in advance as you like, then would only need to reset in case of injuries, trades or free agent acquisitions. It's more work because you have to set it for each day but it's easy enough to swap guys in and out based on their scheduled games.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Another game that comes down to Monday night for me and Chipgreen.

Looks like BFD made it to the championship already, getting that rare "W" against the Cereal Rapists.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chipgreen

polarbear22 wrote:Another game that comes down to Monday night for me and Chipgreen.

Looks like BFD made it to the championship already, getting that rare "W" against the Cereal Rapists.

Yes, I'm just glad to still have a chance with no AP and a poor performance by Graham. I need to call Tonya Harding for Jeff Gilooly's number so he can do a job on Reggie Bush's knee for me. Otherwise I'll be lucky to get 10 pts. out of Joique Bell tonight.

Good luck. Here's hoping that whichever of us wins tonight goes on to take the trophy and the highly coveted River of Skulls!

chipgreen

Done in by a Kicker! Now I know how the players feel when they spill their blood for 60 minutes only to have the outcome decided by a converted soccer player, haha.

Congrats, PB! Good luck in the Final.

polarbear22

chipgreen wrote:Done in by a Kicker! Now I know how the players feel when they spill their blood for 60 minutes only to have the outcome decided by a converted soccer player, haha.

Congrats, PB! Good luck in the Final.

Thank you. Quite a surprise to see that my kicker got me the win.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

chipgreen

polarbear22 wrote:Thank you. Quite a surprise to see that my kicker got me the win.

I think you had me by a couple points even without Tucker's performance but he put up video game numbers! Congrats again.

polarbear22

What a week for everyone to crap out. I mean everyone. Tip of the hat to BFD. Favored at the start, and pulled it off. Never expected to get this far, but can't get River of Skulls here in CT, and almost made it.

Great season. Fun times.

Oh, and Chip Green, great job in 3rd. Not much different, and you would be champ. Well done.

My Cellar

chipgreen

Congrats to BFD on the championship and to PB on a great season! Thanks to everyone who participated, it was a lot of fun.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
chipgreen wrote:Congrats to BFD on the championship and to PB on a great season! Thanks to everyone who participated, it was a lot of fun.

+11

I did not have the best team, but I definitelly had the best luck. And in Head-to-Head, luck rules. Thanks everyone for a great year and a delicious bottle of wine. See you all next year.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:+11

I did not have the best team, but I definitelly had the best luck. And in Head-to-Head, luck rules. Thanks everyone for a great year and a delicious bottle of wine. See you all next year.

Let's see, that was Pinkie Swear, wasn't it?