MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
merbill wrote:I put in negative points for missing XP's and FG's under 40 yards. If players can lose points for fumbling, then kickers can lose points for failing in thier job too. It will have a very minor impact since kickers rarely miss short kicks.

With the defenses, since we're counting return TDs this year in the Def scoring (not yahoo default, btw), I reduced the points allowed bands to partly offset it.

Anyway, in league news, we have 12 teams, so I've closed the league and randomized the draft order. Check the league page and see where you're at. If you wanted to draft last, sorry but I got that.

And I protested said changes. You should have left them Yahoo Defaults.

The defense changes you made will really cause problems, since more than half the teams will go negative based on stats.

And Kickers don't make that many points, so it really doesn't help to give them negative points. Especially when it's the coach's decision to go for a long field goal.

And actually, Def/ST points are the default. We were not using it. Somehow, we got off the default Scoring kickoff and punt return yards and touchdowns in Fantasy Football in our league.

Edit: And it was default last year too. My son was commish for his league, and used Yahoo defaults, and we got points for Def/ST scores.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Ok, I've looked all over. Where do I find the draft picking order?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Ok, I've looked all over. Where do I find the draft picking order?

Under the Draft Central/Draft Results pull down menus. A little counter-intuitive since we don't have draft results yet, but the order is listed there. You've got 7th position.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

HitAnyKey42

merbill wrote:Under the Draft Central/Draft Results pull down menus. A little counter-intuitive since we don't have draft results yet, but the order is listed there. You've got 7th position.

Blah...one of the worst possible spots. Thanks a lot merbill!!

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:And I protested said changes. You should have left them Yahoo Defaults.

The defense changes you made will really cause problems, since more than half the teams will go negative based on stats.

And Kickers don't make that many points, so it really doesn't help to give them negative points. Especially when it's the coach's decision to go for a long field goal.

And actually, Def/ST points are the default. We were not using it. Somehow, we got off the default Scoring kickoff and punt return yards and touchdowns in Fantasy Football in our league.

Quick couple of counter-points:
Remember we have 12 teams, so in any 1 week only 12 K & Def out of 32 will be in play, presumably the 12 best.

The negative K points are only for missed XPs and FGs under 40 yards; no penalty for missing long FGs (40+ yrds). Last year, only 1 K out of the top 25 missed more than 3 short FG/XP, so the impact will be -3 or less per K.

As for Def, the top 15 Def last year allowed 332 points or less, or under 21/game. The major change penalizes bad games (28+ PA) an extra 3 points. Good games are still rewarded. Play a good Def and you will usually do well, plus you get return TDs this year.

Draft in under 5 hours - get your predraft rankings done within 4 hours! Oh, and be sure to check that the draft app works on your computer! The yahoo email has a link to test it.

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:Quick couple of counter-points:
Remember we have 12 teams, so in any 1 week only 12 K & Def out of 32 will be in play, presumably the 12 best.

The negative K points are only for missed XPs and FGs under 40 yards; no penalty for missing long FGs (40+ yrds). Last year, only 1 K out of the top 25 missed more than 3 short FG/XP, so the impact will be -3 or less per K.

As for Def, the top 15 Def last year allowed 332 points or less, or under 21/game. The major change penalizes bad games (28+ PA) an extra 3 points. Good games are still rewarded. Play a good Def and you will usually do well, plus you get return TDs this year.

Draft in under 5 hours - get your predraft rankings done within 4 hours! Oh, and be sure to check that the draft app works on your computer! The yahoo email has a link to test it.

Except with bench spots, you may not have a chance to have one of those "Top 15" teams. And you made the changes under a false assumption (i.e., that points for Def/ST wasn't the Yahoo Default).

I'd hate for an owner to lose a game because their Def/St got negative points.

Plus, there is no even steven (i.e., 0 points) spot. Your Def/St either gets points or gets negative points.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Well, that was fun. I just wish I had known what the heck I was doing.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

HitAnyKey42

coynedj wrote:Well, that was fun. I just wish I had known what the heck I was doing.

I just wish I had remembered to show up before the last two rounds of picking.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I just wish I had remembered to show up before the last two rounds of picking.

You still got a better score than most of us!

Draft Grades

Woot 4 the Home Team A
Rick Roll Ducks B+
Grey Teeth B
Wicked Wineaux B
Implosions of Uranus B
Gamesters B
BioDynamics B
Maulers B-
VikingBears C+
Wookiees C
Dream Crushers C
Columbian Ticklemice C-

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

"Rick Roll Ducks", lol

coynedj

MarkDaSpark wrote:You still got a better score than most of us!

Draft Grades

Woot 4 the Home Team A
Rick Roll Ducks B+
Grey Teeth B
Wicked Wineaux B
Implosions of Uranus B
Gamesters B
BioDynamics B
Maulers B-
VikingBears C+
Wookiees C
Dream Crushers C
Columbian Ticklemice C-

I should be able to beat expectations, if the expectations are last place. Can't do worse, you know.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Peyton Manning. That is all.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Like how Peterson and the Vikings start the season. 78 yard run for a TD. Makes the idea of 2500 yards seem believable.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Are both leagues PPR this year? I guess I was unaware of this change from the previous years. Should pay better attention.

polarbear22

pengu1n wrote:Are both leagues PPR this year? I guess I was unaware of this change from the previous years. Should pay better attention.

Ours increased from 0.5 points per to a full point. Makes WR more valuable. Though RB that catches out of the backfield and runs still seems the most. With negative points on QB, they are dropping.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Ours increased from 0.5 points per to a full point. Makes WR more valuable. Though RB that catches out of the backfield and runs still seems the most. With negative points on QB, they are dropping.

Just hoping for a high scoring game from the Chargers tonight. As in negative points for Houston D.

coynedj

My team sucked so bad, I'm thinking about renaming them the Jacksonville Jaguars.

MarkDaSpark

coynedj wrote:My team sucked so bad, I'm thinking about renaming them the Jacksonville Jaguars.

On the bright side, you have that all important 1st Waiver Pick!

Although I may have the 3rd (or 2nd) pick.

denise4080

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denise4080

In our league I have a poll going over a question to "cant cut list". Only three votes so far.
I only see 2 options yahoo default or none. Having only 8 teams made it more on each team. I am good either way if you have a opinion please vote.

MarkDaSpark

denise4080 wrote:In our league I have a poll going over a question to "cant cut list". Only three votes so far.
I only see 2 options yahoo default or none. Having only 8 teams made it more on each team. I am good either way if you have a opinion please vote.

IIRC, in my son's league last year, we removed it, mostly due to the small size of the league and the problems it caused.

MarkDaSpark

Halftime, and still hanging on to a narrow lead by the hair on my chinny chin-chin!

MarkDaSpark

Week 3, and the Sparky curse is in full effect.

Week 1 - D. Wilson fumbles repeatedly and is pulled.

Week 2 - D. Wilson is barely in the game. R. Bush is pulled for the 2nd half due to injury.

Week 3 - R. Bush is inactive today with a great matchup. J. Finley goes out early with injury. J. Starks goes out with injury. Neither appears that they will return. Oh, and Bowe disappeared during the Thursday game til the end.

HitAnyKey42

MarkDaSpark wrote:Week 3, and the Sparky curse is in full effect.

You still beat me by 0.74 points, you peanut butter jelly timeer!!!! First PB beats me last week by 2.18pts...and now you by less than a point?!?!?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:You still beat me by 0.74 points, you peanut butter jelly timeer!!!! First PB beats me last week by 2.18pts...and now you by less than a point?!?!?

You have no one to blame but yourself. You played V. Davis, and he was declared inactive early this morning!

And while Bush may be back next week, I still need to worry about Finley, Spiller, & Starks. As well as the rest of my underperforming WR's.

Edit: "Maulers would not have beaten any other team in the league besides Wicked Wineaux this week."

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:You still beat me by 0.74 points, you peanut butter jelly timeer!!!! First PB beats me last week by 2.18pts...and now you by less than a point?!?!?

Oh, and thanks for the Medal!

"Venza Head Turner
Just like the Toyota Venza, you've got all the eyes on you. You squeaked by with the smallest margin of victory -- so enjoy the W and the Head Turner medal."

And perhaps it's time to change your sig?

MarkDaSpark

Son of a .... forgot to put in my weekly picks for our league today!

Merbill, any chance you can edit/input them for me?

MarkDaSpark

And yes, the new changes cost me this week's game.

-4 for sacks from T. Pryor

-3 for a missed 30+ yard FG from N. Novak

-4 for total points from the Falcons D.

Course, if I had put Fred Jackson instead of hesitating last Thursday afternoon, this would be moot. But who would have thought he'd get 25+ points?

Merbill better hide for the rest of the season.

Edit: And I vote for a new Commish next year. One that has us vote on rule changes before implementing them.

polarbear22

Can't believe it. MN gave up too many fumbles for field goals, and it ends up as a tie for Java and I. Just a little correction for either of us will decide the game.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Can't believe it. MN gave up too many fumbles for field goals, and it ends up as a tie for Java and I. Just a little correction for either of us will decide the game.

I need them to find 2 more Fumbles for Decker.

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:I need them to find 2 more Fumbles for Decker.

Hey, you and I play this week. And lucky you. Week 8 was projected to be my worst week with too many early draft players on Bye. I will do my best, since beating the Maulers is one of the best parts of the season, but you have the edge this week.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Hey, you and I play this week. And lucky you. Week 8 was projected to be my worst week with too many early draft players on Bye. I will do my best, since beating the Maulers is one of the best parts of the season, but you have the edge this week.

I had the edge last week too, led all the way up to the late Sunday night game. Fracking Andrew Luck not throwing TD's to Hilton.

MarkDaSpark

No one to blame but myself this week.

First I release Randle after reading that DeMarco Murray will play. Who is inactive today.

Then, dither back and forth about dropping Bowe and picking up K. Stills or Lance Moore and wait too long. Stills has around 17 points already and Moore has 12+ points, compared to Bowe's 1.70 points.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda ....

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Bummer for HAK but Vick got pulled early and with negative points. Looking good for me this week.

And yeah, what's up with that tie PB?!?!?!?!

And Sparky, you need to let the point thing die. It is what it is and we're all affected the same way. I don't agree with everything MB has done either but this is just for fun and I'm having a good time as I have every year. Ousting a commish (which is a volunteer position no one else is stepping up for) wouldn't change a thing.

So next year, start your own league with your rules. I'll happily join both!!!

In other news, anyone want to join our basketball league? We're stuck at 4 managers right now.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:Bummer for HAK but Vick got pulled early and with negative points. Looking good for me this week.

And yeah, what's up with that tie PB?!?!?!?!

And Sparky, you need to let the point thing die. It is what it is and we're all affected the same way. I don't agree with everything MB has done either but this is just for fun and I'm having a good time as I have every year. Ousting a commish (which is a volunteer position no one else is stepping up for) wouldn't change a thing.

So next year, start your own league with your rules. I'll happily join both!!!

In other news, anyone want to join our basketball league? We're stuck at 4 managers right now.

Never!!!!

I never have a problem when it's a joint consensus, only when it's an arbitrary change that hasn't fully been discussed. Which these point changes weren't.

And I really haven't brought them up in a while, so Where's the Horror? are you talking about?

Edit: Latest posts in the Yahoo message board was about something I thought I read on a Yahoo board. It was about allowing a Waiver Pick trade for a player (say someone has the #1 Waiver pick, and someone else wants to trade a player for that pick) for next year.

But Merbill responded he didn't see that as an option, so I need to see where I saw it.

polarbear22

What happenned? I thought I was out. Sparky's QB throwing to my WR. I knew WR gets more points than the QB, but I had a lot of ground to make up. But somehow?

I will have to check out the stats when I get home.

Here's to lucky.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:What happenned? I thought I was out. Sparky's QB throwing to my WR. I knew WR gets more points than the QB, but I had a lot of ground to make up. But somehow?

I will have to check out the stats when I get home.

Here's to lucky.

WR's get 1 pt per reception plus 1 pt per 10 yards receiving. Plus 2 more pts per TD (6 vs. 4 for QB).

Plus, while it's only -1 pt per INT for QB's now, it's also -1 pt per sack.

Brady had 1 INT and 3 sacks (-4), while Wilson had 7 sacks (-7). Those 7 wouldn't have helped me win, since Tate got 14 pts from receptions and yardage while Wilson got 7 pts from passing/rushing yardage.

It'll be interesting to see how the distribution is for position this year. Last year, the Top 6 were even, 2 + 2 + 2. Top 12 were almost even (5 QB, 3 RB, & 4 WR) while the Top 25 was telling (9 QB, 5 RB, & 11 WR).

While the new PPR might increase the WR numbers, it should also help those RB's who also get receptions. The -1 for sacks probably won't hurt the top QB's, but definitely hurt those with bad OL's.

Currently ...

Top 6 = 2 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR

Top 12 = 3 QB / 3 RB / 5 WR / 1 TE (TE? Where's the Horror?? )

Top 25 = 6 QB / 6 RB / 10 WR / 3 TE

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:WR's get 1 pt per reception plus 1 pt per 10 yards receiving. Plus 2 more pts per TD (6 vs. 4 for QB).

Plus, while it's only -1 pt per INT for QB's now, it's also -1 pt per sack.

Brady had 1 INT and 3 sacks (-4), while Wilson had 7 sacks (-7). Those 7 wouldn't have helped me win, since Tate got 14 pts from receptions and yardage while Wilson got 7 pts from passing/rushing yardage.

It'll be interesting to see how the distribution is for position this year. Last year, the Top 6 were even, 2 + 2 + 2. Top 12 were almost even (5 QB, 3 RB, & 4 WR) while the Top 25 was telling (9 QB, 5 RB, & 11 WR).

While the new PPR might increase the WR numbers, it should also help those RB's who also get receptions. The -1 for sacks probably won't hurt the top QB's, but definitely hurt those with bad OL's.

Currently ...

Thanks. The thing in my head that I was missing was the point per reception.

Sacks on QB has been killing me this year. Brady and the Patsy OL are doing poorly. Getting Gronk back may help him. But Brady is turning out to be a bad pick. Probably should have avoided him anyway, since I like to root against the Pats and now I find I am rooting for Brady, but still against them overall. Kind of conflicted.

My Cellar

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:
Currently ...

I like those distributions. Much better than last year, especially the top 25. I like seeing some TE's up there (oh wait, that didn't come out right...).

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
merbill wrote:I like those distributions. Much better than last year, especially the top 25. I like seeing some TE's up there (oh wait, that didn't come out right...).

I wish we could use TE as a Flex play, is that a possible option for next season? I've tried repeatedly to land a low-end WR1/high-end WR2 for Jordan Cameron but nobody seems to be interested, so I have to choose between him and Jimmy Graham each week.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Thanks. The thing in my head that I was missing was the point per reception.

Sacks on QB has been killing me this year. Brady and the Patsy OL are doing poorly. Getting Gronk back may help him. But Brady is turning out to be a bad pick. Probably should have avoided him anyway, since I like to root against the Pats and now I find I am rooting for Brady, but still against them overall. Kind of conflicted.

Yes, sacks on QBs has been bad for me as well. I prefer -2 for INTs and no penalty for sacks on QBs.

And I think Brady was one of the QBs in the top 25 ...

Edit: Nope, that was last year. So far this year, it's P. Manning, Stafford, Brees, Romo, Rodgers, & Dalton.