denise4080

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denise4080

Not sure if we already have a thread for this year, if I missed it just let this one die.
I just became the commish for one of the leagues. I would like to change the draft date to one week earlier so I can attend the live draft. Anytime before Aug 30 would work for me. Anyone in the league please let me know how you feel about that. We also have openings, I think I just need emails to invite. This is my first time as commish so LMK if I need to do anything like change settings.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
denise4080 wrote:Not sure if we already have a thread for this year, if I missed it just let this one die.
I just became the commish for one of the leagues. I would like to change the draft date to one week earlier so I can attend the live draft. Anytime before Aug 30 would work for me. Anyone in the league please let me know how you feel about that. We also have openings, I think I just need emails to invite. This is my first time as commish so LMK if I need to do anything like change settings.

Congrats. Who did you take over from and what is the name of the league? We had two last year.

And I don't think we started a thread yet for this year.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Last year's FFL thread

Last page (3) has some suggestions for changes for one of the leagues which should be discussed.

IIRC,

A) Drop QB points
B) Bump PPR points (go a full point per reception).
C) Changes in Waivers

Which were the discussion points.

I'd also like to make sure that this year the DEF/ST gets points for their TD's!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

denise4080

MarkDaSpark wrote:Congrats. Who did you take over from and what is the name of the league? We had two last year.

And I don't think we started a thread yet for this year.

doomdoom who I think was Jetsjetsjets last year was commish and just dropped out today. He sent me a email and asked me to be commish. Not sure of our woot league name but our yahoo league name is Wine Wooters.

MarkDaSpark

denise4080 wrote:doomdoom who I think was Jetsjetsjets last year was commish and just dropped out today. He sent me a email and asked me to be commish. Not sure of our woot league name but our yahoo league name is Wine Wooters.

Merbill is for our group (of 12 last year), so you were in the other group with joelsisk.

IIRC, our league is Return of the Wine Wooters.

denise4080

MarkDaSpark wrote:Last year's FFL thread

Last page (3) has some suggestions for changes for one of the leagues which should be discussed.

IIRC,

A) Drop QB points
B) Bump PPR points (go a full point per reception).
C) Changes in Waivers

Which were the discussion points.

I'd also like to make sure that this year the DEF/ST gets points for their TD's!

Being new to this here is the info I have for my league. LMK if I am looking at the wrong settings.
A-passing 20 yards per point
passing TDs 4
interceptions -1

B-reception yards 10 yards per point
reception TD 6

C-waiver time 2 days
type- weekly rolling based on standings
weekly-sun-tue
post draft-follow wavier rules

DEF/ST -TD 6

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:Merbill is for our group (of 12 last year), so you were in the other group with joelsisk.

IIRC, our league is Return of the Wine Wooters.

I renewed the Return of the Wine Wooters league. Look for your email invites and sign up.

Those of you interested in joining one of these unofficial woot leagues for the first time, please post your interest here. We always have a few slots open up before the draft.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Oh, sure. I signed back up. I must avenge last year's poor showing.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20

re-upped. You guys are in so much trouble. Rhino Stomp!!!!!!!

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

If you guys can't happen to fill either league I could be enticed into joining, though I am already in 3 leagues and don't really need a fourth.

I also run a pick'em league in the pursuit of the almighty dolla. $35 covers the full season. Weekly prize for best record and season prizes for top 3 overall records. If anyone is seriously interest, feel free to PM me for information. I try not expand the league too much and is mostly limited to co-workers, ex-coworkers, clients, friends, etc. I think we had somewhere between 40-45 people last year, so if I happen get a huge flood of PMs and ignore your's it is because I am limiting the league.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

merbill

In the WW2 league, 7 teams out of 12 have rejoined. If they don't all come back, there will be openings for newbys. Not for a couple of more weeks, tho. No rush. NFL kickoff is Sep 4 or 5.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
merbill wrote:In the WW2 league, 7 teams out of 12 have rejoined. If they don't all come back, there will be openings for newbys. Not for a couple of more weeks, tho. No rush. NFL kickoff is Sep 4 or 5.

Have to get my tail in gear and sign up. Have to do it from home, as blocked at work. And I don't think the phone app will let me sign up. But will try that.

Putting the polar in the VikingBears.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

denise4080

merbill wrote:In the WW2 league, 7 teams out of 12 have rejoined. If they don't all come back, there will be openings for newbys. Not for a couple of more weeks, tho. No rush. NFL kickoff is Sep 4 or 5.

7 teams signed up in my league too. Anyone interested let me know.

denise4080

New to being a commish how and when does our league get draft order? What do I need to do on my end? Thanks for any help.

cortot20

denise4080 wrote:New to being a commish how and when does our league get draft order? What do I need to do on my end? Thanks for any help.

Steps to get the ball rolling.
1. Set up date and time for live draft
2. Once all teams have joined finalize your league which is at the bottom of commish settings. At this point it will make you either auto-randomize the draft order or pull names from a hat and set it up yourself.

CT

denise4080

cortot20 wrote:Steps to get the ball rolling.
1. Set up date and time for live draft
2. Once all teams have joined finalize your league which is at the bottom of commish settings. At this point it will make you either auto-randomize the draft order or pull names from a hat and set it up yourself.

I got the time and date done. I would think the auto random is the way to go. Can we get that order early so we can plan? I didn't finalize yet but we have even teams and draft is a little more than 2 weeks away.

cortot20

denise4080 wrote:I got the time and date done. I would think the auto random is the way to go. Can we get that order early so we can plan? I didn't finalize yet but we have even teams and draft is a little more than 2 weeks away.

You can get the order after you finalize teams.

CT

denise4080

cortot20 wrote:You can get the order after you finalize teams.

Thanks!

cortot20

merbill wrote:I renewed the Return of the Wine Wooters league. Look for your email invites and sign up.

Those of you interested in joining one of these unofficial woot leagues for the first time, please post your interest here. We always have a few slots open up before the draft.

Please delete my team and find another manager, i have to many teams this year and don't want to over commit.

CT

MarkDaSpark

My son and his friend would like to join us from his league, since it's just the three of us there.

denise4080

My league is at 8. If anyone else in interested LMK before I finalize it. Draft in about 2 weeks. I am going to finalize in 2 days.

denise4080

denise4080 wrote:My league is at 8. If anyone else in interested LMK before I finalize it. Draft in about 2 weeks. I am going to finalize in 2 days.

One team just dropped out we need 1 more.

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:My son and his friend would like to join us from his league, since it's just the three of us there.

That's fine. As the Good Witch said to Dorothy, "you had the power all along". The League ID number is at the top of the league scoring & settings tab (I don't see a password, so I guess we don't have one, although you can check the email you got from the league when I renewed it).

4 Managers from last year have yet to rejoin: HAK (I think he's been a little busy lately), Alexa84, tytiger, and pengu1n. I hope to hear from them soon.

merbill

cortot20 wrote:Please delete my team and find another manager, i have to many teams this year and don't want to over commit.

Maybe we'll keep you as a robo-team. It'll be like a second bye week during the season

I think you can drop yourself, like the team in the other league did. I hate being the grim reaper.

merbill

denise4080 wrote:My league is at 8. If anyone else in interested LMK before I finalize it. Draft in about 2 weeks. I am going to finalize in 2 days.

No need to rush. I probably won't finalize until the last weekend. Some people like to know their draft position early, but not knowing until an hour before the draft is exciting too.

denise4080

merbill wrote:No need to rush. I probably won't finalize until the last weekend. Some people like to know their draft position early, but not knowing until an hour before the draft is exciting too.

I hate not knowing. After I find out I do a ton of mock drafts and take notes. Then comes draft day and I end up doing crazy things and the mock drafts were really no help. But I still like to know.

cortot20

merbill wrote:Maybe we'll keep you as a robo-team. It'll be like a second bye week during the season

I think you can drop yourself, like the team in the other league did. I hate being the grim reaper.

dropped myself, good luck everyone.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Should we combine the two leagues? Seems like they're both about half full...

denise4080

We got 8 teams. Yahoo picked the draft order:
1. Iceman Cometh
2. Grumble On
3. gambling gal
4. Hoping for a...
5. Rice Rice Baby
6. Pittsburgh P...
7. Sonny Sundays
8. Woot for the...

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Looks like we also have 8 and I don't think Mark's son and friend have joined yet so yeah, too many for one league.

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:My son and his friend would like to join us from his league, since it's just the three of us there.

Still waiting for them (and HAK!) to join.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to throw the league open to the unwashed masses, especially since the other league is now locked. Use the invite link here:
Invitation URL

We have 8 teams (10 if Sparky's invites come through). I'd prefer 12 (or even 14, but no more than 16). We must end up with an even number of teams since its head-to-head, so last one in could get bumped.

Its also OK if the members of the other woot league want to join, as long as they pledge to be active in both leagues, not just the one they're doing better in.

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:Still waiting for them (and HAK!) to join.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to throw the league open to the unwashed masses, especially since the other league is now locked. Use the invite link here:
Invitation URL

We have 8 teams (10 if Sparky's invites come through). I'd prefer 12 (or even 14, but no more than 16). We must end up with an even number of teams since its head-to-head, so last one in could get bumped.

Its also OK if the members of the other woot league want to join, as long as they pledge to be active in both leagues, not just the one they're doing better in.

Sorry, sent them the wrong type of invite, and re-sent it to them today.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

I just rejoined. I never check my yahoo email so didn't see it until now. That makes 11 teams in the Return of the Wine Wooters league.

MarkDaSpark

pengu1n wrote:I just rejoined. I never check my yahoo email so didn't see it until now. That makes 11 teams in the Return of the Wine Wooters league.

Wait, I thought we were un-even with HaK. If you joined, why are we back to 11?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Wait, I thought we were un-even with HaK. If you joined, why are we back to 11?

I just did the official rejoin on the website (had to do it from my phone since the site is blocked at work). So it's now 12.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I just did the official rejoin on the website (had to do it from my phone since the site is blocked at work). So it's now 12.

Whew!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Since I was on my phone and it was annoying to try to use the web thingy there....what time is our draft? I saw something about that it's on Mon, 9/2...but what time? Thanks.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Since I was on my phone and it was annoying to try to use the web thingy there....what time is our draft? I saw something about that it's on Mon, 9/2...but what time? Thanks.

6pm PT, so 9 PM Eastern time.

MarkDaSpark

Hey Merbill, what's up with the negative scoring changes to Kickers and Def/ST's???

And it would be nice to discuss and vote on them, especially when they aren't the usual default rules.

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hey Merbill, what's up with the negative scoring changes to Kickers and Def/ST's???

And it would be nice to discuss and vote on them, especially when they aren't the usual default rules.

I put in negative points for missing XP's and FG's under 40 yards. If players can lose points for fumbling, then kickers can lose points for failing in thier job too. It will have a very minor impact since kickers rarely miss short kicks.

With the defenses, since we're counting return TDs this year in the Def scoring (not yahoo default, btw), I reduced the points allowed bands to partly offset it.

Anyway, in league news, we have 12 teams, so I've closed the league and randomized the draft order. Check the league page and see where you're at. If you wanted to draft last, sorry but I got that.