Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare

Soirée Bottle Top Wine Aerator 2-Pack
$21.99 $̶5̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 56% off List Price

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3690 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bedbathandbeyond.com

conanthelibrarian

Lots of solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

Let's listen to some groovy music and watch this in action

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

I have one of these and it works great. Research has shown that in-bottle aerators seem to be more effective than those which are held over the glass. I can't cite specifics but I remember reading an article to that extent.

The key to using the Soiree is to turn the bottle completely upside down while pouring to get that maelstrom effect as seen in the product picture.

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

Wine aerators also work great for oxygenating wort before adding yeast.

I have used an aerator before and it does make a difference in taste. You can also use a wide bottom decanter to aerate. Either way you go about it wine aeration is a good thing.

46&2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 46&2

I absolutely love my Soiree. The first time I ever saw one was when I was at Hunter Hill Vineyards, they swore by it. They even did some back to back tasting with and without for us. I bought mine here on woot back in 2010. This is pretty much 2 for 1 folks, great deal.

btgarner

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btgarner

I bought 2 of these when woot had them earlier (was it really 2010? wow), and it is one of the best investments you can make. I use it on Trader Joe's "Three Buck Chuck," and it makes the wine taste more like a $15 bottle. For Reds, inverting the bottle 180 degrees is the key, for whites, you do not usually need to aerate it quite as much, so usually a 90 degree pour is sufficient.

Highly, **HIGHLY** recommended.

cappomutato

quality posts: 19 Private Messages cappomutato

The Soirée really works. It's great. Unfortunately my wife is too much of a klutz. She's smashed two of them. We've got the plastic Rabbit model now, which may not be as good but is drop resistant.

yay taco

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Loving the great comments for this. Keep 'em coming!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sonofzeppo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sonofzeppo

Great product. Just be bold and completely invert. Give this away to friends. Only rave reviews, including my French cousine who was highly skeptical. Have two more in stock, otherwise would buy more.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

I have posted here before when this is on Woot. I have had my Soiree for several years and love it. I bought them for all my wine drinking relatives. People are impresed when you use it, as it is beautiful to watch the wine swirl around as it aerates. It works exreemly well and is not as expensive as the other brands on the market. As someone else posted, this is practically a 2 for 1 deal. Go for it. You won't be sorry!

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref

I have this and the vinturi, and I can honestly say I prefer the vinturi. This one is okay if I'm pouring into a decanter, but for a glass, it's clumsy, fragile, and spatters half the wine everywhere except inside the glass (and that's holding the top below the level of the top of the glass). By contrast, the vinturi is rugged, easier to use without having to fully invert a bottle (which is a HUGE no-no for some wines), and manages to get all the wine neatly into the glass with no mess and no waste.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

I love my Soiree. Here's my breakdown of when I use what:

Decanter: Higher end bottles, aged wine, wine with sediment. When I know in advance what I'll be opening

Vinturi: When I only plan to drink a 1-3 glasses, but not whole bottle

Soiree: When I know I'm drinking a whole bottle, but didn't have time to decant - dinner parties are great, as people love them.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

lovesmesomewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovesmesomewoot

I love this little aerator too - I tend to pour it fully upside down for reds and maybe at a 30 degree angle for white wine.

I see the biggest difference when I buy a very cheap young red that hasn't had much time to age - that's where I taste the beauty of this little gem

lovesmesomewoot

I actually love my soiree and tend to finish the first bottle in a night no problem but for the second bottle we might need to only pour 3-4 glasses before calling it a night.

The soiree is great for even a few glasses and then you can put a cork or stopper in and resume the next day!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Decanting and aeration are both great ideas. However, neither will make a bad bottle of wine magically better. If you buy a crappy bottle of wine, it will always be a crappy bottle of wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

lovesmesomewoot

the three buck chuck test proves it everytime!!

I've done some tasting parties where we taste before and after aeration to try and trick some friends into thinking we bought more expensive wines!

btgarner wrote:I bought 2 of these when woot had them earlier (was it really 2010? wow), and it is one of the best investments you can make. I use it on Trader Joe's "Three Buck Chuck," and it makes the wine taste more like a $15 bottle. For Reds, inverting the bottle 180 degrees is the key, for whites, you do not usually need to aerate it quite as much, so usually a 90 degree pour is sufficient.

Highly, **HIGHLY** recommended.

lovesmesomewoot

I also love the drying rack that these soiree aerators come with - makes it so easy to clean them and also store them out of the way.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
lovesmesomewoot wrote:I'm totally opposed to the Vinturi - it's all plastic pieces and discolors over time from the red wine acidity.

I realize you are totally biased here, but no need to knock other, quality products. The Vinturi is acrylic, which is a form of plastic, but a high-quality form that is much better than generic plastic.

I have been using mine for years and have experienced no discoloration. I do have access to this crazy invention called water and soap though.

I do not own a Soiree, but I have seen them in action. I think they are a bit clumsy, cumbersome and far too fragile for the process needed to use them. Yes, I can buy three of them for the price of one Vinturi, but there is good reason for that...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Winedavid39

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

North316 wrote:I realize you are totally biased here, but no need to knock other, quality products. The Vinturi is acrylic, which is a form of plastic, but a high-quality form that is much better than generic plastic.

I have been using mine for years and have experienced no discoloration. I do have access to this crazy invention called water and soap though.

I do not own a Soiree, but I have seen them in action. I think they are a bit clumsy, cumbersome and far too fragile for the process needed to use them. Yes, I can buy three of them for the price of one Vinturi, but there is good reason for that...

yea, we are pretty sure we have a rogue staffer here who doesn't get it. i'm looking into it.

lovesmesomewoot

not a staffer or knocking anything/anoyone - I'm done on the boards. I prefer glass products is all

Winedavid39 wrote:yea, we are pretty sure we have a rogue staffer here who doesn't get it. i'm looking into it.

TJMaximus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TJMaximus

Twenty-two posts, and nobody's said anything about it looking like a bong? Or maybe it looks nothing like a bong, and if I'd ever smoked a little weed I'd know that, but it looks like a bong to me... :-P

slm9951

TJMaximus wrote:Twenty-two posts, and nobody's said anything about it looking like a bong? Or maybe it looks nothing like a bong, and if I'd ever smoked a little weed I'd know that, but it looks like a bong to me... :-P

Oh no- not at all!! The glass is etched and has neat little bumps inside which all aid in the aeration. When you insert the Soiree into the wine bottle, tip up and over directly into the glass, it swirls beautifully and elegantly around the inside of the device and well aerated into your glass. Bongs are ugly and I don't think it can aerate quite like this!

Soiree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Soiree
lovesmesomewoot wrote:not a staffer or knocking anything/anoyone - I'm done on the boards. I prefer glass products is all

Appreciate the comments from both sides and wanted to chime in in behalf of my brand.

This is not our first rodeo on woot and I love that we (most typically) have always had great support from the community here. So thank you.

I love to see the many warm postings of links to videos & reviews already posted. I'll re-iterate our awesomeness, one-hand pour, conveniently in the bottle, works naturally (gently), suitable for red & white wines. Strengthened borosilicate glass (hand blown), & always the talk of the table.

We're not the only aerator in the game, but we've been a top contender for almost 6 years.

Soiree is not good if you want use it like tennis ball or if you are afraid of crushing a light bulb with your barehand. But if you're looking to aerate some vintage swill, mommy juice, chateau de Chuck, or what have you - this is a pretty great deal and the second soirée a back pocket gift for the closet, or for when you want to play Edward fourty-hands with some Chardonnay or Shiraz!

Happy wooting!

Andrew Lazorchak
SoireeHome

[MOD: No advertising pls]

kylemittskus

lovesmesomewoot wrote:not a staffer or knocking anything/anoyone - I'm done on the boards. I prefer glass products is all

I appreciate Soiree's participation, both this time and the previous times.

However, this seems really odd. A new account, posting all positive comments about the product while speaking poorly about another (the most prominent competition?) product seems too convenient. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a damn, dirty shill.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:I appreciate Soiree's participation, both this time and the previous times.

However, this seems really odd. A new account, posting all positive comments about the product while speaking poorly about another (the most prominent competition?) product seems too convenient. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a damn, dirty shill.

shill out man, your blood pressure is too high

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

Winedavid39

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Soiree wrote:Appreciate the comments from both sides and wanted to chime in in behalf of my brand.

This is not our first rodeo on woot and I love that we (most typically) have always had great support from the community here. So thank you.

I love to see the many warm postings of links to videos & reviews already posted. I'll re-iterate our awesomeness, one-hand pour, conveniently in the bottle, works naturally (gently), suitable for red & white wines. Strengthened borosilicate glass (hand blown), & always the talk of the table.

We're not the only aerator in the game, but we've been a top contender for almost 6 years.

Soiree is not good if you want use it like tennis ball or if you are afraid of crushing a light bulb with your barehand. But if you're looking to aerate some vintage swill, mommy juice, chateau de Chuck, or what have you - this is a pretty great deal and the second soirée a back pocket gift for the closet, or for when you want to play Edward fourty-hands with some Chardonnay or Shiraz!

Happy wooting!

Andrew Lazorchak
SoireeHome

thanks for jumping in Andrew.

slm9951

kylemittskus wrote:I appreciate Soiree's participation, both this time and the previous times.

I love how you always play the devil's advocate!!!!

kylemittskus

slm9951 wrote:I love how you always play the devil's advocate!!!!

Ha! You make it sound so much better than I would have.

slm9951

kylemittskus wrote:Ha! You make it sound so much better than I would have.

Sure! In many instances, you are the reason for much "lively" discussion!! I always enjoy them!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Some people just get really excited about their products and underestimate our wooters.

Andrew is awesome as always.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Everything I woud say has been said, so in brief:

Great aerator, improves freshly opened bottles dramatically

Invert bottle completely for best result.

Way worth the price here (no question)

Easy to clean if you do it pretty immediately (rinse just after pouring). Harder if you leave it overnight, but can do with either a small bottle brush (GENTLY) or some oxy clean

This plus a decanter will save you 2-3 hours of breathing time in about ten minutes; add in a second decanter-top aerator for some tasty infanticide!

They are fragile, I've broken at least one so far, can't remember how many I got a couple years back but I'm down to my last one.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
fiftymegatims wrote:Wine aerators also work great for oxygenating wort before adding yeast.

Now THAT would take some patience. I'm way too lazy to run gallons through an aerator; I'd rather just run the yeast starter through it...

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

I need to gift some bubbly - now would be a good time to offer some Iron Horse - any reasonable price is acceptable - Go!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Ha! yes where there is smoke there is fire.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob
ThunderThighs wrote:Loving the great comments for this. Keep 'em coming!

That makes sense, since you are deleting all the comments you don't like ...