Ballard Lane Central Coast White Blend Case
$104.99 $̶2̶6̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 61% off List Price
2010 White Blend, Central Coast
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

After about 15 minutes of analyzing this, I bought and still was first sucker! At $10 per bottle after tax/shipping, not sure how one can go wrong with an interesting white varietal blend that is not oaked. Sounds refreshing. Wish I had it in Seattle now given the upcoming forecasts. If anyone wants some of this and are in Seattle area, PM me.

edit: Also like the alcohol % is low...

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Interested...

Is this wine off-dry or frankly sweet?

Is it broke or just fractured?

gooberpeas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gooberpeas

"Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:

Arizona, California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming"

is it just me, or is this the smallest list ever? (haven't been here in a while so it's possible I could be wrong) I would love to split this deal if it delivered anywhere near me....but no luck

dannyschroeder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannyschroeder
gooberpeas wrote:"Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:

Arizona, California, Colorado, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Washington, Wyoming"

is it just me, or is this the smallest list ever? (haven't been here in a while so it's possible I could be wrong) I would love to split this deal if it delivered anywhere near me....but no luck

I feel your pain, I can't remember the last time I didn't see Wisconsin listed!!!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
rlmanzo wrote:Interested...

12 g/l would make it off-dry... Sweet would be many times that much sugar.

PS I was thinking super sweet desert wine too, because the perspective of the main photo makes it look like a 500ml bottle...

scouter99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scouter99

Minnesota isnt on the list? Since when ? I belong to an online wine club and they ship here just fine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
scouter99 wrote:Minnesota isnt on the list? Since when ? I belong to an online wine club and they ship here just fine.

This winery evidently does not have a permit for your state, which they need to ship wine to you. Now why they have one for Nebraska (total pop 1.856 million) and not Minnesota (Minneapolis/St. Paul total pop 3.28 million) is perplexing, but there ya go. Point is, I can get wine, you can't. My state wins! (for once)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

Easy pass - not my style and no CT.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

ballardlane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ballardlane
jimjacks66 wrote:After about 15 minutes of analyzing this, I bought and still was first sucker! At $10 per bottle after tax/shipping, not sure how one can go wrong with an interesting white varietal blend that is not oaked. Sounds refreshing. Wish I had it in Seattle now given the upcoming forecasts. If anyone wants some of this and are in Seattle area, PM me.

edit: Also like the alcohol % is low...

Thank you for your purchase! We are confident you will enjoy this wine as much as we do. - Ballard Lane Staff

ballardlane

Thank you for your comment. This wine is not a sweet wine, it may have some sweet tendencies compared to a Sauvignon Blanc. The wine pairs well with chicken, pork, salads, fruit and cheeses. - Ballard Lane

ballardlane

scouter99 wrote:Minnesota isnt on the list? Since when ? I belong to an online wine club and they ship here just fine.

Currently, we are not licensed in Minnesota...yet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ballardlane wrote:Thank you for your comment. This wine is not a sweet wine, it may have some sweet tendencies compared to a Sauvignon Blanc. The wine pairs well with chicken, pork, salads, fruit and cheeses. - Ballard Lane

WELCOME! Glad to have you on board.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew

When tasting (drinking) the is wine the flavors reminding me of the wines from Alsace. Bright, mineral, citrus that pops on the taste buds.

Crisp and refreshing!

ballardlane

This wine also won the Silver Medal in the 2012 Vineyard & Winery Management National Wine Competition

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ballardlane wrote:This wine also won the Silver Medal in the 2012 Vineyard & Winery Management National Wine Competition

You can just click "add comment" and post.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

trifecta

quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta

****begin thread hijack****

Winesmith BBQ in Santa Rosa is 2 weeks away. Great chance to meek Clark Smith and enjoy wine with fellow wooters. Check out the gatherings tab! Aug 3rd 12-6. Don't miss it!

****end thread hijack****

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ballardlane wrote:This wine also won the Silver Medal in the 2012 Vineyard & Winery Management National Wine Competition

This is really a very good value. drinking much better than the < $10.00 price point.

( did I get the <,> right.. ?)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Winedavid39 wrote:This is really a very good value. drinking much better than the sub $10.00 price point.

IFTFY

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

I might consider this offer for sipping out by the pool on a hot day and while I don’t need it to be dry as dust, I don’t want a wine that makes it feel like I am licking a candy dish. That to me is not very refreshing. As a point of reference, I bought several offers of the Chance Creek SB for pool sipping and they have been fabulous pool-side sippers. Want a little variety (we will have many more hot pool sipping days here in FL) and thought this Pinot Grigio/Riesling blend might do the trick.

The concept of “off-dry” is one that eludes me. I have tasted a number of wines that have been described as “off-dry”, that I would have described as sweet. I know that the perception of sweetness involves more than just RS (seems like acidity/pH plays a role here?), but an RS of 12 g/L seems to me like it would be more sweet than dry. Can someone educate me?

ballardlane

ThunderThighs wrote:WELCOME! Glad to have you on board.

Thank you for the tip. We are new to comments on woot.

mplspav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mplspav

Person #2 here who would buy if you could ship to Minnesota. Hint: Get a Minnesota license. We like booze. Really.

ballardlane

pseudogourmet98 wrote:I might consider this offer for sipping out by the pool on a hot day and while I don’t need it to be dry as dust, I don’t want a wine that makes it feel like I am licking a candy dish. That to me is not very refreshing. As a point of reference, I bought several offers of the Chance Creek SB for pool sipping and they have been fabulous pool-side sippers. Want a little variety (we will have many more hot pool sipping days here in FL) and thought this Pinot Grigio/Riesling blend might do the trick.

The concept of “off-dry” is one that eludes me. I have tasted a number of wines that have been described as “off-dry”, that I would have described as sweet. I know that the perception of sweetness involves more than just RS (seems like acidity/pH plays a role here?), but an RS of 12 g/L seems to me like it would be more sweet than dry. Can someone educate me?

BallardLane wrote:This may help to determine whether or not a wine is technically dry or sweet, things like acidity, tannin and alcohol will change the perception of that sweetness. In general, a highly acidic wine will normally be considered dry. Depending on the level of acids (and to a lesser extent alcohol and/or tannins), the perception of whether a wine is dry or sweet. This wine is considered not sweet by standards. It has a nice balance of acidity and alcohol which really shows how well these thee varietals blend together. This wine has a good harmony, which showcases as being off dry on the palate.

As with all wines, your personal palate will always trump industry standards. I especially enjoy this wine on sunny days while chatting with friends on the porch.

ballardlane

mplspav wrote:Person #2 here who would buy if you could ship to Minnesota. Hint: Get a Minnesota license. We like booze. Really.

Ballard Lane wrote:I will definitely pass along the message to be licensed in Minnesota to ship directly to consumers. I would hate for Minnesotans not to enjoy our wines in the future.

gtcharlie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gtcharlie

I truly appreciate the comments from Ballard but once again what really got me to push the yellow button was WineDavid assuring be of the wines value. Damn you WineDavid.

Kidding of course. An interesting blend. Hopefully the off dry thing will prove not to be an issue.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
mplspav wrote:Person #2 here who would buy if you could ship to Minnesota. Hint: Get a Minnesota license. We like booze. Really.

Has been a long time that I noticed an offer not shipping to MN.

ballardlane

Pinot Grigio, White Riesling, and Chardonnay are all wonderful refreshing wines as single varietals, but combined they are extraordinary! This wine is perfect for Summer gatherings, sitting by the pool and for making new friends.

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

I'm interested but hesitant on the level sweetness as well. May watch this for further comments.

dbarrym

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbarrym

Found on a random white tasting thread from 2012:

"Ballard Lane White Wine Central Coast 2010: A new offering designed for restaurant-only sales of by-the-glass and affordable bottles, this wine is a blend of pinot grigio, riesling, and chardonnay. We felt that this “honeyed” wine had a “light body” that was “soft-sweet” on the tongue, with one saying, “Not bad for a cheese wine.” Others felt that it was “squishy fruit,” a “bit flabby,” and “bordering on overripe.” (12.5% alc. / $??? )"

Hope that helps...on the fence at the moment.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
ballardlane wrote:Pinot Grigio, White Riesling, and Chardonnay are all wonderful refreshing wines as single varietals, but combined they are extraordinary! This wine is perfect for Summer gatherings, sitting by the pool and for making new friends.

If so, why isn't this blend a primary offering for many wineries