Cesare

quality posts: 1695 Private Messages Cesare

Houdini Wine Chilling Carafe (1)
$24.99 $̶4̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 38% off List Price

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

Woot:
$24.99 + $5.00 shipping

Vs.

Amazon:
$16.19 + $6.82 shipping

Under: Used - Like New
NEW IN BOX. 100% guaranteed against defects. Contact us within 7 days if there is any defect, and we will gladly refund your purchase.

Ah, the hell with it.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I'm going to use this for whisky.

Don't judge me.

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm
ardubu wrote:Woot:
$24.99 + $5.00 shipping

Vs.

Amazon:
$16.19 + $6.82 shipping

NEW IN BOX. 100% guaranteed against defects. Contact us within 7 days if there is any defect, and we will gladly refund your purchase.

Unfortunately, that was a no brainer.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

screwjack

quality posts: 4 Private Messages screwjack

Is the carafe glass or plastic?

Can't find that info online anywhere...

I only buy what I don't really need.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
screwjack wrote:Is the carafe glass or plastic?

The fact that they note it as BPA-Free, I'm going to guess plastic.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mburke43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mburke43

The outside of the item's box says crystal

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

The carafe is glass.

The black top piece is plastic, the chamber is stainless steel, and the cap to the chamber is rubber.

screwjack

quality posts: 4 Private Messages screwjack
blaculadave wrote:The carafe is glass.

The black top piece is plastic, the chamber is stainless steel, and the cap to the chamber is rubber.

Thanks!!

I only buy what I don't really need.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
rpm wrote:Unfortunately, that was a no brainer.

But now gone, either sold out or pulled by Amazon. If sold out, hopefully they will be able to fulfill all the orders they got because they had two identical listings for the same product, which usually indicates that Amazon has consolidated duplicate product pages into one. If that's the case, the seller may have had all or most of their inventory under both listings which would only allow them to fulfill about half the orders placed overnight.

Or not....

weboddity

quality posts: 3 Private Messages weboddity

Wouldn't be a bad way to get red wine chilled to the proper temperature, depending on how fast it cools it. I believe the Williams-Sonoma wine book says 65-68 degrees, so perhaps one could leave the cap loose and let it aerate and chill simultaneously.

It would probably look less ghetto than my pulling my reds out of the freezer after 10 minutes like I'm grabbing a can of orange juice concentrate and some frozen peas next to my Otter Pop dessert..

nuggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nuggy
ardubu wrote:Woot:
$24.99 + $5.00 shipping

Vs.

Amazon:
$16.19 + $6.82 shipping

Yep.....Just now a "great" deal if they are "tweaking" the pricing on the "mothership" page to enhance the "perceived" value on the "Woot" site.....

Woot is supposed to be about "blow-out" one day sales.....Not about what Amazon wants to "dump" on us for the most they can make.....

I would not buy this just for the principal of the thing at this point.....let alone the lack of value.....

chipgreen

nuggy wrote:Yep.....Just now a "great" deal if they are "tweaking" the pricing on the "mothership" page to enhance the "perceived" value on the "Woot" site.....

Woot is supposed to be about "blow-out" one day sales.....Not about what Amazon wants to "dump" on us for the most they can make.....

I would not buy this just for the principal of the thing at this point.....let alone the lack of value.....

FWIW, that was a 3rd party seller on Amazon that had it listed at a lower price and presumably sold out of the item. In fact, Amazon does not sell this item directly, it is only offered through 3rd party sellers on Amazon's website.

EDIT: I'm in, this will come in handy for Myrtle Beach next month. Our hotel has an oceanfront grassy area with tables/umbrellas and they allow guests to consume their own adult beverages.

Last wooter to woot:chipgreen

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm
nuggy wrote:Yep.....Just now a "great" deal if they are "tweaking" the pricing on the "mothership" page to enhance the "perceived" value on the "Woot" site.....

My Amazon shows my order was shipped.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

ndk0911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndk0911
chipgreen wrote:FWIW, that was a 3rd party seller on Amazon that had it listed at a lower price and presumably sold out of the item. In fact, Amazon does not sell this item directly, it is only offered through 3rd party sellers on Amazon's website.

EDIT: I'm in, this will come in handy for Myrtle Beach next month. Our hotel has an oceanfront grassy area with tables/umbrellas and they allow guests to consume their own adult beverages.

Last wooter to woot:chipgreen

ohh mr fancypants. I hate rich people. buncha crumpet eating, tea sipping good for nothing wankers!

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
rpm wrote:My Amazon shows my order was shipped.

You were quick. We west-coasters have a three-hour disadvantage.

CT

chipgreen

ndk0911 wrote:ohh mr fancypants. I hate rich people. buncha crumpet eating, tea sipping good for nothing wankers!

Not to worry, I'll leave half my crumpet uneaten for you to pick out of the garbage.