schaeferr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages schaeferr

So over the past few months, there have been Texas gatherings in Dallas and Austin. As a proud Houstonian, I have to ask, "Why not us?" And when waiting for someone to start an interest thread, I had to ask, "Why not me?"

So here we go. We have a lot of great BYOB places (off the top of my head, I'm thinking of La Vista in the Briar Grove area).

Any interest in a woot get-together in Houston this summer?

schaeferr

There may be no interest in a Houston gathering, but I'm going to bump this thread to see if we get any other responses in the next couple of weeks...

siamon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siamon

Hi Everyone!

I am Heather and I am the winery representative. Sorry it took me a bit to get on the boards! I am available to answer any questions.

siamon

smukke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smukke
schaeferr wrote:There may be no interest in a Houston gathering, but I'm going to bump this thread to see if we get any other responses in the next couple of weeks...

The problem with gathering in Houston is that we're so spread out. I'm up in The Woodlands, and it's hard to imagine running all the way down to "the big city" for a Woot-up -- especially if there is wine (and therefore driving) involved.

LDD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LDD
smukke wrote:The problem with gathering in Houston is that we're so spread out. I'm up in The Woodlands, and it's hard to imagine running all the way down to "the big city" for a Woot-up -- especially if there is wine (and therefore driving) involved.

I'm in Katy, and after drinking, might not be such a good idea driving 50 miles back home.....Am interested if others are.....

LDD

LDD

schaeferr wrote:So over the past few months, there have been Texas gatherings in Dallas and Austin. As a proud Houstonian, I have to ask, "Why not us?" And when waiting for someone to start an interest thread, I had to ask, "Why not me?"

So here we go. We have a lot of great BYOB places (off the top of my head, I'm thinking of La Vista in the Briar Grove area).

It would be nice, to have a Houston get together....

LDD

schaeferr

It sounds like there are, potentially, at least three folks who could be interested. Anyone else out there?

bigricks69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigricks69
schaeferr wrote:It sounds like there are, potentially, at least three folks who could be interested. Anyone else out there?

kraxberger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kraxberger
schaeferr wrote:It sounds like there are, potentially, at least three folks who could be interested. Anyone else out there?

I'm in! Woodlands area.

brle10415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brle10415

I'm in as another proud native. South of the big city, but willing to travel. You kind of have to be to live here.

dander10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dander10

My wife and I attended a number of the Dallas gatherings when we lived there, but have moved here last year. We would be interested to join you all here, but probably best for us in January after the holiday rush. We are near the Galleria area.

anngillcooper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anngillcooper

Southeast....Count me in.

schaeferr

anngillcooper wrote:Southeast....Count me in.

Great! So it looks like we have some pretty good responses. How about trying to set something up in February/March? PM me your e-mails, and I will send out an e-mail where we can try and coordinate a time!

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I'm in if it's towards the end of February or sometime in March. We're relocating back to Houston on the 15th of this month and would love to meet up and open some bottles.

I'll PM you my email.

schaeferr

So far, I've gotten two PMs with e-mail addresses. I'll wait to start coordinating until I get some more e-mail addresses. Then, we can get the ball rolling on a date/time/location.

LDD

schaeferr wrote:So over the past few months, there have been Texas gatherings in Dallas and Austin. As a proud Houstonian, I have to ask, "Why not us?" And when waiting for someone to start an interest thread, I had to ask, "Why not me?"

Yes, why not Houston.....I am willing and interested.....

LDD

bigyellowdawgmom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigyellowdawgmom
schaeferr wrote:So far, I've gotten two PMs with e-mail addresses. I'll wait to start coordinating until I get some more e-mail addresses. Then, we can get the ball rolling on a date/time/location.

Are you still trying to get a group together? I'd be interested.

samwfoster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samwfoster

In Sugar Land but work in Channelview, so I drive a lot to begin with.

Anywhere in between is fine too.

schaeferr

All, sorry for leaving this in a bit of a standstill. I briefly relocated to the UK for the last 6 or so months, but I'm back in Houston now.

I've got a number of messages in my inbox, so I'll look at those and maybe start an e-mail chain where we can find a time/place for the dinner.