otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

CaSt away, folks!
It's gonna be a long one tomorrow.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:CaSt away, folks!
It's gonna be a long one tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Don't you mean next Monday? The Week of the 22nd??

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

WIIIILLLLLLLSSSSSSOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

Oops. Screwed up the date. Figured starting it at 12:02 would be safe, only to see whiney, err, Sparky start one while I was starting this one...

So, guess there are 2 this week.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
otolith wrote:Oops. Screwed up the date. Figured starting it at 12:02 would be safe, only to see whiney, err, Sparky start one while I was starting this one...

I like this one better, just because Sparky doesn't.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Doc O, you need the -- in the title to make it a proper title

CyberPub Battle! Whose post will get the most?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Oops. Screwed up the date. Figured starting it at 12:02 would be safe, only to see whiney, err, Sparky start one while I was starting this one...

And here I waited in case Joatmon started it ... and speaking of whiney, who keeps claiming TOP and moaning about it?

And here I thought you were trying to start the Pub early for next week!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:I like this one better, just because Sparky doesn't.

Who said I didn't like this one? Just because Doc Whiney started it late? With the wrong title and date?

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:And here I waited in case Joatmon started it ... and speaking of whiney, who keeps claiming TOP and moaning about it?

And here I thought you were trying to start the Pub early for next week!

I love you, man!

I'm not nearly that well organized to start a pub the next week. The 2 and the 1 are fairly close in the keyboard, and it was past my bed time.

--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:I love you, man!

I'm not nearly that well organized to start a pub the next week. The 2 and the 1 are fairly close in the keyboard, and it was past my bed time.

It didn't matter to me, you're a doctor, nobody can read your typing!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:It didn't matter to me, you're a doctor, nobody can read your typing!

That's true!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
otolith wrote:I love you, man!

Bedtime. Hmmmm. What time would that be? Here, in Barcelona, we've been lucky to be getting to bed by around 3 AM! By the time we take the NITBus from whatever activity we've been doing and drink our liter and a half of water to try to re-hydrate and relax, it gets really late! Having a great time. We've done most of the major touristy stuff. Tomorrow, we're going to get us some culture at the Picasso Museum and the Joan Miró Museum. We hate to do two of them in one day, but we ran out of time earlier in the week and they were closed today.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Still waiting for the washer to stop washing the load that I put in more than an hour ago! It's a front loader with the dryer on the top. But it takes forever to do one load and the dryer is just as weird--it keeps shutting off before everything is dry! Of course, all of the settings are in Spanish! Next week we'll have to rely on our friends to do our laundry for us and then, it will have to get hung out to dry!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

North316

So, is tomorrow the start of the woot-off, or next Tuesday? My money is on tomorrow since the last one started June 18th.

My CT

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
North316 wrote:So, is tomorrow the start of the woot-off, or next Tuesday? My money is on tomorrow since the last one started June 18th.

Oy, I hope not.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Oy, I hope not.

Likewise, especially with Cindy kicking out the deals.

was that San Roman an 05 or an 06 we had at your place?

CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Oy, I hope not.

Phew...
Only on the mother ship.

CT

North316

rjquillin wrote:Phew...
Only on the mother ship.

Sort of..there are "Woot-off" Plus deals on most sites, probably a decent idea since they end up repeating so many items anyway, and this way people can utilize free shipping.

My CT

rjquillin

North316 wrote:Sort of..there are "Woot-off" Plus deals on most sites, probably a decent idea since they end up repeating so many items anyway, and this way people can utilize free shipping.

I see that now. Clearly a less than stellar marketing on those.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
rjquillin wrote:I see that now. Clearly a less than stellar marketing on those.

yeah. not sure how that will affect the created anticipation or need to purchase quickly. Also unsure how that may affect the desired constant traffic, unless they are also updating those plus pages as the day goes on.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:yeah. not sure how that will affect the created anticipation or need to purchase quickly. Also unsure how that may affect the desired constant traffic, unless they are also updating those plus pages as the day goes on.

One would hope they would, but doubt it. They had some sold-out already last night, so I'll have to see if they replaced them yet.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:One would hope they would, but doubt it. They had some sold-out already last night, so I'll have to see if they replaced them yet.

There's a woot-off?

Also, what pub am I supposed to post?

--John Muir

rjquillin

otolith wrote:There's a woot-off?

Also, what pub am I supposed to post?

You and Sparky should post to each others pubs, just to keep things equal ya know.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:You and Sparky should post to each others pubs, just to keep things equal ya know.

I have been! Someone else is slacking!

And your observations skills are just another reason ... No Wine For You!!!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:And your observations skills are just another reason ... No Wine For You!!!

Ha! unlike some others we know, I drink my own, unless of course someone else offers up libations...

CT

joelsisk

rjquillin wrote:Ha! unlike some others we know, I drink my own, unless of course someone else offers up libations...

I am looking forward to the end of this fast day. I think it's been 4 days since my last glass of wine!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
joelsisk wrote:I am looking forward to the end of this fast day. I think it's been 4 days since my last glass of wine!

You just reminded me of my observance of that fast day one time when I was the bus driver for a USY on Wheels trip across the country. Except that I spent the whole 7 weeks wine free. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

Got a hold of the groundskeeper this AM. He had no idea what the problem was. He called maintenance and it turns out that one has to manually empty a reservoir every so often! How simple, but we never thought of it! It's kind of tough when no directions are available and the access is not all that obvious! It really does make sense--the water has to go someplace! Next week: laundry gets air dried at our friends' home! Planning ahead will be needed! Off to Oviedo tomorrow!

joelsisk

ddeuddeg wrote:You just reminded me of my observance of that fast day one time when I was the bus driver for a USY on Wheels trip across the country. Except that I spent the whole 7 weeks wine free. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience.

Interesting. I may or may not have had something to drink when I staffed a USY on Wheels trip... but then, I didn't drive the bus. I may or may not have been over 21.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Day #1 in Napa: Success. (Though my wallet doesn't think so.) Was trying not to repeat places I've already been to, so had to skip by Corison even though when I drove by they had a sign outside saying they were doing Library tastings today. Soooo tempting. Day 2 tomorrow is a bit aggressive. Doing all repeats as I introduce a friend to the Napa/Sonoma areas.

Now to decide where to eat tonight....

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Day #1 in Napa: Success. (Though my wallet doesn't think so.) Was trying not to repeat places I've already been to, so had to skip by Corison even though when I drove by they had a sign outside saying they were doing Library tastings today. Soooo tempting. Day 2 tomorrow is a bit aggressive. Doing all repeats as I introduce a friend to the Napa/Sonoma areas.

Now to decide where to eat tonight....

Library tastings? And you skipped it? Turn in your Wineaux card!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Got a hold of the groundskeeper this AM. He had no idea what the problem was. He called maintenance and it turns out that one has to manually empty a reservoir every so often! How simple, but we never thought of it! It's kind of tough when no directions are available and the access is not all that obvious! It really does make sense--the water has to go someplace! Next week: laundry gets air dried at our friends' home! Planning ahead will be needed! Off to Oviedo tomorrow!

fun fun......

otolith

rjquillin wrote:Ha! unlike some others we know, I drink my own, unless of course someone else offers up libations...

Ha!

--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Geez, over in the Sparky Pub, they are using four letter words (work). So I came here thinking it would be more relaxed, but we have someone skipping Corison. And on library day.

Oh, the humanity.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Wine is a 4 letter word, we could also try to use that

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
joelsisk wrote:Interesting. I may or may not have had something to drink when I staffed a USY on Wheels trip... but then, I didn't drive the bus. I may or may not have been over 21.

Long story. Trip was in the second week when the (replacement) driver had an accident making a left turn, and there were wheelniks saying they'd seen her in the hotel bar the night before. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but they wanted an excuse to ditch her, so the company flew me to Denver to finish the trip. I decided that it might be best to avoid any suspicion, so I spent the entire time alcohol-free. One of the best experiences I've ever had, thanks to a great group of kids. The next year I did the trip from the beginning, and was encouraged by the leaders to join them for some of their Saturday discussion sessions. I joined them in their fast as a show of solidarity. I still wear the t-shirt I got from that first group in 1998. I'm probably the only driver from my company who ever showed up for Shabbat at all, and I made sure I was there every Friday night. A truly special experience.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

cheron98 wrote:Well, I suppose I should make a stand about which Pub I would prefer to post in, and since I am such a stickler for "rules" or something, and this is the one that has the title formatted properly, I'm going to say that this is the "proper" Pub. And the other one should be ashamed of itself

Not that we ever do anything "proper" around here, nor do we ever feel shame for our actions...

Rules, schmoools.

I'm finally up late enough to start a pub (stupid movie that I was going to watch half and watched the whole thing), so Sparky and Joat could take a break, and this is what it leads to...insert club here...

--John Muir

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:Geez, over in the Sparky Pub, they are using four letter words (work). So I came here thinking it would be more relaxed, but we have someone skipping Corison. And on library day.

Oh, the humanity.

Can you believe it? Skipped Corison on library day?

OK, I would have as well if I could have went to another winery I hadn't visited.

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Rules, schmoools.

I'm finally up late enough to start a pub (stupid movie that I was going to watch half and watched the whole thing), so Sparky and Joat could take a break, and this is what it leads to...insert club here...

Well, if you tell us you're going to do it, we don't mind. It's when you are late ...

And one post in the real Pub? For shame! For shame!!

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, if you tell us you're going to do it, we don't mind. It's when you are late ...

And one post in the real Pub? For shame! For shame!!

Can you not count?!?

Don't worry, it'll be a long-ass time before I start one again! Too many rules and regulations to follow!

--John Muir