cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:what happens on the RPM tour.... :-)

...gets turned into a giant Wootception at Twisted Oak Winery?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

otolith wrote:I know! People even know that Sparky and I hugged! :puke:

I still can't believe that Cat and Hak had no clue who I was at first.

To be fair, we'd never met in person before and I'm not much of a Facebook stalker to have gotten a good idea of what you look like beforehand.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:To be fair, we'd never met in person before and I'm not much of a Facebook stalker to have gotten a good idea of what you look like beforehand.

I thought it was funny, and the look of surprise and the big smiles made up for it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:try getting your anal gland expressed. It's what we do when the dog has that problem. And by what we do I mean what I pay the Vet to do, cause I would never attempt to milk a dogs ass. Well, any ass for that matter. ewwwwwww. This whole post kind of went off the rails.

Funniest thing I've read all week. Thanks!

kylemittskus wrote:This is probably a good idea for TT for future BD offers.

I'll keep that in mind.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:ThunderThighs!!!! You got some 'splaing to do!!!!

Dang, I missed that post! I noticed your sig was a bit bare.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Dang, I missed that post! I noticed your sig was a bit bare.

I would say it's not fair that I can't put silly images in your sig, but since you do it to yourself, I guess it's okay.

And where have you been hiding out?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
Winedavid39 wrote:what happens on the RPM tour.... :-)

...becomes woot lore forever more

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

If I'm ever involved with a winery, I'm going to make biodynamic wine, just for Kyle's sake.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:If I'm ever involved with a winery, I'm going to make biodynamic wine, just for Kyle's sake.

We all might pitch in for that!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

otolith wrote:I thought it was funny, and the look of surprise and the big smiles made up for it.

That is kind of the best part about meeting someone offline for the first time, isn't it

cheron98

zTimothyBz wrote:If I'm ever involved with a winery, I'm going to make biodynamic wine, just for Kyle's sake.

Too awesome.

I still won't buy BD, but at least I'm slightly less vocal about its evils than I used to be. Now it just pisses me off more if they decide they have to raise prices simply because they're BD and not necessarily because the quality of the wine actually justifies those prices.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:I would say it's not fair that I can't put silly images in your sig, but since you do it to yourself, I guess it's okay.

And where have you been hiding out?

It's been crazy busy here this week. Plus I switched to days and am still trying to get used to things. And stuff. Just stuff.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:It's been crazy busy here this week. Plus I switched to days and am still trying to get used to things. And stuff. Just stuff.

So are they going to let you come to the Wootception???

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Kyle's Cuvée

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
ddeuddeg wrote:Amigo, try to let go of the hate. It's not good for you. Just don't buy the wine if you don't think it's worth the money they are asking.

You are, of course, absolutely right. But a guy's gotta have a hobby.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:So are they going to let you come to the Wootception???

Heh, if I met TT in person, I don't think I'd be able to do anything but stare at her legs!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Reminder:

Winesmith BBQ in Santa Rosa is 2 weeks away. Great chance to meek Clark Smith and enjoy wine with fellow wooters. Check out the gatherings tab! Aug 3rd 12-6. Don't miss it!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:Heh, if I met TT in person, I don't think I'd be able to do anything but stare at her legs!

not nose and cheekbones? Get tired of those day after day do ya?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

bhodilee wrote:not nose and cheekbones? Get tired of those day after day do ya?

pretty much

--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:Heh, if I met TT in person, I don't think I'd be able to do anything but stare at her legs!

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:

Perhaps if we petitioned the Woot Gods to allow you to attend?

You know, to get to know the perve ... err, customers.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Too awesome.

I still won't buy BD, but at least I'm slightly less vocal about its evils than I used to be. Now it just pisses me off more if they decide they have to raise prices simply because they're BD and not necessarily because the quality of the wine actually justifies those prices.

I bet you're glad I don't put this in my sig line! Dancing Bananas on steroids!!! Or a high dose of caffeine!

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

Need some opinions and comments on the below cork that didn't at all protect the contents.

Ever seen something like this before?
Looking at the longitudinal striations that did not seal properly. This is only one view, they are found around most of the circumference of the cork. Ok, perhaps striation isn't really proper, just call them deep grooves.

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Need some opinions and comments on the below cork that didn't at all protect the contents.

It appears to be some kind of cork like material.

I guess I dont' see anything immediately wrong with it, but I've been told I never notice anything.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:It appears to be some kind of cork like material.

I guess I dont' see anything immediately wrong with it, but I've been told I never notice anything.

Edited original posting to bring attention to the grooves that really don't show up well in the pic, but are quite deep.

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Next Saturday, I will be swimming across Keuka Lake (one of the finger lakes, and the lake that has some amazing wineries). The swim itself is in support of Keuka Comfort Care Home, a hospice like organization. I'm doing this also because I love open water swimming. It is actually a lot of fun to basically see the sunrise in the lake.

If anyone would like to donate to the swim here is the link:

http://krossinkeuka.org/participant/anna-levina

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:Edited original posting to bring attention to the grooves that really don't show up well in the pic, but are quite deep.

If you were trying to show those grooves, a different angle would have worked better...

Seems like the cork was cut wrong or put in with some device that mangled it.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cheron98

Oh please oh please oh please! You should totally come, TT! You GOTTA come! We'd have sent you an actual invite if we had, like, your name and address. Cuz, y'know, kinda hard to send an invite through the Postal Service to "ThunderThighs"...

tiger7610

TT should just post her schedule, and we will hold a gathering when she is in the area.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:I bet you're glad I don't put this in my sig line! Dancing Bananas on steroids!!! Or a high dose of caffeine!

actually that might not have affected it more than it already is, since it's just one more image. Now if that had been like 10 more images, then yeah, that would've been a disaster.

Cuz, y'know, every time one of your posts loads, it's as many images as you have extra fetches that have to happen. That's what slows it down so much.

cheron98

rjquillin wrote:Need some opinions and comments on the below cork that didn't at all protect the contents.

Looking at the longitudinal striations that did not seal properly. This is only one view, they are found around most of the circumference of the cork. Ok, perhaps striation isn't really proper, just call them deep grooves.

That is one messed up cork. It definitely should not be all bumpy like that.

rjquillin

North316 wrote:If you were trying to show those grooves, a different angle would have worked better...

Seems like the cork was cut wrong or put in with some device that mangled it.

Agreed, but I wasn't the photographer.

CT

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:Edited original posting to bring attention to the grooves that really don't show up well in the pic, but are quite deep.

yeah, I thought it looked grooved, but I couldn't tell if the groove traversed the entire cork. I'd say file it under anomaly and get a replacement. Did it pour out or something with the cork in?

rjquillin

bhodilee wrote:yeah, I thought it looked grooved, but I couldn't tell if the groove traversed the entire cork. I'd say file it under anomaly and get a replacement. Did it pour out or something with the cork in?

There were seven or eight of them, and yes, top to bottom. Anomaly was my thought as well, as I've pulled my share of these corks in the past. Didn't notice any leakage however, but only took a close look (my bad) at the cork after a sip.

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

tiger7610 wrote:TT should just post her schedule, and we will hold a gathering when she is in the area.

I did go to the Austin, TX tasting. I even took monkeys.

FORUM MODERATOR

tiger7610

Some of us sadly are too far away from Austin

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tiger7610 wrote:Next Saturday, I will be swimming across Keuka Lake (one of the finger lakes, and the lake that has some amazing wineries). The swim itself is in support of Keuka Comfort Care Home, a hospice like organization. I'm doing this also because I love open water swimming. It is actually a lot of fun to basically see the sunrise in the lake.

If anyone would like to donate to the swim here is the link:

http://krossinkeuka.org/participant/anna-levina

I'd actually love to contribute, but I can't remember my PayPal password, and won't be able to access it until I get home, which won't be until after the event. I'll take care of it then, as long as they're still accepting donations.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tiger7610

ddeuddeg wrote:I'd actually love to contribute, but I can't remember my PayPal password, and won't be able to access it until I get home, which won't be until after the event. I'll take care of it then, as long as they're still accepting donations.

I understand, not sure if they will be accepting donations. Since I did not put a date in the info its Saturday July 27th.

Have fun on your trip!

cheron98

ThunderThighs wrote:I did go to the Austin, TX tasting. I even took monkeys.

Wootception or it doesn't count

ThunderThighs

Staff

tiger7610 wrote:Some of us sadly are too far away from Austin

Some of us are too far from Californey.

FORUM MODERATOR