cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
kylemittskus wrote:That makes sense. However, burying a horn (12 inches long?) isn't going to attract enough flora to affect a vineyard that is acres. And even if there was enough flora attracted, how would they make sure the flora was evenly distributed among the many rows of vines?

He did say that the crap in the horn was a starter for the compost heap. It doesn't take much yeast to start a loaf of bread. A hornfull of starter would probably do wonderful things for a heap of compost.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
Dear mother,

Remember that 2009 Barbera, Amador County, J&S Reserve wine you ordered? Turns out the winery ran out. But it's OK because who wants old wine anyway, right? The good news is, we've got a brand spanking new vintage practically fresh off the vine! ...snip...

Heck of a different story than the one you just told WD.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote: I hate BD so much.

Amigo, try to let go of the hate. It's not good for you. Just don't buy the wine if you don't think it's worth the money they are asking.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well, Scott shouldn't have been one to offer anything extra, since he didn't have any part of the error.
As for the 2009 Barbera, he obviously didn't have enough for a Woot offer, hence why it was supposed to be for the 2011. And if you look at Scott's website, the 2009 is listed as sold out now.
I'm guessing he didn't even make a 2010, since it's not listed anywhere on the website.

The 2009 was NOT listed as sold out when I wrote my POST (not email) yesterday (or when I responded to support either time...).

Scott sold me 3 bottles of 2009 J&S Reserve Barbera, so yes it is on him to fix the mistake. If on the back end WCC or Amazon pay for it, that's between them.

Also the issue was previously an oversale, now it's suddenly an error in vintage which was sold to everyone.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:That makes sense. However, burying a horn (12 inches long?) isn't going to attract enough flora to affect a vineyard that is acres. And even if there was enough flora attracted, how would they make sure the flora was evenly distributed among the many rows of vines?

Is it only one horn? Or do they bury more than one?

Or as cmaldoon put it, they only use it in the starter mix.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Heck of a different story than the one you just told WD.

Not really. WD said the wrong vintage was loaded (2009), which means that the quantity wasn't there for Woot. Someone in Service probably used an older template that used "ran out", and forgot to change it.

Although it's probably simpler to say "ran out" than it's not the vintage the winery wanted to sell. The point is that they caught it, and offered to cancel the order if you didn't want the 2011.

Scott has always been upfront with us, and a good friend to Wooters. He and Jana are always welcoming us into their home in St. Helena.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:The 2009 was NOT listed as sold out when I wrote my POST (not email) yesterday (or when I responded to support either time...).

Scott sold me 3 bottles of 2009 J&S Reserve Barbera, so yes it is on him to fix the mistake. If on the back end WCC or Amazon pay for it, that's between them.

Also the issue was previously an oversale, now it's suddenly an error in vintage which was sold to everyone.

Point of order ... "Ran out" does not equal "Sold out". Ran out implies that they don't have the quantity of wine for a Wine.Woot sale. Sold out means they haven't got any more (except maybe to fulfill wine club orders and/or library storage) to sell thru regular channels.

And it sounded more like someone forgot to change the vintage when it went up here from the 2009 to the 2011.

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Point of Order:
Scott Harvey sold the wine through Woot, there is no difference between woot and non woot wine. He offered it for sale and we purchased it. (Unless you want WD lead off handcuffed by the taxman...)

And how the CRAP does "Remember that 2009 Barbera, Amador County, J&S Reserve wine you ordered? Turns out the winery ran out. " turn into ANYTHING that you're going on about.

You're attempts at apologism are getting pathetic.

Edit: Gosh my grammar goes to hell when I get pissed off at people.

That wasn't anything but pointing out that you were ranting about two different things.

You were saying they weren't "sold out" til after your email. Which is probably accurate.

I was trying to show that "ran out" doesn't mean they don't still have wine for sale. Just not for the Wine.Woot offer.

Or maybe I'm just yanking someone's chain to see their grammar go to Hershey's Kiss?

Edit: Did I mention I didn't have my morning coffee?

MarkDaSpark

Speaking of grammar, I wonder if these are still filtered, and if they've changed them as in the past?

Hot Tamales
Sour Patch
Bricks of Chocolate
boo (used to be "I kn haz sadness?")
boobs (used to be "tree ants")
Twizzlers
Sugar Daddy
eat them all
Butterfinger
Butterfinger
first page (used to be "I AM NOT AN ESKIMO!")
Mentos
Mentosing
gay (used to be pleasantly upbeat)
Goobers
killa (used to be "clown-hater")
Raisinets
LOL (used to be "Snort!")
lol (used to be "that wuz teh funneh")
lolz (used to be "snortz!"
motherMentoser
I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant
Oh! Mr. Goodbar!
Oh! Mr. Goodbar!
Dove Milk Chocolate
Kit Kat
terrible act
refurb (used to be "respiffied")
Hershey's Kiss
Hershey's Kiss
sucks (used to be "vacuums")
woot killer (used to be "This is my favorite product yet!")
woot-killa (used to be "woot-clown-hater")
woot-killer (used to be "woot-I woke up next to a dead clown!")
Where's the Hershey's
B0C (used to be Brigand on Call)
Bricks of Chocolate
haha (used to be *giggles*)
Twix
Mentoser
shitter (used to be "doody chamber")
shite (used to be "a major Hollywood production")
Fail (used to be "I am an un-original person")

Edit: And it used to be fun when someone from the winery would post, and the filters would kick in.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:That wasn't anything but pointing out that you were ranting about two different things.

You were saying they weren't "sold out" til after your email. Which is probably accurate.

I was trying to show that "ran out" doesn't mean they don't still have wine for sale. Just not for the Wine.Woot offer.

Or maybe I'm just yanking someone's chain to see their grammar go to Hershey's Kiss?

Edit: Did I mention I didn't have my morning coffee?

yea, the email could have been worded better.

Scott Harvey did nothing wrong here. It was totally our (WCC's)fault.

I still don't understand the basis or the level of your ire mother.

A mistake was made, we reached out saying it was made and offered a reasonable set of choices to remedy the error (cancelation with coupon or new vintage with coupon).

Offering the 09 was never a possibility.

cmaldoon

mother wrote:Point of Order:
Scott Harvey sold the wine through Woot, there is no difference between woot and non woot wine. He offered it for sale and we purchased it. (Unless you want WD lead off handcuffed by the taxman...)

And how the CRAP does "Remember that 2009 Barbera, Amador County, J&S Reserve wine you ordered? Turns out the winery ran out. " turn into ANYTHING that you're going on about.

You're attempts at apologism are getting pathetic.

Edit: Gosh my grammar goes to hell when I get pissed off at people.

Ok so I don't think anyone is arguing that a mistake was made (neither WD not SH are going to purposely pull a bait and switch)

I think it's also firmly established that there was not enough 2009 to fulfill the orders.

So what could woot have done?

Impossible solutions:
1) Fill all the orders with 2009 (regardless of who pays)

Infeasible solutions:
1) offer some people 2009 and others 2011 ( this is worse than the current plan)

Possible and feasible solutions:
1) substitue all the bottles for a new vintage (done)
2) Say sorry and offer refunds (done)
3) Bribe affected customers (done)
4) offer a mixed set (questionably feasible)

My Cellar

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

This really isn't any different than if you ordered from the winery and then they cancelled on you. Which has happened to me numerous times. Sometimes the inventory doesn't match what they actually have.

I don't think there was any intentional deception, mostly because it would benefit no one, and I trust the folks on both sides. It is inherent that you can't please all the people all the time.

For what its worth, I received an email well over a week ago from the winery stating it was the end of the vintage on that wine.

ugh... I'm sure I'll have to keep reading about this for a while.

Maybe I'll open up an '09 and read the comments tonight

trifecta

cmaldoon wrote:Ok so I don't think anyone is arguing that a mistake was made (neither WD not SH are going to purposely pull a bait and switch)

I think it's also firmly established that there was not enough 2009 to fulfill the orders.

So what could woot have done?

Impossible solutions:
1) Fill all the orders with 2009 (regardless of who pays)

Infeasible solutions:
1) offer some people 2009 and others 2011 ( this is worse than the current plan)

Possible and feasible solutions:
1) substitue all the bottles for a new vintage (done)
2) Say sorry and offer refunds (done)
3) Bribe affected customers (done)
4) offer a mixed set (questionably feasible)

+1. Where are you drinking tonight?

mother

Winedavid39 wrote:yea, the email could have been worded better.

Scott Harvey did nothing wrong here. It was totally our (WCC's)fault.

I still don't understand the basis or the level of your ire mother.

A mistake was made, we reached out saying it was made and offered a reasonable set of choices to remedy the error (cancelation with coupon or new vintage with coupon).

Offering the 09 was never a possibility.

Then why have CS lie to us? The ire came from the obvious discrepancy between what we were told and reality- that Scott was not sold out of the 2009.

Now that apparently it's "sold out" everywhere and the story has changed to "we screwed up and posted the wrong vintage" the ire comes from 1)people like Mark tweaking me. 2) A box of what I assume is unwanted 2011 sitting at my parents house in New York. and 3) The timing of Scott actually selling out of it is pretty eyebrow raising.

But mostly the first thing.
(Hope that helps explain it).

mother

trifecta wrote:This really isn't any different than if you ordered from the winery and then they cancelled on you. Which has happened to me numerous times. Sometimes the inventory doesn't match what they actually have.

If a winery cancelled your order which they had accepted and charged you for in order to sell the product to other people for more money I hope you called the appropriate legal authority in that State. I'm sure that's illegal in NY and CT, and I can't imagine it's legal in CA.

'We offered the wrong vintage' was not the story given to customers until just today. Nor was Scott sold out of the 2009 until just today.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

mother wrote:Then why have CS lie to us? The ire came from the obvious discrepancy between what we were told and reality- that Scott was not sold out of the 2009.

Now that apparently it's "sold out" everywhere and the story has changed to "we screwed up and posted the wrong vintage" the ire comes from 1)people like Mark tweaking me. 2) A box of what I assume is unwanted 2011 sitting at my parents house in New York. and 3) The timing of Scott actually selling out of it is pretty eyebrow raising.

it was not a lie, it was a "lost in translation" mistake.

Please consider our overall intent.

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Then why have CS lie to us? The ire came from the obvious discrepancy between what we were told and reality- that Scott was not sold out of the 2009.

I apologize for being an Hot Tamales to you.

I truly didn't start out to tweak you. I blame it all on Corrado. Well, that and I didn't have my morning coffee!

trifecta

mother wrote:If a winery cancelled your order which they had accepted and charged you for in order to sell the product to other people for more money I hope you called the appropriate legal authority in that State. I'm sure that's illegal in NY and CT, and I can't imagine it's legal in CA.

'We offered the wrong vintage' was not the story given to customers until just today. Nor was Scott sold out of the 2009 until just today.

Hahaha. I totally contacted my legal authority, because I totally had proof that happened. Not.

mother

trifecta wrote:Hahaha. I totally contacted my legal authority, because I totally had proof that happened. Not.

URE WHATS RONG WITH THIS TwizzlersRY

;)

trifecta

mother wrote:URE WHATS RONG WITH THIS TwizzlersRY

;)

Most would say that's you.

MarkDaSpark

trifecta wrote:Most would say that's you.

No, no, no. That's only the Westboro freaks.

Edit: Mother is just being passionate. Yes, that's it. Passionate.

Edit2: That, or he needs to eat a Snickers bar. He's not himself when he's hungry.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
Winedavid39 wrote:for reefer zone skip, they do not provide much if any value. we've never included them.

thanks, I figured as much.. and thanks for making sure my wine arrives in great shape!!

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:I dont' think they're used anymore for the most part. Back when summer shipping meant no real precautions we got those. I probably have some in the basement, but I may or may not have Hoffa in that Hershey's Kiss hole. Completely taken over by baby stuff and boxes for kid stuff.

ahh to have a basement! I miss not having a basement!

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:No, no, no. That's only the Westboro freaks.

Edit2: That, or he needs to eat a Snickers bar. He's not himself when he's hungry.

love mother.

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:I'm back from vacation. Fun. I missed the BD thread? Boo!

Really tired and overwhlemed with stuff I need to do and errands I need to run today and tomorrow. Yesterday was pack up, unpack, laundry, and sleep.

welcome back ...to reality!! I hate coming back from vacations and back to the "real world"

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:ahh to have a basement! I miss not having a basement!

Never had one of those yet. Although my grandfather had kinda one at their old house (which was still on his property, but rented out to someone). He kept his homemade wine (in a barrel) there. But it was small from what I remember.

And while not technically a basement, my great-aunts' homes up in San Fran were two levels. Downstairs was the garage and storage areas (and a spare bedroom for my great-uncle when he visited), and upstairs were the living areas.

MarkDaSpark

Winedavid39 wrote:love mother.

Does WineFarm know?

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:Does WineFarm know?

she's met mother.

mother

MarkDaSpark wrote:No, no, no. That's only the Westboro freaks.

Actually I am waiting on the food delivery dude ;)

PS Bowtie if you bought that portable Sharp AC- make sure they didn't send you the cheaper unit instead.

cmaldoon

Winedavid39 wrote:she's met mother.

Does that make it easier or harder to tell her how you feel about mother? ;-)

My Cellar

mother

MarkDaSpark wrote:Does WineFarm know?

Winedavid39 wrote:she's met mother.

There was a lot of wine involved...

;)

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Never had one of those yet. Although my grandfather had kinda one at their old house (which was still on his property, but rented out to someone). He kept his homemade wine (in a barrel) there. But it was small from what I remember.

And while not technically a basement, my great-aunts' homes up in San Fran were two levels. Downstairs was the garage and storage areas (and a spare bedroom for my great-uncle when he visited), and upstairs were the living areas.

we had them in some of the houses when I was growing up. and mr. mommadebs parents have one now... It would be great now... I could have my wine storage area and a place for extra crap...

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:There was a lot of wine involved...

;)

Umm, Duh!!!

Food Delivery Dude there yet?

mother

MarkDaSpark wrote:Umm, Duh!!!

Food Delivery Dude there yet?

Can't you tell?

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Can't you tell?

Just checking!

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

mother wrote:There was a lot of wine involved...

;)

what happens on the RPM tour.... :-)

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:So, wife's uncle who lives about an hour from us was life-flighted to one of our local hospitals this afternoon after falling off of a roof while working. Partially shattered his pelvis, fractured three vertibrae, two broken ribs, hairline fracture of his skull and a collapsed lung.

He's alert and awake, but still in the ICU. The rest of the family is 3 hours across the state, so the wife and I are going to spending a lot of time at the hospital in the near future.

Good news is I won my softball game. I would have pitched a shutout had it not been for a worthless umpire behind the plate.

Darn sightless umpires!

And prayers to your wife's family!

MarkDaSpark

Winedavid39 wrote:what happens on the RPM tour.... :-)

Doesn't stay there! It isn't Vegas, you know!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Doesn't stay there! It isn't Vegas, you know!

I know! People even know that Sparky and I hugged! :puke:

I still can't believe that Cat and Hak had no clue who I was at 100 Grand Bar

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
Winedavid39 wrote:hah, yea. that was part of our breakfast discussion... not going to ask questions..

and I thought our (SWMBO and my) morning discussions were bad...