MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:All guesses can be thrown out the window. He's added more than I have purchased and drank in the past year.

Except I haven't added those in yet!!!

Edit: otosparky!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and I got a surprise today! Mostly because I forgot I read an old email and sent them the address!

Kinkajou Wine Bottle Cutter (Kickstarter project)

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:I don't know why everyone didn't just cancel their orders.

Cause it's Scott Harvey wine! And still good stuff!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
otolith wrote:I got tired just reading it!

And, I can't stay up so damn late. Been dragging ass at night.

Best part was getting to bed at 1AM or so, instead of 3. Finally got a decent night's sleep.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother

I told them quite explicitly I did not want the 2011, that the winery we purchased it from is still selling the 2009, and that I expect 2009.
----

That said, has W.W talked to their lawyers? I'm pretty sure they're exposing themselves to a lot of liability. (Edit: from state regulators)

We did not buy the wine 'from woot' we bought it from the winery via woot. My order was accepted, my credit card was charged, and the winery has the inventory I purchased from them.

I really don't see how Scott has any option here.

Alternatively we purchased it from Wint Woot, who didn't have the inventory, and had to cancel/substitute. Which would be a VERY bad thing for W.W as I understand the wine selling/shipping laws.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:I got tired just reading it!

And, I can't stay up so damn late. Been dragging ass at night.

try getting your anal gland expressed. It's what we do when the dog has that problem. And by what we do I mean what I pay the Vet to do, cause I would never attempt to milk a dogs ass. Well, any ass for that matter. ewwwwwww. This whole post kind of went off the rails.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and I got a surprise today! Mostly because I forgot I read an old email and sent them the address!

Kinkajou Wine Bottle Cutter (Kickstarter project)

That looks neat! let us know how if it works!

bhodilee

mother wrote:I told them quite explicitly I did not want the 2011, that the winery we purchased it from is still selling the 2009, and that I expect 2009.
----

That said, has W.W talked to their lawyers? I'm pretty sure they're exposing themselves to a lot of liability. (Edit: from state regulators)

We did not buy the wine 'from woot' we bought it from the winery via woot. My order was accepted, my credit card was charged, and the winery has the inventory I purchased from them.

I really don't see how Scott has any option here.

Alternatively we purchased it from Wint Woot, who didn't have the inventory, and had to cancel/substitute. Which would be a VERY bad thing for W.W as I understand the wine selling/shipping laws.

were you given the chance to cancel or by not cancelling you accepted the modified order for the same price? If you weren't given an opportunity to cancel then I understand the frustration. If you were given the opportunity to cancel, I still get the frustration, but if you didn't cancel then that's on you.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:The Kinkajou looks totally cool! Have you used it yet? I want one.

I just got it yesterday!!! So probably today sometime.

And contrary to popular opinion, I do drink my own wines, and I have some empties around the house (mostly those I am saving to put in the wall wine racks (for looks!), once I put them up. Eventually.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Best part was getting to bed at 1AM or so, instead of 3. Finally got a decent night's sleep.

Instead of an indecent night's sleep?

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:try getting your anal gland expressed. It's what we do when the dog has that problem. And by what we do I mean what I pay the Vet to do, cause I would never attempt to milk a dogs ass. Well, any ass for that matter. ewwwwwww. This whole post kind of went off the rails.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 180 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bhodilee wrote:were you given the chance to cancel or by not cancelling you accepted the modified order for the same price? If you weren't given an opportunity to cancel then I understand the frustration. If you were given the opportunity to cancel, I still get the frustration, but if you didn't cancel then that's on you.

Yea Mother, i'm not sure i follow. Shoot me a private message or an email to discuss further.

Quite simply, the deal was loaded incorrectly and the wrong vintage was promoted. Thankfully this doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. and it was an honest error.

an email was sent out indicating the error and a choice to accept the new vintage or cancel. plus an apology and a little something for your troubles.

What should we or the winery have done differently?

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

MarkDaSpark

Winedavid39 wrote:Yea Mother, i'm not sure i follow. Shoot me a private message or an email to discuss further.

Quite simply, the deal was loaded incorrectly and the wrong vintage was promoted. Thankfully this doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. and it was an honest error.

an email was sent out indicating the error and a choice to accept the new vintage or cancel. plus an apology and a little something for your troubles.

BTW, your SWMBO has indicated she will get you to send frozen ketchup packets to MichelleShari. Why she wants frozen ketchup is anyone's guess, but then again, she is married to JoelSisk!

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:BTW, your SWMBO has indicated she will get you to send frozen ketchup packets to MichelleShari. Why she wants frozen ketchup is anyone's guess, but then again, she is married to JoelSisk!

hah, yea. that was part of our breakfast discussion... not going to ask questions..

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:BTW, your SWMBO has indicated she will get you to send frozen ketchup packets to MichelleShari. Why she wants frozen ketchup is anyone's guess, but then again, she is married to JoelSisk!

I was wondering that myself...also, why I have never seen these mysterious frozen Ketchup packs in my summer shipments? I'm not concerned as my wine usually arrives in great shape!

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:I was wondering that myself...also, why I have never seen these mysterious frozen Ketchup packs in my summer shipments? I'm not concerned as my wine usually arrives in great shape!

I dont' think they're used anymore for the most part. Back when summer shipping meant no real precautions we got those. I probably have some in the basement, but I may or may not have Hoffa in that Hershey's Kiss hole. Completely taken over by baby stuff and boxes for kid stuff.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Article on résumés showed up in my school email today: See #11

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

mommadeb1 wrote:I was wondering that myself...also, why I have never seen these mysterious frozen Ketchup packs in my summer shipments? I'm not concerned as my wine usually arrives in great shape!

for reefer zone skip, they do not provide much if any value. we've never included them.

klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman

I know SH's Barbera will be great, even if it is a different year. I'll just have to wait longer to drink it. And merbill is getting one also. I'd actually love to have both.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

Winedavid39 wrote:Yea Mother, i'm not sure i follow. Shoot me a private message or an email to discuss further.

Hey WD - I don't want to speak for mother here, but best I can tell the frustration is that Scott seems to still be selling the 2009 directly and the extra couple years bottle age made it a better deal than the freshly bottled 2011. It would be a much easier sell if Scott had totally run out of 2009 and 2010. Anyway, I feel like you dealt with the mix-up reasonably, but you/Scott could have made it even better by throwing in a fourth bottle

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:Hey WD - I don't want to speak for mother here, but best I can tell the frustration is that Scott seems to still be selling the 2009 directly and the extra couple years bottle age made it a better deal than the freshly bottled 2011. It would be a much easier sell if Scott had totally run out of 2009 and 2010. Anyway, I feel like you dealt with the mix-up reasonably, but you/Scott could have made it even better by throwing in a fourth bottle

Well, Scott shouldn't have been one to offer anything extra, since he didn't have any part of the error.
As for the 2009 Barbera, he obviously didn't have enough for a Woot offer, hence why it was supposed to be for the 2011. And if you look at Scott's website, the 2009 is listed as sold out now.
I'm guessing he didn't even make a 2010, since it's not listed anywhere on the website.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

kylemittskus

quality posts: 225 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm back from vacation. Fun. I missed the BD thread? Boo!

Really tired and overwhlemed with stuff I need to do and errands I need to run today and tomorrow. Yesterday was pack up, unpack, laundry, and sleep.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well, Scott shouldn't have been one to offer anything extra, since he didn't have any part of the error.
As for the 2009 Barbera, he obviously didn't have enough for a Woot offer, hence why it was supposed to be for the 2011. And if you look at Scott's website, the 2009 is listed as sold out now.
I'm guessing he didn't even make a 2010, since it's not listed anywhere on the website.

I know Scott made some 2010 Mountain, 'cause I'm sitting on both 750's and a mag, not so sure about the J&S. I know I got the '09, but no record of the '11.

CT is worthless if not kept up!
Guilty.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I'm back from vacation. Fun. I missed the BD thread? Boo!

Really tired and overwhlemed with stuff I need to do and errands I need to run today and tomorrow. Yesterday was pack up, unpack, laundry, and sleep.

And here we thought you were on protective probation.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:And here we thought you were on protective probation.

This is probably a good idea for TT for future BD offers.

bhodilee

rjquillin wrote:I know Scott made some 2010 Mountain, 'cause I'm sitting on both 750's and a mag, not so sure about the J&S. I know I got the '09, but no record of the '11.

CT is worthless if not kept up!
Guilty.

if you're using wine as chairs, you may want to cut back. Also, the heat from your ass is probably not good for long term aging.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I'm back from vacation. Fun. I missed the BD thread? Boo!

You were gone? I was thinking things were running smoothly lately.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:You were gone? I was thinking things were running smoothly lately.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

bhodilee

klezman wrote:This is the very first time I've ever heard anything remotely resembling a scientific hypothesis regarding biodynamics. Bravo, sir.

Thread's over, but I went back through it and I thoroughly enjoyed his answers. First time a BD person has actually said something logical in regards to BD and not just HORNS AND POOP AND FLOPPING PEEPEES!

kylemittskus

bhodilee wrote:Thread's over, but I went back through it and I thoroughly enjoyed his answers. First time a BD person has actually said something logical in regards to BD and not just HORNS AND POOP AND FLOPPING PEEPEES!

Devil's advocate: he did say a lot of weird stuff like the crystal BS and the horn BS, but at least he admitted that he's not sure if it worked.

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:Devil's advocate: he did say a lot of weird stuff like the crystal BS and the horn BS, but at least he admitted that he's not sure if it worked.

he tried to give a rational answer as to why the horn and crystal BS though. I enjoyed that. Most times it's just we do BioD cause it works and you're not spiritual enough to understand why. Which in my case is likely true

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bhodilee wrote: Most times it's just we do BioD cause it works and you're not spiritual enough to understand why. Which in my case is likely true

I like this argument. It amuses me. I want it to be true. But...I don't remember if I've ever actually bought a BD wine. Hmmm.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well, Scott shouldn't have been one to offer anything extra, since he didn't have any part of the error.

To be fair, Scott did have a part in the mixup because he was on the boards specifically talking about 2009 which was being offered. If there was a mixup, he should have thought "oh, wait, why I am talking about this wine on here when I don't even have enough of it to sell"

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
bhodilee wrote:he tried to give a rational answer as to why the horn and crystal BS though. I enjoyed that. Most times it's just we do BioD cause it works and you're not spiritual enough to understand why. Which in my case is likely true

I think he had a really good approach to the whole thing and delivered some great answers and info. Type of winemaker I would want to support (if I like the juice...), regardless of the VDDD, just based on his honesty and and what I consider a logical 'wait and see' approach to what's best for his vineyard. Though I guess the truth in that will come to a head when he sees something that he doesn't feel is benefitting his vineyard and then cuts the process out at the risk of losing the BD label one day. Do you think he would? I thought so after his first response regarding BD but that comment about some people that will only buy organic and explaining he didn't want to turn off a certain segment of the market conflicts with that.

kylemittskus

bhodilee wrote:he tried to give a rational answer as to why the horn and crystal BS though. I enjoyed that. Most times it's just we do BioD cause it works and you're not spiritual enough to understand why. Which in my case is likely true

True. But his rationale (which I'm not sure even he buys) was totally absurd. Something about attracting crystals to the leaves which attracts sunlight. I hate BD so much.

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:True. But his rationale (which I'm not sure even he buys) was totally absurd. Something about attracting crystals to the leaves which attracts sunlight. I hate BD so much.

I'm not saying it's not, but he at least took a stab at giving an answer that is based in logic than whatever the hell BD actually is based.

klezman

I agree, I was just trying to leave open all possibilities. And the winky face was meant to indicate I didn't expect anybody to throw in an extra bottle...obviously none of us would object to that

tiger7610

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610

I thought BD was all about attracting new microbial flora

klezman

bhodilee wrote:I'm not saying it's not, but he at least took a stab at giving an answer that is based in logic than whatever the hell BD actually is based.

Yes, this. The crystals focusing the sun sounded odd, I agree...seeding microbial cultures on the other hand sounds reasonable.

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Yes, this. The crystals focusing the sun sounded odd, I agree...seeding microbial cultures on the other hand sounds reasonable.

That makes sense. However, burying a horn (12 inches long?) isn't going to attract enough flora to affect a vineyard that is acres. And even if there was enough flora attracted, how would they make sure the flora was evenly distributed among the many rows of vines?