bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
polarbear22 wrote:Likely. And already going from trash cans to cars and garages.



I'm saying if they have pets, I wouldn't let them out without being right there with them.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:This story seemed best in the Sparky Pub.

My sister and her family woke up in the wee hours yesterday morning to their car on fire. Arson. (Notice that arson and arse have the same root.) It totaled the car. Turns out the arsonist(s) started multiple fires, burning two cars, a boat and damaging two garages that a fire was started between. And numerous garbage cans. Last time (so this wasn't the first) it was just garbage cans.

There were other cars that they tried to burn. Their son was coming home from duty and put out a fire under a car before it could catch, and saw someone else putting out a fire under another car. Their son is currently a policeman (and a volunteer fireman.) Helped that he was in uniform when the homeowner wakes up at 3AM to find some guy using his hose to put out a fire next to his car.

Makes me angry to think this is someone's idea of "fun".



We had that problem in 2011 around the holidays.


Who "discovered" the other fires?

I'm hoping I'm not too suspicious, but there have been volunteer firefighters who started fires. And that's just two of the stories.

I'm hoping it's not Hero Syndrome, but seems like if he was able to "put the fire out", he should have seen the person who started it hanging around. I seem to recall that most arsonist like to watch the fires they start.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Great flight to Oviedo! A fine lunch of excellent home-made seafood paella with our friends. Had two bottles of Palacio de Vivero 2012 Verdejo from Rueda--a nice light, fresh white, followed by cherries and Aguardiente and café. Beautiful views from their apartment. Ready for a siesta, but, not permitted! Thermometer in the house says 78 degrees. What a relief from close to 90 in Barcelona!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Well, I suppose I should make a stand about which Pub I would prefer to post in, and since I am such a stickler for "rules" or something, and this is the one that has the title formatted properly, I'm going to say that this is the "proper" Pub. And the other one should be ashamed of itself

Not that we ever do anything "proper" around here, nor do we ever feel shame for our actions...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rjquillin


quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

Main thread today is shaping up to potentially be quite interesting, and educational.
Time to sit back and sip.

CT

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Main thread today is shaping up to potentially be quite interesting, and educational.
Time to sit back and sip.



educational?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:... nor do we ever feel shame for our actions...

Nor should we.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin


quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:educational?

Just stirring the VDDD pot.

CT

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
rjquillin wrote:Just stirring the VDDD pot.



Haha, I saw that. Where's Kyle today? He shouldn't miss out.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
tdedek wrote:Haha, I saw that. Where's Kyle today? He shouldn't miss out.


Wonder if they put him on pre-emptory probation to keep him from getting himself into trouble.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:This story seemed best in the Sparky Pub.

My sister and her family woke up in the wee hours yesterday morning to their car on fire. Arson. (Notice that arson and arse have the same root.) It totalled the car. Turns out the arsonist(s) started mutliple fires, burning two cars, a boat and damaging two garages that a fire was started between. And numerous garbage cans. Last time (so this wasn't the first) it was just garbage cans.

There were other cars that they tried to burn. Their son was coming home from duty and put out a fire under a car before it could catch, and saw someone else putting out a fire under another car. Their son is currently a policeman (and a volunteer fireman.) Helped that he was in uniform when the homeowner wakes up at 3AM to find some guy using his hose to put out a fire next to his car.

Makes me angry to think this is someone's idea of "fun".



Where's the Hershey's? my husbands cousin had a rock thrown into their car yesterday and everything stolen out of it.....whats wrong with people?

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Great flight to Oviedo! A fine lunch of excellent home-made seafood paella with our friends. Had two bottles of Palacio de Vivero 2012 Verdejo from Rueda--a nice light, fresh white, followed by cherries and Aguardiente and café. Beautiful views from their apartment. Ready for a siesta, but, not permitted! Thermometer in the house says 78 degrees. What a relief from close to 90 in Barcelona!



glad you guys are having fun!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:Main thread today is shaping up to potentially be quite interesting, and educational.
Time to sit back and sip.



I haven't had time to check... must do when I get a chance!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Well, I suppose I should make a stand about which Pub I would prefer to post in, and since I am such a stickler for "rules" or something, and this is the one that has the title formatted properly, I'm going to say that this is the "proper" Pub. And the other one should be ashamed of itself

Not that we ever do anything "proper" around here, nor do we ever feel shame for our actions...



Well, it was started a minute earlier than the "other" one. I, unlike an earlier Pub starter, have not insisted that other's title be changed.


AND ... I have been magnanimous in posting there as well, quite a few times more than someone else who used a 4 letter word!



Edit: Right now, I'm at 1/6 of the total posts there!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

For those who were wondering, I got the Scott Harvey Barbera today - despite the paper insert saying it was the 2011 Mountain Selection Barbera, it was indeed the 2011 Reserve/white label Barbera.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Main thread today is shaping up to potentially be quite interesting, and educational.
Time to sit back and sip.



Naw, it's a kitten fight.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:For those who were wondering, I got the Scott Harvey Barbera today - despite the paper insert saying it was the 2011 Mountain Selection Barbera, it was indeed the 2011 Reserve/white label Barbera.



Hmmm, want to trade some for the Mountain Selection?


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
klezman wrote:For those who were wondering, I got the Scott Harvey Barbera today - despite the paper insert saying it was the 2011 Mountain Selection Barbera, it was indeed the 2011 Reserve/white label Barbera.



But it was in fact the 2011 and not the 2009 which we all purchased...

Edit: And is still for sale from the SH website.

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

Poating from phone in Spain gives Spanish sidebars on w.w.! After "lunch" and 2 bottles of wine, we traveled up the mountain to check out some pre-Roman ruins and a view from the top of the mountain. Stopped in town to try the new vintage of ciders. The rubric is that the barkeep opens a bottle and pours a round of about 4 ounce "shots" into pint-like glasses, then, you are to chug it and do the last little bit on the floor next to the edge of the bar where there may be a trough or an opening grate. The fun part is that the barkeep pours from above his head into a glass at about thigh height. This is repeated three times per bar! We stopped at two bars! Then, back "home" for a simple dinner of salad, cheeses and breads and two different wines! If you've been counting-- that's four bottles of wine plus about four bottles of cidra since about 3:15 this afternoon! We left the dinner table about 12:45 am! It is so excellent to be with our good friends again!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Can you believe it? Skipped Corison on library day?

OK, I would have as well if I could have went to another winery I hadn't visited.



See! This is the Hershey's Kiss you get in false Pubs! Heresy!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:I find this post offensive



I didn't think that was possible!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:I didn't think that was possible!



Now you only have 6 more to go!!


Edit: 7 to go.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Finally was on-line to get a gaming mouse!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:I didn't think that was possible!



You said "work"!!


Dang it! I need to stop posting in your Pub until you equal the count! (8, by the way).


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Can you not count?!?

Don't worry, it'll be a long-ass time before I start one again! Too many rules and regulations to follow!



Well, you did leave off the double dash ( -- ) in the title. And put the wrong date in.

But most egregious of all? You didn't use PS in the first post!!!!


So yes, please don't start anymore Pubs. Never, ever! Leave it to the professionals.



P.S. Does reverse psychology work anymore?


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

[quote postid="5503352" user="MarkDaSpark"]I like that! Otosparky!



8 to go now. [/quote
7

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, you did leave off the double dash ( -- ) in the title. And put the wrong date in.

But most egregious of all? You didn't use PS in the first post!!!!


So yes, please don't start anymore Pubs. Never, ever! Leave it to the professionals.



P.S. Does reverse psychology work anymore?


I like PS (especially with lamb, it's a match made in heaven), but it still doesn't top CS, or a Burgundy, for that matter.
Heresy, around here, I know!

Does telling someone to never do something again, work? Yep! Especially with all the damn rules!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Poating from phone in Spain gives Spanish sidebars on w.w.! After "lunch" and 2 bottles of wine, we traveled up the mountain to check out some pre-Roman ruins and a view from the top of the mountain. Stopped in town to try the new vintage of ciders. The rubric is that the barkeep opens a bottle and pours a round of about 4 ounce "shots" into pint-like glasses, then, you are to chug it and do the last little bit on the floor next to the edge of the bar where there may be a trough or an opening grate. The fun part is that the barkeep pours from above his head into a glass at about thigh height. This is repeated three times per bar! We stopped at two bars! Then, back "home" for a simple dinner of salad, cheeses and breads and two different wines! If you've been counting-- that's four bottles of wine plus about four bottles of cidra since about 3:15 this afternoon! We left the dinner table about 12:45 am! It is so excellent to be with our good friends again!



wow!! sounds like a blast!!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:[quote postid="5503352" user="MarkDaSpark"]I like that! Otosparky!



8 to go now. [/quote
7



Nope ... just the number (and deleting the last bracket for the quote) doesn't count!!!

I did full posts!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:No, no, no. And I guess you really don't want any of my wine.



I think it's a ruse, and that you don't have all this wine!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:I think it's a ruse, and that you don't have all this wine!



You guessed our secret! All those boxes in our (zTimBz's) wine locker are empty!


Actually, Jenludwig can verify that those boxes do have wine in them. And that there are a lot of boxes!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
mommadeb1 wrote:wow!! sounds like a blast!!



I got tired just reading it!

And, I can't stay up so damn late. Been dragging ass at night.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith


quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:You guessed our secret! All those boxes in our (zTimBz's) wine locker are empty!


Actually, Jenludwig can verify that those boxes do have wine in them. And that there are a lot of boxes!!


I'm sure you have it all and that you're so overwhelmed with how much you have that you can't drink any of it!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
otolith wrote:I got tired just reading it!

And, I can't stay up so damn late. Been dragging ass at night.



I know the feeling.... I can't sleep thru the night....

rjquillin


quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
otolith wrote:I'm sure you have it all and that you're so overwhelmed with how much you have that you can't drink any of it!

And we still haven't gotten a count promised, mmmm, how long ago now? Seems like it's nearing a year.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:And we still haven't gotten a count promised, mmmm, how long ago now? Seems like it's nearing a year.



All guesses can be thrown out the window. He's added more than I have purchased and drank in the past year.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
mother wrote:But it was in fact the 2011 and not the 2009 which we all purchased...

Edit: And is still for sale from the SH website.



Well, if you find a way to extract the 2009 from them at the woot price, let me know.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20


quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:Well, if you find a way to extract the 2009 from them at the woot price, let me know.



I don't know why everyone didn't just cancel their orders.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:I'm sure you have it all and that you're so overwhelmed with how much you have that you can't drink any of it!



Exactly!!!



Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:And we still haven't gotten a count promised, mmmm, how long ago now? Seems like it's nearing a year.



Soon. Like October?


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.