+ Add a Comment

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of July 14

The Dog Days of Summer have arrived. Why not cool down that puppy with a White Wine or Sangria gathering? Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

July
7/20: NorCal #19: Theme Still Under Discussion
7/27: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux

August
8/3: NorCal #?: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
8/3: Minnesota #21 8-3-13
8/10: Omaha #1: Is there critical mass?
8/10 & 8/17: zTimBz's Bday / SoCal #28 - If we open them, he will come
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Beware of false Pubs!!!

You can tell them by them not having a Monday date!!

MarkDaSpark

Do I really need the Travelocity Gnome?????

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:Beware of false Pubs!!!

You can tell them by them not having a Monday date!!

Oh, you whiner! Here I'm finally up late enough to start a pub, and then you start one right away...jeerkface!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Do I really need the Travelocity Gnome?????

I dunno, do you need to be robbed and beaten in your sleep?

Do you need to open a portal to the infernal realms in your garden?

Do you need to mocked constantly?

If you answered yes to any of those questions then you need a travelocity gnome.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Hrm, I just got a ship notification for the Scott Harvey Reserve Barbera.

Since I made it clear I wanted the 2009 (which SH to this day is still selling), not sure what got sent.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Oh, you whiner! Here I'm finally up late enough to start a pub, and then you start one right away...jeerkface!

Doc, you get cranky when you're sleepy. Here, have a Geritol.

Better?

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I dunno, do you need to be robbed and beaten in your sleep?

Do you need to open a portal to the infernal realms in your garden?

Do you need to mocked constantly?

If you answered yes to any of those questions then you need a travelocity gnome.

You could have just said "No, you don't need it"!

Fine! You can still be the only one with one.

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Hrm, I just got a ship notification for the Scott Harvey Reserve Barbera.

Since I made it clear I wanted the 2009 (which SH to this day is still selling), not sure what got sent.

Hopefully, the 2009 (Scott and WD are usually pretty good), but keep us updated!

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Doc, you're cranky before 10am no matter how much sleep you get!

FTFY.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I hope WD never decides to offer us this.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:FTFY.

Are you sure it's not 10 PM?

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Are you sure it's not 10 PM?

Depends on who you ask. hah

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

School Permission Slip Warns Parents Their Kids Might Actually See Nature (Gasp!)

I loved the quotes ...

"I had a parent complain about their 3 year old's shirt and pants being dirty. When I told the parent it was from the child eating lunch she started yelling at me. At home they spoon feed her, which explained why their child sucked at feeding herself..."

Even better ...

"Guys. My sister is a sailing coach. She once had parents complain to her that her children were getting wet. At sailing class."

Too funny!

Edit: Read the comments too! More hilarity!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I've been trying to find the document that RPM sent to tourists last year about "how to taste wine." Does any one remember if that was emailed to us, in a google doc, or somewhere on a thread? I just can't find it...

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:I've been trying to find the document that RPM sent to tourists last year about "how to taste wine." Does any one remember if that was emailed to us, in a google doc, or somewhere on a thread? I just can't find it...

Perhaps if you'd bookmarked the One-Stop RPM Magical History Tours Compendium thread?

I think the link you are looking for is in the 2nd post there.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:School Permission Slip Warns Parents Their Kids Might Actually See Nature (Gasp!)

I loved the quotes ...

Too funny!

Edit: Read the comments too! More hilarity!

I always tell my kid's daycare that the day I pick him up and he isn't filthy and bruised is the day that I'll get mad at them because they obviously just locked him up. On his "about me" poster they filled in:

What I want to be when I grow up: Daredevil

The kid is nuts.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:... snip ...
The kid is nuts.

Well, he is half yours!

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs!!!! You got some 'splaing to do!!!!

MarkDaSpark

Got a real nice surprise today (or rather on Saturday, when it arrived at my UPS Store box).

Good stuff in it this time!!

Edit:

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:Got a real nice surprise today (or rather on Saturday, when it arrived at my UPS Store box).

such as....

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

I think 3 active pubs is a record, no?

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:such as....

Ask your wife.

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:I think 3 active pubs is a record, no?

Technically, it's only 2.

Edit: Although, when bowtie created the AltPub a long time ago, someone may have posted in the old Pub and new Pub too.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Technically, it's only 2.

Edit: Although, when bowtie created the AltPub a long time ago, someone may have posted in the old Pub and new Pub too.

was that during the start the pub pissing match ?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
coynedj wrote:I hope WD never decides to offer us this.

ewwwwww

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Hopefully, the 2009 (Scott and WD are usually pretty good), but keep us updated!

I'll get mine Wednesday and let you know.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

seriously? 2 pubs? I am doing to reply in this weeks... let alone trying to keep track of 2? Oh well..... Happy Monday everyone! Pulled my back last week, went to the chiro had it fixed, felt better, then re pulled it... back to the chiro today.. now If can make it this week without re injuring it!! `

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Got a real nice surprise today (or rather on Saturday, when it arrived at my UPS Store box).

Edit:

sweet!!

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:I always tell my kid's daycare that the day I pick him up and he isn't filthy and bruised is the day that I'll get mad at them because they obviously just locked him up. On his "about me" poster they filled in:

What I want to be when I grow up: Daredevil

The kid is nuts.

when my daughter was in Kindergarten, she spilled paint on her clothes. The kids in her class were like "oohh you are going to be in trouble when you get home"... my kid just said "moms got stain remover"... made me proud!! kids are supposed to be dirty and exploring!!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:when my daughter was in Kindergarten, she spilled paint on her clothes. The kids in her class were like "oohh you are going to be in trouble when you get home"... my kid just said "moms got stain remover"... made me proud!! kids are supposed to be dirty and exploring!!

Agreed. My Mom always said that kids should eat a peck of dirt by the time they get to kindergarten, and I took that attitude with my kids. Their Mom wasn't too happy when a construction project nearby had a 20-foot tall pile of dirt, and I drove the kids over there one Sunday and let them climb it all day. I brought a book, and it was a great day all around. Until we got home.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

mommadeb1

coynedj wrote:Agreed. My Mom always said that kids should eat a peck of dirt by the time they get to kindergarten, and I took that attitude with my kids. Their Mom wasn't too happy when a construction project nearby had a 20-foot tall pile of dirt, and I drove the kids over there one Sunday and let them climb it all day. I brought a book, and it was a great day all around. Until we got home.

my kids played in the barn and made sand pies...(we have mostly sand, not dirt here). I would have to hose them off before they came in....

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:was that during the start the pub pissing match ?

Yep.

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:I like this one better, just because Sparky doesn't.

Evidently, North doesn't want any of my wine!

Edit: Neither does RJ!

MarkDaSpark

It's a Woot-Off, and I just missed the gaming mouse (which I just found out on Saturday I needed a better one).

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's a Woot-Off...snip

A Woot-Off on regular Woot only? I have not seen this before, but I haven't been around vey long. Is this something they do occasionally or do you think they gave up on wine.woot-offs?

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Evidently, North doesn't want any of my wine!

Edit: Neither does RJ!

huh, musta missed something here, somewhere.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
pseudogourmet98 wrote:A Woot-Off on regular Woot only? I have not seen this before, but I haven't been around vey long. Is this something they do occasionally or do you think they gave up on wine.woot-offs?

check the "other" pub

bhodilee

This two pub Hershey's Kiss is getting old.

Not everyone is my Facebook Friend and I need some feedback since I've never hired anyone:

Am I Sugar Daddy if I instantly put a resume in the NO file if it contains bad grammar? It's not like I've never been guilty of using bad grammar, but I feel that if you're going to apply for a job where one of the advertised factors is "attention to detail" and you submit something with poor grammar, you're probably not the droid I'm looking for.