2008 Amador County Estate Syrah
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
5/8/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. New list in the Gatherings tab and Old list in the Community tab. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of July 14

The Dog Days of Summer have arrived. Why not cool down that puppy with a White Wine or Sangria gathering? Attend or Host a Get-Together in your area!

July
7/20: NorCal #19: Theme Still Under Discussion
7/27: SoCal #27: Sparky & zTimBz Wine Locker Redux

August
8/3: NorCal #?: WineSmith BBQ in Santa Rosa
8/3: Minnesota #21 8-3-13
8/10: Omaha #1: Is there critical mass?
8/10 & 8/17: zTimBz's Bday / SoCal #28 - If we open them, he will come
8/24: The Wootception!!!

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal #?: Open invitation to the New Muscardini Tasting Room

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

renwoodwinery

quality posts: 17 Private Messages renwoodwinery

My Name is Jon Affonso and I am the Assistant Winemaker for Renwood. I will be checking in over the next 24 hours to see if I can answer any questions. Feel free to ask and I will answer as quickly as I can. I hope you enjoy the wine.

Cheers

Jon

tfprocter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfprocter

Apparently this wine does not ship to Maryland?

werms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werms
renwoodwinery wrote:My Name is Jon Affonso and I am the Assistant Winemaker for Renwood. I will be checking in over the next 24 hours to see if I can answer any questions. Feel free to ask and I will answer as quickly as I can. I hope you enjoy the wine.

Cheers

Jon

Just started getting into wine. My first wine purchase on woot. Any suggestions on Aerating?

pantojar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantojar
tfprocter wrote:Apparently this wine does not ship to Maryland?

Looks like no DC or VA either. That's too bad, I was ready to bite.

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey

Another review:

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/renwood-2008-estate-shiraz-syrah-syrah-sierra-foothills-shenandoah-valley-ca

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

$10 cheaper than last time, wish there were some more CT notes from that offering, but appears limited to 2 people with just ratings and very limited notes.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

renwoodwinery

Unfortunately every state has different laws for shipping wine. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

renwoodwinery

I don't think this wine needs decanting. When I pour our wines at tastings, I simply open the bottle and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes. If you want to invest in a Venturi, they work well for immediate consumption.

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

I'm torn. I don't want to buy ANYTHING because I won't be home for a few weeks, but I AM sad that it doesn't ship to my state. I little schizoid, but that's all me.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:$10 cheaper than last time, wish there were some more CT notes from that offering, but appears limited to 2 people with just ratings and very limited notes.

Actually three, but two are wooters. I'd be interested why a 75 was given by one of them, who clearly likes Wellington, Ardente and McClean.

Can the winery comment further on why they see this as a PnP bottle?

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:Actually three, but two are wooters. I'd be interested why a 75 was given by one of them, who clearly likes Wellington, Ardente and McClean.

I ignored the 75, as I do most ratings that get posted with no notes to support them.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

werms wrote:Just started getting into wine. My first wine purchase on woot. Any suggestions on Aerating?

Thanks for getting on board. This is a great deal to cut your teeth with.

This wine will benefit from aerating of some kind, IMO.

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy
rjquillin wrote:Actually three, but two are wooters. I'd be interested why a 75 was given by one of them, who clearly likes Wellington, Ardente and McClean.

I'm thinking this was a flawed bottle (corked?) that wasn't recognized by the rater for some reason.

renwoodwinery

confusedemmy wrote:I'm thinking this was a flawed bottle (corked?) that wasn't recognized by the rater for some reason.

This wine is luscious and rich with elements of ripe plum and vanilla with dusty tannins. It is very drinkable, but has the old branding and we want to clear it out of inventory. Our normal channels are no longer selling library wines with the old labels.

mwarn47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwarn47

How much is shipping on this special? I live in Missouri.

Thanks

rjquillin

mwarn47 wrote:How much is shipping on this special? I live in Missouri.

Thanks

Yes, a bit of confusion here. The voicemail states $5, but count on $7 for summer shipping.

CT

pluthe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pluthe

We enjoyed this wine - very nice and easy drinking. I don't have my exact notes with me but I do know that we liked it very much. I got a case last time and will probably do that again.

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

Thanks for the comments, just placed my order. Seems like a great mid-week bottle for the price. Also had to go in for the Zeppelin Chateau d' Abalone Verdejo.

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

In for 2. We bought a lot of Renwood in the past as it was featured often at the local superstore back before the "troubles" and the comments from Scott in the last offering convinced me to pull the trigger.

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

From my CT: This bottle of syrah was given to me by a fellow wine.wooter and was consumed on 17Jun2013 - the night before a three week family vacation. I didn't take notes and I don't remember much about the wine except that it was plum in color and I enjoyed it very much. I would purchase a case of this except I have no room and I have BLOWN my wine budget on both Barolo deals, ardente and Stillman wines. This is a great price on fantastic estate wine that is also estate bottled. Don't pass on this fantastic wine!

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

nathanbsmith

I had to make sure I wasn't "that guy" you mentioned rjquillin since I have Wellington, Ardente and McClean and loves these wines. A bottle of this 2008 Syrah was given to me by a fellow wine.wooter. See previous post (CT has also been updated).

My CT

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk
nathanbsmith wrote:From my CT: This bottle of syrah was given to me by a fellow wine.wooter and was consumed on 17Jun2013 - the night before a three week family vacation. I didn't take notes and I don't remember much about the wine except that it was plum in color and I enjoyed it very much. I would purchase a case of this except I have no room and I have BLOWN my wine budget on both Barolo deals, ardente and Stillman wines. This is a great price on fantastic estate wine. Don't pass on this fantastic wine!

That was the push I needed! In for 2.

rjquillin

nathanbsmith wrote:I had to make sure I was "that guy" you mentioned rjquillin since I have Wellington, Ardente and McClean and loves these wines. A bottle of this 2008 Syrah was given to me by a fellow wine.wooter. See previous post (CT has also been updated).

No, not you Nathan, but the commonality in some holdings between the three of us is rather interesting.
PM sent.

CT

nathanbsmith

rjquillin wrote:No, not you Nathan, but the commonality in some holdings between the three of us is rather interesting.
PM sent.

Hahahaha! The guy that gave this wine a "75" is my friend that gave me a bottle of Renwood. He really likes this wine. In fact, he is going to buy a case later tonight after he and his wifey go on a date. I just spoke to him to find out why he gave it a 75 on CT. He didn't use the wine tasting assistant and gave it a 75 to mark it as a good wine that he enjoyed. After explaining the CT point system to him, he said it should have been a in the upper 80s.

My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
werms wrote:Just started getting into wine. My first wine purchase on woot. Any suggestions on Aerating?

welcome! this will be the first of MANY purchases!!

renwoodwinery

I am glad to see that many of you are excited about the wine. As a winemaker, it gives me great pleasure to see (or read about) people who are enjoying something that we put so much effort into. I hope you all enjoy. Jon Affonso Assistant Winemaker Renwood Winery

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

I am so sad I missed this! Please come back in September when I have money to spend. I'd love a case of this to put away after buying a six pack when this first showed up on Woot. Delicious!

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

Has anybody received this yet? I got the shipping notice that says info received on 7/22, but nothing since then.

annabellesma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabellesma
bflohl wrote:Has anybody received this yet? I got the shipping notice that says info received on 7/22, but nothing since then.

No, my shipping info is the same as yours. No movement at all.

Live2Dive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Live2Dive
bflohl wrote:Has anybody received this yet? I got the shipping notice that says info received on 7/22, but nothing since then.

Yep. Same as you. Received shipping info, but no booze yet. Did they over sell or forget where the FedEX number was in their office? ;)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders