Coppo Italian Barolo 2-Pack
$99.99 $̶1̶7̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2006 Barolo DOCG Coppo
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Not trying to be cute here, but isn't all Barolo Italian?

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I am very happy to see this juice here

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I am very happy to see this juice here

But I note that you haven't purchased it
For me, I want to know more...$50 Barolo is not a bad price but it's hardly a steal unless I know more about the wine.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

NYPete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYPete

No shipping to NY ... wuwt

"Never trust a wine taster, only trust a wine drinker" ... KAHUNA 09

madpoet

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madpoet

Really short delivery list

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
madpoet wrote:Really short delivery list

Where is this list you speak of? I don't see it.

rredder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rredder
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Where is this list you speak of? I don't see it.

Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:

California, District Of Columbia, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wyoming

pseudogourmet98

rredder wrote:Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:

California, District Of Columbia, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Wyoming

Thank you for posting the list. But I still would like to know where you find it. I am on a mobile device. Is that the problem?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

I would have volunteered to unofficially try this so there could have been a review of this. This price point begs for a review before buying.

jenlkim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenlkim

90 points

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-43939-2006-coppo-barolo-docg-piedmont-italy

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20
SmilingBoognish wrote:Not trying to be cute here, but isn't all Barolo Italian?

Yes, but as a site that primarily sells west coast wines some users may not know much about international wines. So it can't hurt.

CT

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

Looks very interesting, but no delivery anywhere reasonably close.... Also on the expensive side, but could be very very good - 2006 was apparently an inconsistent year in Barolo, but one in which the wines were classically styled - requiring long aging to develop into the greatness that can be Barolo. I'm sorry to miss it.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Thank you for posting the list. But I still would like to know where you find it. I am on a mobile device. Is that the problem?

Yep, looks like we don't have that list on our mobile app. I've just put in a request to get it added in the future.

FYI: international wines always have a smaller SHIP TO list.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pseudogourmet98

Advance apology for rambling.

My Barolo experience:
About 25 years ago while my passion for cooking and knowledge/experience with wine were still in their infancy, I came across a recipe for Beef in Barolo in Bon Appetit magazine. It sounded fabulous. A relatively inexpensive cut of beef braised with fresh herbs, pancetta, vegetables and a lovely red wine. My parents were visiting and I wanted to impress them. Found everything I needed at Publix except the Barolo. I was not familiar with Barolo but i was sure that the wine shop on the other side of town would have it. My dad offered to go get it. When he returned with the bottle and told me it was $50 I was stunned. At that time spending $20 on a bottle of wine was a big deal for me. I could not make myself pour that bottle into the pot. I used a decent Cabernet instead and the beef was wonderful, especially with a nice glass of Barolo.... On the side. Never had Barolo since. Would love to relive that memory. Will consider this today and check back for possible notes.

/rambling

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:But I note that you haven't purchased it
For me, I want to know more...$50 Barolo is not a bad price but it's hardly a steal unless I know more about the wine.

I am happy to see this here because I like variety and I love Barolo! No there is not much info about this wine out there other than the producer has a long and interesting track record, my other problem is that it is an 06 which RPM mentioned and from my experience all the 06's I have tried are no where near ready and will need time in the cellar, and as you know space is always an issue but from what I have tasted 06 has great promise IMHO. Not to mention some of the best wines I have had there are no notes or hype and some of the worst wines I have had were hyped to death

That being said and the fact that you questioned my fortitude I will take a flyer on this one thanks Woot!

Last wooter to woot:tytiger58

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:That being said and the fact that you questioned my fortitude I will take a flyer on this one thanks Woot!

Last wooter to woot:tytiger58

And if you look at CT community pricing, this woot price is actually quite nice.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 188 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:And if you look at CT community pricing, this woot price is actually quite nice.

I noticed that. Only 3 users but their average cost was even higher than the list price.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Why oh why do I have to be moving in 3 weeks? this looks wonderful.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Advance apology for rambling.

My Barolo experience:
About 25 years ago while my passion for cooking and knowledge/experience with wine were still in their infancy, I came across a recipe for Beef in Barolo in Bon Appetit magazine. It sounded fabulous. A relatively inexpensive cut of beef braised with fresh herbs, pancetta, vegetables and a lovely red wine. My parents were visiting and I wanted to impress them. Found everything I needed at Publix except the Barolo. I was not familiar with Barolo but i was sure that the wine shop on the other side of town would have it. My dad offered to go get it. When he returned with the bottle and told me it was $50 I was stunned. At that time spending $20 on a bottle of wine was a big deal for me. I could not make myself pour that bottle into the pot. I used a decent Cabernet instead and the beef was wonderful, especially with a nice glass of Barolo.... On the side. Never had Barolo since. Would love to relive that memory. Will consider this today and check back for possible notes.

/rambling

Check Cinderella. They have Barolo offers often. And get into it! Barolo is easily my favorite region these days. If you see any 07s in the market, those are good buys (generally) for early consumption.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Quincy Boolum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quincy Boolum

I had a bottle of Coppo's delicious 2006 Barbera D'Asti this week at a restaurant in Positano. Was about triple the price of this Barolo. I'd buy this Barolo in heartbeat but I live in a stick-in-the-mud state.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
bkarlan wrote:Why oh why do I have to be moving in 3 weeks? this looks wonderful.

You are always moving.
Establish a business of wine storage, and have it managed!

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
ThunderThighs wrote:Yep, looks like we don't have that list on our mobile app. I've just put in a request to get it added in the future.

Could you just kill the mobile app, it's really terrible :/

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

in for +2. Hooray for shipping to Tennessee!!!

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

zhedenvalarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhedenvalarin

Out of curiosity, I've checked the website that is linked when you check which states are shipped to and it seems that Woot might not have updated their list in a while? I'm not sure if it hasn't been updated or if there's something else going on, but most states are available for shipping according to the website Woot pulled that information from.

If that's the case, I've missed out on tons of deals because my current state is listed as a "stick in the mud" state, but it's been available for wine shipping for a long, long time.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Thank you for posting the list. But I still would like to know where you find it. I am on a mobile device. Is that the problem?

You have to jump through hoops to find it on a mobile device. Basically, I go through to try and order it and if it won't ship to me, I get a message. They really need to fix that.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ThunderThighs wrote:Yep, looks like we don't have that list on our mobile app. I've just put in a request to get it added in the future.

Thank you. I will appreciate it, as my state is definitely a hit-or-miss.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

bsevern wrote:Could you just kill the mobile app, it's really terrible :/

This x1000.

pseudogourmet98

bsevern wrote:Could you just kill the mobile app, it's really terrible :/

I would really rather you make it better. At work I rely on my mobile device as alcohol related sites on my work laptop are a no-no, and since I am on that laptop waaaaaaay too much, I would miss a lot if not for the mobile device access.

pseudogourmet98

kylemittskus wrote:Check Cinderella. They have Barolo offers often. And get into it! Barolo is easily my favorite region these days. If you see any 07s in the market, those are good buys (generally) for early consumption.

Thanks for the tip. I'll put that on my watch list. As I said I would really like to taste Barolo again but given the lack of confidence here i am not sure this is the right offer. $50/bottle is much easier these days, but still a decision not taken lightly.

kylemittskus

pseudogourmet98 wrote:Thanks for the tip. I'll put that on my watch list. As I said I would really like to taste Barolo again but given the lack of confidence here i am not sure this is the right offer. $50/bottle is much easier these days, but still a decision not taken lightly.

Keep an eye on your PMs. Ill shoot you one if something pops up on my radar.

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham

As long as you're adding things:

"Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:"

Given that someone always asks why their state - which allows wine shipping - is of the list, it occurs to me that that above phrasing is actually misleading.

Isn’t what you mean to say that THIS wine may only be delivered to the following states:

Or better yet

This particular winery’s wine

Why not change the boiler plate and a save the infrequent wine wooter the confusion?

pseudogourmet98

X post from last Saturday's offer of Barberad'Asti:

eluofthenine wrote: I'm super excited to see an import wine show up on woot. I'm super close to clicking the button, but at this price I'm needing some more discussion participation. That's what makes woot so great! If this were a 2 page thread with lots of positive comments my curiosity would be peaked, but as it stands the lack of excitement is contagious. We need some rodents for this type of offering at the very least, and it would be nice to see the winery come through as well. I would like to see more international offers so I hope woot can find a way to help them become more popular.

+1 (again)