WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

You're a Good Man Stillman Brown

Stillman Brown offers a wide selection of wine, and you can buy a few of 'em here so that you don't need to go snooping around the wine store for different types. Plus, we're selling them in sets of twos and threes so that you'll be all stocked up next time you're having a party or just sitting on the couch, munching on peanuts.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1674 Private Messages Cesare

Welcome back

Stillman Pinot Noir, San Simeon Coast 2-Pack
$69.99 $̶1̶0̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 35% off List Price
2012 Stillman Pinot Noir, San Simeon Coast, San Luis Obispo County

Zeppelin Winery Chateau d' Abalone Verdejo 3-Pack
$57.99 $̶1̶0̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 43% off List Price
2012 Chateau d' Abalone Verdejo, Paso Robles

Zeppelin Winery Central Coast Red 2-Pack
$58.99 $̶1̶0̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 45% off List Price
2011 Central Coast Red Wine

Zeppelin Winery Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶0̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2010 Zeppelin Winery Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon

Chateau d'Abalone Paso Robles Viognier 2-Pack
$48.99 $̶8̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2012 Chateau d'Abalone Viognier, Paso Robles

Stillman Brown Deep Purple Petite Sirah 2-Pack
$54.99 $̶1̶0̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 49% off List Price
2012 Stillman Petite Sirah, Paso Robles, "Deep Purple"

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown

Why, thank you. Yes, I am whori- er, offering some of my previous swills here, as well as a tiny amount of a new Pinot Noir, which I have returned to producing after a long hiatus. Did I mention that I'm also moving my tasting room to an undisclosed location?

stillmanbrown

Cesare wrote:Welcome back

Thanks! I didn't have enough Pinot Noir for a 'regular' Woot, so after a long afternoon at WWHQ we came up with this plan. They drank the sample after I left, and texted me that the whole office raved about it.
Probably because they were already buzzed, and there were only two of them!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

SB is always an ought-to-buy, but 6 offers could break the bank. WW, show us some mercy.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Always enticing, but always just out of my comfort zone on the price side. I wish these were slightly more accessible (for me), as everyone raves about them. I have some of Verdejo and the prior vintage (Grenache Blanc), and even a bottle of the Viper port, but just can't pull the trigger on the rest of the reds.

A nice 4-pack mix of one-each of the reds at $100 would have gotten me though.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

stillmanbrown

North316 wrote:Always enticing, but always just out of my comfort zone on the price side. I wish these were slightly more accessible (for me), as everyone raves about them. I have some of Verdejo and the prior vintage (Grenache Blanc), and even a bottle of the Viper port, but just can't pull the trigger on the rest of the reds.

A nice 4-pack mix of one-each of the reds at $100 would have gotten me though.

Let's hope for a windfall that doesn't involve a monkey's paw . . .

stillmanbrown

jmdavidson wrote:SB is always an ought-to-buy, but 6 offers could break the bank. WW, show us some mercy.

I'm moving my tasting room (can't say where on public forum) and had to do something with the odd lots . . . plus I didn't have enough PN for a 'regular' offering. Hey, I just do what the Woot Lords say.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

The central coast red is a fracking good Merlot blend, how many more do I need??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

stillmanbrown

tytiger58 wrote:The central coast red is a fracking good Merlot blend, how many more do I need??

Thanks, and I don't know!
Somebody make me a CellarTroll icon!!! (I'm sure it's been done already elsewhere.)

sdfreedive

quality posts: 27 Private Messages sdfreedive
tytiger58 wrote:The central coast red is a fracking good Merlot blend, how many more do I need??

I went in for 3! And I'm considering having my wife buy some too. Also can I not also gift some if I've already bought 3?

And glad this Merlot is back. Probably my favorite wine in recent memory.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
sdfreedive wrote:I went in for 3! And I'm considering having my wife buy some too. Also can I not also gift some if I've already bought 3?

And glad this Merlot is back. Probably my favorite wine in recent memory.

Woot accounts only require a unique email address for creation, which aren't too hard to come by

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

Hey Stillman, in a previous woot offering you mentioned something about in-bottle decanting -- care to describe your technique?

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Good grief. While the Viognier wasn't my cup of tea, the specs and description of the Pinot are right up my alley. And just having driven down the San Simeon coast I can picture where the vineyards would be. Not sure about the others, though....but I did have a Black Zep PS a few weeks ago and enjoyed that too.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

stillmanbrown

guzmantis wrote:Hey Stillman, in a previous woot offering you mentioned something about in-bottle decanting -- care to describe your technique?

It's more of an aeration- open bottle, pour 3-6 oz, recork and let sit a few days for the PS, one for the PN.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 27 Private Messages sdfreedive

Any rec for the CS? I see the PN wants a little air.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

klezman wrote:Good grief. While the Viognier wasn't my cup of tea, the specs and description of the Pinot are right up my alley. And just having driven down the San Simeon coast I can picture where the vineyards would be. Not sure about the others, though....but I did have a Black Zep PS a few weeks ago and enjoyed that too.

The Pinot is killer. Says shilly about swilly.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
neilfindswine wrote:The Pinot is killer. Says shilly about swilly.

Sold!!!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr

This stuff looks great. Can you give some tips on aging windows (assuming we don't want to in-bottle decant the petite sirah for 3 days)?

Specifically, I guess I'm looking for drinking window on the Cab, Pinot, and PS. And how long should/can these be cellared?

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Dagnab it! I'll have to redefine SIWBM to allow for occasional purchases. Like some Stillman Brown.

Tell me something about the Chateau d'Abalone wines. Help me decide. Enable my purchase.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

stillmanbrown

schaeferr wrote:This stuff looks great. Can you give some tips on aging windows (assuming we don't want to in-bottle decant the petite sirah for 3 days)?

Specifically, I guess I'm looking for drinking window on the Cab, Pinot, and PS. And how long should/can these be cellared?

Cab now-2017, Pinot 2014-2020? PS 2015-2025? SWAGs assume cool cellar, no decant. I have to admit I'm more of a young wine swiller...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I happen to be drinking a 2011 Red Zeppelin Chateau d'Abalone (Grenache Blanc), Hall Ranch Vineyard. Loved the 2012 and the Vio is a new addition to the CdA label.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

stillmanbrown

coynedj wrote:Dagnab it! I'll have to redefine SIWBM to allow for occasional purchases. Like some Stillman Brown.

Tell me something about the Chateau d'Abalone wines. Help me decide. Enable my purchase.

Verdejo is dry, aromatic, uberswill. Also ultra rare in US. Viognier is off dry (.9rs) high acid high fruit (1 ton/acre). Sorry for brevity, I am on the road with iPhone 4, ha!

stillmanbrown

The Pinot Noir vineyard is quite exceptional; a mile and a half from the ocean, and extremely low yield (half a ton to a ton per acre). We've been changing the vines' training to lower the fruit zone to pick up more heat from the ground, and lifting the canopy. I'll post pics on my blog later!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

You got me. Orders placed for the Pinot Noir, the Verdejo, and the Central Coast Red.

In my effort to drink down the inventory, I just suffered a setback. The target date for getting to the desired bottle count keeps getting pushed back. Which of course just means that I'll enjoy the "drinking down" for a while longer. How's that for rationalization?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Still have a Black Zeppelin 2009 . good stuff, will go for the Cab here.
reading the post some of this juice will sell out before next friday

stillmanbrown

coynedj wrote:You got me. Orders placed for the Pinot Noir, the Verdejo, and the Central Coast Red.

In my effort to drink down the inventory, I just suffered a setback. The target date for getting to the desired bottle count keeps getting pushed back. Which of course just means that I'll enjoy the "drinking down" for a while longer. How's that for rationalization?

Admirable!

stillmanbrown

stillmanbrown wrote:The Pinot Noir vineyard is quite exceptional; a mile and a half from the ocean, and extremely low yield (half a ton to a ton per acre). We've been changing the vines' training to lower the fruit zone to pick up more heat from the ground, and lifting the canopy. I'll post pics on my blog later!

Cut and paste link to my blog: pic of san simeon coast vineyard is at the bottom. Sorry, but the woot link formatting is slightly beyond inconvenient . . .

http://www.stillmanbrown.blogspot.com/2012/09/verdejo-verified-colossus-semi-released.html

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
coynedj wrote:You got me. Orders placed for the Pinot Noir, the Verdejo, and the Central Coast Red.

Just read the write up on the RED, its got me intrigued, just might have to get 2 myself with the Cab order,

stillmanbrown

I have to go out to dinner in a bit, so if somebody's going to troll ("you should hire me to fix your crappy website" and "I never spend more than $X on Y type of wine" are my personal favorites) you should do so then so you don't have to suffer the indignity of a polite response from me.

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
stillmanbrown wrote:Cut and paste link to my blog: pic of san simeon coast vineyard is at the bottom. Sorry, but the woot link formatting is slightly beyond inconvenient . . .

IFTFY

Yeah, you did suck me in for a woot! Actually two.
I can't even keep CT up to date, much less drink it down.

CT

stillmanbrown

rjquillin wrote:Yeah, you did suck me in for a woot! Actually two.
I can't even keep CT up to date, much less drink it down.

That's even better than the vineyard picture! Or not.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

Central Coast Red already sold out...RATS!!! Stillman got any other wines you could substitute for that one? Just doesn't seem right that something sold out on an offer that lasts until the 19th.

rjquillin

stillmanbrown wrote:That's even better than the vineyard picture! Or not.

Agreed.
But I still added the vineyard for ya.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:Central Coast Red already sold out...RATS!!! Stillman got any other wines you could substitute for that one? Just doesn't seem right that something sold out on an offer that lasts until the 19th.

Yeah, it disappeared from my shopping cart overnight. Looks like there were only 2 cases available. I thought the PN was the wine in short supply?

stillmanbrown

chipgreen wrote:Yeah, it disappeared from my shopping cart overnight. Looks like there were only 2 cases available. I thought the PN was the wine in short supply?

There were definitely more than two!

stillmanbrown

jmdavidson wrote:Central Coast Red already sold out...RATS!!! Stillman got any other wines you could substitute for that one? Just doesn't seem right that something sold out on an offer that lasts until the 19th.

It was one of the smaller allocations but I didn't think it would vanish in 24 hours . . . sorry!

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Where's the Tempranillo offering, Stillman?!

OoWillz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz
stillmanbrown wrote:It was one of the smaller allocations but I didn't think it would vanish in 24 hours . . . sorry!

In for the Pinot and the Verdejo before they sell out! Thanks Stillman

Last Wooter to Woot:
OoWillz

rjquillin

rjquillin wrote:
Stillman Pinot Noir, San Simeon Coast 2-Pack
$69.99 $̶1̶0̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 35% off List Price
2012 Stillman Pinot Noir, San Simeon Coast, San Luis Obispo County

Zeppelin Winery Chateau d' Abalone Verdejo 3-Pack
$57.99 $̶1̶0̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 43% off List Price
2012 Chateau d' Abalone Verdejo, Paso Robles more popular
2012 Chateau d' Abalone Verdejo, Paso Robles more accurate

These two need to be merged, request sent to CT.

Zeppelin Winery Central Coast Red 2-Pack
$58.99 $̶1̶0̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 45% off List Price
2011 Central Coast Red Wine

Zeppelin Winery Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon 2-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶0̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2010 Zeppelin Winery Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon

Chateau d'Abalone Paso Robles Viognier 2-Pack
$48.99 $̶8̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
2012 Chateau d'Abalone Viognier, Paso Robles

Stillman Brown Deep Purple Petite Sirah 2-Pack
$54.99 $̶1̶0̶8̶.̶0̶0̶ 49% off List Price
2012 Stillman Petite Sirah, Paso Robles, "Deep Purple"
Seems like this really should be entered N.V.

CT